Grimm Forum
S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E17 - Hibernaculum (/Thread-S4E17-Hibernaculum)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - syscrash - 04-13-2015

Nick keeps turning grey when really pushed. Each time someone snaps him out of his going Grey. I expect to she him not be stopped and going to full on zombie Grimm. Have it make the point Juliette is not the only monster in the family. Have Nick also go through the same persecution that Juliette is feeling.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - droid327 - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 09:34 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: Everyone seems to be so cavalier about the fact Nick's a Grimm these days, I'd love to see an episode where he's provoked to the point when his vaguely-defined powers are cranked up to an almost unprecedented level that even causes his fellow Grimm to wet themselves in abject terror - as well as the complete demolition of his opponent (preferably Kenneth). I'm talking about the sort of OTT "rage mode" that's normally only seen in crazy anime cartoons.

No I don't think I'd want to see his power level go up over 9000. That's the kind of power creep that ruins a show...because after that point, then every new bad guy has to be a threat that's plausible even if Nick *does* go Beast Mode on them. That's why I kinda like that they've left Nick's powers purposefully vague, so they don't paint themselves into a corner where the audience just goes "well why can't Nick just do XXXX like he did before?"

They've already had to do that with the whole Adalind-is-a-Hexenbiest thing ("why cant Nick just take her powers away like he did with Adalind?"), and the more they have to write around obstacles they've created for themselves, the more awkward the show will be.

It would be satisfying to see him go Super Saiyan on Kenneth, but I'd prefer it if he just kicked his normal mortal badass meter up to 11. The best fight scenes in the show so far aren't where he wins by his Grimm powers being overwhelming, but the ones where his Grimmitude lets him hold his own, but its the other parts of his character - his police training, his resourcefulness, his family and friends - that put him over the top. Maybe Kenneth is a Grimm himself, and they have some special Grimm vs Grimm fight, but I wouldn't want Nick to win just by out-Grimming him, or even using his "stolen Wesen powers", but by being more clever and/or having friends that have his back.

Nick at his very best isn't when he's the *most* Grimm he can be, its when he's *more* than just a Grimm, and that's what makes him special.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Hexenadler - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 01:16 PM)droid327 Wrote: No I don't think I'd want to see his power level go up over 9000. That's the kind of power creep that ruins a show...because after that point, then every new bad guy has to be a threat that's plausible even if Nick *does* go Beast Mode on them. That's why I kinda like that they've left Nick's powers purposefully vague, so they don't paint themselves into a corner where the audience just goes "well why can't Nick just do XXXX like he did before?"

I already provided a reason in the "Juliette as a hexenbiest" thread. To repeat: If Nick allowed himself to go "super saiyan" (as you'd put it), the resulting burnout phase would leave him flat on his back for at least a fortnight, during which he's almost completely helpless.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Samsarilian - 04-13-2015

If Nick gets a supped up mode it is not hard to write multiple down sides. Full Zombie => Flat on back for weeks (Hexenadler's suggestion) but only after he is brought in and given anti Zombie Juice => City wide distruction in between. He would have to learn to recognize and control that and not let it happen EVER. Nicks conscience becomes the limiting factor, "Yes, I can ramp up but are the rampage and deaths that follow worth it?"

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - grimmfreak - 04-16-2015

I know I might get some flack for saying this but did Silas Weir Mitchell not phone it in a bit this episode, especially when he was explaining why he Woged when Roselle walked in. A local friend that watched the show thought the same so I know I'm not the only one who thinks so...

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Kathryn Wooten - 04-18-2015

(04-11-2015, 02:22 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: I have to say, I was a little uncomfortable about how Nick and Hank ditched a grieving daughter this week. I get they need to maintain professional distance in their work, but the speed at which they moved on was kind of disconcerting.

Did the Wesen of this episode strike anybody else as being intensely stupid? Clambering out of the safety of the basement because one guy tells them to? Even after Nick very loudly states he and the others were only after the one Wesen responsible for killing somebody? Maybe they were trying to protect their own. Maybe being caught in mid-hibernation makes them sluggish and dopey. Either way, I hope these guys don't make a return appearance any time soon.

So, it looks like poor old Wu is the only guy still in the dark about Juliette's transformation. It's almost comical how he always seems to be the last to know about...well, everything.

Renard's vision of...Satan?....was weird. It'll be interesting to see what THAT was all about. Maybe it was a fan reaching out from our plane of reality to smack him up for gettin' it on with Juliette again? Tongue Nick is an amazingly patient man, all things considered.

Wu also does not know about Renard, which I think he'll find out in the finale
As for renard I think that was not a vision, but the enitiy I believe crack through a portal from the underworld, when he was brought back from the brink of death by his mother and when those bloody clawed hands reach out for Renard he was now possessed. and I believe will be the Jack the ripper everyone's looking for..sadly I believe who ever finds out the truth about renard will end up dying/killed by Renard and poor Renard is unable to stop it. that's my thought

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Mauvais Don - 04-27-2015

(04-10-2015, 06:57 PM)GrimmForum Wrote:
Season 4 Episode 17
Hibernaculum

[Image: J8tZ4ihl.jpg]

Air Date: April 18, 2015

Synopsis: Nick, Hank, and Wu are called to investigate a rare Wesen that leaves its victims frozen solid involved hibernacula called Varme Tyv (blue racer snake like wesen); Coluber constrictor foxii. Meanwhile, Juliette starts to feel that she is losing her humanity as she seeks to get revenge against Adalind. Elsewhere, Captain Renard continues to suffer from mysterious bleeding and visions, while Monroe works toward coming to grips with the Wesenrein incident.

Right synopsis, but image is from the next week's show.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Gretel Hanselsister - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 07:09 AM)Mauvais Don Wrote: Right synopsis, but image is from the next week's show.

Thanks, fixed.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Kathryn Wooten - 04-27-2015

What if that was not Renard who came into his bedroom , when Juliette came in, Remember he was so loose with the information about Adaline, where to find her . As we have seen , when Renard is in distress and in serious pain, that the entity takes over his body. Very convenient that his wounds and the agonizing pain ripped into Renard , when he was kicking Kenneth @@s. could the entity jumped in a weaken Renard then??? and ,was occupying his body , when Juliette seduced him??? could be very possible.
If you saw the scene Renard was fully clothed and then in pajamas after rough kissing Juliette...It's a possibility that Renard was not in control with Juliette.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - syscrash - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 10:18 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: What if that was not Renard who came into his bedroom , when Juliette came in, Remember he was so loose with the information about Adaline, where to find her . As we have seen , when Renard is in distress and in serious pain, that the entity takes over his body. Very convenient that his wounds and the agonizing pain ripped into Renard , when he was kicking Kenneth @@s. could the entity jumped in a weaken Renard then??? and ,was occupying his body , when Juliette seduced him??? could be very possible.
If you saw the scene Renard was fully clothed and then in pajamas after rough kissing Juliette...It's a possibility that Renard was not in control with Juliette.

We did see Sean wake up. The kiss with Juliette could have been in his mind. The reason, why would he want his key back and then send Juliette to go after Adalind.
I am thinking Juliette is still staying with Sean.