Grimm Forum
S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E17 - Hibernaculum (/Thread-S4E17-Hibernaculum)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S4E17 - Hibernaculum - GrimmForum - 04-10-2015

Season 4 Episode 17
Hibernaculum

[Image: 417smallk5rx2.jpg]

Air Date: April 18, 2015

Synopsis: Nick, Hank, and Wu are called to investigate a rare Wesen that leaves its victims frozen solid involved hibernacula called Varme Tyv (blue racer snake like wesen); Coluber constrictor foxii. Meanwhile, Juliette starts to feel that she is losing her humanity as she seeks to get revenge against Adalind. Elsewhere, Captain Renard continues to suffer from mysterious bleeding and visions, while Monroe works toward coming to grips with the Wesenrein incident.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Hexenadler - 04-11-2015

I have to say, I was a little uncomfortable about how Nick and Hank ditched a grieving daughter this week. I get they need to maintain professional distance in their work, but the speed at which they moved on was kind of disconcerting.

Did the Wesen of this episode strike anybody else as being intensely stupid? Clambering out of the safety of the basement because one guy tells them to? Even after Nick very loudly states he and the others were only after the one Wesen responsible for killing somebody? Maybe they were trying to protect their own. Maybe being caught in mid-hibernation makes them sluggish and dopey. Either way, I hope these guys don't make a return appearance any time soon.

So, it looks like poor old Wu is the only guy still in the dark about Juliette's transformation. It's almost comical how he always seems to be the last to know about...well, everything.

Renard's vision of...Satan?....was weird. It'll be interesting to see what THAT was all about. Maybe it was a fan reaching out from our plane of reality to smack him up for gettin' it on with Juliette again? Tongue Nick is an amazingly patient man, all things considered.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - speakeasy - 04-11-2015

A bunch of snakes piled up like one big happy family, it's heartwarming. Can we please just change the subject (it was actually a pretty good WoW, though).

I'm disappointed that it appears that R and J slept together. That's just awful. And I'm so worried about Renard; how the heck is he going to fix this reliving of his own demise, seems like the attacks are getting more frequent and escalating. It's looking like Death is trying to get him because Elizabeth crossed a line and cheated the big D of one of his own. Maybe it's time for that pointy hat, buddy.

Juliette. Don't get me started.

I am thinking that Adalind's pregnancy was shorter than average the first time, maybe that is why she looks so far along now. Still hating Kenneth, but what's not to hate. Go back to the castle and bother somebody else, ya big mook.

Nobody's life is going well at the moment. Hopefully the episode with Monroe is an isolated incident and not a wesen-type PTSD, if so Rosalee will pay a price, too. Nick's life's in the you-know-what. Juliette is going around the bend and sounds like she's out for everyone's blood. The Captain's in a very bad way.
Spoiler :
My steady-as-you-go, Rock of Gibralter (and amazing badass good guy), Hank, who I hoped would never change, is developing a case of yellow-eyes.
Wu's okay for now, but he really ought to transfer out of the PPB. I'm discouraged - this situation calls for a cake, not a slice of cake, a cake.

(04-11-2015, 06:30 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I am thinking that Adalind's pregnancy was shorter than average the first time, maybe that is why she looks so far along now. Still hating Kenneth, but what's not to hate. Go back to the castle and bother somebody else, ya big mook.

Conjecture: Juliette's "new ally" the plot summaries for later episodes have hinted at is Kenneth. They have a fling together purely for the sake of getting under Nick's skin. Bad move. Nick goes full-on Grimm in a way we've never seen before and ANNIHILATES Kenneth in front of Juliette, forcing her to reevaluate the whole "Anakin Skywalker" act.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Sable677 - 04-11-2015

