Grimm Forum
2x21 - The Waking Dead - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 2 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2)
+---- Thread: 2x21 - The Waking Dead (/Thread-2x21-The-Waking-Dead--143)

Pages: 1 2 3

2x21 - The Waking Dead - GrimmForum - 05-14-2013

Air Date: 5/14/13

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) discover a new kind of strange when they investigate suspects being found dead - for the second time. In Europe, Adalind (Claire Coffee) finds herself in the middle of a feud between Frau Pech and Stefania (guest star Shohreh Aghdashloo ) while working over the details of her pending transaction. Meanwhile, determined to remember every last detail to get things started once more, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) insists Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) share with her Nick’s darkest secret - the world of Grimms and Wesen. Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

Photos:
Spoiler :
[Image: 7161ed.jpg]

[Image: 35cr9eb.jpg]

[Image: 2zdvc41.jpg]

[Image: 25pkbhy.jpg]

[Image: 33aball.jpg]

[Image: 1zpo5jq.jpg]

[Image: cnif6.jpg]

Zombies In Portland? Must be Tuesdays!
What did you all think of tonight's newest episode of Grimm?
Just one more episode left for Season 2!

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - GrimmForum - 05-14-2013

Just finished watching the episode, and I thought it was a rather good one. The highlight of the episode was definitely Juliette getting exposed to Wesen the first time. I had a kick out of Monroe avoiding to go last, "Bud you should go next" lol. And then the (sorta cheesy) joke about the flowers going volga. It's nice to see Juliette becoming part of the gang.

I was a little disappointed that the Zombie narrative didn't go deeper, but it's clearly building up to the next episode. I can't believe we're a week away from the Season Finale.

What do you all think the blank passport and death certificate is for?

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - pale boy - 05-14-2013

Wow, what an exciting episode!

There were a lot of things I loved about it, starting with the beginning to the end. Of course, ending on a "To Be Continued" make me go "Fuuuuuu..." Just a little. In a good way. I like the suspense. Smile

I like that the Royal family is interfering in Portland (that's my assumption). Guess they're tired of Renard trying to cultivate his own little kingdom.

There's also the "zombies" that are influenced by the supposed real life version of zombies, the ones said to exist in Haiti and made through the creative use of pufferfish ingredients. I didn't catch if the Baron in this episode was the same one in Nick's Grimm diaries. If he is, then Baron Samedi has lived a very long time.

The plot with Juliette is now resolved and appears that it will also evolve. That makes me glad. The Grimm team can use another woman around with full knowledge of "weird" Portland, so to speak. (I still love how Hank ended up being a little more blase about the whole thing even after he nearly went insane. He's quick to recover his usual implacability.)

Adalind is treading some dangerous water though. The importance of Royal blood has only made me more curious as to what exactly a Royal is.

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - GrimmForum - 05-14-2013

I agree Pale Boy, the importance of Royal blood makes me even more curious about what the Royals exactly are. I wonder if the power that the seven keys unlock is only usable by Royal blood?

I really hope Juliette's character evolves like you say. Because...

Spoiler :
I'm concerned that the character they're going to let go in the next episode is Juleitte. I feel like Aunt Marie's warning to Nick to end his relationship with Juliette because it'll jeopardize her safety is foreshadowing her fate.

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - pale boy - 05-14-2013

(05-14-2013, 11:31 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: I agree Pale Boy, the importance of Royal blood makes me even more curious about what the Royals exactly are. I wonder if the power that the seven keys unlock is only usable by Royal blood?

I really hope Juliette's character evolves like you say. Because...

Spoiler :
I'm concerned that the character they're going to let go in the next episode is Juleitte. I feel like Aunt Marie's warning to Nick to end his relationship with Juliette because it'll jeopardize her safety is foreshadowing her fate.

Good theory about the seven keys. It'd make sense as to why no "normals" appear to have happened upon the keys or the maps they make. And we'd finally be seeing some powers the Royals have (other than money).

But that theory about Juliette! :o I'm worried that it's going to happen too. Thematically, it'd be the most shocking thing to do.

