Grimm Forum
S5E04 - Maiden Quest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E04 - Maiden Quest (/Thread-S5E04-Maiden-Quest)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

S5E04 - Maiden Quest - GrimmForum - 11-20-2015

Season 5 Episode 4
Maiden Quest

[Image: MHhsexIl.jpg]

Air Date: November 20, 2015

Synopsis: A wealthy mobster sets three young men on a quest to win his daughter Elena's (guest star Madeline Zima) hand in marriage and earn his fortune. As they work toward accomplishing their task, bodies start to pile up and Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) are on the case. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) and Nick try to adjust to home life but a surprise visitor shakes things up. Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

RE: S5E04 - Maiden Quest - Lou - 11-21-2015

Bonus points: WoW. Nice twist at the end. I was sure it was Frankie's bodyguard. Never for a second did I suspect Emily. Not even at the end. Thought that the rescuer had on a dark business suit. Anyway that explains how the bodyguard was never suspected for all the blood on him. Smile
Meanwhile, Frankie is such a wuss. A couple of attempts on his life, a few Manimals, a sword, and axe and he just falls apart.

Ok, obviously Trubel didn't just escape and magically find "the fortress". I can make a few guesses but none of them make much sense.

Totally hate the Nick & Adalind story line.

What's the point of meeting the mayoral candidate?

I thought maybe we would see Peter and Wendy or the Whatchamacallits. Maybe next week?

This week's quote is from that story where the king sends knights to find out how come the princesses' dancing slippers are getting worn out. but the whole quest to win the hand of the princess is standard fairy tale stuff. Just missing the dragon. And I like the original concept of Grimm with the fairy tales - so i was glad that they returned to that and did a new one, with a twist.

RE: S5E04 - Maiden Quest - Wessenrein - 11-21-2015

Lou, that was the first thing I thought, how did Trubel find the fortress? Also, what happened to Trubel? She looked and sounded like she was dying. My guess is Meisner has that wesen creature with the claw hand we saw at the end of the first or second episode, that is what he was in the cell with, and why Chavez said they/he was playing with fire. Just guessing at all of this but maybe Meisner was testing or training Trubel against this wesen and obviously she failed and maybe he let Trubel go, telling her of Nick's location. Maybe this group has gone through a number of grimms and they have yet to find one tough enough to defend themselves against this unknown wesen and now they want to find out if Nick is the one.

The only thing I could think of is tha somebody has been following or tracking Nick (and/or Adalind) Now that I think about it, Nick was holding that phone and wondering why he had not been called, why they told him to take and keep the phone. Could that be how they're tracking Nick's location?

Yeah, I thought we'd see the kids also, I'm sure we will see them again. Might not be fun for Nick and the gang though, especially RosaLee.

I also was wondering about that Mayoral candidate, what role is he going to play? Plus, could he be wesen?

RE: S5E04 - Maiden Quest - speakeasy - 11-21-2015

This episode was okay; nothing to write home about, but they can't all be Shakespearean plays. It was kind of a marching in place show, but there was a little story advancement in places. Looks like Chavez's cell phone has a tracking device, as has been suggested by other posters. If so, then Meisner does know where Nick lives and perhaps has sent Trubel on a mission for the group, whatever the cuss that is. I'm totally confused about everything so far this season.

Silas has created such a memorable character of Monroe, replete with a Grampa McCoy way of moving, makes me smile every time I see it. And the baby is so beautiful. But not liking the direction the Nick/Adalind relation is taking, it's icky.

I can't recall if the lovable proprietor of the F-Bomb Club got killed or not, hope so, what a scurvy guy.

Well, it's coming up time for us to see the political rise of Renard in Portland. Think the writers are giving him more authority over the town. That's okay with me since I still trust him, but this show is turning me into a cynic!

RE: S5E04 - Maiden Quest - jsgrimm45 - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 05:35 AM)speakeasy Wrote: This episode was okay; nothing to write home about, but they can't all be Shakespearean plays. It was kind of a marching in place show, but there was a little story advancement in places. Looks like Chavez's cell phone has a tracking device, as has been suggested by other posters. If so, then Meisner does know where Nick lives and perhaps has sent Trubel on a mission for the group, whatever the cuss that is. I'm totally confused about everything so far this season.

