Grimm Forum
Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? (/Thread-Is-Juliette-s-demise-the-kiss-of-death-for-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - irukandji - 06-19-2015

You know, it's really amazing to me how many threads there are on this forum about Juliette. For a character who is so despised, she gets a lot of bandwidth. Last night I visited a few different forums and blogs to see what others thought of Juliette. There were still the die hards who were thrilled she was killed off. On the other hand, there were a lot of comments from people who were pleased with her character change and wanted her to return next season. Not only that, but some of the posters stated that if things weren't better by the first or second episode, they were tuning out of the series forever. That to me is rather telling because they're not the average viewer to begin with or they wouldn't be bothering with a forum or blog.

Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? I think it could be. I don't see the remaining characters or even the new ones as being able to fill the hole her death leaves in the series.

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - Nickster - 06-19-2015

That's your opinion and isn't a fact. I think you're looking for support from other members in your sentiments regarding Juliette Silverton.

I don't feel Grimm will be dead if Juliette is gone. It all boils down to taste, her fans will dislike Grimm if she's gone and those who dislike her, will like Grimm even more. Juliette fans have admitted they solely watch the show for Juliette. Other fans of Grimm don't watch it for her.

Fact will show who makes up the majority of Grimm viewers, Juliette lovers or Juliette haters?

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - jsgrimm45 - 06-19-2015

I agree with Nickster I think this might help make Nick more Grimm and more dangerous. I liked the Juliette character and in end of season 3 and up until the hexenbeist thing thought they had added to her character (being helpful). Like Nickster I didn't watch Grimm for Juliette. Just my opinion sure others will disagree and may have good points which I'll read they might even change my mind.

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - irukandji - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 09:10 AM)Nickster Wrote: That's your opinion and isn't a fact. I think you're looking for support from other members in your sentiments regarding Juliette Silverton.

Well, what I would ask is you refrain from thinking about what I'm trying to get at. Because you're wrong. You also have the option of just staying out of the thread if you don't like it.

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-19-2015

Juliette is for sure a one of a kind character... there is no other character in grimm that can raise a so passionate debate between hatters and lovers as her... All others characters have here in the forum a stable unanimous opinion, as far as I recall.
Some characters, like Nick for exemple, when there are different opinions about him... this is because the disccussion involves Juliette.

Besides that, in my opinion the future of grimm depends on what will happend from now on.... more than what have happend until now. It doens't involve Juliette's death itself, but the consequencies of it.

From my point of view, the writers used this division Juliette haters versus Juliette lovers to create a series of events in the end of the 4th seasson with a clearly objective of changing completely the dynamics of grimm starting in the 5th seasson.

(06-19-2015, 09:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: some of the posters stated that if things weren't better by the first or second episode, they were tuning out of the series forever.

I have a guess about this feeling. Grimm changed since Juliette transformation became a darker and unpredictable show and many grimm fans where unconfortable with this change. As the show writers put all this change over Juliette change... I mean, the way the writers worote, grimm was changed by Juliette... The division hatters and lovers of Juliette became deepes becuase the hatters put in her account the guilt for this change... and the lovers put her as a victim of this change... this is my impression...

Now, the hatters want Juliette punishement... she deserves death... and the lovers want her to be rewarded... as a victim, she must be seeing as a symbol of what grimm was before the show writers chagend it to dark.

But in the end, it is not about Juliette... it is about the tranformation the show went in... Juliette is just a symbol of this change.

For the future, I don't see the writters reverting the changes in last seasson... They are goign deeper in this now.

Just to be clear... more then be right or wrong... this is my perception about this subject... that certanly is incomplete... But I hope this view can helo us to get to a better picture of the subject.

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - irukandji - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 10:29 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: From my point of view, the writers used this division Juliette haters versus Juliette lovers to create a series of events in the end of the 4th seasson with a clearly objective of changing completely the dynamics of grimm starting in the 5th seasson.

This is an interesting comment. It's also a troubling one, if that's what the writers actually did. Do you think this was a good way for them to go? If so, why?

(06-19-2015, 09:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: some of the posters stated that if things weren't better by the first or second episode, they were tuning out of the series forever.

