Grimm Forum
A Grimm spin-off series about Nick's kid? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: A Grimm spin-off series about Nick's kid? (/Thread-A-Grimm-spin-off-series-about-Nick-s-kid)

A Grimm spin-off series about Nick's kid? - ronin - 05-21-2015

Hi, I'm new here.

I was wondering if Grimm will have a spin-off series someday? I would love to see Nick's kid being the main protagonist.

When Nick's kid is born in season 5, I would hope to see him grown at like 20s and following in his father's footsteps and have his own "Scooby Gang".

What do you think?

What I'll see is something "Devil May Cry-like".

RE: A Grimm spin-off series about Nick's kid? - Lou - 05-21-2015

Lets see....
Nick has a son, lets call him Joe (after Nick's dad{?}).
Adalind's powers never come back
Nick is killed in the Black Forest looking for the vault the keys open in 2023.
Joe is raised by Adalind, but she is just scraping by in Portland, shunned by the wesson community and it turns out she is not a very good lawyer either.
Aladdin hoping he never becomes a Grimm shelters him from all wesson knowledge.
in 2023, Adalind is killed by a disgruntled Blutbad, after she can't get his brothers out on bail.
Joe, although handsome and smart does poorly in school. and is border line JD.
We find him in 2035, working as a "bucker" for a small family owned logging operation (see "Sometimes A Great Notion"). However, when a logging accident occurs he discovers not only is he a Grimm, but that the guys he works with are all Eisenbeibers. The Eisenbibebers are friendly and start teaching him about Weson. Eventually he meets Uncle Monroe, Aunt Rosalee, and finally Aunt Teresa.

Meanwhile in Austria, Diana has been raised by The Resistance. At 21, she is beautiful, smart and immensely powerful. However, she has never really had a family, and has spent her formative years, hiding her powers and her true identity, traveling around and never making friends or any kind of close relationships. In some ways she is barely human. After a close call with the Royals, her "cell" is destroyed. She is cast adrift with only one cryptic message. A message from her real father telling her if she is ever in trouble to come find him in Portland.

To be continued....

RE: A Grimm spin-off series about Nick's kid? - ronin - 05-21-2015

Here is mine!

It takes place after the events of the Grimm series, when they solved the keys and defeated the Royals... but some remained in hiding.

Nick and Adalind's child was born during that time. Since Diana was named after the Roman goddess of the sun, they named him William after one of the Brothers Grimm. But also another name as one who represents the sun... the light.... Helios (or Apollo).

Growing like his sister, Nick spends as much time with him and preparing him for the day he'll take his place.

His life as a Grimm hybrid will be almost at his 20s (18 years old).

RE: A Grimm spin-off series about Nick's kid? - Wessenrein - 06-03-2015

spin offs certainly seem to be the trendy thing for TV these days, You've got half a dozen shows with a spin off in the works, Walking Dead will get on called Fear the Walking Dead, Criminal Minds will have another after the Vegas one flopped, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Better call Saul is a spin off from Breaking Bad, Girl meets World is a spin off from the older show Boy meets World, CSI and Law & Order have had multiple spin offs, even Supernatural is considering a spin off, I read they had an idea but scrapped it because they felt it wasn't good enough, but they're still considering a spin off. Even Arrow could be a spin off of Smallville, as well as, Super Girl, though they are their own characters as well.

So, I could see a spin off of Grimm, lots of Wesen and Grimm to continue the show. It would certainly involve Diana and Nick's son, possibly a child from Monroe and RosaLee, if that comes about on the current show, which I bet it does. Even Trubel could be on it, she's young enough. I doubt that any originals would be on it, at least nothing more than cameos from time to time.

RE: A Grimm spin-off series about Nick's kid? - Wessenrein - 06-04-2015

I could easily see a spin off where Diana is the antagonist. She's a Hexxenbeist with a lot of power, she's the obvious bad girl. Might have help from Elizabeth, Renard, and, of course, Adalind assuming any or all survive the original show. Though I still think those characters would be on more of a cameo basis and a new, likely younger cast would be put in place.

Nick's son, Diana's half brother, would be the protagonist, he's the obvious good guy, likely a Grimm. He could have help from Monroe and RosaLee, again, more likely a cameo thing from time to time and again, assuming they survive the original show. Trubel could be a mentor Grimm, I would say Nick, as well, but I'm not sure he's going to survive when the show finally ends? Usually it would be the main hero surviving and saving the day, but I think Grimm is going to turn out different, Nick may save the day but I think he gets reunited with Juliette, his mother Kelly, and Aunt Marie in the afterlife.

However, IF Trubel were in a spin off as a mentor to Nick's son, I think her character would have to evolve, as in, learning to be more calm, cool, and level headed more than she currently is, not that she needs to lose all of the aggressive attitude, just learn when to unleash it and when to hold back, which, I think she will do just that if her character becomes a regular.

I don't think Hank and Wu would be part of a spin off, by then, they'd likely be retired cops. Also, might not have any original characters in the spin off cause it may very well not even take place in Portland.