Grimm Forum
Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future (/Thread-Sean-Renard-%E2%80%93-understanding-his-past-foreseeing-his-future)

Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-13-2015

* The information bellow is based on http://grimm.wikia.com/ and some of what I remember. Feel free to correct any information you find out necessary.

It was said grimm is going back to the mythology of first season. I think this can mean more wesen of the week and a little less royals/coins/keys plot in the show.
Another possible way I see the show going is the writers bring back some of the conflicts the show had in the first season. In this case, I wonder what Sean Renard plot will be in season five.

Notably the writers changed the character from season one to season two.
In the season one Renard was the royal at Portland, respected by some wesen as such. He was known by his family and they believed he was working for them researching for Nick’s key. Renard received a visit from one of his cousin in the episode 1X17 asking him about the key.

After season two, Renard became the bastard. The one running from his own family that wanted his dead. This change in the character opened some plot holes that I would like to see how you close them and how those time line will affect Renard character in season five.

Facts about Renard:
- He is very well educated. I would say he was educated as a royal. Who paid for this? Elizabeth, or Frederich?
- According to wiki grimm, Sean has the same last name as Erick, Renard…. This means the king accepted him to have his name, or not?
- I suppose Sean stayed for a good time in Vienna because at least for me looks like he knows his cousins and his brother like they have lived together (Viktor, Anton Krug and Erick). Kenneth is the one that apparently they haven’t met before.
- I still suppose Sean stayed for a good time in Vienna because there he had an affair with Mia Gaudot, another royal.

Considering all this points, Sean is a bastard but apparently he wasn’t threat as one for all of his life. Maybe after the queen death (as said by the king) the family stopped to hunt him… Maybe only his brother Erick was the one who hate him (brother thing). Can this open the way for Diana assume as new queen even as being officially Sean’s daughter. Any ideas?

Now, both Erick and the queen are dead. I think those were the ones who wanted him dead. The king is also dead, which means a new king (or queen) will rise. If we consider that there members in the family that doesn’t hate Sean and this member became the new king, could this open a doors for Sean work again with the family? How would this affect Nick and Sean friendship?

I really see a possible approximation between Sean and his family, manly if Diana became the queen. This would bring back the conflicts fo season 1. If this happen, season 5 will end with Sean and Nick on opposite sides considering the royals. Ideas?

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - jsgrimm45 - 08-13-2015

This thread brings up a lot of good questions about Renard. S1E17 is where Sean kills his cousin and the other man but he did say to the other man a man I known for 20 years is holding a gun on me. This does appear to be in conflict with another statement to Eric about being pulled out of a Swiss school at 13. We know his mother is wealthy she brought him the house. Looks to be that hexen have money on the whole doesn't tell how or why this is true. Look at the Will Adalind mother had if she had paid taxes she would have left Adalind a pretty penny.

We know the Queen is dead (I'm thinking Elizabeth) doesn't look like the King order the hit on Sean but also doesn't look like he tried to stop either. I think in this family anyway it's dog eat dog to get ahead and the king keeps his hands clean and only the most underhanded and meanest makes it.

Keep to the thread does looks like for a time at least Sean and Elizabeth were maybe not house guest but left alone we can guess the Queen found out around Sean's 13th year this changed things. We also know the Sean (likely after the Queen died) lived in Vienna by what Mia Gaudot said about returning we don't have an age for this implied affair but likely early 20 anyway just a guess and I figure without the family knowing. Got this implied by the way she talked abut them but your guess is as good as mine.

If Diana is Eric's or the royals believe she's Eric's good possibly that she may be Queen Sean could be ask back as Regent because of her age. Now this one I'm going to think about for a time gets very complex as to Portland, Nick, resistance, royals Elizabeth I see to many angles and different sides to this coin. Maybe some other posts will give me other insights or at least a starting point.

