Grimm Forum
Eve/Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Eve/Juliette (/Thread-Eve-Juliette)

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 09:47 AM)syscrash Wrote: Juliette never said she was Eve. She said they call me Eve. She has always said she remembers everything. As for Wu vs Eve. Wu transforms into a werewolf. Eve is always a hexenbiest. We have seen Miesner does not control Eve. Miesner gives Trubel orders. Not once has he given Eve a command. When Nick got to HW Miesner said he past Eve test. Meisner tough her to control her anger. Then he tough her to be an operative like Trubel. The said the turned her into a weapon. They did the same to Trubel. You saw her brushed after training. Eve knows she is still physically Juliette. But just like they call Teresa Trubel. Juliette goes by Eve. IMO it is a name she choose to represent her starting over. Juliette other then blowing up the car was never out of control. She would give into her anger and react on impulse. After the stick she will now be susceptible to reacting to feeling of anger. On the flip side she will also feel joy. This will allow her to be social. She will now be like Adalind. Pissed either one off they will hurt you.
Liked how you put this together. Hadn't thought about Trubel/Teresa but you had a good point should have thought of that. Trubel said no one calls me Teresa they call me Trubel. Good point.

RE: Eve/Juliette - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-21-2016

(10-20-2016, 08:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 07:54 PM)syscrash Wrote: The difference between Juliette and the three you mentioned. Juliette is a hexenbiest 24/7 the others are not. If Juliette was only a hexenbiest when she woged. Then she would be Juliette possessed. Like Sean was. Nick as a zombie was no longer Nick. Wu is a split personality.

I can see the reasoning behind Adriano's statement that because Juliette is a hexenbiest, it doesn't mean she isn't Juliette just because she acquired a new id and is now called Eve. I asked the question because even though Nick, Wu and Renard are still known as Nick, Wu, and Renard, are they the same people they were before? In answer to that question, I would have to say no. Each of them, just like Juliette, has endured some chemical changes that have affected them.

The only difference with Juliette, is that she was beaten, brainwashed, and I believe magically forced into believing she is Eve. Juliette is now some detached self that resides within her. I do not for one minute believe this was her idea any more than it was her idea to hang with HW. As a side note, I am glad that creep Meisner died because he's to blame for that.

You got my point. Nick, Wu and Sean changed in the show. Nick changed because he became a grimm. He changed because he got new powers or he was influenced by magical/wesen powers (like the zombie effects or like the muse thing). But he was still Nick.
Sean changed because he decided to join Nick and protect himself from the royals and now he joins BC and is fighting Nick. He was affected by the Jack possession. But he was still Sean.
Wu also changed. He found out about wesen. Now he is a like cave-man-wesen. But he is trying to learn how to control this new Wu.
But none of those changes is enough to say that a character is dead and a new character rose from them. Why should I accept this about Juliette?
I am not complaining about the name changing. Trubel or Tereza is still the same person. She is still the same character, only using a different name. Nick went to German with a fake name. The same character using a new (fake) name. What I can’t accept is this all idea that Eve can’t be blamed for what Juliette did because she is Eve and Juliette was Juliette. Juliette and Eve is the same person. Just it.

RE: Eve/Juliette - rpmaluki - 10-21-2016

It's like they use Eve to put a band-aid over Juliette's misdeeds because how can viewers be accepting of her character after what she had done? They couldn't undo the mess they created so they came up with the lame "death" resolution which wasn't even a real death. The writers just kept saying Juliette was deadhoping people would buy it, when she was alive and well but just reconditioned. She's still Juliette who now calls herself Eve because of whatever Meisner did to her.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-21-2016

