Grimm Forum
WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 5 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy (/Thread-WarGames-Players-diplomacy-and-strategy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - irukandji - 12-23-2015

I've never been interested in the royals. They're an island unto themselves, an odd lot off in another country who show up in America every now and then. Or they like to pester Adalind from time to time. They get a snap in my book for that.

But next to the council, I see them as the second most useless side story on Grimm. In thinking about it further, I'm not so sure it's their fault. They're not likeable, they're a-holes with royal blood. They have no rule, the way I understand it. Either they lost that or it was taken away from them and they want it back. They wanted Diana and they wanted Juliette, but not for good purposes it seems.

Side questiosn here, why do you suppose Grimm would make them so detestable? Are these guys going to end up the villains in this uprising? Providing they're not all murdered off first.

I actually don't see the royals funding the black claw. I think they're way too self-centered. Plus, they haven't been known as a friend to the wesen unless it's to better their purpose. I would have thought that wesen would have finished them off long ago. The only thing I can think of that might be saving them is that these royals have some kind of talisman (for lack of a better word) that prevents wesen from taking action.

I've been reading the Knights of Malta thread, along with the comments mentioning the Crusades and the Knights Templar. Very interesting threads and topics. It's a given that the Grimms would be involved in this. I'm not sure if it's been suggested, but maybe the royals were involved as well.

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 01:42 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Time for the Royals. For four season the royals one way or another the royals have been in the background, now in season 5 we are told they are on the backburner. Just like Juliette is deadRolleyes That may as Juliette be so but they didn't say they were off the stove.

Season one we didn't know about the "ROYALS" just that a royal was in Portland so not much to really do with the "ROYALS". Then we got from Ian the insight on the 7 royals families and the verrat being behind what was happening around the world. This insight says they are trying to regain their power from say the 14 or 15 century that is my impression of the time frame of Europe royals.

In real history the Royals started having less and less power starting some time in the 1600 century and up to today.

I believe the Black Claw is being funded by the royals maybe not all but some of the families the one that comes to mind is Renard's. His family look from what we seen as having the most power inside the 7 families Now that the King is dead can't say that will hold true but appears likely. This BC group has to be funded maybe not the ones we are seeing now I think they are just cannon fodder made up of street gangs mostly but the top BC leader funds are from a royal family. The top level with the real plan hasn't been seen yet.

What would this gain the royals? They could come out with the truth (in Grimm) that they knew all about the wesen and had control over them until they lost their power. Now give the west the truth of the Crusades and everything else. Now with this complete the west under royal control and we would have another round of Crusades to take the east, this could be easier with the wesen BC groups in the east. Again we are back to why Grimms are important to Royals, can't have these BC class in the royal court can we. Now which way does Renard jump?

What do you think got a different opinion or a better one?Dodgy

Jsgrimm45,
This is a very great and complete post.

I just think that the royals need some mechanism to control the BC. I think the royals are helping the BC, but they are also helping the HW... Or they must have some way to control the BC.

Just mixing real life situation with Grimm. If CIA, FBI and MI6 and others secret agents around the world are working together to HW... MI6 is from England. England is still ruled by a royal family. This way, MI6 can be one of the connections the royals are using to control / help the HW group.

Note 1: I know England is actually ruled by a primer minister. But this post serves as example for other ideas.

Note 2: probably the writers will not use it because they wouldn't want to refer real life royals. Again, this serves as example for other ideas.

(12-23-2015, 05:56 PM)irukandji Wrote: I've never been interested in the royals. They're an island unto themselves, an odd lot off in another country who show up in America every now and then. Or they like to pester Adalind from time to time. They get a snap in my book for that.

But next to the council, I see them as the second most useless side story on Grimm. In thinking about it further, I'm not so sure it's their fault. They're not likeable, they're a-holes with royal blood. They have no rule, the way I understand it. Either they lost that or it was taken away from them and they want it back. They wanted Diana and they wanted Juliette, but not for good purposes it seems.

Side questiosn here, why do you suppose Grimm would make them so detestable? Are these guys going to end up the villains in this uprising? Providing they're not all murdered off first.

I actually don't see the royals funding the black claw. I think they're way too self-centered. Plus, they haven't been known as a friend to the wesen unless it's to better their purpose. I would have thought that wesen would have finished them off long ago. The only thing I can think of that might be saving them is that these royals have some kind of talisman (for lack of a better word) that prevents wesen from taking action.