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-13-2015

(08-13-2015, 01:36 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: This thread brings up a lot of good questions about Renard. S1E17 is where Sean kills his cousin and the other man but he did say to the other man a man I known for 20 years is holding a gun on me. This does appear to be in conflict with another statement to Eric about being pulled out of a Swiss school at 13. We know his mother is wealthy she brought him the house. Looks to be that hexen have money on the whole doesn't tell how or why this is true. Look at the Will Adalind mother had if she had paid taxes she would have left Adalind a pretty penny.

We know the Queen is dead (I'm thinking Elizabeth) doesn't look like the King order the hit on Sean but also doesn't look like he tried to stop either. In think in this family anyway it's dog eat dog to get ahead and the king keeps his hands clean and only the most underhanded and meanest makes it.

Keep to the thread does looks like for a time at least Sean and Elizabeth were maybe not house guest but left alone we can guess the Queen found out around Sean's 13th year this changed things. We also know the Sean (likely after the Queen died) lived in Vienna by what Mia Gaudot said about returning we don't have an age for this implied affair but likely early 20 anyway just a guess and I figure without the family knowing. Got this implied by the way she talked abut them but your guess is as good as mine.

If Diana is Eric's or the royals believe she's Eric's good possibly that she may be Queen Sean could be ask back as Regent because of her age. Now this one I'm going to think about for a time gets very complex as to Portland, Nick, resistance, royals Elizabeth I see to many angles and different sides to this coin. Maybe some other posts will give me other insights or at least a starting point.

As I have written... I think the writers decided to change Sean character in the middle of the way and this left some plot holes opened. One way I see things working more or less is that when the queen found out about Elizabeth and Sean, she started to hunt them. To avoid a scandal, I can see the king unofficially (and under the radar) helping Elizabeth and Sean to go to USA, while officially he supported the queen decision. This would explain Sean education even living far from the family.
It also would explain why Sean doesn’t like the family. His father helped him, but didn’t officially supported neither protected he and his mother. It would also explain why Erick didn’t like Sean: he supported the queen decision and there is the inheritance problem.
Does it add ideas?

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - jsgrimm45 - 08-13-2015

(08-13-2015, 02:05 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 01:36 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: This thread brings up a lot of good questions about Renard. S1E17 is where Sean kills his cousin and the other man but he did say to the other man a man I known for 20 years is holding a gun on me. This does appear to be in conflict with another statement to Eric about being pulled out of a Swiss school at 13. We know his mother is wealthy she brought him the house. Looks to be that hexen have money on the whole doesn't tell how or why this is true. Look at the Will Adalind mother had if she had paid taxes she would have left Adalind a pretty penny.

We know the Queen is dead (I'm thinking Elizabeth) doesn't look like the King order the hit on Sean but also doesn't look like he tried to stop either. In think in this family anyway it's dog eat dog to get ahead and the king keeps his hands clean and only the most underhanded and meanest makes it.

As I have written... I think the writers decided to change Sean character in the middle of the way and this left some plot holes opened. One way I see things working more or less is that when the queen found out about Elizabeth and Sean, she started to hunt them. To avoid a scandal, I can see the king unofficially (and under the radar) helping Elizabeth and Sean to go to USA, while officially he supported the queen decision. This would explain Sean education even living far from the family.
It also would explain why Sean doesn’t like the family. His father helped him, but didn’t officially supported neither protected he and his mother. It would also explain why Erick didn’t like Sean: he supported the queen decision and there is the inheritance problem.
Does it add ideas?
It does add to the idea that the Kings family is dog eat dog and the King allowed Sean to stay in the hunt if he can be the most underhanded and meanest could have away back to Vienna.

You still have me thinking. I'll need the coffee for hair.

The hardest question we can't really answer as we don't know where LBB is. So we have to look a Meisner takes her to the resistance or does he take her to Adalind. I lean toward Adalind so I will take that line to answer this time may come back and take the other line later still thinking how they could work that.

If Meisner take's Diana to Adalind than the royals and the resistance will be tic off. Now the royals will be tied up for sometime leaving the question for the resistance get even with Meisner and Renard or stir up as much trouble as possible for the royals and come back later for LBB question.

