Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - wfmyers1207 - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 05:41 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 03:00 PM)aboutnici Wrote: Diana, because she knows how to handle her powers, before she was even born. I'm not so sure Kelly would have been the one to effectively handle Diana. The only person who could handle her is her mother and plus she would love her little brother and would protect him and their mother from the bottom of her heart.

I wasn't sure how she'd treat her brother, but actually I could see her bonding with him. Do you think she was involved in Kelly's death somehow? The reason I ask is that whole thing was so strange. Diana was downstairs and Juliette was upstairs in the bedroom. Seems like it should be the opposite, doesn't it?

Uhh, why? Kelly and LBB had just walked in the front door. Why would LBB be upstairs when Kelly was attacked?

RE: Diana - speakeasy - 12-16-2015

I'm in the camp with those who think Diana is the most powerful. I think she's the most powerful character on the show. Which leads me into the subject that prompted this reply. Maybe I'm skewing this in a way that isn't really there, but it seems that the most powerful and dangerous characters on Grimm are mostly female. If we consider Juliette/Eve, Adalind, Elizabeth, Kelly, Trubel and Diana, there's girls aplenty just breaking out with calamitous capabilities.

Certainly the Grimm is unusually powerful, but even Monroe, who is a bad Blutbad doesn't rely on his wesen powers overmuch. Renard has alot of personal power, but his Zauberbiest abilities haven't been put to much of a test so far. Hank, one of my personal favorites, is human and plenty tough, but not in an extraordinary sense. Wu's a big intellect and that's invaluable, but there again, confined to the human arena as far as strength is concerned. Meisner is a powerful and dangerous man, but has shown nothing in the way of superstrength or supernatural gifts. Now I think of it, I think it's only fair that baby Kelly be gifted with some impressive extra powers. Big Grin

Think it shows that it doesn't necessarily take being a wesen to deal with a wesen, because Nick and the Scoobies are doing fine so far against their week-to-week wesen combatants and in the overall story arc, actually.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 05:48 PM)speakeasy Wrote: I'm in the camp with those who think Diana is the most powerful. I think she's the most powerful character on the show. Which leads me into the subject that prompted this reply. Maybe I'm skewing this in a way that isn't really there, but it seems that the most powerful and dangerous characters on Grimm are mostly female. If we consider Juliette/Eve, Adalind, Elizabeth, Kelly, Trubel and Diana, there's girls aplenty just breaking out with calamitous capabilities.

What makes Diana different is that she's still a child. Children with powers such as hers are very scary. I'm reminded of that Twilight Zone episode where Billy Mumy has the terrible powers and the adults walk on eggshells around him, fearing that they'll get sent to the 'cornfield'.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 06:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 05:48 PM)speakeasy Wrote: I'm in the camp with those who think Diana is the most powerful. I think she's the most powerful character on the show. Which leads me into the subject that prompted this reply. Maybe I'm skewing this in a way that isn't really there, but it seems that the most powerful and dangerous characters on Grimm are mostly female. If we consider Juliette/Eve, Adalind, Elizabeth, Kelly, Trubel and Diana, there's girls aplenty just breaking out with calamitous capabilities.

What makes Diana different is that she's still a child. Children with powers such as hers are very scary. I'm reminded of that Twilight Zone episode where Billy Mumy has the terrible powers and the adults walk on eggshells around him, fearing that they'll get sent to the 'cornfield'.
From what we have seen Diana is not a child with powers. what we see in Diana is an adult with powers in a child's body. The ability to create the illusions to get Meisner to bring wood to warm Adalind. That is not the thinking of a baby, or a child. For that to work Diana would need to know psychology to know that seeing her in the woods he would pick her up and bring her back.

Most adults could not jab a pin in someone eye. Diana did it tactically and without hesitation. It even made Adalind shuder. We know physical harm does not come naturally because in self defense classes the hardest part is get the participants to be willing to inflict harm.

That is why I laugh when the NRA says everyone should be armed. It is one thing to point a gun another to pull the trigger. Once you do you will never be the same.

