Grimm Forum
Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 1 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-1)
+---- Thread: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder (/Thread-Rewatch-1x10-Organ-Grinder)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - HellJacket - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 02:02 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: The second scene is where the forensics-lady says "Well, could be vampires or someone who wants to be a vampire." She gives three options: Vampires, dark rituals, much blood in a short time. This could include of course a little homage to vampires by the writers, but I'm not convinced.
I learned a long time ago that there is no convincing of anyone of anything on the Internet. There is no burden of proof here. Neither of us wins by default. There is also no degree of evidence that must be presented for a person to be considered "convinced." If I have not convinced you, it could simply mean (1) I'm really dumb and I don't realize my arguments are bad (2) you're a stubborn person and I couldn't convince you that the sky is blue for even a portion of the day or (3) there's a semantic barrier preventing us from actually seeing the other person's argument. However, no matter what the case may be, I do not care whether I have convinced you or anyone.

(07-02-2013, 02:02 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: OK, "your" vampires don't need to be undead and drink blood (the real thing, liquid, fresh, warm!)? It's enough to plug little holes into the victim's neck? I'm a purist and you are truely flexible Rolleyes
Lol, purist DOES NOT mean someone is inflexible. It means someone takes a very narrow unchanging definition based on some model (e.g., for Zombies, purists usually base it on Romero's Night of the Living dead). I, on the other hand, satisfy terms with very broad definitions. For example, would you say that Monroe is a werewolf? I would say he is. My definition of werewolf is as follows:

1. A human who can physically transform to have wolf-like features.

The above is all that is necessary for me, and it's very broad. But the purist will say, "No, no no, that's all wrong. A werewolf is only a werewolf if he changes when the moon is full. Also, werewolves must be hurt only by silver. Also, werewolves are not innate creatures, but humans who have been bitten a werewolf and got the werewolf disease. If all of these requirements are not satisfied, then no werewolf." Bah humbug I say. Broad definition counts.

Therefore, saying you're a purist is neither a good or bad thing. However, it means I know very well we are going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. I can no more make a purist understand that my broad definition counts, any more than he/she will ever make me believe that a werewolf is only a werewolf if the transformation occurs during the full moon. Technically speaking, I am just as inflexible as the purist in saying a broad definition always counts while the purist says only the narrow one does.

