Grimm Forum
S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht (/Thread-S5E06-Wesen-Nacht)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - syscrash - 12-12-2015

It looks like they are doing a complete role reversal. Eve will be playing the old Adalind. Someone with power who goes off script causing problems for the others. Adalind will be the old Juliette, rational not wanting to take chances. Always worrying about her child and Nick. Nick and Adalind will have the relation none relation thing. This will be the bases of a lot of Eve's snarky comments. The same snarkyness we saw in the spice shop and when she laughed in Nicks face.

I think they will have Eve respect the fact that Nick protected his unborn child, even if it meant protecting Adalind. I also see Eve thinking ADalind for giving her powers. She will still be mad at Adalind for being a bitch. I could also see Eve letting Adalind know she better not hurt or betray Nick.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - Belle - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 05:15 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
I agree with Droid327, Ugh!
1. If a character dies then bury them and move on.
2. The Grimm brothers wrote stories with a moral. The Juliette moral teaches that if you become powerful then turn against your friends. Use your power to do as much evil as possible. Then you will be rewarded with even more power.
3. The telekinetic power is far fetched even for Grimm. If Kelly couldn't overcome Kenneth and his thugs there is no way Hexenette could have overcome the Red Claw thugs. The writers have failed the believability standard even in Fantasyland.
4. The episode was good up to the point they brought back Juliette. Then it was UGH!
New Guy

You and droid 327 should be consultants for Grimm.
You both touched on everything I was thinking after that episode.
And the collective groan that went up when Juliette popped back up wearing that white wig was almost deafening.
I had a sinking feeling they were bringing her back, but the way they did it was so cheesy it made me queasy.
I was really hoping this season would be amazing so the show wouldn't get cancelled, but it's been like a roller coaster. It starts getting good, then plunges down into ridiculousness complete with painful dialogue and plot holes.
When I saw the preview for the second half of the season and they mentioned the keys and the black forest I immediately thought, "Well this is the last season of Grimm"

I suppose I should be happy it lasted as long as it did.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - jsgrimm45 - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 01:05 PM)syscrash Wrote: It looks like they are doing a complete role reversal. Eve will be playing the old Adalind. Someone with power who goes off script causing problems for the others. Adalind will be the old Juliette, rational not wanting to take chances. Always worrying about her child and Nick. Nick and Adalind will have the relation none relation thing. This will be the bases of a lot of Eve's snarky comments. The same snarkyness we saw in the spice shop and when she laughed in Nicks face.

I think they will have Eve respect the fact that Nick protected his unborn child, even if it meant protecting Adalind. I also see Eve thinking ADalind for giving her powers. She will still be mad at Adalind for being a bitch. I could also see Eve letting Adalind know she better not hurt or betray Nick.
All this could be correct but I see Eve as being just not interested in Adalind or Nick it just is nothing else. I think Nick will have more trouble dealing with it and I think Trubel should tell him quickly what happened that night. But I think Nick will understand as he has had to keep secrets also.

Two things one why is Monroe so important could be that in Portland he has taken up a kind of the pack leader of the Blutbaden, after all he got them to scare the chef not kill him. So if he leads the pack against them problems. Could be he has and in with the council, could be his friend is a Grimm. Don't know but there is something.

How did Meisner know where to send Eve? Did he track Nick phone of did Trubel give him a call that Nick was working the case?

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - grimmfan14 - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 01:27 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 01:05 PM)syscrash Wrote: It looks like they are doing a complete role reversal. Eve will be playing the old Adalind. Someone with power who goes off script causing problems for the others. Adalind will be the old Juliette, rational not wanting to take chances. Always worrying about her child and Nick. Nick and Adalind will have the relation none relation thing. This will be the bases of a lot of Eve's snarky comments. The same snarkyness we saw in the spice shop and when she laughed in Nicks face.

