Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - dicappatore - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 08:05 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 07:49 AM)brandon Wrote: Adalind know the GRIMM (1)
Juliette know a Nick. Why feared?
Maybe it's an instinctual thing for wesen to fear Grimms. Juliette was just newly minted, and forgot Nick completely and only saw the hunter/killer/Grimm in him even though in the two years she'd seen him operate he wasn't killing wesen all willy nilly. Anything less than the wesen instinct doesn't make sense why she'd assume Nick was a threat to her. I believe once she got over the irrational fear, Nick "rejected" her by not kissing her and the hexenbiest in her amped up all the negative thoughts, perceptions of her relationship with him, thereby falling prey to a supernatural rage that also didn't make sense. At this stage she realised her power and gave in to its seduction but it didn't make her happy or feel good about herself but she was past the point of caring. There was nothing Nick could have done to assuage the biest. Either one or the other would have ended up dead and that was almost true for both.

For me? can only speculate on what is in the show.

Fact, Nick was a new type of Grimm from the traditional ones, his mom, aunt, etc... Has faced 3 other Hexenbiest and only fought with Adalind Took her Hex but did not kill her or the other 2. Add Sean a third male Hex equivalent.
Fact, she made a pact with Nick, no more secrets
Fact, given her profession, A vet, but still a doctor. Her ability not just to adapt to the Wesen/Grimm world, but to assist and do research for the gang. She was no damsel in distress.
Fact. In the supermarket talking to Nick about love, In the trailer talking about her grandmother, in the coffee shop talking to her dorm room mate, paint a Juliette with a promiscuous past.
Fact, Juliette feared Nick would kill her.
Fact, in a few interviews with the actress E. Tulloch, she confides changes of her character going dark.
Given these facts, why would Juliette fear and react so volatile to Nick, and not be up front with her condition sooner? Given the facts presented to us? Makes no sense.

IMO, this is where the writers screwed up the logic in writing her progression to the dark side. But we don’t get the right or opportunity to write our own story. Unable to get into the head of a fictional character.

We can only asses the character based on what’s given. We can put blame on this, that, or what we wish would have happened, but it’s not part of the story.

Based on what is presented, Her Hex, her change of mind, the planets lining up makes no difference. She releases what she becomes, a selfish unforgivable power hungry floozy we see in season 4. No more, no less

(06-27-2017, 09:01 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 08:40 PM)Devegs Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 06:19 PM)silver Wrote: Somehow, Adalind always manages to slither by when bad stuff happens because of her spells she unleashes on everybody. Is it because she's prettier than most? Her mannerisms? Why is so much attention for blame falling on Juliette's head?! Like wow. It's not right like, at all.

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Adalind never managed to slither off without facing repercussions. Plus, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IMO, Adalind's beauty cannot make Juliette any less beautiful. It seems you considered one prettier than the other, idk. They were both beautiful women.

In S1 Adalind got her hex taken due to her actions.

In S2, she lost her mom as a result of the cat scratch incident.

Later, she regained her hex but double crossed the royals in the process by running off with the baby, but she still suffered because Diana got taken from her.

She returned to the royals with her tail in between her legs in the hopes of being a glorified babysitter to the child. The royals used her to punish the grimm by having her take his grimm from him. That act was also to punish Sean (since they de-powered his grimm). Most important of all, the royals used her and then meted out her own punishment too. Once she got to Vienna, they placed her in the hex dungeon.

Then royals used her as a pawn when they returned to Portland, then offered her up as bait to get another pawn in place, so as to take down Kelly and get their hands on the main prize (Diana). Adalind got that beat down from Juliette, so Juliette got some satisfaction. When Adalind ran to Nick for help, she was uncertain and, rightfully, fearful that he would not care about her or the baby. Thus, as leverage, she offered a hex suppressant to fix Juliette.

On the topic:
Juliette/Eve suffered as well but also had her own share of misdeeds. However, by the end of the series Juliette is back in the fold with the gang but prefers to remain as hexenbiest Eve. The story ends with everyone being very different from how they originally started out in S1. Nick, Juliette, Adalind, Hank and Wu have shown remarkable change from when we first met them. The scoobies all have battle scars and some have acknowledged, at different points during the final two seasons, that they all share some guilt. The writers left them all as friends in S6 E13.

In the blame game of who actually set everything in motion, I believe another poster traced it to the royals (Sean being part of this group). However, the scoobies all have blood on their hands. Each one of them. I don't bash one to prove another's virtue.
Very well said.

This is what blows my mind, Juliette is well aware of what took place to the point when Nick get his Grimm back but she still teams up with the main force behind all her misfortunes. With her powers and knowledge, she didn’t need to royals for anything else, including revenge for whatever beef she had with Nick. writers prerogative?