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Zansy - 04-30-2018

* That is such a horrible first scene... I’m so sorry for those boys. (Yes, in case you were wondering, I tend to be sorry for victims unless I know they’re complete assholes.)
* Those poor kids.
*Yikes that Raven starting to feed on the corps. I mean, it does give us a hint towards the Geier, with both being birds that like to feed on remains. But still... I could’ve gone without that.
* I’m surprised Monroe’s so eager to put milk into Nick’s coffee. Aren’t most coffee fanatics into the taste of the coffee?
* Now I think that Nick does have a good point here, wanting to tell Juliette. But when he got attacked it was actually about him being a cop, not about him being a Grimm. And she does know that.
* I do wonder how much trouble could have been prevented if Nick had told Juliette by this point. I mean she might’ve just left him. But they both could’ve recovered from that break up without it basically turning Juliette’s life upside down. And if they hadn’t, she wouldn’t have walked into the Adalind trap quite as easily.
*”We would have gotten away with a lot more bad behavior if it wasn’t for guys like you Grimms who can see us when we don’t want to be seen.” Awww, really, too bad there are Grimms, huh, Monroe?
* “Even a normal relationship baffles me.” - Ah Monroe, honey... it’s not that much longer now. We’re about to meet your future brother in law.
* Hank’s been to Waikiki on his first honeymoon.
* “Anybody believe in vampires?”
* “Well. Could be vampires. Or somebody who wants to be a vampire. Or somebody who wants a lot of blood fast.” I do like Dr. Harper.
* Sp Hank gets to call Nick a softy and he just takes that. (When Rosalee and Monroe start calling each other softies, he says that they should only be that for each other, not for homeless kids, and it’s in Lost Boys... oh the parallels.)
* Can we talk about the foreshadowing of Steven being treated for a spider bite in the episode before Tarantella?
* “Ironically he was an organ donor.” (So Geier can both steal Kehrseite organs and be willing to donate their own?)
* Monroe’s favorite color is red, but he’s not sharing anything else because he suspects that Nick doesn’t really want to know.
* It kinda would’ve been funnier to have them have their organ debate while eating kidney beans if they were going to have beans anyway.
*Why does Freddy woge in turn when Monroe woges? Is that basic politeness? The doctor in Bad Luck doesn’t woge in turn when Monroe and Rosalee woge to offer their Wesen ID.
* I like the irony of “it’s really for a friend” actually being true here.
* Freddy would be willing to *gift-wrap* organs?! Seriously, Rosalee... your sibs...
* By the way, he’s a Fuchsbau. So count your fingers after you shake hands.” (Oh your life’s going to be exhausting, Monroe...)
* Oh my. Nick walks into the spice shop and I’m so used to the sight that for a moment I totally expected to see Rosalee.
* Freddy seems to be lefthanded.
* Wow, Nick is really menacing in this scene. I mean, I feel him. Freddy really, really, really shouldn’t be dealing in human organs. But he’s faced other baddies before.
*Everyone’s calling Nick a softy over buying that Necklace! (Seriously, Nick and Rosalee should found their own little soft-hearts-for-homeless kids club.)
* “I can’t exactly let you go alone. There’s no telling what you might buy.”
* Hm. Interesting that Nick’s reaction to Juliette being good with kids is “You should have been a cop.”
* You know, every time I feel bad about Freddy dying, I should remember all these kids.
* *sigh* Gracie you really are troublingly trusting for a street kid.
* “I’m going with you guys on this one.” - And then Sean’s all “okay, did you just shoot at my officers?” *bang* I never know what to make of this man.
* It’s still cannibalism.” Is it really though? If it’s Wesen eating Kehrseite organs?
* Nice touch on Hanson leaving shell necklace shells instead of bread crumbs.
* “I’m not asking you as a cop, so don’t expect me to behave like one.”
* I keep expecting Nick to hear better than he can by this point. Odd how easily you forget the early season premises if you’ve mostly been watching the later ones.
* And another instance of someone falling into the trap they were laying for others. (Bears will be Bears, anyone?)
* “This town is definitely getting weirder.”
* “This world is becoming more complicated.” - “Only for the simple minded.” - “You are going to have to control this Grimm. Or get rid of him.” - “What I do and how I do it are none of your concern.”- “I am speaking for the Verrat, and they have a different opinion. Things are getting out of control. A Grimm on his own is like a Samurai without a Master.” - “Well this one has a badge and a conscience.” - “That is your problem.”

[Image: tumblr_p80nhzmUuk1xryu9qo1_1280.jpg]
*sigh* I really am sad that Freddy is a villain in all this. But he's still Rosalee's brother. So of course we needed a picture of him.

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Henry of green - 04-30-2018

I thought this was a great epsiode one of my all time favorites it’ had all the aspects of a really great Grimm epsiode, an intriguing case of the week using the classical Hansel and Gretel tale and giving it a modern Grimm twist. I thought the Geiers filled the void of the witch very well and were truly pretty terrifying. It was also good to see Nick go all grimm on Freddy when he discovered he was using the organs supplied by the Geiers, it was good to see badass Grimm Nick for a change.

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Zansy - 04-30-2018

(04-30-2018, 02:34 PM)Henry of green Wrote: I thought this was a great epsiode one of my all time favorites it’ had all the aspects of a really great Grimm epsiode, an intriguing case of the week using the classical Hansel and Gretel tale and giving it a modern Grimm twist. I thought the Geiers filled the void of the witch very well and were truly pretty terrifying. It was also good to see Nick go all grimm on Freddy when he discovered he was using the organs supplied by the Geiers, it was good to see badass Grimm Nick for a change.

I do really enjoy it despite the creepiness, and I think it's a well done reinterpretation of Hansel and Gretel. It just breaks my heart that Freddy's one of the bad guys. Because I feel terrible watching Rosalee mourn him, and after what he's been part of I shouldn't. He's aware what he's selling. And he seems perfectly fine with it until a Grimm shows up and tells him not to. So yeah. I was fine with Nick going Grimm at him, too. And I'm usually very fond of Nick's softer approach. But when getting tough could either prevent further violence or help solve a kidnapping on time... let him be soft on people like Roddy. And harsh on people like Freddy.