Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-14-2017

(10-13-2017, 11:56 PM)silver Wrote: I think Diana may have powers beyond most, even as a baby - but she's still a baby and I think she remembers the people but not have much understanding if any, of circumstances. That's why she was protective - it as a primal reflex, just as having maybe only visual remembrance and atmosphere surrounding individuals like Meisner and Kelly/Nick's mom.

Even though Diana's forming skulls all over the place, that too could be just a reflex of her ability to sense what the future may bring - makes me wonder about what that Frau Pesch lotion was supposed to do besides soften the skin.

You know there were a lot of so called knowing comments when Diana told Eve that Kelly was her other mother. Comments along the line of 'what would Diana do if she knew Juliette betrayed Kelly'? Yet Diana would have known much more than that about Nick and the scoobies and none of it would have been good. Who would have told her Kelly was her other mother? If Kelly did, what lie did she manufacture about Adalind to get Diana to believe her? If not, then did Diana let her die because she kidnapped her from Adalind?

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 06:45 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 11:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: It seems very strange that Diana would remember Kelly, and refer to her as her other mother (paraphrasing). That being the case, then it would be logical that she would also remember being kidnapped from Adalind. Why would she be so tolerant of Kelly, Nick and the scoobies for doing such a terrible thing?
Don't get this wrong as I'm not bragging just pointing out something. When my eldest daughter was a baby, for some reason her mother could not get to to take a nap with large groups of around, but I could hold her and she go to sleep. Her younger sister could sleep anywhere at anytime.

I see the same thing here with Diana and Kelly, Diana felt safer with Kelly than she did Adalind. Diana may not understand what is going on but she does understand danger. We go to the crying at Monroe's house and the clocks what happens when Kelly shows up she stops, sensing she is now safe. The locket is also another clue to this.

Here is another great reason why Diana trusted the other mom, Kelly. Because she did in the show. Because it’s scripted she did. No need for analysis or opinions if she trusted her. That’s like debating if Nick was a Grimm or not, Monroe was a Blutbod or not. Did Juliette become a Hex or NOT! Just my OBVIOUS” two cent!

(10-13-2017, 11:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: It seems very strange that Diana would remember Kelly, and refer to her as her other mother (paraphrasing). That being the case, then it would be logical that she would also remember being kidnapped from Adalind. Why would she be so tolerant of Kelly, Nick and the scoobies for doing such a terrible thing?
Don't get this wrong as I'm not bragging just pointing out something. When my eldest daughter was a baby, for some reason her mother could not get to to take a nap with large groups of around, but I could hold her and she go to sleep. Her younger sister could sleep anywhere at anytime.

I see the same thing here with Diana and Kelly, Diana felt safer with Kelly than she did Adalind. Diana may not understand what is going on but she does understand danger. We go to the crying at Monroe's house and the clocks what happens when Kelly shows up she stops, sensing she is now safe. The locket is also another clue to this.

Yet she let her die, js.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 07:00 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Yet she let her die, js.
As we didn't see what happen could have been anything, IMO Kelly seen she was outnumbered and put Diana first and left with Kenneth willingly as not to put Diana in danger.

(10-14-2017, 07:08 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Yet she let her die, js.
As we didn't see what happen could have been anything, IMO Kelly seen she was outnumbered and put Diana first and left with Kenneth willingly as not to put Diana in danger.

So you think then that Adalind never told Diana the truth about the kidnapping?

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 07:12 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Yet she let her die, js.

Myself I don't see a reason to just as I don't see a reason to tell Kelly how he got here.

Well, we see things differently, js. If my children had been parted from me for a lengthy period of time and forced to accept another as their other mother, I would have to explain to them what happened. Children are entitled to know, otherwise they end up wondering their whole life what they did wrong to get separated from their bond mother.

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 07:32 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 07:12 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 06:45 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Don't get this wrong as I'm not bragging just pointing out something. When my eldest daughter was a baby, for some reason her mother could not get to to take a nap with large groups of around, but I could hold her and she go to sleep. Her younger sister could sleep anywhere at anytime.

Yet she let her die, js.

Myself I don't see a reason to just as I don't see a reason to tell Kelly how he got here.

I say, "The truth shall set you free". Spill all the beans to these kids. The whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Not just the selected truths that some posters keep repeating. Not just the selected part of the kidnapping.

Everything, including “WHY” she was taken away from her birth mom. Adalind trying to sell her, The Royals kidnapping her first. How and WHY they were conceived. How and Why Kelly (mom) was killed. The whole Kit-and-caboodle! I dare you to agree!