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 06-28-2017

She started to be afraid of something she never know. Which perhaps left Nick somewhat disoriented. Because she would be afraid of him?
To tell you something would not have served.
Do no even try to track cell phone.
He did not try to smother her. That she would look for him to speak when she needed it.
The attitude Juliette have in the spice shop because Nick told him to Hank.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Devegs - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 09:07 AM)dicappatore Wrote: This is what blows my mind, Juliette is well aware of what took place to the point when Nick get his Grimm back but she still teams up with the main force behind all her misfortunes. With her powers and knowledge, she didn’t need to royals for anything else, including revenge for whatever beef she had with Nick. writers prerogative?

Yes. It is writer's prerogative. Like you pointed out, they know the characters more intimately can we can ever know them. They know exactly what each character is feeling and thinking when the character is speaking or doing something. They know each character's complete past, motivation and desire best. Unfortunately, due to their format and style of writing, we never got to know the characters as intimately as we would have liked. Especially since most of us got to care about the characters and their stories. We did not find out much during character plots, we only got snippets. Plots often played out quickly and details got chopped off. However, they did clue us in as best as they could based how their storytelling style. I think they told their story the best way they could based on their ideas, desires, format, budget, etc.

(06-27-2017, 09:38 PM)silver Wrote: If by this point, nobody seems to even consider that she went clinically insane, then I just don't know what to say.

It could very well be that she did go clinically insane. Maybe that's even what the writers were going for. However, the knowledge of that doesn't undo the events that took place during that period. The hurt and pain that they both went through doesn't get erased because she recognized afterwards that she did went bat shit crazy. I think the writer's clued us to what was happening at the time when Kenneth made the comment about Juliette 'burning bridges'.

After all that had happened between Juliette and Nick, there was definitely no going back to that relationship. Plus, Nick wanted Juliette but with the grimm life, while Juliette wanted Nick but with a normal life. They didn't want the same kind of relationship even though they had both been trying really hard to make it work. I think they both recognized their mistakes later on. By the end of the show, we see she's moving on with her new life/persona and embracing the her biest differently. However, if the writers had written and ended the story differently, that's where my argument would be going.

(06-27-2017, 10:30 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: She definitely went crazy but it doesn't make her less culpable than everyone for their terrible deeds, including Nick.

True. That's why I always like to point out that they all have blood on their hands.

I think she allied herself with royalty because that way she could not get her hands dirty.Is what certain people have done in manipulating others to murder.
Nick would have accepted her as Hexenbiest but she destroyed everything.
Would not say insane, could be bipolar or schizophrenic.
It happens to normal people who are starting to go crazy or in cases of drug abuse.
I do not see Juliette agreeing to be a "Hexenbiest",for me it was Eve.
Juliette is dead

(06-28-2017, 11:35 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not see Juliette agreeing to be a "Hexenbiest",for me it was Eve.
Juliette is dead

Great point. True.

Eve, or should I say the writers, did insist that the Juliette personality no longer exists. She died back in S4. Lol.

RE: Eve/Juliette - rpmaluki - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 10:51 AM)Devegs Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 09:07 AM)dicappatore Wrote: This is what blows my mind, Juliette is well aware of what took place to the point when Nick get his Grimm back but she still teams up with the main force behind all her misfortunes. With her powers and knowledge, she didn’t need to royals for anything else, including revenge for whatever beef she had with Nick. writers prerogative?

Yes. It is writer's prerogative. Like you pointed out, they know the characters more intimately can we can ever know them. They know exactly what each character is feeling and thinking when the character is speaking or doing something. They know each character's complete past, motivation and desire best. Unfortunately, due to their format and style of writing, we never got to know the characters as intimately as we would have liked. Especially since most of us got to care about the characters and their stories. We did not find out much during character plots, we only got snippets. Plots often played out quickly and details got chopped off. However, they did clue us in as best as they could based how their storytelling style. I think they told their story the best way they could based on their ideas, desires, format, budget, etc.

(06-27-2017, 09:38 PM)silver Wrote: If by this point, nobody seems to even consider that she went clinically insane, then I just don't know what to say.

It could very well be that she did go clinically insane. Maybe that's even what the writers were going for. However, the knowledge of that doesn't undo the events that took place during that period. The hurt and pain that they both went through doesn't get erased because she recognized afterwards that she did went bat shit crazy. I think the writer's clued us to what was happening at the time when Kenneth made the comment about Juliette 'burning bridges'.

After all that had happened between Juliette and Nick, there was definitely no going back to that relationship. Plus, Nick wanted Juliette but with the grimm life, while Juliette wanted Nick but with a normal life. They didn't want the same kind of relationship even though they had both been trying really hard to make it work. I think they both recognized their mistakes later on. By the end of the show, we see she's moving on with her new life/persona and embracing the her biest differently. However, if the writers had written and ended the story differently, that's where my argument would be going.

(06-27-2017, 10:30 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: She definitely went crazy but it doesn't make her less culpable than everyone for their terrible deeds, including Nick.

