Grimm Forum
Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed (/Thread-Nick-the-new-type-of-Grimm-and-why-it-s-needed)

Pages: 1 2

Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed - jsgrimm45 - 06-17-2015

We see wesen in Portland most say he is the first Grimm they have seen even Monroe said Nick was the first he seen. Bud's friends did even think Grimm's were real.

So have Grimm's always been a small group or are they on the decline? If on the decline the Grimm's need to model Nick find wesen that you can work with and help keep the (bad) wesen under control, the council doesn't have much of a police force so to speak. Does this make Nick the new model for Grimm's?

Why are the Grimm's needed even in season 3 when Renard says he has a Grimm that shocks (look that way to me) the resistance why were they impressed? He said by being royal, understanding wesen, and I have a Grimm (may be speaking out of turn) that brings the resistance together or it look like it why?

Grimm have powers but I need some input on how one Grimm can change things?

RE: Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed - izzy - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 06:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Grimm have powers but I need some input on how one Grimm can change things?

I think what you are missing is, outside of Nick it seems all Grimms pretty much kill every Wesen they encounter. He seems to be showing Truble there is another way but even the benign Ice Beaver Bud was worried Nick would kill him when they first met and so was Rosalee(and apparently the only power a Fuchsbau has is overall cuteness) Apparently Grimms are not known for their tolerance. So having a Grimm around, invariably means a lot of heads will roll, and all you have to do is expose a Wesen. So in theory all Renard would have to do is reveal a Wesen to Nick and they were as good as dead. But Nick rather spoiled the stereotype with his adopt a pet of the week attitude.

RE: Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-17-2015

In the show there are a lot of more wesen then grimm. That is clear. Just that in Portland there is only Nick for I lost account on how many wesen there are there. Even in the show as a total.

But the point of the wesen saying they have never meet a Grimm can be seeing in another way. But Nicks books, feel wesen that met a Grimm before survived to tell the history to anyone else. That means that a wesen to be alive is because he never faced a Grimm before.

RE: Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed - irukandji - 06-18-2015

(06-17-2015, 06:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: So have Grimm's always been a small group or are they on the decline? If on the decline the Grimm's need to model Nick find wesen that you can work with and help keep the (bad) wesen under control, the council doesn't have much of a police force so to speak. Does this make Nick the new model for Grimm's?

I posed the question about the Grimms being on the verge of extinction in another thread. When I asked the question, I was thinking extinction along the same lines as the sabertooth or mammoth. I don't think it's natural extinction but instead it's the result of human intervention. Grimms could certainly go insane or criminally insane without the support of another Grimm. In that case they are out of the system. They might have the support, like Nick did with his aunt, but deliberately choose not to pursue wesen. They're also out of the system. Grimms could change the odds by marrying humans. It stands to reason that the Grimmness would eventually be bred out of them.

I don't really see Nick as some innovative new Grimm. I think being a Grimm has in fact diminished some of his good qualities. Is there a need for him? I tend to doubt it. The Portland law enforcement department seemed to be successful before he changed. It's likely they would remain so. They just wouldn't have any idea they were handling wesen.

RE: Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 06:29 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 06:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: So have Grimm's always been a small group or are they on the decline? If on the decline the Grimm's need to model Nick find wesen that you can work with and help keep the (bad) wesen under control, the council doesn't have much of a police force so to speak. Does this make Nick the new model for Grimm's?

I posed the question about the Grimms being on the verge of extinction in another thread. When I asked the question, I was thinking extinction along the same lines as the sabertooth or mammoth. I don't think it's natural extinction but instead it's the result of human intervention. Grimms could certainly go insane or criminally insane without the support of another Grimm. In that case they are out of the system. They might have the support, like Nick did with his aunt, but deliberately choose not to pursue wesen. They're also out of the system. Grimms could change the odds by marrying humans. It stands to reason that the Grimmness would eventually be bred out of them.

I don't really see Nick as some innovative new Grimm. I think being a Grimm has in fact diminished some of his good qualities. Is there a need for him? I tend to doubt it. The Portland law enforcement department seemed to be successful before he changed. It's likely they would remain so. They just wouldn't have any idea they were handling wesen.