I am confident, a grown Diana brought up under the proper environment, (The Nadalind Fome), she would seek justice. Maybe not to my (biased) extent (at least I admit it) but to her sense of fairness. Maybe, even toss her natural father, Sean, around a bit.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 10-15-2017

(10-14-2017, 07:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: So you think then that Adalind never told Diana the truth about the kidnapping?
Adalind was in denial about Diana’s kidnapping. To acknowledge the truth would compromise her relationship with Nick. Adalind openly blamed Renard for ‘giving their daughter away’ but turned a blind eye to those who took her.

(10-14-2017, 06:45 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I see the same thing here with Diana and Kelly, Diana felt safer with Kelly than she did Adalind. Diana may not understand what is going on but she does understand danger. We go to the crying at Monroe's house and the clocks what happens when Kelly shows up she stops, sensing she is now safe. The locket is also another clue to this.
Diana was always more of a prop than a character, which makes analyzing anything she did or didn’t do difficult. There isn’t any concrete evidence that Diana had reason to feel safer with Kelly. She killed while in utero and projected her image in the forest when only a couple days old. Diana didn’t require protection. At best, Diana required a mode of transportation - she wasn’t shown as able to physically move herself from one location to another. The locket - just as the Royals mysteriously disappeared after S4 so did the locket after S3. Diana’s reaction to the locket really doesn’t matter if we have no idea whether she was drawn to something of deeper meaning or simply a shiny object.

(10-14-2017, 09:03 AM)dicappatore Wrote: I say, "The truth shall set you free". Spill all the beans to these kids. The whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Not just the selected truths that some posters keep repeating. Not just the selected part of the kidnapping.

Everything, including “WHY” she was taken away from her birth mom. Adalind trying to sell her, The Royals kidnapping her first. How and WHY they were conceived. How and Why Kelly (mom) was killed. The whole Kit-and-caboodle! I dare you to agree!

I am confident, a grown Diana brought up under the proper environment, (The Nadalind Fome), she would seek justice. Maybe not to my (biased) extent (at least I admit it) but to her sense of fairness. Maybe, even toss her natural father, Sean, around a bit
I agree, this is equally bias. There was never any indication that Diana was taken because of Adalind’s original intentions. Kelly wanted Diana for the same reason as everyone else, except Adalind - her potentially immense powers. Diana would have no more reason to toss Renard around than she would Nick and his gang of kidnappers. There also wasn’t any indication that the Royals intended to harm Diana. They only wanted to groom her as they did other Royal children. But I don’t recall Kelly saving the multitude of non-immensely powerful babies from becoming the next Viktor or Kenneth. She only wanted to ‘save’ the immensely powerful one.

Growing up with a stepfather who spearheaded her kidnapping isn’t necessarily a more proper environment than growing up with a father who rolled over instead of fighting to keep her. And technically, ‘The Nadalind Fome’ includes a mother who did little to nothing to find her until a nefarious faction dangled the child in front of her.

(10-14-2017, 06:54 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Here is another great reason why Diana trusted the other mom, Kelly. Because she did in the show. Because it’s scripted she did.
This is the most accurate description for why any of the characters did anything. Their actions & behavior were written with a single goal in mind - move the plot from point A to point be to point…

Diana didn’t prevent Kelly from taking her in S3 or have an emotional reaction to Kelly’s death and attempt to thwart it in S4 because the plots required her not to. Diana only referred to something happening to her ‘other mommy’ when the S6 plot was about Juliette dealing with guilt. Diana’s selective memory was limited to what the plot needed to move forward. It had nothing to do with the character’s evolution.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 06:53 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 07:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: So you think then that Adalind never told Diana the truth about the kidnapping?
Adalind was in denial about Diana’s kidnapping. To acknowledge the truth would compromise her relationship with Nick. Adalind openly blamed Renard for ‘giving their daughter away’ but turned a blind eye to those who took her.

Adaind was in denial about Diana's kidnapping. As were Nick and the scoobies. However, I have been reading posts about how Diana began to immediately bond with Nick after the big Z incident. There was enough bonding that she grew to oh so love Nick and call him her Dad. My question is how could Diana bond with Nick if he and Adalind and the scoobies are keeping this huge secret from her?

Unless none of them have a conscience (which is a very likely possibility), Diana is going to guess that something's amiss by the very way they all treat her.