Grimm Forum
Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 1 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-1)
+---- Thread: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears (/Thread-Rewatch-1x02-Bears-Will-Be-Bears)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - GrimmForum - 05-31-2013

Bears Will Be Bears

[Image: u57WThA.jpg]

Episode: 1x02
Air Date: November 4th, 2011
Synopsis: A case of breaking and entering introduces Nick and Hank to a mysterious family whose cultural background blurs the line between right and wrong.

The first night of the Season 1 rewatch continues, with the second episode of Grimm. Did you enjoy this episode?

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - bookofknowledge - 05-31-2013

you'd think that the first time rocky got scratched by the jagerbar the cuts would of been farther apart

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - pale boy - 05-31-2013

I really like it when the show has Wesen culture or traditions clashing with the human values.

Adalind is super dark. Funnily enough, you can see that she's really established as one of the main antagonists of the show rather than Renard. She's absolutely ruthless. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Renard was a bit darker earlier on, although that does turn out to be something of a red herring or a dropped plot. Recently, he has more of a "I'm glad he's working on our side ... maybe" vibe, but in the first season, he was looking really nefarious for a while.

Seeing Marie again reminds me of how much I want to see another Grimm working alongside Nick for at least a little while. Also, Hank was showing off his cultured side this episode! I'd like to see that again.

Speaking of dropped plots, how about those Mellifer, huh? (If you catch it, there's one watching Nick and Juliette when they're at the graveyard.) Those Wesen show up in the next episode though, so maybe that should be for the next episode discussion ...

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - Lou - 05-31-2013

(05-31-2013, 10:15 PM)pale boy Wrote:
Speaking of dropped plots, how about those Mellifer, huh? (If you catch it, there's one watching Nick and Juliette when they're at the graveyard.) Those Wesen show up in the next episode though, so maybe that should be for the next episode discussion ...

I don't think that was a Mellifer. I think that was that birdish Weson, I forget his name, the one in the coins episode, who later on we learn is Marie's boyfriend.

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - the-epic-prince - 05-31-2013

undefined

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - GrimmForum - 06-01-2013

(05-31-2013, 10:15 PM)pale boy Wrote:
Adalind is super dark. Funnily enough, you can see that she's really established as one of the main antagonists of the show rather than Renard. She's absolutely ruthless. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I like this darker Adalind, she's much more ruthless, I sense the evil in her. Renards seems like a much different person too. I remember in Season 1, I was thinking... who is this evil guy, when is Nick going to find out that the Captain is Evil? It shows that we really shouldn't trust him, just yet, even at the end of Season 2.

One thing I have to mention is, they featured Voodoo Donuts!! Wooo, I am beginning to crave some right now. I wonder if I should go get some, lol. Actually, the lines are very long on Friday nights, so nevermind hah.

Back on topic... some other observations:

- Monroe ripping the arm off was pretty cool scene... lol
- The mom transformed into an actual bear, when's the last time a Wesen made a full body Animorphs transformation?
- This episode was all about "ancestors" whether they are Wesen or Grimm. A good way to follow up the pilot.
- Aunt Marie seems to have more enemies than Nick

Lastly, RIP Aunt Marie Sad

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - Lou - 06-01-2013

Quote: Renards seems like a much different person too. I remember in Season 1, I was thinking... who is this evil guy, when is Nick going to find out that the Captain is Evil? It shows that we really shouldn't trust him, just yet, even at the end of Season 2.
Renard has certainly evolved as a character during the last two seasons. It would be interesting to know if that's what the writers had intended from the very beginning.

Quote:- Monroe ripping the arm off was pretty cool scene... lol
Monroe has also evolved a lot since the first two episodes. He seems to have a real nasty side. but maybe it just doesn't appear that much later in the series.

Quote:- The mom transformed into an actual bear, when's the last time a Wesen made a full body Animorphs transformation?
The momma bear is the only time that has happened. Maybe they were thinking that would be cool but they had too much trouble working with live animals. Werewolves (in some worlds) turn in wolves, Vampires (in some worlds) turn into bats.

Quote:- This episode was all about "ancestors" whether they are Wesen or Grimm. A good way to follow up the pilot.
Yes, I liked that theme, too. sort of made the bears a gray area.

Quote:- Aunt Marie seems to have more enemies than Nick

Well, she has been at it longer.

Quote:Lastly, RIP Aunt Marie Sad

Amen

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - Sable677 - 06-02-2013

I liked this episode as well. I loved the Nick and Monroe interactions especially when Monroe kept getting interrupted. Renard did seem much darker in season one than in season two. I have to admit to liking Nick/Renard working for a common goal in season two. I wonder if Renard's character changed from plan since he does seem darker here. I think that guy at the end was Marie's boyfriend.

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - HellJacket - 06-02-2013

I just want to post that I think this is the second worst episode EVER of Grimm. It only loses out to "Of Mouse and Man" for worst episode ever.

I think everything about this episode was lame. In any case, don't let my hatorade influence your enjoyment of this episode. Carry on.

RE: Rewatch: 1x02 - Bears Will Be Bears - GrimmForum - 06-02-2013

(06-02-2013, 07:06 AM)Sable677 Wrote: I have to admit to liking Nick/Renard working for a common goal in season two. I wonder if Renard's character changed from plan since he does seem darker here.

That's a good point. The writers may have changed the direction of the character, because as you said, Renard seems a lot more darker. It makes me not trust him still.