All this could be correct but I see Eve as being just not interested in Adalind or Nick it just is nothing else. I think Nick will have more trouble dealing with it and I think Trubel should tell him quickly what happened that night. But I think Nick will understand as he has had to keep secrets also.

Nick is not going to be able to get over the fact that it looks like Juliette, has Juliette's memories, but not her emotions. He is 10000% going to try and "get through to her." Eve may not care about Adalind/Nick but the writers are FOR SURE going to have Nick eventually "break through" her walls.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - speakeasy - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: I liked it a lot. One of the best Grimm episodes I've seen in a long time. Fast paced and what a great change of pace to see Nick and gang using their intelligence to figure out what's going on and then go after the enemy. Without corruption to impede the story to boot. Totally fun. That is what Grimm should be about, in my opinion.

I do think Trubel knows a lot more than what she's telling, but I'm sure we'll find out more as the series progresses.

Now you mention it, I agree that the gang was working together like in the old days, and that probably is a good deal of what appealed to me. Cause I liked this episode much better than many of the previous ones, including some from Season 4.
The worrying part is why these people are deliberately targeting Monroe; I really do believe it's because of his connection to Nick.

Trubel seemed to assure Adalind that Diana was alright, so she must know something good about that, and about alot more. Although I think she doesn't know everything because she seemed to be quite surprised that Adalind and Meisner had a history, that appeared to throw her, to me. Wonder what, if anything, that means.

(12-12-2015, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: I also think, just from the way things are going that this might be the last season of Grimm and that's why we're finally going to hear about these keys.

Don't want to think about the show ending, but this uprising has all the components of the Royals' dastardly plan for world dominance, and that could wrap up the overarching story. Little nervous about that, fingers crossed, because I'd like to see the show go on in perpituity. Big Grin

(12-12-2015, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: What I would like to see is Juliette fight right alongside with the good guys. If this is the threat to humanity that the series claims, then they'll need everyone's help. A powerful hexenbiest on their side is a real advantage. There's no room for the past. Plus Trubel helped save her. That can't be all bad.

Right, at this time I don't care if she's a super hero or a juggernaut, just as long as she's on our side, regardless of her reason for doing so. I think Nick can rally most of the wesen community in Portland to his cause. I hope the Resistance will join in the fight (they have a real interest in defeating this enemy) and I hope what's left of the Wesen Council enters into the fray. Numbers counts, they need numbers. Maybe Renard can get most of the police department to follow him also, wesen or no, even if the newly elected mayor issues orders to the contrary, because I'm almost certain he's bad.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - Hexenadler - 12-12-2015

I can't help wondering what exactly HW is going to do with Juliette if they're successful in taking down Black Claw. They've beaten her into this Hexenbiest superweapon; they can't just let Juliette run loose, can they?

I think Meisner did something to make sure Juliette doesn't become a problem herself once Black Claw is dealt with, like implanting an explosive pellet in her head he can set off by remote.

(12-12-2015, 05:17 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: I can't help wondering what exactly HW is going to do with Juliette if they're successful in taking down Black Claw. They've beaten her into this Hexenbiest superweapon; they can't just let Juliette run loose, can they?

I think Meisner did something to make sure Juliette doesn't become a problem herself once Black Claw is dealt with, like implanting an explosive pellet in her head he can set off by remote.
You got a point if I was HW I would. Only other thing they (as they do have world wide contacts) have a way to kill the hexen and leave the human.

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - speakeasy - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 12:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: BTW, did anyone notice Renard and the lady producing the political spot seemed to hit it off?

I did and she was cute. I would love to see something develop there. Smile

RE: S5E06 - Wesen Nacht - Scully1987 - 12-13-2015

At first I was a bit surprised (but not really) I had this suspicion that "Juliette" will be back, sooner or later, but I was unsure. I'll be reasonable react against her. (and I've been thinking a long time about it - and only because she was from the start one of my favorites. I'll give her that chance - but only because "Juliette/Eve" protect Nick.) But she has to fight to get my trust back. And of course it will take a time ( when it is ever possible again)