True. That's why I always like to point out that they all have blood on their hands.
Even before the hexenbiest showed up, I knew those two wanted different things. They tried to make it work but all that effort meant diddly squat when they weren't communicating their truest feelings to one another. Nick and Juliette existed on two different wavelengths, growing apart instead of meeting together under mutual goals and principles.

(06-28-2017, 11:41 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: They tried to make it work but all that effort meant diddly squat when they weren't communicating their truest feelings to one another. Nick and Juliette existed on two different wavelengths, growing apart instead of meeting together under mutual goals and principles.

That was my own perspective of the two as well, but some others saw it different. For me, starting from Season 1, they were sure going to break up and go separate ways based on how the characters were written and the way their relationship played out.

I never saw juliette proving to be well "Hexenbiest".
She laughed at Nick because did not believe in his love-When returned to take his things-
Got angry with Nick for telling Hank.
Blame them all for what happened to them-in spice shop,the same day-
Happy when she saw Rosalee.
Demanding that Nick chose her, not Adalind.
Furious because she was in hell-she was looking for him, she was never honest or trying to talk-
Angry again-bipòlar maybe

RE: Eve/Juliette - Loona - 06-28-2017

(06-27-2017, 09:28 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 06:44 PM)Loona Wrote: dicappatore, do you really know what you like? That's a serious question! In the other subject a few days ago you write you like her - and now you insist that you hate her, alright but what do you really want to convey us with?

First of all Thank you for asking a real question than just saying I have a different opinion.

I like the actress but I hate the character. I hate what the character does in the plot. Understanding why she did, and what she did is not an excuse it is a reason. To Me, I see you using a reason as an excuse. We are responsible for our own actions. We call it free will. Whatever Nick did to her or did NOT. She was ultimately responsible for her actions. Using her reactions to Nick's behavior Is an excuse. Using the Hex in her is another reason, not another excuse.

For instance. I think Nick did not over-react by walking out, and coming back later and sleeping on the couch, to her divulging her Hex. You probably think he did. So, what? Is that an excuse to Kill his mom? The Neighbors? But then you say, she wasn’t aware on how far Kenneth would go? So, what? She still is guilty. And the fact that after she found out that Nick was still alive, she went back to the house instead of Europe, to finish him off. Do you really think she gave a shit about Ken’s over kill?

I don’t know what she was thinking. I can’t read minds of people around me, let alone of a fictional character? The actress was probably thinking of her next line.

Here is another great example. You can justify her having sex with Sean as not cheating on Nick, they were on a break up. Then a few days later she torches the trailer, calls Nick up and says something about She needs to keep warm since she doesn't have him to keep her warm.

Neither of us are able to read her mind and determine by walking out on him they were on a break up. Her actions. Her lines in the script tell us what she was thinking. She saw Nick protecting Adalind in the station. She is reacting as a jealous woman whom is not on a break up. By not being on a break up, she is cheating on him. So you may ask, so what if she is cheating. It is what bad people do. Nice people don’t cheat

We use what we are given on the screen to make those determinations. Not trying to analyze what they are thinking. If the writers want you to know what they are thinking, they will use flash backs or objects to peek into their thoughts. They have done in this show plenty of times. Again, I am using the script plot. I have my own fantasies on how I would have written her part. But we don’t get that choice.

I had to add this in after I posted it. If you want to see when a script written for you to experience what a character is thinking? Check out the series, “Thirteen Reasons Why” It’s just one season out and I have to warn you. This is based on real world lives. It’s about teenage suicide. Great cry series to watch with your partner.

I didn't say I approve all the action Juliette did at the end of season 4 and that I have already written more then often. But I blame Adalind the same as Juliette - to make it clear. Adalind seems like innocence lamb and Juliette as the nasty Bitc* ! Come on that can't be right - Adalind is the one who transformed Juliette into a Hexenbiest, if she wanted or not. Adalind carries the same guilt as Juliette!

If you want to accept it or not - it does not change the fact!

Or did you forget what Adalind over the whole series? As example Hank or Juliette?

The fact that Wu was involved was not foreseen that he eated his carpet and more things - and that is the only thing what Adalind didn't really want to do.

Come on - she raped Nick, Nick would never sleep with Adalind! Nick would have said NO but she did without his consent! That's make it a sexual assault - if you want to like it or not.

And when it wasn't terrible enough - Adalind had the effrontery to go to Nick and look for shelter. Because of the evil wicked Juliette! Adalind was responsible for this on her own.

And last but not least Nick and Adalind do not match each other - not because they don't look pretty together but because of the past between them. And Kelly don't make it preferably - just because of Kelly there must not be an Nadalind! It feels forced and not right! Friends okay, co-parents for Kelly fine but no Lover! And for me is Adalind the runner-up, as simple as that!

I don't say Nickliette should get back together - but Nadalind is the same as wrong as Nickliette when not even more terrible! And again it's just my opinion.

Hmmm. Very strong feelings. Really passionate.