This gets around about back to Renard he will know fairly quick about the who is inline for the crown if as I think Diana we how will see him change back to season one thinking if he plays his card right he can be name Regent for Queen Diana. This now brings in Adalind does she want to be queen mother or could she be.

I don't see her as having any rights to be queen mother as not being a royal, this puts her in Sean way how will this play out good question. I also see this scenario being over more than one season as using this track wouldn't see much happening on this in season 5 just the wheel and dealing in the background as Sean will want guarantees on his safety. And a guarantee that he will be Regent.

This will mean he dumps the resistance and likely for the guarantees he wants will trade in the names of the resistance.

Now back to thinking. This should give others ideas or questions.

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-14-2015

(08-13-2015, 05:54 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The hardest question we can't really answer as we don't know where LBB is. So we have to look a Meisner takes her to the resistance or does he take her to Adalind. I lean toward Adalind so I will take that line to answer this time may come back and take the other line later still thinking how they could work that.

If Meisner take's Diana to Adalind than the royals and the resistance will be tic off. Now the royals will be tied up for sometime leaving the question for the resistance get even with Meisner and Renard or stir up as much trouble as possible for the royals and come back later for LBB question.

This gets around about back to Renard he will know fairly quick about the who inline for the crown if as I think Diana we how will see him change back to season one thinking if he plays his card right he can be name Regent for Queen Diana. This now brings in Adalind does she want to be queen mother or could she be.

I don't see her as having any rights to be queen mother as not being a royal, this puts her in Sean way how will this play out good question. I also see this scenario being over more than one season as using this track wouldn't see much happening on this in season 5 just the wheel and dealing in the background as Sean will want guarantees on his safety. And a guarantee that he will be Regent.

This will mean he dumps the resistance and likely for the guarantees he wants will trade in the names of the resistance.

I posted in another thread. We don’t know exactly what happened to Viktor.
Do you think it is possible a deal between Viktor and Sean? Or between Viktor and Meisner?
In both case, the idea was to save Diana and clean Viktors way to the crown.
Sean new Viktor was in town looking for Diana. Sean knew Keneath was the new prince in town. He could have contact Viktor directly or indirectly to know what happened and this could have being the beginning of this deal.
Ideas?

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - wfmyers1207 - 08-14-2015

@adriano. I think your idea is plausible. Double crossing each other doesn't seem to be strange to the Royal's!Tongue

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - jsgrimm45 - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 08:24 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 05:54 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The hardest question we can't really answer as we don't know where LBB is. So we have to look a Meisner takes her to the resistance or does he take her to Adalind. I lean toward Adalind so I will take that line to answer this time may come back and take the other line later still thinking how they could work that.

This gets around about back to Renard he will know fairly quick about the who inline for the crown if as I think Diana we how will see him change back to season one thinking if he plays his card right he can be name Regent for Queen Diana. This now brings in Adalind does she want to be queen mother or could she be.

I posted in another thread. We don’t know exactly what happened to Viktor.
Do you think it is possible a deal between Viktor and Sean? Or between Viktor and Meisner?
In both case, the idea was to save Diana and clean Viktors way to the crown.
Sean new Viktor was in town looking for Diana. Sean knew Keneath was the new prince in town. He could have contact Viktor directly or indirectly to know what happened and this could have being the beginning of this deal.
Ideas?
Hadn't put Viktor in play (Lou posted the actor playing Viktor left the series) so if to be Viktor will have be a new actor. Again we come back to Bill Campbell as it was said Eric was second in line for the crown so Bill could be a royal not an answer just more questions. Likely LBB if she's Eric's could be played as she has the better claim to the crown. Meisner hates the royals so I don't see him taking her to them, which brings us back to Sean.

I could well see Sean being more of a question next season than first thought? What will he do if LBB is in Portland now add his mother we don't know where she might fit in either. How would she vote royal resistance we have so little background on her she looked for a hexen to be ok but she is a hexen thinking about your point on hexen's and power. Correct if Sean is thinking royals then he is likely (if LBB is in Portland) talking to someone about a guarantee of his status.