It was an ok episode, but not a favorite. The best part was Monroe and Rosalee's reactions to Juliette's news. I'm not happy about Renard and Juliette at all. Hate that they went there again. It seemed like a shock plot point rather than adding anything to the overall story. Nick/Adalind sleeping together drove several plots along like Nick losing his powers, Monroe and Rosalee in danger without their Grimm friend, the captain potentially losing his Grimm leverage, and Adalind falling for the Royals plan. This move with Sean/Juliette felt like a shock plot. I know Juliette is losing it, but Sean should have known better especially with Kenneth in town. He needs Nick's help. Adalind continues to be a bright spot on the show adding some humor. Loved her complaining about her clothes not fitting and throwing another tantrum.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - speakeasy - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 07:25 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 06:30 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I am thinking that Adalind's pregnancy was shorter than average the first time, maybe that is why she looks so far along now. Still hating Kenneth, but what's not to hate. Go back to the castle and bother somebody else, ya big mook.

Conjecture: Juliette's "new ally" the plot summaries for later episodes have hinted at is Kenneth. They have a fling together purely for the sake of getting under Nick's skin. Bad move. Nick goes full-on Grimm in a way we've never seen before and ANNIHILATES Kenneth in front of Juliette, forcing her to reevaluate the whole "Anakin Skywalker" act.

Sounds like a plan to me! Smile

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Gaultheria - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 08:06 AM)Sable677 Wrote: I'm not happy about Renard and Juliette at all. Hate that they went there again. It seemed like a shock plot point rather than adding anything to the overall story. Nick/Adalind sleeping together drove several plots along like Nick losing his powers, Monroe and Rosalee in danger without their Grimm friend, the captain potentially losing his Grimm leverage, and Adalind falling for the Royals plan. This move with Sean/Juliette felt like a shock plot. I know Juliette is losing it, but Sean should have known better especially with Kenneth in town. He needs Nick's help.

Henrietta said Juliette would have dangerous mind-control power, and I think it's a good plot development for it to manifest like this. Juliette and Sean were already attracted to each other (in a messed-up way, but it was there), so Juliette gave him an extra push in that direction, probably without even realizing that she was doing it. I think she's doing something similar with Nick -- accentuating his mistrust of hexenbiests -- because of how much she hates her new condition.

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - UndercoverGrimm - 04-11-2015

i liked last nights episode. I too am dissapointed with the whole Juliette/Renard thing. Lets please move on from that. Seeing the look on Adalinds face when she was nearly hit by the gargoyle was priceless. I liked seeing Monroe with Nick and Hank again. Monroes lines never get old! They should have told Wu years ago. He knows his stuff.

(04-11-2015, 11:49 AM)Gaultheria Wrote: Henrietta said Juliette would have dangerous mind-control power, and I think it's a good plot development for it to manifest like this. Juliette and Sean were already attracted to each other (in a messed-up way, but it was there), so Juliette gave him an extra push in that direction, probably without even realizing that she was doing it. I think she's doing something similar with Nick -- accentuating his mistrust of hexenbiests -- because of how much she hates her new condition.

They'd better be careful with that angle. Nothing alienates a character's fans faster than turning her into a mind-controlling siren of death. (Unless, of course, she becomes a mind-controlling siren of death with a heart of gold...)

RE: S4E17 - Hibernaculum - Samsarilian - 04-11-2015

(04-11-2015, 12:58 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 11:49 AM)Gaultheria Wrote: Henrietta said Juliette would have dangerous mind-control power, and I think it's a good plot development for it to manifest like this. Juliette and Sean were already attracted to each other (in a messed-up way, but it was there), so Juliette gave him an extra push in that direction, probably without even realizing that she was doing it. I think she's doing something similar with Nick -- accentuating his mistrust of hexenbiests -- because of how much she hates her new condition.

They'd better be careful with that angle. Nothing alienates a character's fans faster than turning her into a mind-controlling siren of death. (Unless, of course, she becomes a mind-controlling siren of death with a heart of gold...)

I once told you that I have both agreed and disagreed very strongly with everyone posting on this board....

Well here's your turn to be agreed with in the strongest possible terms. They need to be very careful with how they treat Juliette at this point. It would be too easy to make her the person most fans hate.