Grimm Forum
what If monroe & rosalee had a child - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: what If monroe & rosalee had a child (/Thread-what-If-monroe-rosalee-had-a-child)

Pages: 1 2 3

what If monroe & rosalee had a child - Sandy Flinch - 05-22-2013

i wonder what it would be, a hibrid, a blublud with red fur, what do u guys think?

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - Lou - 05-23-2013

That's a good question. The show has not really revealed that much "biology" on the show. And also it brings up the question "Are Wesen magical creatures?" If they are, then i think whatever we know about biology can be thrown out the window. I guess also we might wonder, how magical are they, if they are just a little magical - then maybe we can still use standard biology to make guesses.
So the first thing we have to figure out is if they are the same species, closely related species, or entirely different species. this is especially tough because there have been things said in the show that not only can used as evidence for any of these three possibilities but perhaps all these possibilities can be true at the same time. Normally, different species can not have offspring. However the existence of Mules and Ligers shows that it's possible to have exceptions . and also, the amount of variation within a species can be huge. almost all the dog varieties are the same species.
We do know that different kind of wesen have hooked up before. But the only known offspring we know about is Capt Renard.
His parents were a Hexenbiest and a Royal. I'm not even sure if Royals are Wesen - or if they have any special traits - and if the captain has any of those. But just going by appearances Renard seems to be Hexenbiest.
The other piece of evidence is that we have, is that we have yet to be introduced to a mutt. So my best guess is that they can't have children but if they can it would either be like a mule (and infertile) or it would be just one or the other.
Oh, I guess i didn't really help there at all. Smile

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - aguraakemi - 05-24-2013

(05-23-2013, 06:50 AM)Lou Wrote: That's a good question. The show has not really revealed that much "biology" on the show. And also it brings up the question "Are Wesen magical creatures?" If they are, then i think whatever we know about biology can be thrown out the window. I guess also we might wonder, how magical are they, if they are just a little magical - then maybe we can still use standard biology to make guesses.
So the first thing we have to figure out is if they are the same species, closely related species, or entirely different species. this is especially tough because there have been things said in the show that not only can used as evidence for any of these three possibilities but perhaps all these possibilities can be true at the same time. Normally, different species can not have offspring. However the existence of Mules and Ligers shows that it's possible to have exceptions . and also, the amount of variation within a species can be huge. almost all the dog varieties are the same species.
We do know that different kind of wesen have hooked up before. But the only known offspring we know about is Capt Renard.
His parents were a Hexenbiest and a Royal. I'm not even sure if Royals are Wesen - or if they have any special traits - and if the captain has any of those. But just going by appearances Renard seems to be Hexenbiest.
The other piece of evidence is that we have, is that we have yet to be introduced to a mutt. So my best guess is that they can't have children but if they can it would either be like a mule (and infertile) or it would be just one or the other.
Oh, I guess i didn't really help there at all. Smile

I think that with all of the books Rosalee has for anatomy and physiology of Wesens, there could be great potential in bringing hybrids into the story. The writers could be thinking something about it , I mean, you know, with all of the romance happening. They will anticipate questions like this. But I don't think that Monroe and Rosalee will be having a baby soon.

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - HellJacket - 05-24-2013

(05-24-2013, 02:24 PM)aguraakemi Wrote: But I don't think that Monroe and Rosalee will be having a baby soon.
Yeah, I don't see Grimm jumping the shark until at least season 4.

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - GrimminFlorida1 - 05-24-2013

Really hope to see Monroe and Rosalee get married and start a family during the next couple season's. Monroe will make a great dad. Can't wait til he has the bluebud talk with his son or daughter.

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - pale boy - 05-25-2013

Maybe they'll go the Elder Scrolls route and say that all Wesen resemble the mother in biology. That'd make things infinitely easier. Not to mention it would explain Renard.

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - GrimminFlorida1 - 05-25-2013

(05-25-2013, 01:09 AM)pale boy Wrote: Maybe they'll go the Elder Scrolls route and say that all Wesen resemble the mother in biology. That'd make things infinitely easier. Not to mention it would explain Renard.

That is cold turkey bro. Wonder why he can't get plastic surgery to remove the wort on his face? There has to be wesen doctors out there.

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - FräuleinWunderlich - 05-30-2013

sorry for off topic

but

Do you have noticed that all hexen/zauberbiests has got sewn up eyes? I asked my self again and again why.

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - Lou - 05-30-2013

I think I read somewhere that Hexenbiests have NO eyes. or eyeballs.
My best guess is that they are supposed to resemble rotted out corpses and that corpses don't have eyes. But then that's not much of an answer cause it begs the question: why do they look like rotted out corpses.

RE: what If monroe & rosalee had a child - HellJacket - 05-30-2013

(05-30-2013, 04:49 PM)Lou Wrote: But then that's not much of an answer cause it begs the question: why do they look like rotted out corpses.
On the day when each wessen got to choose what animal they would resemble, the Hexenbiests picked last. A rotting corpse was the only thing still left on the table.