Very good points. If we think about Kelly, for example, working alone... She is out of the law and certainly she committed many deaths of wesen that were being investigated by many polices in the places she was. She was just kind of safe because officially she was already dead.
In this sense grimm working alone doesn't live enough... Or because get killed or in Prussian, like almost happened to Trubel if Nick wasn't the one investigating her supposed crimes. Many grimm ended up working for someone, like Chavez group. Maybe Trubel wouldn't be the first grimm hired by her. I just guessing here.

We ended up with the emotional support. Even Nick with his friends will have bad times next season do deal with all that happened last season. Imagine an alone grimm like Kelly was...

(06-18-2015, 07:05 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Very good points. If we think about Kelly, for example, working alone... She is out of the law and certainly she committed many deaths of wesen that were being investigated by many polices in the places she was. She was just kind of safe because officially she was already dead.

In this sense grimm working alone doesn't live enough... Or because get killed or in Prussian, like almost happened to Trubel if Nick wasn't the one investigating her supposed crimes. Many grimm ended up working for someone, like Chavez group. Maybe Trubel wouldn't be the first grimm hired by her. I just guessing here.

We ended up with the emotional support. Even Nick with his friends will have bad times next season do deal with all that happened last season. Imagine an alone grimm like Kelly was...

This is a very good point. As a Grimm she would have been alone, but I wonder, was she alone otherwise? Assuming she was not independently wealthy, would Kelly have held down a career in addition to being a Grimm? If so, then maybe she might have had support just like Nick.

RE: Nick the new type of Grimm and why it's needed - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 08:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 07:05 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Very good points. If we think about Kelly, for example, working alone... She is out of the law and certainly she committed many deaths of wesen that were being investigated by many polices in the places she was. She was just kind of safe because officially she was already dead.

This is a very good point. As a Grimm she would have been alone, but I wonder, was she alone otherwise? Assuming she was not independently wealthy, would Kelly have held down a career in addition to being a Grimm? If so, then maybe she might have had support just like Nick.

Kelly was hired by the resistence to protect and hide Adelaind. I would bet the Kelly's job was some kind of mercenary (maybe this is not the best word... but I couldn't imagine a better one)... What I mean is that maybe she worked as hired grimm soldier when necessary.... by who knows would need that. If we have Chavez in America hiring grimm's, maybe there are similar groups in Europe, not necessarilly as oicial as Chavez (I mean someone inside the FBI)...

But it is possible that Kelly was member of a bigger group. Well, this raises a new question.... Is there a group of grimm\soldiers\mercenaries\suportters around the wourld? If there is such an international clandestine organization, is Chavez meber of this group and that is the reasson she searched for Trubeled?

Think about it, almost all wesens (at least the civiling ones, as a way the make a separation between normal wesens and the verrats, the council, the Chavez, etc...) are afraid of grimms.... Chavez aparrently were very used to them... she didn't treat Trubel as an enemy... but as a potencial new "talent" as a way to speeak. This raises a new question. Aparently in Porland is not commom grimms working with wesens... But taking Chavez (trying to hire Trubel) and Kelly (working with the resistence, where many are wesens) in the, last call, military field (again, just make a distinction between normal wesens and the verrats, the council, the Chavez, etc...) this is not so uncommom...

Any new ideas from this?

Kelly was hired to protect Adalind?

(06-18-2015, 09:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: Kelly was hired to protect Adalind?

Actually Adelaind and her baby... to take them from Europe, evading from the royals... At the time, Kelly was going to Brazil but ended up at Nick's house...

Maybe I used the worng word, but my point is that Kelly was hired by the resistence to take Adelaind out of Europe...

(06-18-2015, 09:17 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 09:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: Kelly was hired to protect Adalind?

Actually Adelaind and her baby... to take them from Europe, evading from the royals... At the time, Kelly was going to Brazil but ended up at Nick's house...

So then she didn't actually do the job she was hired for. If I remember correctly, Meisner was the one who got her out of Europe.