Grimm Forum
why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's (/Thread-why-do-Hexen-appear-unafraid-of-Grimm-s)

Pages: 1 2

why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 08-21-2015

Most wesen appear to be afraid of Grimm's but hexen don't why? When Monroe first met Nick he said Nick was the first Grimm he met, said he heard of them all his life, and he had heard of Kessler. Now he had met Nick earlier as a police officer and Monroe seems to the curious type. Monroe said he was a reformed blutbad and in away he had been talking to talk of reformed now Nick makes him walk the walk. I also think Nick got him involved in life more which I see is one reason their friendship works for both.

Some post steinadler also appear unafraid I think we seen 2 one said he knew Aunt Marie in passing the other a girl woge to prove she wasn't a manticore guess that may be true but as that happen in police custody may not good answer so could go either way.

Read that mellifers often worked with Grimm's giving a Grimm the inside scoop of wesen in the area. The first bauershwein the LT arson officer told Nick there had never been bad blood between bauershwein and Grimm's

Wildesheer want to kill Grimm's for the power so they go hunting them for power so we could add them as being unafraid but we were told they are very rare as to be almost magic in legends.

Eisbiber are afraid question do they have reason or are they just somewhat afraid of most things. I don't see eisbiber's being a big problem in the pasted for Grimm's could be wrong.

Even the siegbarste was taken back when he saw Nick as a Grimm. I could go down the whole list of wesen but by now Big Grin sure you get the point.

Hexenbeist appear unafraid from the start from what I seen they have less power over Grimm's than other, the telekinesis abilities are gone when comes to Grimm's. Looks like they have to go hand to hand with Grimm's not something they like to do as Adalind mother said to Kelly at least.

Note Elizabeth had no problems with the idea of helping a Grimm get his powers back, was this because her son knew him and wanted him to keep helping her son or because she didn't see Grimm's as a threat? I believe at the shop Juliette was controlling the gun not Nick and Nick was fighting the gun and even then when it came to Nick she had to full woge, throwing Monroe and Hank's gun didn't require a woge only Nick.

When comes to hexen a Grimm has two ways to kill either the spirit or the hexen to me this would mean they have more to fear when meeting a Grimm.

I just fine this interesting an wondered if someone noted something I hadn't or had a theory on the question as I didn't.

So idea thoughts?

RE: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-21-2015

I have more questions then answers about that.

What about Genio innocuo?

From http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Genio_Innocuo
Quote:Originally documented in secret by Robert McCormick in his 19th century voyage to the Galápagos Islands, they were seen to be completely unafraid, having never encountered a Grimm before. Unfortunately, the Grimm that encountered them was possibly an Endezeichen Grimm, as McCormick acknowledged they were harmless but killed them anyway. The Genio innocuo were easily slaughtered due to their pacifistic nature. Because of this, they greatly fear Grimms.

Apparently in Galápagos Islands, they didn’t fear Grimm since the have never met one before. If that is true, the past history between grimm and the wesen type must have some influence in the fear the wesen kind has from grimm.

Does it add some idea?

RE: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 12:34 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I have more questions then answers about that.

What about Genio innocuo?

From http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Genio_Innocuo
Quote:Originally documented in secret by Robert McCormick in his 19th century voyage to the Galápagos Islands, they were seen to be completely unafraid, having never encountered a Grimm before. Unfortunately, the Grimm that encountered them was possibly an Endezeichen Grimm, as McCormick acknowledged they were harmless but killed them anyway. The Genio innocuo were easily slaughtered due to their pacifistic nature. Because of this, they greatly fear Grimms.

Apparently in Galápagos Islands, they didn’t fear Grimm since the have never met one before. If that is true, the past history between grimm and the wesen type must have some influence in the fear the wesen kind has from grimm.

Does it add some idea?
I hadn't thought about the Endezeichen Grimm's as being the a factor in the fear of Grimm's would fit. They did go after all wesen. Could the hexen have won some of the fights giving them the feeling they could win. Using their potions to kill or take their powers one could take that a little farther and say that's why they think other wesen owe them. Look at Adalind mother at the shop with Rosalee woging to get a cheaper price. Like you said not an answer but does offer a possible one. Maybe this is were the potion to take Nicks powers came from. Didn't Sean mother say something about the hat and some council of hexen? Can't wait until season four is out on DVD so I can check these things.

RE: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - Hexenadler - 08-21-2015

I get the impression Hexenbiests are much like bratty little girls. They think they're invincible, right until a Grimm lops their head off.

(08-21-2015, 12:50 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: I get the impression Hexenbiests are much like bratty little girls. They think they're invincible, right until a Grimm lops their head off.
I like that had a good chuckle. Thanks

RE: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 12:53 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 12:50 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: I get the impression Hexenbiests are much like bratty little girls. They think they're invincible, right until a Grimm lops their head off.