RE: Diana - speakeasy - 12-16-2015

I remember little red-haired Billy Mumy, but can't place that Twilight Zone episode, but I have this special fear of cornfields; it's been a bad place in a couple of disturbing horror movies I've seen! Can't say I care too much for scarecrows either. Tongue

I agree that Diana is scary because she's so powerful and so young. I also agree with posters who say it was a very good thing that she was in the care of Kelly most of her young life; can you imagine what the Royals would have taught her?

Even so, I still fear what the child would do when provoked. She rejected the King, I think, because her response of superimposing a skull on his reflection in the window of the helicopter was absolutely chilling to me. (She's big on projecting skulls, wonder if they are always associated with death, that's troubling.) Maybe she sensed something corrupt in him. However she felt about the King, she was just fine with Meisner tossing him out of the copter. He seemed to speak inappropriately about the deed to such a young child, but she smiled happily at what he said. You're right; that much power in the hands of a child is always going to end up bringing harm to others because they simply don't have the maturity to use it judiciously. At least Diana did not kill the King; I'm glad of that.

I like Diana and want her to grow into a good woman. How to get there from here is the problem her caretakers are going to face.

(12-16-2015, 07:28 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 06:55 PM)irukandji Wrote: What makes Diana different is that she's still a child. Children with powers such as hers are very scary. I'm reminded of that Twilight Zone episode where Billy Mumy has the terrible powers and the adults walk on eggshells around him, fearing that they'll get sent to the 'cornfield'.

From what we have seen Diana is not a child with powers. what we see in Diana is an adult with powers in a child's body. The ability to create the illusions to get Meisner to bring wood to warm Adalind. That is not the thinking of a baby, or a child. For that to work Diana would need to know psychology to know that seeing her in the woods he would pick her up and bring her back.

Most adults could not jab a pin in someone eye. Diana did it tactically and without hesitation. It even made Adalind shuder. We know physical harm does not come naturally because in self defense classes the hardest part is get the participants to be willing to inflict harm.

That is why I laugh when the NRA says everyone should be armed. It is one thing to point a gun another to pull the trigger. Once you do you will never be the same.

Good observation about Diana being an adult in a child's body. Old soul, maybe. Guess it's possible that she has some mature judgment to go along with that terrifying extra-human ability; comforting thought. If she does have the ability to think in the abstract, because children can only think concretely, it's still important that Diana has not acted in an arbitrary way to hurt people, she's only done that to protect. At least, I can't think of any. All the other magic she produced was neutral and had a utilitarian use.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-17-2015

(12-16-2015, 07:30 PM)speakeasy Wrote:

I remember little red-haired Billy Mumy, but can't place that Twilight Zone episode, but I have this special fear of cornfields; it's been a bad place in a couple of disturbing horror movies I've seen! Can't say I care too much for scarecrows either. Tongue

I agree that Diana is scary because she's so powerful and so young. I also agree with posters who say it was a very good thing that she was in the care of Kelly most of her young life; can you imagine what the Royals would have taught her?

Even so, I still fear what the child would do when provoked. She rejected the King, I think, because her response of superimposing a skull on his reflection in the window of the helicopter was absolutely chilling to me. (She's big on projecting skulls, wonder if they are always associated with death, that's troubling.) Maybe she sensed something corrupt in him. However she felt about the King, she was just fine with Meisner tossing him out of the copter. He seemed to speak inappropriately about the deed to such a young child, but she smiled happily at what he said. You're right; that much power in the hands of a child is always going to end up bringing harm to others because they simply don't have the maturity to use it judiciously. At least Diana did not kill the King; I'm glad of that.

I like Diana and want her to grow into a good woman. How to get there from here is the problem her caretakers are going to face.

(12-16-2015, 07:28 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 06:55 PM)irukandji Wrote: What makes Diana different is that she's still a child. Children with powers such as hers are very scary. I'm reminded of that Twilight Zone episode where Billy Mumy has the terrible powers and the adults walk on eggshells around him, fearing that they'll get sent to the 'cornfield'.

Good observation about Diana being an adult in a child's body. Old soul, maybe. Guess it's possible that she has some mature judgment to go along with that terrifying extra-human ability; comforting thought. If she does have the ability to think in the abstract, because children can only think concretely, it's still important that Diana has not acted in an arbitrary way to hurt people, she's only done that to protect. At least, I can't think of any. All the other magic she produced was neutral and had a utilitarian use.
Like the ideas here would add Doctors say a child's personality is formed between ages 2 and 4 the writer bring her back in at age group. So Kelly helped form that personality. She is what Kelly taught her.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-17-2015

And yet the question remains. Why did Diana allow the royals to kill Kelly?