When Eve tells Nick you think you are talking to Julieete. She is reminding him she is not Juliette she is a hexenbiest. The trying to blame her for what she did would mean you don't understand what a hexenbiest is. Or what a wesen is. Wesen live by a simple rule. Survival of the fitest. We have seen wesen hunt the wesen lower on the food chain because they can. For a wesen piss one off they rip your throat out. Without remorse or regreat. People keep trying to judge them by the rules of being human. They are not human. What they do is learn to coexist with humans. By human standard what Adalind and Juliette did would be reprehesable. But they are not human. They are hexenbiest they survived so all is fare. That is why both Juliette and Adalind keep telling Nick they would hurt him. Where as humans Nick do somthing they would think of the consequence. As hexenbiest they would retaliate in an extreme fashion.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-22-2016

I have noticed there are scenes in season 6 where Eve is injured. I take that as she will be in a number of physical fights. Who is it that she is fighting with that could cause that kind of damage. Will she be fighting with Sean. Adalind cut her lip. Conrad did not lay a hand on her. He used the flying glass. I wonder if her powers are decreasing so she has to be more physical.

RE: Eve/Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 10-26-2016

(10-22-2016, 12:56 AM)syscrash Wrote: I have noticed there are scenes in season 6 where Eve is injured. I take that as she will be in a number of physical fights. Who is it that she is fighting with that could cause that kind of damage. Will she be fighting with Sean. Adalind cut her lip. Conrad did not lay a hand on her. He used the flying glass. I wonder if her powers are decreasing so she has to be more physical.
When she was healed we don't know what that did to the hexenbiest part of Juliette so now she may not go in full force so maybe she hangs back some and let the other party start the fight.

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 10-26-2016

I went back an looked at beast fight. Both woman had scars. What I found is the scars where makeup an not FX created even when a FX woge is shown. Would love to see how they make them bleed through the FX overlay

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 10-26-2016

It could be the fight that can not use its power of telekinesis ,Why could not concentrate.and this because of all the feelings that come back to it

RE: Eve/Juliette - syscrash - 12-25-2016

The show has never given the character motivation for what they do. The only one that bothers me is Juliettes motivation for the Kidnapping. They give use the reason of Kenneth promise of a better life. But so much happened and they made it hard to empathize with Juliette. You could imagine what she was going through. but noting in the show confirmed it.

There is a difference between pre police station Juliette and post police station Juliette. Before the police station Juliette anger was her dealing with being a hexenbiest. While in custody she seemed to comes to grips with it. When she got out of jail the dialog indicates she did not hate Nick. But she was not in a suicidal mood. After the police station during the dialog with Kenneth, Juliette seemed to have an I don't care attitude. Even when she was talking with the King she seemed to not care.

During the entire kidnapping Juliette walked around like she was in a trance. The season ends with her wanting Nick to kill her. She did not even bother trying to stop him. The assumption could be made the Nick and Adalind encounter in the police station was the last straw. Not only did Adalind create the ultimate attack on her by having a child with the man she loved. Nick made it worse by choosing Adalind over Juliette. It would explain her trance like state. It would also explain why she was willing to let Nick kill her. But then Juliette turned the question is why.

Without having any clue what Juliette was feeling. You can't even come up with a reason why she changed from wanting to die to wanting to kill Nick. There are a number of things that could have motivated Juliette's involvement in the kidnapping. She could blame Kelly for bringing Adalind to the house with Diana. She could be mad at Nick for choosing Adalind. She could want to make sure Adalind never gets Diana to get back at her.

Was the show trying to symbolically represent when the last of what was Juliette ended and what was to be the new hexenbiest started. They then added the being shot to emphasize that Juliette is gone. It also provided a reason for the others to spread the idea that Juliette was gone. Because that part was so disconnected. I am thinking they wanted Juliette to have a chance to apologize. They also want to give a preview of Eve. It just seemed like the entire scene was added on after the fact. The way that episode went you could have ended the series with the helicopter scene.

RE: Eve/Juliette - brandon - 12-25-2016

Nick decided to take care of Adalind and his son. That was more important. Doing so made a big difference in life of Adalind. Juliette did not need it to live, but if she had counted on his support. The most important thing is what Nick shows Adalind who did not think well of him for being what he was.( also everything that happened between them) and he did not think well about her either.