Grimm Forum
Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 1 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-1)
+---- Thread: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts (/Thread-Rewatch-1x04-Lonelyhearts)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - pale boy - 06-13-2013

(06-12-2013, 06:08 AM)Lou Wrote: Its intentional. Last week it was a bee. the week before a wolf. Before that it was a zombie.

Wow, I am just completely unobservant these days. Talk about stuff flying over my head, lol. I cringed at myself I read your post! Whoosh.

Another thing about this episode:

It shows that Grimm is willing to have some very creepy stuff happening in the show. Looking back on these episodes reminds me of how dark it all is! And it's funny to see the way Nick is trying to learn the ropes. He's so green in the first season (but that's how it goes). The benefit of having watched all the other episodes really makes me appreciate how far the show has gone.

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - Gretel Hanselsister - 06-14-2013

In my husband's opinion this is the most disgusting episode of all. Isn't he sweet? Heart
I like the "Bramble House", all those beautiful bridges and the waterfall. And I like Monroe saying "I almost buyed him a drink", he's so awesome.
Concerning the gas: what kind of gas does hallucinations like that? It knocks you out and is explosive, too, but absolutely not deadly (the Ziegevolk-guy could not want that). At least a bit strange.

The reaper and his scene with Renard is clearly the highlight of this episode. The reaper had to kneel so the audience gets a first impression of Renard being a royal or at least of a very high rank. I'm sure the Mellifers in the episode before wanted to warn Nick about this reaper. And Nick didn't even see him. Poor Mellifers, all for nothing.

A little german comment: Ziegevolk means goat people, so it fits really good. In natural german you would add a "n" in this combination: Ziegenvolk, but I don't want to be too strict Big Grin . "Ziege" (=goat) you speak like "ts" at the beginning, in "Volk" (=people) the "v" is spoken like "f".

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - Lou - 06-14-2013

I kinda wish the aftermath of this episode would have been addressed or commented on just a little bit at some point in the season. Did the Ziegevolk get away? What did the forensics people make of his DNA, and the DNA of his children? What did the Crime Scene Investigators make of the mysterious gas.
It might even been better for Nick and Hank if he did get away. The defense attorney would have make Nick and Hank's police work look pretty shabby - if not illegal.

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - GrimmForum - 06-14-2013

(06-14-2013, 01:36 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: The reaper and his scene with Renard is clearly the highlight of this episode. The reaper had to kneel so the audience gets a first impression of Renard being a royal or at least of a very high rank. I'm sure the Mellifers in the episode before wanted to warn Nick about this reaper. And Nick didn't even see him. Poor Mellifers, all for nothing.

In hindsight, I didn't really understand why the reaper was kneeling to Renard, but it made much more sense this time around. Clearly, Captain Renard had a much more darker side to him in the earlier episodes. Cutting the ear off was rather grotesque.

One thing that struck out to me about this episode was the amount of CGI they used in the different scenes.

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - syscrash - 04-10-2017

I have watched this episode several times. Even considering what comes after. I am still torn was Sean protecting Nick. or was it strictly the reaper not having Sean permission.

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - wfmyers1207 - 04-10-2017

(04-10-2017, 08:29 AM)syscrash Wrote: I have watched this episode several times. Even considering what comes after. I am still torn was Sean protecting Nick. or was it strictly the reaper not having Sean permission.

IMHO, Renard was just protecting his turf. Considering his history with the Royal's, and his possible uses for Nick, He DID NOT want assassins operating in his territory. Dodgy

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - Kathryn Wooten - 04-10-2017

found the Renard and the reapers scenes very interesting.......to bad we did not see any more reapers after this episode...I would have liked Renard and the reapers to had met again

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - brandon - 04-10-2017

Said Melifer:
With clearly and sweetest end morning call. We're under a side they lost it.
It was conspirancy to get rid of us, not just lawyers.
Two Hexenbiest-?-, closing the knot in stairway at stopping warning you. Something's coming. Something bad. He's coming for you.

RE: Rewatch: 1x04 - Lonelyhearts - Zansy - 04-28-2018

* Poor Faith. What a horrifying way to die.
* Oh hey there, Mr. Reaper.
* I love getting ME reports.
*Hank and Nick getting told “You guys are gonna love this place” about the bed and breakfast.
* “It’s the first sign of our extinction when toads die.”
* Oh Monroe. *sigh* You poor, poor man.
* Good to see Nick and Hank do some police work. And yay for the tracker that doesn’t pay off now, but will later.
* “Hello?” - “Hi, it’s Nick.” - “How did you get my new cell phone?!” - “Are you kidding me? I’m a cop.” - Seriously. He’s stalking that man so badly. I mean, he does have reasons that are somewhat mitigating. But Monroe never knows when he’ll next turn up on his doorstep. Or call him on a cell phone he wasn’t supposed to have the number of...
* “I can pay you.”
* I’m surprised Hank’s so not by the book this week.
* Oh Monroe. These guys really do get their fair share of spells messing with them, don’t they?
* Can we please give Hank credit for the fact that while he’s hallucinating from the gas, he’s still able to make the call that shooting the door wouldn’t be a good idea because the gas would explode?
* Sort of poetic that in the end he gets chased in front of a van after what he did to Faith. Too bad he's still able to work his charms.
* So now that we know how the show ends... how many of Billy’s kids do you think Diana, Kelly and the triplets will have to stop eventually?

[Image: tumblr_p7x10be2wb1xryu9qo1_1280.jpg]