Silas has created such a memorable character of Monroe, replete with a Grampa McCoy way of moving, makes me smile every time I see it. And the baby is so beautiful. But not liking the direction the Nick/Adalind relation is taking, it's icky.

I can't recall if the lovable proprietor of the F-Bomb Club got killed or not, hope so, what a scurvy guy.

Well, it's coming up time for us to see the political rise of Renard in Portland. Think the writers are giving him more authority over the town. That's okay with me since I still trust him, but this show is turning me into a cynic!
He wasn't killed but did go off his rocker from seeing wesen. I'm starting to wonder about something Elizabeth said about the potion Adalind use to take Nick's Grimm about tieing them together in ways even she may not understand. As long a Nick and her were a part this tie was lite but the now the are so close could it be kicking into full power? Dodgy

RE: S5E04 - Maiden Quest - speakeasy - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 05:35 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I can't recall if the lovable proprietor of the F-Bomb Club got killed or not, hope so, what a scurvy guy.

(11-21-2015, 06:57 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: He wasn't killed but did go off his rocker from see wesen. I'm starting to wonder about something Elizabeth said about the potion Adalind use to take Nick's Grimm about tieing them together in ways even she may not understand. As long a Nick and her were a part this tie was tight but the now the are so close could it be kicking into full power? Dodgy

Perish the thought.

While you're wondering about that, I'm wondering if Diana is in Vienna or Zurich or somewhere else in Europe with the Resistance. I know, that statement belongs on another thread. Big Grin

(11-21-2015, 07:42 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 05:35 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I can't recall if the lovable proprietor of the F-Bomb Club got killed or not, hope so, what a scurvy guy.

(11-21-2015, 06:57 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: He wasn't killed but did go off his rocker from see wesen. I'm starting to wonder about something Elizabeth said about the potion Adalind use to take Nick's Grimm about tieing them together in ways even she may not understand. As long a Nick and her were a part this tie was tight but the now the are so close could it be kicking into full power? Dodgy

Perish the thought.

While you're wondering about that, I'm wondering if Diana is in Vienna or Zurich or somewhere else in Europe with the Resistance. I know, that statement belongs on another thread. Big Grin
I think not the resistance (it they have her) would want some distance between LBB and royals. Just a thought.Big Grin

RE: S5E04 - Maiden Quest - wfmyers1207 - 11-21-2015

I really enjoyed this on. Nice twist with the WoW plotline. Did not see that coming.

I think its pretty obvious Meisner has tracked Nick through Chavez's phone. Which is how Truble knew where to find him.

Also think that the Nick-Adalind thing is disgusting. Could be good that Truble is now back. Little sister can slap down the witch hard! Hate to admit it, but when it comes to relationships most guys are clueless. Women can play us like pianos!Tongue

Note to Nick: God put that big strong door there for a reason! I'd leave it alone if I were you!!Angel

RE: S5E04 - Maiden Quest - Hexenadler - 11-21-2015

Loved the guy who played Frankie. He pulled off the amazing feat of making this thuggish jerk just a little likable. I hope he resurfaces at some point.

Unfortunately, the writers seem dead serious about Nick/Adalind. It's horrible when characters you used to enjoy watching are so completely undermined like this. I've been annoyed with creative choices Greenwalt and Kouf have made in the past with the show, but this is something else entirely. Shame on you both.

My only other option right now (other than to stop watching the series completely) is to hit the "MUTE" button on the TV every time Nick and Adalind are sharing the same scene, but their screentime together is growing, and so is my anger. That's just plain unhealthy.

(11-21-2015, 08:55 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I really enjoyed this on. Nice twist with the WoW plotline. Did not see that coming.

I think its pretty obvious Meisner has tracked Nick through Chavez's phone. Which is how Truble knew where to find him.

Also think that the Nick-Adalind thing is disgusting. Could be good that Truble is now back. Little sister can slap down the witch hard! Hate to admit it, but when it comes to relationships most guys are clueless. Women can play us like pianos!Tongue

Note to Nick: God put that big strong door there for a reason! I'd leave it alone if I were you!!Angel
Like your post (I do get the women thing let me count the waysTongue). Have you thought about what Elizabeth said about the potion Adalind used to take Nick Grimm? That may have been put in place to get us to this point. Idea Could have being with Juliette kept this in check now Juliette gone the what if?