I've been reading the Knights of Malta thread, along with the comments mentioning the Crusades and the Knights Templar. Very interesting threads and topics. It's a given that the Grimms would be involved in this. I'm not sure if it's been suggested, but maybe the royals were involved as well.

Irukandji, I think the point about the royals helping the BC is not because the royals agree with them or want to help them.

I think the royals would be helping them as a way to create troubles in the society... Them they can try to justify their return to the world power.

(12-23-2015, 05:56 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Irukandji, I think the point about the royals helping the BC is not because the royals agree with them or want to help them.

I think the royals would be helping them as a way to create troubles in the society... Them they can try to justify their return to the world power.

If you see the royals as helping the black claw, then what you say makes sense, Adriano. They wouldn't be helping the claw out of the kindness of their heart. There would be an ulterior motive that would benefit them.

I don't see that. To be honest, I think the Grimm writers didn't really see a necessity for continuing the royals' story. Sean flip flopped between being interested in them and not being interested in them. Right from the getgo Diana hated the king. I think that's the reason why they had Nick kill off Kenneth and then he and his cronies stormed the mansion and killed off the royal contingent. I think it's the reason they had Meisner kill the king. The royals are out of it and Diana stays in the U.S.

I could be wrong, but we're into season 5 and we don't know much more about the royals then we knew before. I mean, who's left that we know other than Victor? Is he really enough to carry an interesting story involving the royals and black claw? I'd say probably not.

I would say the majority of people would rather see Nick fight the claw in Portland rather than Victor dealing with them in whatever country the royalty calls home.

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - syscrash - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 07:23 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 05:56 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Irukandji, I think the point about the royals helping the BC is not because the royals agree with them or want to help them.

If you see the royals as helping the black claw, then what you say makes sense, Adriano. They wouldn't be helping the claw out of the kindness of their heart. There would be an ulterior motive that would benefit them.

I don't see that. To be honest, I think the Grimm writers didn't really see a necessity for continuing the royals' story. Sean flip flopped between being interested in them and not being interested in them. Right from the getgo Diana hated the king. I think that's the reason why they had Nick kill off Kenneth and then he and his cronies stormed the mansion and killed off the royal contingent. I think it's the reason they had Meisner kill the king. The royals are out of it and Diana stays in the U.S.

I could be wrong, but we're into season 5 and we don't know much more about the royals then we knew before. I mean, who's left that we know other than Victor? Is he really enough to carry an interesting story involving the royals and black claw? I'd say probably not.

I would say the majority of people would rather see Nick fight the claw in Portland rather than Victor dealing with them in whatever country the royalty calls home.
We can be pretty sure the Royals are out of the picture. Since only Viktor is left and Alexis is on another show.
It will be interesting if they still refer to Sean as the Royal in Portland.

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 07:23 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I will have to say to different th8ngs about this.

First, if the writers are good writers, they can't simply forget about the royals plot. They have give too much attention to them for now simply they are not important any more. Thinking like this, I am speculating what would be the best actions for each group. It is not exactly about what the writers will do.

Second, if the writers are bad writers... Them I have to agree with you. And the writers have already give other examples that they simple jump from one plot to another and expect us to not pay attention in that.

Try to say it in another way to explain myself better. I am posting opinions about the royals for the fun of it... But I don't think the writers are going to give good answers for this.

(12-23-2015, 09:51 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Try to say it in another way to explain myself better. I am posting opinions about the royals for the fun of it... But I don't think the writers are going to give good answers for this.

I don't think the writers will either, but for the sake of discussion, I don't mind talking about the royals.

The king is dead, most of the royal contingent is dead. We don't know about Victor. In the case of this particular royal family, it just might be belly up.

However, the way I understand these royals is that there are a total of seven(?) royal families out there, so that still leaves six.

Does anyone know, are these families all related? Are they all in a certain place or do you think they're in different countries? I have to admit, if the royal families are all bonded together in some way, it does make it easier to believe they have access to some major funds and some power. The thing that throws a wrench into all of this is the king himself. It seemed to me he was the king over this small faction with Sean and Eric and not the king over the entire seven royal families. Am I interpreting that correctly?

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - syscrash - 12-24-2015

Won't it be ironic if the council who put a bounty on Nick. Will have to call on him for protection.

