Grimm Forum
Long live king Renard - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Long live king Renard (/Thread-Long-live-king-Renard)

Pages: 1 2

Long live king Renard - Kathryn Wooten - 05-15-2015

Well the king Frederick is gone and that makes Renard the new King . He has now soul power of the royal family and everything that goes with it

RE: Long live king Renard - wfmyers1207 - 05-16-2015

(05-15-2015, 06:09 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Well the king Frederick is gone and that makes Renard the new King . He has now soul power of the royal family and everything that goes with it

Well, by title he is now king. But it's one thing to have a title and another to have the power. If the families don't want him the title is meaningless.

RE: Long live king Renard - Kathryn Wooten - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 07:37 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 06:09 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Well the king Frederick is gone and that makes Renard the new King . He has now soul power of the royal family and everything that goes with it

Well, by title he is now king. But it's one thing to have a title and another to have the power. If the families don't want him the title is meaningless.
I believe they (the families) have no choice the only way to denounce the king is to kill the king and unless they do that all the pomp and circumstances including the power,that the title of King holds is Renard's, whether he wants it or not

RE: Long live king Renard - wfmyers1207 - 05-16-2015

They don't have to do any such thing. In fact, in many countries bastard children are specifically forbidden from inheirting the throne.

RE: Long live king Renard - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 07:50 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: They don't have to do any such thing. In fact, in many countries bastard children are specifically forbidden from inheirting the throne.

I was going to write exactly that. Renard is a bastard children and, as far as I recall, he is not even official prince. He was considered royal for same wesens in portland in the first season, but all the other royals the sowed up in the show always treated him as a bastard.

We must just rememberv that when Renard's brother died, if Renard was suposed to be the new king after his father, the family would have take him back and prepare him in same way to be the new king. This did not happened. Victor was the prince in charge after Renard's brother.

Besides that, all the family must see the captain as a betrayer, and many certanly has doubts about his loyault to the families. I think the writers will put Renard as the new king, but this will not be automatically.

One possible plot for next seasson is that to get to the throne, Renard will have to prove his value to family. To do that, he will have to get Nick's key betraying Nick and the resistence proving loyalte to the royal families. This will be a way to put Nick versus Renard again, just like it was (and even worst) in the first seasson.

RE: Long live king Renard - Grimm4Ever - 05-16-2015

I do not think the Captain even wants that title. I think he wants to be left alone. However, his Mama may try to convince him otherwise. Can't wait to find out. I love Nick and the Captain working together, instead of against each other. But If Nick finds out his boss slept with Juliette again without being spelled as an excuse, that could cause a rift.

RE: Long live king Renard - Kathryn Wooten - 05-16-2015

Yes he is a bastard royal and prince , since he is his father's son....and in season 2 they were asking him to return to the family fold, asking him to come home, but several times he refused. I do believe you could be right to gain the royal trust he must show loyalty so he is only King in title only...but they will not wait to long for Renard's decision the kings death would have sent shock waves throughout the Kingdom and Renard is stuck right in the middle of it.

RE: Long live king Renard - Samsarilian - 05-16-2015

There is a little thing called a Coronation standing between the death of a king and whoever takes the thrown and royal families have started civil wars over them.

RE: Long live king Renard - Destroyer of Nations - 05-16-2015

I have already said this in another thread. Renard is a bastard and as such he is incapable of inheriting the kingship. Bastards cannot inherit titles or crowns.

By the way, Viktor is still the Crown Prince, he succeeded Eric, remember? He was introduced by Wu in season 3, episode 18 as "His Royal Crown Prince Viktor Chlodwig Zu Schellendorf Von Konigsburg." I assume that means now that King Frederick is dead, Viktor is the new King.

RE: Long live king Renard - Mauvais Don - 05-17-2015

(05-16-2015, 08:39 PM)Destroyer of Nations Wrote: I have already said this in another thread. Renard is a bastard and as such he is incapable of inheriting the kingship. Bastards cannot inherit titles or crowns.

You don't know what the Royal Families' rules or traditions are. Everyone seems to be assuming they are sovereign countries: they are not. They are just families. They can do whatever they want. Cripes.