Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - Rotkäppchen - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 02:32 PM)tscchope Wrote: There wasn't the slightest chance Diana would let Kelly fall. She said he liked it. The more interesting point, if that is true, is how did he say it and what does that mean for his abilities.

We don't know what Bonapart has been doing with Diana. He may have persuaded her that Hadrian Wall are the bad guys who kept her from her parents. She's the one who destroys Hadrian's Wall in Portland and causes the survivors to scatter.

I thought she said he likes it because he was smiling.

Again (hate to keep referencing CC on her periscope) but she made it seem like we would not even know if Kelly has abilities like what we've heard/thought otherwise as they (writers) have eluded to ... so who is telling more of the truth? CC or writers? This show likes to you know lead us on and twist things so ... who knows. Or was that changed? Some have speculated that they made changes when they found out they were renewed. It was also stated by CC whereas other cast members after the renewal said they were to start filming and when it would start CC made it seem more like it is open - as I had read after they dropped number of episodes that it would be more of a mid-season replacement; all depending on how the other shows that NBC is going to be introducing will do in ratings etc. Someone on there even asked about a movie Grimm and she said no she didn't think so and only that she hoped it would continue on for a while - as in not end the series after S6. I don't mind a shortened season so long as they keep renewing it and it is good. Look at what a lot of are doing now with 10 to 13 episodes for shows. And they're good that way. Heck, it even allowed (and because of such a good fan reaction/reception) brought Wayward Pines back to Fox. So, Grimm if it is written well for 13 episodes could be renewed for several more seasons. Writers need to step up their game though IMO or they need to just get better writers. I think they are lacking in that area currently. I can tell who writes what episode based on dialogue and how characters are portrayed. That is how bad to me some write and suck at it or how they view certain characters I guess. Again, just my opinion

RE: Diana - syscrash - 05-14-2016

From everything we have seen about Diana even in the promos she does not seem to be evil. Diana is simple. You could never convenience her to side one way or the other. You could never control her like a weapon. We have seen twice now if what is going on does not effect Diana she doesn't care. She does not have that kind of connection with people. Diana is extremely self centered. Does forcing her parents to be together constitute evil. ON the surface forcing anyone will is evil. But in Diana case. It is the parents fault that she is suffering such extreme abandonment issues. In the promo's it looks like Rachael is being mummified by Diana. We have seen Rachael still has an interest in Sean. If for nothing else but for the benefit of the campaign or at least out of consideration for Adalind and the part she is going to need to play. I have a tendency to cheer for Diana turning Rachael into a mummy.

RE: Diana - degrimm - 05-14-2016

How do one define an evil child? what are thr qualities of an evil child?

RE: Diana - syscrash - 05-14-2016

I define evil as causing harm for the joy of causing harm.

RE: Diana - MANTItotheCore - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 07:53 PM)degrimm Wrote: How do one define an evil child? what are thr qualities of an evil child?

Sending folks into the Cornfield will do it for me!

Of course, if she forces Renard and Adalind to have sex, THAT would be really weird for a Kid to do...then, killing Rachel would get her there also, IMO.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 01:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In some posts here was talk of a Twilight story of a a boy like Diana good point. Now let's go a little different way. The show Outer Limits the was a episode where a man didn't something that increase the evolution of mankind and in a few hours when thru all manner of changes, but end up at gentle. Could this episode be what we will see in LBB? That episode may be the background the writers are going for with LBB showing her learning and growing.

Does anyone else remember more about that Outer Limits episode I know at one point he was going to kill them all at the house but as I sleeped once or twice I may not have all the facts I think I do?

(05-14-2016, 01:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: For now I'm going with the old saying "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." So Diana has the power and for now maybe only for now it has corrupted her, she is proving and testing herself, but like the Outer Limits episode grows out of it as she does age fast so even days or a week or two could see changes.

I was going to put this in the magic spells thread, but it's more about Diana so I will leave it here. I was thinking about these two paragraphs today, and you might be on to something, js.

In next week's episode, Diana uses imitative or sympathetic magic, also known as voodoo. She's shown putting two poppets (or voodoo dolls) together in an effort to bring Adalind and Renard together. One website I visited said poppets have been around much longer than voodoo dolls and they go back to Egyptian times. Poppets can be used to harm or heal. Another website showed how to make gingerbread family member poppets at Christmas time to hang on the tree.