RE: Diana - speakeasy - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 07:36 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Like the ideas here would add Doctors say a child's personality is formed between ages 2 and 4 the writer bring her back in at age group. So Kelly helped form that personality. She is what Kelly taught her.

Absolutely. I would go further and suggest that Kelly is the best thing that ever happened to the child and that her influence is likely to be the thing that saves Diana from surrendering to the destructive part of her psyche. I remember that it was Kelly who:

1. Took to Diana immediately on the airplane that was rescuing Adalind from the clutches of the Royals. The infant instantly took to Kelly also, she floated the necklace containing a picture of Nick (which tells me she will accept him) and they both had a moment of some kind of unbreakable spiritual bond, imo.

2. Imo, because of this connection, Kelly intuitively knew that Diana was important to the free world and had an inner knowledge of the necessity of the baby being raised completely away from the corrupting influence of the Royals. I'm saying that not only did Kelly fill that role, but she was the one who recognized how critical it was to save Diana so she would use her enormous power for the greater good.

3. And, I give special credit to Renard, Nick, Monroe, Hank, and who did I leave out, for accepting Kelly's wisdom and coming up with a plan to make it happen. Adalind gets a pass from me because she just wanted her baby with her and that was understandable.

Having said that, I still have worries about what Diana may cause to bring about because she's still so young and unpredictable.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: And yet the question remains. Why did Diana allow the royals to kill Kelly?
Someone posted was the death an illusion created by Diana? I think that may be a good question. When she was a baby she could do it looks like only a short time but at her age now could she keep that illusion going for the time and distance? So did she help Kelly? We know the actress doing the part went to Limitless but we could get the email to Nick once and awhile. Just a interesting idea. Didn't you wonder how she collected the wood for Meisner to think was her when she was cold?

(12-17-2015, 08:14 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 07:36 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Like the ideas here would add Doctors say a child's personality is formed between ages 2 and 4 the writer bring her back in at age group. So Kelly helped form that personality. She is what Kelly taught her.

Absolutely. I would go further and suggest that Kelly is the best thing that ever happened to the child and that her influence is likely to be the thing that saves Diana from surrendering to the destructive part of her psyche. I remember that it was Kelly who:

1. Took to Diana immediately on the airplane that was rescuing Adalind from the clutches of the Royals. The infant instantly took to Kelly also, she floated the necklace containing a picture of Nick (which tells me she will accept him) and they both had a moment of some kind of unbreakable spiritual bond, imo.

2. Imo, because of this connection, Kelly intuitively knew that Diana was important to the free world and had an inner knowledge of the necessity of the baby being raised completely away from the corrupting influence of the Royals. I'm saying that not only did Kelly fill that role, but she was the one who recognized how critical it was to save Diana so she would use her enormous power for the greater good.

3. And, I give special credit to Renard, Nick, Monroe, Hank, and who did I leave out, for accepting Kelly's wisdom and coming up with a plan to make it happen. Adalind gets a pass from me because she just wanted her baby with her and that was understandable.

Having said that, I still have worries about what Diana may cause to bring about because she's still so young and unpredictable.
Hadn't thought about the unpredictable part will have to think on that for a time.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 08:30 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Someone posted was the death an illusion created by Diana? I think that may be a good question. When she was a baby she could do it looks like only a short time but at her age now could she keep that illusion going for the time and distance? So did she help Kelly? We know the actress doing the part went to Limitless but we could get the email to Nick once and awhile. Just a interesting idea. Didn't you wonder how she collected the wood for Meisner to think was her when she was cold?

Well, here's the thing that I see. The first illusion/magic was one of need. The baby was cold. She clued wood was fuel for the fire, which would keep her warm. So she got the wood. There's comfort there. In a way, it's really no different than a baby crying because it's cold and needs a diaper change. Also comfort there.

But this situation with Kelly. I don't know. If Diana created this as a method of saving Kelly, it's pretty sinister. Sinister really wasn't the word I wanted to use here, it was the only one I could think of.