(06-19-2015, 10:29 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I have a guess about this feeling. Grimm changed since Juliette transformation became a darker and unpredictable show and many grimm fans where unconfortable with this change. As the show writers put all this change over Juliette change... I mean, the way the writers worote, grimm was changed by Juliette... The division hatters and lovers of Juliette became deepes becuase the hatters put in her account the guilt for this change... and the lovers put her as a victim of this change... this is my impression...

But in the end, it is not about Juliette... it is about the tranformation the show went in... Juliette is just a symbol of this change.

For the future, I don't see the writters reverting the changes in last seasson... They are goign deeper in this now.

I think all of the characters changed in one way or another. Season 4 was a dark season. It wouldn't have been that way if Juliette was the only one who changed, in my opinion.

I've been looking over Grimm's ratings just to get an idea of how the audience perceived season 4. The highest rated episode occurred with the very first episode of season 4. No other episode, even Juliette's death, rated higher. With all of the Juliette haters out there, I would have thought the finale would not only score highest of the season, but skyrocketed the ratings over any previous season. It didn't and in fact, among the 18-49 crowd, didn't make much of an impact at all

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 12:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: This is an interesting comment. It's also a troubling one, if that's what the writers actually did. Do you think this was a good way for them to go? If so, why?

No.

(06-19-2015, 12:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think all of the characters changed in one way or another. Season 4 was a dark season. It wouldn't have been that way if Juliette was the only one who changed, in my opinion.

That is why I think the writters played with the division between Juliette haters and Juliette supports. In the end of the season all characteres changed, as you said... But Juliette is the one who we disccuss about... if she deserves to die or not... if she would kill Nick or not....

Her actions are debated more than any other character...

Sean, for exemple, killed inocent women, but this is not a reason for debates.

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - syscrash - 06-19-2015

I have to agree the death of Juliette has made more comments than any other event. Only ADalind and her pregnancy has lead to as many comments.
The problem I see is.
The show will have to give a reason for why Juliette had to die rather than have her problems solved like every other character and wesen on the show.

Exchange Adalind for Juliette in Nick's life that is one action that could really kill the show. Of the comments they seem to want this for the sake of the kids. Problem Juliette had compassion. Adalind only has desire, The same shown by Juliette when she became a hexenbiest. Unless they change Nick to be more like Sean or Hank the Adalind and Nick will not work. Also I don't not see the show having a family situation with kids. I can not even see Monroe and Rosalee being a family with kids. I do not even see Monroe and Rosalee marriage lasting through season 5. Having two women fighting over a man that works. Having Nicks enemy replace his dearly departed would make Nick disrespect Juliette memory.

Unless the show is going to make Nick a tortured soul to explain why he is now all uber Grimm. Kelly and Juliette deaths make no sense.
There are many ways to have written Kelly off the show. Juliette could have simply got on the helicopter.

But the show insisted on making both character contribute to Nick mental state. This could only mean a much darker Nick. Meaning Adalind and kids in his life, would make for a tense situation.

Remember ADalind and the two kids are half hexenbiest. The show has gone to great length to point out that Grimm's and Hexenbiest can not be together. Regardless of how we see it as a non logical claim. The show has made that point really clear.

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - jsgrimm45 - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 01:20 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 12:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: This is an interesting comment. It's also a troubling one, if that's what the writers actually did. Do you think this was a good way for them to go? If so, why?

No.

(06-19-2015, 12:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think all of the characters changed in one way or another. Season 4 was a dark season. It wouldn't have been that way if Juliette was the only one who changed, in my opinion.

That is why I think the writters played with the division between Juliette haters and Juliette supports. In the end of the season all characteres changed, as you said... But Juliette is the one who we disccuss about... if she deserves to die or not... if she would kill Nick or not....

Her actions are debated more than any other character...

Sean, for exemple, killed inocent women, but this is not a reason for debates.
Great point.

RE: Is Juliette's demise the kiss of death for Grimm? - Hexenadler - 06-19-2015

I'm sure the writers felt killing Juliette was innovative and ballsy, but really, it's just another variation on the "Women in Refridgerators" trope. I've talked to another fan who felt allowing Juliette to redeem herself would have been trite, but THIS outcome wasn't any less trite.

Juliette's conflict in this season had the potential to be taken to some interesting places, and instead (IMO) they opted for a very obvious, and very dreary direction.