Depending on the website, magical poppets can be used to do harm or good to the intended victim. I'm just theorizing here, but what if Diana's intent with regard to Renard and Adalind is actually a good one, from a child's perspective? What if she "wants" them together as a family? As such, she created dolls to effectively "put" them together and make a perfect world for herself.

So who would have taught her voodoo? Maybe Bonaparte. His name is partly of French origin and the French have a part in voodoo history.

The other thing I wanted to bring up was the scene where Bonaparte turns Adalind to stone. What if he isn't really turning her to stone, but instead making her believe she's being turned to stone?

RE: Diana - Kathryn Wooten - 05-15-2016

(05-14-2016, 10:06 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 01:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In some posts here was talk of a Twilight story of a a boy like Diana good point. Now let's go a little different way. The show Outer Limits the was a episode where a man didn't something that increase the evolution of mankind and in a few hours when thru all manner of changes, but end up at gentle. Could this episode be what we will see in LBB? That episode may be the background the writers are going for with LBB showing her learning and growing.

Does anyone else remember more about that Outer Limits episode I know at one point he was going to kill them all at the house but as I sleeped once or twice I may not have all the facts I think I do?

(05-14-2016, 01:19 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: For now I'm going with the old saying "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." So Diana has the power and for now maybe only for now it has corrupted her, she is proving and testing herself, but like the Outer Limits episode grows out of it as she does age fast so even days or a week or two could see changes.

I was going to put this in the magic spells thread, but it's more about Diana so I will leave it here. I was thinking about these two paragraphs today, and you might be on to something, js.

In next week's episode, Diana uses imitative or sympathetic magic, also known as voodoo. She's shown putting two poppets (or voodoo dolls) together in an effort to bring Adalind and Renard together. One website I visited said poppets have been around much longer than voodoo dolls and they go back to Egyptian times. Poppets can be used to harm or heal. Another website showed how to make gingerbread family member poppets at Christmas time to hang on the tree.

Depending on the website, magical poppets can be used to do harm or good to the intended victim. I'm just theorizing here, but what if Diana's intent with regard to Renard and Adalind is actually a good one, from a child's perspective? What if she "wants" them together as a family? As such, she created dolls to effectively "put" them together and make a perfect world for herself.

So who would have taught her voodoo? Maybe Bonaparte. His name is partly of French origin and the French have a part in voodoo history.

The other thing I wanted to bring up was the scene where Bonaparte turns Adalind to stone. What if he isn't really turning her to stone, but instead making her believe she's being turned to stone?

I figure he never finishes..his deed maybe, because of a phone call or the baby crying or Diana...because if you notice Adalind is still wearing the election cocktail dress she wore at the election...so I believe Bonaparte took Adalind home and Renard went to the police station...because later that night Diana has both Renard and Adalind kissing ( she is still in her cocktail dress) and Diana is in her nightgown......then we see(promo pic) Adalind in her nightgown sitting up in her bed looking at Diana) and in the promo video Adalind looks horrified to see what happened to Rachel and she is in her night gown....Adalind seems to not be suffering from any ill effect from what ever Conrad tried to do

RE: Diana - SilentEcho - 05-15-2016

I think that Conrad turning Adalind to stone may be like what Eve does during an interrogation to intimidate and get info. Like where Nick lives maybe? Just a thought...

RE: Diana - degrimm - 05-15-2016

just finished watching season 2 again and i feel, this season 5 show is missing an occasional bud(dont think i ve seen him after s5ep1) esp if he meets diana and the ongoing BC war; we need to write a petition for this

RE: Diana - tscchope - 05-16-2016

(05-14-2016, 10:06 PM)irukandji Wrote: What if she "wants" them together as a family? As such, she created dolls to effectively "put" them together and make a perfect world for herself.
I think this is exactly what Diana wants. She has no information to not make her want this.

I think Conrad can turn people to stone and uses it to intimidate. Adalind's continuing refusal is what makes him turn to threaten Hank. Bonapart's gone to great lengths to create this perfect family. Rather like the Brady bunch, he has to let the fiction run.

Diana has wrapped Rachel up as a mummy. She's then suffocated. Diana hasn't directly killed her. She did of course kill a verrat agent with a pen, so she has killed, though not since birth.