Grimm Forum
S4E19 - Iron Hans - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E19 - Iron Hans (/Thread-S4E19-Iron-Hans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - prince-vegeta - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 10:40 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: And Kenneth. I'm incapable of watching another episode until he's dead.
I'm gonna have to disagree on the whole Kenneth. Of the two previous Royals we have had, he is the best so far...IMO.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - Elkhound - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 05:29 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Must have missed something about having the youngsters and their dads hunt down a rabbit and eat it and Monroe's lecture about the importance of resisting the urge to hunt.

I think Monroe was talking about the old custom of hunting *people.* Even Monroe's dad didn't kill them--just beat them up and scared the cr@p out of them, and was careful to choose people who deserved it. Even if he meant animals--Monroe's vegetarian himself--"resisting" doesn't mean *never* doing it---just not doing it too much.

And, at least, they COOKED the rabbit first. (Rabbit is delicious, BTW.)

(04-25-2015, 07:49 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: As for burning the trailer, I can't quite figure out why the writers' did that. As others have said, the trailer was almost a character itself. But something must survive because in the promo photos for next week Wu is holding a couple of charred Grimm books.

Other folks have said that Truble may bring the Grimm books she got from Rolek back to Portland. But I'm pretty sure she left the trunks' contents with Nick when she left with Josh. Or am I mistaken? Dodgy

They're in Oregon; perhaps there was a big rainstorm at the right moment.

Trubel has some books, Wu and/or Nick may have taken some home, and there may be other Grimm archives scattered around the world--but, basically, the Kessler Collection is gone.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - speakeasy - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 12:10 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 05:29 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Must have missed something about having the youngsters and their dads hunt down a rabbit and eat it and Monroe's lecture about the importance of resisting the urge to hunt.

I think Monroe was talking about the old custom of hunting *people.* Even Monroe's dad didn't kill them--just beat them up and scared the cr@p out of them, and was careful to choose people who deserved it. Even if he meant animals--Monroe's vegetarian himself--"resisting" doesn't mean *never* doing it---just not doing it too much.

And, at least, they COOKED the rabbit first. (Rabbit is delicious, BTW.)

I did see a vague distinction along those lines also, but was thrown by the encouragement of having the young wesen hunt and eat their prey. It later came to me that probably the idea was that if they could understand, experience, and accept their wesen nature, then they could control it.

I've always thought that Monroe didn't hunt people, but now I'm not so sure. In this episode, Maggie tells him she knows he has tasted kehrseite blood before and he doesn't deny it. There is a line in Grimm Wiki that says Monroe is a Wieder Blutbad, a vegetarian or vegan blutbad, who no longer hunts people. And Hans says something like 'he's done it all' when introducing Monroe to the dads and sons at the camp. I realize that these examples aren't really factual, but they are compelling.

Speaking of this episode, when Adalind has her baby it may be a Zauberbiest, a Grimm, a Zauberbiest/Grimm, or an ordinary human being, fascinating. At any rate, he will be brother to Diana. Seems like Nick and Sean should be some kind of family relation to each other's child, but maybe not. Kelly is raising Diana now, but is the blood grandmother to Adalind's son. Holidays are going to be a riot for this group.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - Hexenadler - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 11:36 AM)prince-vegeta Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 10:40 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: And Kenneth. I'm incapable of watching another episode until he's dead.
I'm gonna have to disagree on the whole Kenneth. Of the two previous Royals we have had, he is the best so far...IMO.

To each his own. I just think he's a thug. The fact he seems to have been solely created to drag Juliette further down into evil bitchery only adds to his loathsome quota. If he's a recurring presence in season 5 (which looks pretty likely now), I'll just read a book instead.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - grimmfreak - 04-25-2015

I voted like for this episode, would have been love but it was too easy to guess who the killer was. I mean grimm writers do this too much, whoever the heroes ignore as a suspect is the killer, it's part of their formula and it's cliche.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - Sable677 - 04-25-2015

I think that Kenneth is making a good villain, and he is really upping the stakes. Last year Victor tried to use Adalind to take down Nick, and now Kenneth is using an even bigger weapon against Nick in Juliette. I think having a good foe for Nick and Sean is good at this point. Victor and Eric didn't get the chance to do much.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - Hexenadler - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 07:32 PM)Sable677 Wrote: I think that Kenneth is making a good villain, and he is really upping the stakes. Last year Victor tried to use Adalind to take down Nick, and now Kenneth is using an even bigger weapon against Nick in Juliette.

I'm going to enjoy the moment when he loses control of his precious weapon...

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - Mauvais Don - 04-26-2015

I had some problems with this episode, some of them with the script and some with the acting.

On a purely personal level, I was really sorry to see the writers decide to burn the trailer; as one person here already said, it was, essentially, a character in the show and it was one that I liked. Heck, even the official site has a page about the trailer.

Monroe’s presentation to the Iron Hans group was very good...until it suddenly ended without an ending. Just kind of fell off a cliff and boom - we’re back to the group leader. Poor writing. Another scripting error has already been mentioned - the “villlain” was obviously the daughter and we both (my wife watches this one with me) spotted that one immediately.

And the actress who played the girl was simply not up to the part. The show also suffered (IMO, badly) from the shortness of the slot; both Monroe’s speech to the group and the girl’s dying speech could have been much better with more time available. But that is a constraint that the makers obviously know about and they just didn’t compensate - those two scenes, which could have been very strong, ended up being relatively weak.

At this point I just wish they would get rid of Juliette. I’m sick of her.

I hang around because: I live in Portland and I like seeing locations I know; I really like some of the characters; I like the mixed languages (even if they get a lot of the languages wrong - that one surprises me); I like the fairy tale references (when they bother to make them); and, of course, because I think the Wesen are fun. It’s not always a great show, but when it works it is a lot of fun.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - Hexenadler - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 07:53 AM)Mauvais Don Wrote: At this point I just wish they would get rid of Juliette. I’m sick of her.

I agree that's the biggest dramatic blunder they've made: Nobody actually feels sorry for her. The other characters don't (at least not anymore), and neither does the audience. Especially now.

RE: S4E19 - Iron Hans - Sable677 - 04-26-2015

(04-25-2015, 07:38 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 07:32 PM)Sable677 Wrote: I think that Kenneth is making a good villain, and he is really upping the stakes. Last year Victor tried to use Adalind to take down Nick, and now Kenneth is using an even bigger weapon against Nick in Juliette.

I'm going to enjoy the moment when he loses control of his precious weapon...

I definitely think that Juliette will turn on Kenneth as well, and he will be sorry for unleashing her on Nick and the group.

(04-26-2015, 11:03 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 07:53 AM)Mauvais Don Wrote: At this point I just wish they would get rid of Juliette. I’m sick of her.

I agree that's the biggest dramatic blunder they've made: Nobody actually feels sorry for her. The other characters don't (at least not anymore), and neither does the audience. Especially now.

That's the one thing that I am not getting here. By the end of the season, even the group will probably give up on her. They will probably still try to "cure" her just to stop her, but the bridges are really being burned here. I honestly don't know how they plan on turning things around. Still in pain over seeing that trailer burn.