I'm still thinking about the resistance with Diana. I almost have an idea on how the resistance could work it if they had LBB. In history when a child become king or queen the was a Regent or if the line to the crown was in doubt than also a Regent. Both of these ideas could lead to Sean being appointed as Regent if he played his cards right.

I know more question than answers this thread can lead to so many ideas on the who and how of Sean Renard.

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 08:52 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Hadn't put Viktor in play (Lou posted the actor playing Viktor left the series) so if to be Viktor will have be a new actor. Again we come back to Bill Campbell as it was said Eric was second in line for the crown so Bill could be a royal not an answer just more questions. Likely LBB if she's Eric's could be played as have the better claim to the crown. Meisner hates the royals so I don't see him talking to them, which brings us back to Sean.

I could well see Sean being more of a question next season than first thought? What will he do if LBB is in Portland now add his mother we don't know where she might fit in either. How would she vote royal resistance we have so little background on her she looked for a hexen to be ok but she is a hexen thinking about your point on hexen's and power. Correct if Sean is thinking royals then he is likely (if LBB is in Portland) talking to someone about a guarantee of his status.

I'm still thinking about the resistance with Diana. I almost have an idea on how the resistance could work it if they had LBB. In history when a child become king or queen the was a Regent or if the line to the crown was in doubt than also a Regent. Both of these ideas could lead to Sean being appointed as Regent if he played his cards right.

I know more question than answers this thread can lead to so many ideas on the who and how of Sean Renard.

About Viktor actor, the king Frederick just showed up at the series recently. For long he was just a voice who gives orders. If the writers transform Viktor in the new king, they can do the same.

About Meisner, I know he hates royals. But Sean is a royal and apparently Meisner works well with Sean. What I mean is even Meisner hating the royals, if Viktor offered him the opportunity to kill king and save Diana from the royals with just one shoot, Meisner would not lose this opportunity. The question is if Meisner would trust Viktor enough to accept the deal. If Meisner had the enough guaranties to trust Viktor and the deal, I think he would pass over his hating (against Viktor) to have the opportunity to kill the king, the person he should hate most.

RE: Sean Renard – understanding his past, foreseeing his future - jsgrimm45 - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 09:01 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 08:52 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Hadn't put Viktor in play (Lou posted the actor playing Viktor left the series) so if to be Viktor will have be a new actor. Again we come back to Bill Campbell as it was said Eric was second in line for the crown so Bill could be a royal not an answer just more questions. Likely LBB if she's Eric's could be played as have the better claim to the crown. Meisner hates the royals so I don't see him talking to them, which brings us back to Sean.

About Viktor actor, the king Frederick just showed up at the series recently. For long he was just a voice who gives orders. If the writers transform Viktor in the new king, they can do the same.

About Meisner, I know he hates royals. But Sean is a royal and apparently Meisner works well with Sean. What I mean is even Meisner hating the royals, if Viktor offered him the opportunity to kill king and save Diana from the royals with just one shoot, Meisner would not lose this opportunity. The question is if Meisner would trust Viktor enough to accept the deal. If Meisner had the enough guaranties to trust Viktor and the deal, I think he would pass over his hating (against Viktor) to have the opportunity to kill the king, the person he should hate most.
Good point we heard about the king but never seen him would work for Viktor. Right also the saying the ends justifying the means. Meisner would want the King if Viktor severed him up Meisner would take it and later take care of Viktor.Dodgy

Again as the viewer we have heard Sean say things that he likely wouldn't want Meisner or the resistance to hear. They think he hates the royals but we heard thing that would give pause as to his real plans. But if he was king he might change the families away from wanting their old power back. If we think about how long could they keep it if they got it, the people have overthrown them before so Renard as king might point that out. Dodgy

Good twist. Almost work out what to do if the resistance as LBB.Big Grin