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - Lou - 05-14-2013

I really liked it too. I think about 40 minutes into it I realized that it was going " to be continued". I didn't even mind, I didn't want the episode to end. I was having too good a time.
They almost drew out the wolga thing too long. But.... we have been waiting a whole year for this. Might as well get every last drop out of it.
Good thing that Bud was over at Hank's house. Could have been really awful if Monroe just changed with out any prep.
Bud had the good sense to go to the spice shop and get Rosalee.
And maybe I'm reading too much into it but I thought Juliette had an expression on her face that telegraphed "what is wrong with these people"
Rosalee, who continues to be the most together one, realizes that Monroe should not go first. But I thought Bud had the best idea that they should have Juliette sit down.
Having Bud go before Monroe was a really good idea. And the fact that he was so funny was great. You knew Juliette was going to be OK when she snickered under her hand so she wouldn't embarrass him. Then she walks out and then she comes back and wants a drink. I wonder if she did what Hank did and wanted everyone to do it again.

The whole Vienna thing was very curious and interesting. I thought the Gypsy Lady and the Old Hexenbiest were on the same side. Now they are not? or is Adalind playing them against each other. Well, obviously she is scheming something. But maybe she is in over her head. Two scenes with Adalind in her underwear kind of surprised me. I suppose it helped with the ratings.
I think I'm going to have to make a poll on when Adalind gets killed. I didn't think NBC would kill a pregnant woman, but they already have me wondering. I have no idea what the fake passports could mean. Is that big Ferris wheel in Vienna?

I'm a little confused about the Zombie thing. The first couple of zombies took a while to reanimate. Well, we didn't get to see what happened on the bus but it seemed like they turned into Zombies and walked off. But I guess we can imagine a horrible bus crash and then everyone gets sent to the morgue and then they walk out of the morgue and go to the shipping container.. wait that doesn't make sense either. Did the writers leave a plot hole big enough for a bus to drive through? or did i miss something. Maybe it will be explained next week.

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - Jodiann - 05-15-2013

I liked the episode. A good building up to the finale.
Loved how they showed the volga to Juliette Big Grin I started to yelling no no no when she left but was sooo glad she came back. Nice to have bud there too Heart

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - the-epic-prince - 05-15-2013

(05-14-2013, 11:54 PM)Lou Wrote: I'm a little confused about the Zombie thing. The first couple of zombies took a while to reanimate. Well, we didn't get to see what happened on the bus but it seemed like they turned into Zombies and walked off. But I guess we can imagine a horrible bus crash and then everyone gets sent to the morgue and then they walk out of the morgue and go to the shipping container.. wait that doesn't make sense either. Did the writers leave a plot hole big enough for a bus to drive through? or did i miss something. Maybe it will be explained next week.

Maybe the Baron drove the bus?

man, this was a good episode! Bringing Juliette into the know was defiantly the best parts of the episode.

The zombies do appear to be voodoo zombies.

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - NCPhotog - 05-15-2013

Did anyone else notice that the paramedic on the scene with the two "dead" people could have easily passed for Russel Hornsby's (Hank's) brother? I had to rewind it when I first watched it to look again. His name is Harold Warren, Jr. As far as I know, there is no connection between the two men. I thought, for sure, Hornsby had gotten his brother an extra gig. =)

Harold Warren Jr.: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4567091/bio

RE: 2x21 - The Waking Dead - Lou - 05-16-2013

Yeah, it threw me too.

When Nick and Hank leave the house from the first victims, there is a flowering plum tree in full flower. That means they must have shot that scene just a month or two ago. I wonder if there were production problems this year (might explain that one week when there was no episode). They did lose the actress who plays Rosalee for a while while she had a baby. And then there was the actor playing Hank hurting his leg. Anyone hear anything about that?

Shows like this usually like to have a few months lead time for post production. So they probably will start shooting for next season soon. We'll have to keep on the lookout for news on locations.

Do you think they send a crew to vienna? or is that all faked?