I see hexanbiest and royals very close to each other because they love power. I see them very arrogant. Maybe that is point noted by Hexenadler. The power they have and proximity with the power: the royals. Make them fill like invincible.

Track this to the past. When the royals used grimm to control the wesen, I see the hexanbiest living in the castle close the king. The Grimm were not used to hunt those living in the castle.

Does it make sense for you both?

(08-21-2015, 01:41 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 12:53 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

I see hexanbiest and royals very close to each other because they love power. I see them very arrogant. Maybe that is point noted by Hexenadler. The power they have and proximity with the power: the royals. Make them fill like invincible.

Track this to the past. When the royals used grimm to control the wesen, I see the hexanbiest living in the castle close the king. The Grimm were not used to hunt those living in the castle.

Does it make sense for you both?
Arrogant and power hungry good outlook on how they act. So this trait causes them to believe they have no equal. What works better then anything I have thought of so far.

RE: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 08-23-2015

Been thinking we know in the crusades the Grimm's worked with the royals at that time maybe they worked with hexen's using potions and such to help control the other wesen. When the Grimm's broke the connection with the royals the hexen didn't as it been pointed out they appear to like power.

After the royals over the century's lost their power base some of the families blame the hexen so in those families the were burn at he stake, but instead of turning them against the royasl they still see themselves getting back to their old power inside all the families.

This is also why at least Sean family still like hexens, because they did work with the Grimm's they see themselves as equals. Just a thought.

RE: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - CoffeeGirl - 10-02-2015

I think it might just be a simple case of 'knowledge is power' hexenbiest are unafraid of Grimm's because of all the knowledge they have in casting spells & making potions. It gives them power that makes them feel invincible so they don't fear anything they feel like they can control any situation turning it to their advantage. This is what makes them so dangerous, and fearless also what makes them so frightening as they are also intelligent. I think it also makes them arrogant as they think they can never be defeated until they run into that one 'Grimm' that proves them wrong.

RE: why do Hexen appear unafraid of Grimm's - Lin S. - 10-03-2015

(08-21-2015, 12:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Most wesen appear to be afraid of Grimm's but hexen don't why? When Monroe first met Nick he said Nick was the first Grimm he met, said he heard of them all his life, and he had heard of Kessler. Now he had met Nick earlier as a police officer and Monroe seems to the curious type. Monroe said he was a reformed blutbad and in away he had been talking to talk of reformed now Nick makes him walk the walk. I also think Nick got him involved in life more which I see is one reason their friendship works for both.

Some post steinadler also appear unafraid I think we seen 2 one said he knew Aunt Marie in passing the other a girl woge to prove she wasn't a manticore guess that may be true but as that happen in police custody may not good answer so could go either way.

Read that mellifers often worked with Grimm's giving a Grimm the inside scoop of wesen in the area. The first bauershwein the LT arson officer told Nick there had never been bad blood between bauershwein and Grimm's

Wildesheer want to kill Grimm's for the power so they go hunting them for power so we could add them as being unafraid but we were told they are very rare as to be almost magic in legends.

Eisbiber are afraid question do they have reason or are they just somewhat afraid of most things. I don't see eisbiber's being a big problem in the pasted for Grimm's could be wrong.

Even the siegbarste was taken back when he saw Nick as a Grimm. I could go down the whole list of wesen but by now Big Grin sure you get the point.

Hexenbeist appear unafraid from the start from what I seen they have less power over Grimm's than other, the telekinesis abilities are gone when comes to Grimm's. Looks like they have to go hand to hand with Grimm's not something they like to do as Adalind mother said to Kelly at least.

Note Elizabeth had no problems with the idea of helping a Grimm get his powers back, was this because her son knew him and wanted him to keep helping her son or because she didn't see Grimm's as a threat? I believe at the shop Juliette was controlling the gun not Nick and Nick was fighting the gun and even then when it came to Nick she had to full woge, throwing Monroe and Hank's gun didn't require a woge only Nick.

When comes to hexen a Grimm has two ways to kill either the spirit or the hexen to me this would mean they have more to fear when meeting a Grimm.

I just fine this interesting an wondered if someone noted something I hadn't or had a theory on the question as I didn't.

So idea thoughts?

I have been noting the relationship between Hexenbiests and Grimm a lot recently also. I think Hexenbiests hide their true feelings, they are deceptive. They may fear Grimm's but are better than most Wesen in hiding that fear from others.

I sort of think a Grimm and a Hexenbiest are much the same thing. When it is you you call it a Grimm. When it is someone else you call it is a Hexenbiest. Like saying I am being realistic when I don't like you, the other guy however is a bitch when he does it.

I think of how many Wesen the Grimm's kill and shrug it off as justified. Aunt Marie, Kelly Burkhardt, even Nick never grieve over their victims any more than Renard or Adalind do.

Just a thought, but I think a Grimm is more bitchy than they realize. At least to Blutbaden, Eisbibers and most other Wesen a Grimm is as frightening or more so than a Hexenbiest is.