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - jsgrimm45 - 12-24-2015

(12-23-2015, 10:51 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 09:51 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Try to say it in another way to explain myself better. I am posting opinions about the royals for the fun of it... But I don't think the writers are going to give good answers for this.

I don't think the writers will either, but for the sake of discussion, I don't mind talking about the royals.

The king is dead, most of the royal contingent is dead. We don't know about Victor. In the case of this particular royal family, it just might be belly up.

However, the way I understand these royals is that there are a total of seven(?) royal families out there, so that still leaves six.

Does anyone know, are these families all related? Are they all in a certain place or do you think they're in different countries? I have to admit, if the royal families are all bonded together in some way, it does make it easier to believe they have access to some major funds and some power. The thing that throws a wrench into all of this is the king himself. It seemed to me he was the king over this small faction with Sean and Eric and not the king over the entire seven royal families. Am I interpreting that correctly?
At one time all the royal families intermarried to keep the peace. In WWI Kaiser Wilhelm and Czar Nicholas were related to Queen Victoria I think she was their Aunt. Didn't stop WWI. All the Europe royal families were connected to Austro-Hungarian Empire.

I think that was to be the point of making Austra the lead family of the 7 families. The King told Viktor the families had given him a great deal of power. I do see each Family has having a different agenda on most thing but together on the keys not so sure why they thought Diana was of any great deal to them. That is a good question only thing that comes to mind with her power would help them all but I'm thinking the King sold them a bill of goods and would have only used her power to increase his power.

We hear Nick say we are going to the Black Forest to do that means somehow they will need the 4 keys the royals have. Question how do they get them?

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - irukandji - 12-24-2015

(12-24-2015, 08:28 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: At one time all the royal families intermarried to keep the peace. In WWI Kaiser Wilhelm and Czar Nicholas were related to Queen Victoria I think she was their Aunt. Didn't stop WWI. All the Europe royal families were connected to Austro-Hungarian Empire.

I think that was to be the point of making Austra the lead family of the 7 families. The King told Viktor the families had given him a great deal of power. I do see each Family has having a different agenda on most thing but together on the keys not so sure why they thought Diana was of any great deal to them. That is a good question only thing that comes to mind with her power would help them all but I'm thinking the King sold them a bill of goods and would have only used her power to increase his power.

We hear Nick say we are going to the Black Forest to do that means somehow they will need the 4 keys the royals have. Question how do they get them?

Yes indeed, they did often marry and intermingle with their own. That does have its own dangers. The royal families also went outside their family to other royal families in other countries.

One of my all time favorite shows, Vikings, is about to reveal that story. Rollo, brother to the Viking king Ragnar, is set to marry the daughter of French royalty. Presumably, this union will to keep the Vikings from raiding Normandy and allow the Vikings to perhaps settle peacefully there.

But this brings up a question in my mind. Monroe knows a lot about the wesen, but he never mentions if there was wesen royalty. It would not make sense that there weren't some wesen royalty in this. It also might provide an explanation why wesen haven't outright killed the royalty all these years. The royals also employ the verrat. Is it possible that if there was an intermingling of wesen royalty and human royalty, the human component may have gained a way of seeing wesen, much like the Grimms?

RE: WarGames: Players, diplomacy and strategy - jsgrimm45 - 12-24-2015

Now the resistance. This group is not a main player in most ways that we see. We hear about them but don't see their plans etc. Do they have a role in the Black Claw uprising?

I see during WWII OSS and MI6 started both HW and the resistance the resistance was as we know used in the open we might say human vs human. The Knights of Malta may have and think so contacted OSS and MI6 with a different warning about Black Claw. This was the start of HW so we had a overt op resistance and a covert op HW.

After the was the resistance seen the royals setting up plans to regain their power of old so the reform and started to resist the royals. This group over time went from cooperation to infighting which Renard tried to stop in his meetings. Leaving them looking like they intended to cooperate. With this BC group would HW enlist the resistance? I think with Meisner having and in yes but we didn't hear what happened in Europe with BC was it there or not. If not I don't see a role for the resistance in the U.S. if yes then their role will be in Europe now when we need the 4 keys the royals have one way the royals will give them to Nick don't think so the only other way is for the resistance will steal them from the royals more likely.

Still I don't see HW coming out into the open it will use agents like Meisner to get this done. Could even be that Meisner using resistance help get the scooby's in and out with the keys.

Until the BC works in Europe resistance will be not be a factor.

How do you see it? Dodgy