Grimm Forum
S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E17 - Hibernaculum (/Thread-S4E17-Hibernaculum)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Gaultheria - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 12:58 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: They'd better be careful with that angle. Nothing alienates a character's fans faster than turning her into a mind-controlling siren of death. (Unless, of course, she becomes a mind-controlling siren of death with a heart of gold...)

Yeah. I hope it's resolved before the end of the season. I think she'll have to learn how to live with it rather than get rid of it, though, because I think drama suffers when a show relies too often on magical rituals and potions. Magic in drama is more satisfying when we know the rules in advance of the solutions.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - soydominique - 04-11-2015

First time on the forum. I was spurred by the horrible episode. I Hulu'd it this morning and was so upset. I watch this show mostly because I've kept with the other seasons and can't stay away from trash tv, but the moves in this episode were pointless: 1) having Juliette lustfully sex up Sean (they never even seemed genuinely attracted to one another; 2) Rosalee voicing that embarrassing line that was Looney Tunes-esque; 3) coming up with a pointless Wesen (no real tragedy that anyone died because there was no way in saving them anyway).

Also, another horrible move not in this episdoe: Adalind is pregnant again—with Nick's baby! Her sleeping with Nick (unbeknownst to him) was an issue that could be worked through. BUT, babies don't go away. I don't see this making the plot any better in the future. It seems like the writers are just desperate to shock audiences without any plot play-off or character consistencies in mind. Sad. Maybe the other Grimm-esque show that's coming out soon will be better. I'll obviously still be watching, but only because I never give up on a tv show/webcomic/book.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Gaultheria - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 04:59 PM)soydominique Wrote: First time on the forum.

Welcome to the forum!

(04-11-2015, 04:59 PM)soydominique Wrote: 2) Rosalee voicing that embarrassing line that was Looney Tunes-esque;

Yeah. The four guys had a lot of chipper dialogue, too; I liked their early discourse on transportation, but then they kept talking that way all through the episode.

(04-11-2015, 04:59 PM)soydominique Wrote: 3) coming up with a pointless Wesen

With all of the quipping and the freeze vampires, I wonder if this episode was meant to be a Buffy tribute.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Hexenadler - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 05:50 PM)Gaultheria Wrote: With all of the quipping and the freeze vampires, I wonder if this episode was meant to be a Buffy tribute.

Please no. Never liked "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," never will.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Samsarilian - 04-12-2015

(04-11-2015, 06:50 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 05:50 PM)Gaultheria Wrote: With all of the quipping and the freeze vampires, I wonder if this episode was meant to be a Buffy tribute.

Please no. Never liked "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," never will.

Ah, you do not like fake blonds kicking @$$, witches, demons.... Wait, I did not like that show either. Vampires are vampires to me not demons or other monsters, what was a vampire slayer doing fighting demons more often than not.

I do admit to making an exception for Twilight. My nieces turned me on to it and she (Meyer) did explain that myth and Twilight reality were two different things in the books. I wish she had made them take more time with the movies to make that point as clear in them.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Elkhound - 04-13-2015

(04-11-2015, 04:59 PM)soydominique Wrote: Also, another horrible move not in this episdoe: Adalind is pregnant again—with Nick's baby! Her sleeping with Nick (unbeknownst to him) was an issue that could be worked through. BUT, babies don't go away.

She might miscarry.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - droid327 - 04-13-2015

Wow, I'm never shy about my dislike for how they write the Juliette character, and this episode continued to plumb new depths of stupidness for her. I think its clear we're meant to surmise that she's being "taken over" by the Hexenbiest within her, which IMO is just throwing out years' worth of whatever character development they gave her, and replacing her with a new character that's just a boilerplate cartoonish bitch. Maybe Bitsie started demanding they make her character more "fun to play" or something, I don't know, but its horrible storycraft, I think.

She comes off feeling horribly sorry for herself and lashing out at her friends, which doesn't make her sympathetic. She seduces Renard because...reasons? Because bad girls are promiscuous? And Renard sleeps with her because...not even reasons. Even if he doesn't consider Nick a friend, he's pragmatic enough to realize he still *needs* Nick and shouldn't be alienating him by PORKING HIS FIANCEE!! For someone who's so traumatized by being shot, he's trying really hard to get himself shot again Smile

WotW...bleh, more nonsense. How do they stay under the radar if they need to "eat" a person every day? The first one ate the old lady and still was frozen to death by the next day in jail. Why would they all start chasing the cops if they knew they couldn't even make it to the barn before they ran out of stored heat? And Nick's purposefully leaving Sven in the barn, essentially executing him for his crimes extrajudicially, goes against the ethos he's stated in earlier seasons...which may be deliberate for him, as he becomes more of a Grimm, but it seems like Hank or especially Wu should have had some qualms about standing around and letting a man die.

And then why leave him frozen in the stolen cab in Portland? That doesn't even make sense. Why not just ditch the car way out in the wilderness, stick his body even further out in the wilderness, and the obvious assumption would be that he died of exposure? No weird explanation necessary.

Kenneth...ah well, at least he's showing some forethought this time and not just beating people up. Still don't like him that much. I think maybe its because he looks like Evil Wesley (from Princess Bride). Or just someone's dumbass younger brother who doesn't know what he's doing. Bad casting, I think, on top of bad writing so far. And if his plan is to put Nick in danger to flush his mother out, I can only see it ending in a very, very rapid death for him by one or both of their hands. Nick is vigilant and resourceful, and his mother is a stone-cold assassin who would probably just try to negotiate with him for Diana....Corbin Dallas style.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Hexenadler - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 08:57 AM)droid327 Wrote: Kenneth...ah well, at least he's showing some forethought this time and not just beating people up. Still don't like him that much. I think maybe its because he looks like Evil Wesley (from Princess Bride). Or just someone's dumbass younger brother who doesn't know what he's doing. Bad casting, I think, on top of bad writing so far. And if his plan is to put Nick in danger to flush his mother out, I can only see it ending in a very, very rapid death for him by one or both of their hands. Nick is vigilant and resourceful, and his mother is a stone-cold assassin who would probably just try to negotiate with him for Diana....Corbin Dallas style.

Everyone seems to be so cavalier about the fact Nick's a Grimm these days, I'd love to see an episode where he's provoked to the point when his vaguely-defined powers are cranked up to an almost unprecedented level that even causes his fellow Grimm to wet themselves in abject terror - as well as the complete demolition of his opponent (preferably Kenneth). I'm talking about the sort of OTT "rage mode" that's normally only seen in crazy anime cartoons.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Gaultheria - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 09:34 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: Everyone seems to be so cavalier about the fact Nick's a Grimm these days, I'd love to see an episode where he's provoked to the point when his vaguely-defined powers are cranked up to an almost unprecedented level that even causes his fellow Grimm to wet themselves in abject terror - as well as the complete demolition of his opponent (preferably Kenneth). I'm talking about the sort of OTT "rage mode" that's normally only seen in crazy anime cartoons.

Or like his cousin Ben:

[Image: TheThing.jpg]

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Hexenadler - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 09:54 AM)Gaultheria Wrote: Or like his cousin Ben:

I was thinking of something a little more hardcore than that. "UberGrimm" sounds a tad hokey, but it seems appropriate.