Grimm Forum
‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 4 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets (/Thread-%E2%80%98Grimm%E2%80%99s%E2%80%99-Giuntoli-Talks-Major-Status-Quo-Shake-Ups-Season-4-Finale-Secrets)

‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - SpoiltOne - 04-16-2015

Found this David Giuntoli interview from a month back that somehow got missed a lot of is redundant but it did have two parts that were relevant to the end of this season...

Link: (Click the link for the rest of the article)
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/03/20/grimms-giuntoli-talks-major-status-quo-shake-ups-season-4-finale-secrets

Here are the two relevant tidbits:

Quote:The Royal Family have been searching for Adalind’s baby, Diana, but Nick obviously had bigger problems to contend with. How will those two worlds collide moving forward?

In a huge way. The Royal Family deals me a huge blow at the end of the season that is unforgivable. You’ll see.

and

Quote:The producers promised that “Grimm” is going to become even darker. What does that mean for the main characters?

Think “Game of Thrones.” Those are the kind of stakes we are working with now. Everyone is in peril. Nobody is safe in the world of Grimm at this point.

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - Hexenadler - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 03:06 AM)SpoiltOne Wrote:
Quote:The producers promised that “Grimm” is going to become even darker. What does that mean for the main characters?

Think “Game of Thrones.” Those are the kind of stakes we are working with now. Everyone is in peril. Nobody is safe in the world of Grimm at this point.

Oh, boy. Does this mean the Royals are going to decapitate Nick at the end of the season? Rolleyes

Look, I get how the brutal outlook in GAME OF THRONES is appealing for some folks, but personally I like watching a show where you can get emotionally attached to characters without fearing they'll either be raped or murdered (or both) in the next episode. (Maybe modern TV audiences get some sort of weird thrill out of that insecurity.) That kind of pessimism might be appropriate for George R.R. Martin's world, but you shouldn't try to channel it on your own series just because it's popular.

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - droid327 - 04-16-2015

I think that's just a buzz word. My guess is they kill Nick's bastard child. Something has to happen to it, after all, unless they just send it to the farm with Diana...

Either that or they kill Juliette...finally...but she'd be the only "regular" I can see them offing in the near future, and only because she never quite fit in the plot. The show simply isn't set up for a revolving door of starring characters like GOT or Walking Dead. It doesn't even really work when its just a revolving door of Royal antagonists.

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - Hexenadler - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 02:53 PM)droid327 Wrote: I think that's just a buzz word. My guess is they kill Nick's bastard child. Something has to happen to it, after all, unless they just send it to the farm with Diana...

Either that or they kill Juliette...finally...but she'd be the only "regular" I can see them offing in the near future, and only because she never quite fit in the plot. The show simply isn't set up for a revolving door of starring characters like GOT or Walking Dead. It doesn't even really work when its just a revolving door of Royal antagonists.

Killing off Juliette wouldn't be advisable, IMO. She's been the love of Nick's life since episode 1, not to mention Bitsie and David having a great screen chemistry. Besides, who'd fill Juliette's place? Adalind?

[Image: raw]

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - droid327 - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 03:18 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Killing off Juliette wouldn't be advisable, IMO. She's been the love of Nick's life since episode 1, not to mention Bitsie and David having a great screen chemistry. Besides, who'd fill Juliette's place? Adalind?

Trubel...you know she has daddy issues Smile

Or maybe Nick can just go Luke Skywalker and become the celibate warrior-monk, take his Aunt's sage advice and give up romantic love for the sake of the greater good.

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - grimmfreak - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 07:47 PM)droid327 Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 03:18 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Killing off Juliette wouldn't be advisable, IMO. She's been the love of Nick's life since episode 1, not to mention Bitsie and David having a great screen chemistry. Besides, who'd fill Juliette's place? Adalind?

Or maybe Nick can just go Luke Skywalker and become the celibate warrior-monk, take his Aunt's sage advice and give up romantic love for the sake of the greater good.

Trubel?...
That would be so wrong! Another grimm would be good but not Trubel, she's too much the little sister to Nick.
i wouldn't mind seeing Nick have that wesen love interest that has been suggested!

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - wfmyers1207 - 04-17-2015

(04-16-2015, 07:54 PM)grimmfreak Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 07:47 PM)droid327 Wrote:

Trubel?...
That would be so wrong! Another grimm would be good but not Trubel, she's too much the little sister to Nick.
i wouldn't mind seeing Nick have that wesen love interest that has been suggested!

I kind of agree that the "little sister" aspect of their relationship would make it a little creepy. However, who could he trust more? Who else could really understand what's going on? Even Hank and Wu don't really get the whole deal.

That kind of connection could run very deep. Especially since I think they are going to kill Kelly in the season finale. Truble will be the only Grimm left he knows and trusts. Dodgy

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - Hexenadler - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 10:52 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I kind of agree that the "little sister" aspect of their relationship would make it a little creepy. However, who could he trust more? Who else could really understand what's going on? Even Hank and Wu don't really get the whole deal.

That kind of connection could run very deep. Especially since I think they are going to kill Kelly in the season finale. Truble will be the only Grimm left he knows and trusts. Dodgy

I'll be surprised if the writers don't force Nick to make some kind of choice between his fiancee and his mother. But Trubel as Nick's new girlfriend? I can see her as Nick's protegee, but not his equal.

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - Sable677 - 04-17-2015

I'm thinking that Kelly is the one killed as well. I definitely don't see Trubel as a potential girlfriend for Nick though. I do see Adalind and Nick working together because of their child but not romantic. I think Nick will be focused on protecting his child and by default Adalind as well as Diana (since Kelly died trying to protect her).

RE: ‘Grimm’s’ Giuntoli Talks Major Status Quo Shake-Ups, Season 4 Finale Secrets - prince-vegeta - 04-18-2015

(04-16-2015, 02:53 PM)droid327 Wrote: Either that or they kill Juliette...finally...but she'd be the only "regular" I can see them offing in the near future, and only because she never quite fit in the plot. The show simply isn't set up for a revolving door of starring characters like GOT or Walking Dead. It doesn't even really work when its just a revolving door of Royal antagonists.
I think she is gonna go to the "Dark Side"....errrr....I mean to the Royals! Pit her against Nick & Adalind.