Grimm Forum
Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 1 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-1)
+---- Thread: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder (/Thread-Rewatch-1x10-Organ-Grinder)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - GrimmForum - 06-28-2013

Organ Grinder

[Image: BBbJFEhl.jpg]

Episode: 1x10
Air Date: February 3, 2012
Synopsis: Nick investigates a black market organ-harvesting ring that caters to the supernatural creatures of Portland.

Resources
Episode Summary (Grimm-Fan.com)
Screen Captures (Grimm-Fan.com)

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Lou - 06-28-2013

Organ Grinder
Head Count – At least 3
Wogs – 3
Apples- the bad guy who gets shot in the trailer has an iPhone, and there is an iMac in the clinic.
No bridges in this episode. But we did get a nice shot of Triple Falls, which ought to count for something.

So the opening line is from Hansel and Gretel. And we have some Hansel and Gretel stuff going on. There is a brother and sister who have runaway. And the sister drops pula shells instead of breadcrumbs. But that’s about it. Well, at least we are back to Grimm’s fairy tales – even if the connections are few and far between.

There is more development of Juliette in this episode. In the ogre episode we see how she keeps her head in a crisis. Last episode we see she is both proactive and brave. And now we see she is both empathic and good at putting people at ease. Certainly the writers are busy laying the groundwork for her to be an Assistant Grimm.
Spoiler :
Too bad we had to wait a season and a half to see any this happen.

Also continuing a trend that I recently spotted, we have another contemporary issue show up in this episode: runaways.

Dr. Levine looked pretty familiar to me so I looked her up on IMDB. She is Valerie Cruz. Some of us might recognize her as Sylvia in Dexter. I also recognized her as Lt Murphy in The Dresden Files.

So as of last episode, Monroe officially joined the Grimm Team. In this episode we see the beginning of a Bro-mance. And what turns out to be some really long distance fore shadowing
Spoiler :
Nick brings up that he wants Monroe to wog for Juliette.

When Nick goes into the clinic to find out where the kids are, the Geir wogs but has no idea that Nick is a Grimm until he tells her to look at him. I’m not sure how this fits into our theories on how Weson detects Grimm. Again, I’ll leave it to HellJacket to try to explain it.

Another theme that has been developing over the last couple of episodes is Hank’s growing suspicion that something in Portland smells fishy.

And at the end, the writers leave us wondering how exactly is Renard tied in to the Anti-Nick people, and who the hell are the Verat?!

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - pale boy - 06-29-2013

(06-28-2013, 09:54 PM)Lou Wrote: There is more development of Juliette in this episode. In the ogre episode we see how she keeps her head in a crisis. Last episode we see she is both proactive and brave. And now we see she is both empathic and good at putting people at ease. Certainly the writers are busy laying the groundwork for her to be an Assistant Grimm.
Spoiler :
Too bad we had to wait a season and a half to see any this happen.

Oh, I love Juliette, but what you mentioned in the spoilers, Lou, it nearly killed me. Waiting is the hardest part, indeed. I can't wait to see what the writers do with Juliette in Season 3, though.

In this episode, I liked the Wesen black market idea. Wesen are "underground", in a manner of speaking, so it makes sense for a lot of their business practices to be the same way. Another fine and disturbing concept from the writers. Wink Wonder what most Wesen think of humans ...?

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - speakeasy - 06-29-2013

Thought this was a very good episode. The dinner scene between he and Nick shows why Monroe is such a favorite for many viewers. His facial expressions are priceless. The long scene had me laughing all through it, especially how he looks when he reveals his favorite color and his trying to back-walk what he said during the creature enhancement part - "Oh, yeah. Our exotic animals are you".

The Captain proved he is a deadeye with the rifle in the trailer greenhouse part. Maybe he's a good one (hope so) and maybe he's a bad one, but he sure is a badass. And this episode takes us a baby step forward into the mystery of the Captain's seemingly nefarious secret world.

Can't help but feel apprehensive for Hank as he gets more exposed to what it's like to partner with a Grimm. Anyone know what kind of wesen a Waschbar is? Monroe made reference to it in the spice shop.

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Gretel Hanselsister - 06-29-2013

(06-28-2013, 09:54 PM)Lou Wrote: So the opening line is from Hansel and Gretel. And we have some Hansel and Gretel stuff going on. There is a brother and sister who have runaway. And the sister drops pula shells instead of breadcrumbs. But that’s about it.

Great episode, though very dark, but pretty close to the fairy tale from my point of view.
Did you have a closer look at the names? Henson, Gracie - Hansel, Gretel. Like the hungry children were attracted by the gingerbread house, the victims were attracted by the hope of a well-paid job. And at the end, the woman fell into the fire and died the way the witch died in the fairy tale.

I liked Wu playing with the words Cannibalism -Capitalism (Helljacket: That's the world where surgeons earn more money than window washers Wink )

If you know a bit german, you would never-ever enter the "Folter Clinic" for "Folter" means "torture".
A "Fuchsbau" is where foxes live, a fox-earth, fox-hole, fox-kennel, whatever you prefer. Another weird word for a living being, nothing special.

(06-29-2013, 05:04 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Anyone know what kind of wesen a Waschbar is? Monroe made reference to it in the spice shop.

A Waschbar (normally written Waschbär) simply is a raccoon. Monroe used the word for someone in a special age, it didn't make sense to me, too.

@Gretel Hanselsister

Thanks for the translation! Now the sentence makes sense to me because there is an old expression 'Haven't seen you in a 'coon's age' (don't hear it much anymore), which means a very long time.

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Lou - 06-29-2013

(06-29-2013, 06:43 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: Did you have a closer look at the names? Henson, Gracie - Hansel, Gretel. Like the hungry children were attracted by the gingerbread house, the victims were attracted by the hope of a well-paid job. And at the end, the woman fell into the fire and died the way the witch died in the fairy tale.

Nice pick up. I hadn't noticed that. I usually remember to look at the names of the characters for clues. But I forgot this time. And I missed the fire pit as an analog for the oven - very good work there, Gretel.

(06-29-2013, 07:19 AM)speakeasy Wrote: @Gretel Hanselsister

Thanks for the translation! Now the sentence makes sense to me because there is an old expression 'Haven't seen you in a 'coon's age' (don't hear it much anymore), which means a very long time.

Wow - good team work guys. Those references completely went over my head. One of the things I liked about the TV show Lost was there were all these little easter eggs interspersed in the stories. I'm glad to see the tradition upheld in Grimm.

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - Gretel Hanselsister - 06-29-2013

Wow! Thank you! Who was supposed to understand this when a transatlantic teamwork was necessary? I just love our forum Heart

(06-29-2013, 11:24 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote:

Wow! Thank you! Who was supposed to understand this when a transatlantic teamwork was necessary? I just love our forum Heart

I do, too!Heart

RE: Rewatch: 1x10 - Organ Grinder - FräuleinWunderlich - 06-30-2013

(06-28-2013, 09:54 PM)Lou Wrote: Dr. Levine looked pretty familiar to me so I looked her up on IMDB. She is Valerie Cruz. Some of us might recognize her as Sylvia in Dexter. I also recognized her as Lt Murphy in The Dresden Files.

Ok, she is definitely not the Lt. Murphy that I´ve constructed my head! Tongue

Do you have noticed that Nick wearing green clothing often suspiciously? I only say Robin Hood Wink