Grimm Forum
S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E16 - Heartbreaker (/Thread-S4E16-Heartbreaker)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Hexenadler - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 10:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I go back and forth about this change in N and J's relationship. I feel that Nick could get over Juliette's woge appearance faster than the change in her worldview. Both of them would have to make enormous allowances for the other; just as difficult for one as the other. To a point of having to smother one's real self in order to stay in the relationship. Not so sure that's a good idea for either of them. Hope for them getting back together is hard to maintain for me at this point.

Agreed. Being an overenthusiastic fanboy, I couldn't help envisioning a tragic incident that could inadvertently drive her back to Nick:

In an episode that takes place near the end of season four, or sometime in season five, Juliette's Dad arrives in Portland to visit his daughter for a few days. We find out Juliette has been pushing her former human relatives away, similar to how she's already pushed Nick away. But in the case of Juliette's father, who has no knowledge of the Wesen world, her behavior is doubly confusing and alarming.

An ugly argument breaks out between Juliette and Silverton Sr., and in this scene, we see for ourselves just how much her Hexenbiest nature has achieved dominance as she insults and alienates her clueless father. (An indirect line of dialogue indicates Juliette's Dad has dangerously high blood pressure.) Silverton Sr. walks out of the house, broken and devastated, while Juliette herself is shocked by her own cruelty. Thinking she's alone, she briefly woges to vent her frustration.

But Juliette's Dad hadn't left. Thinking he owed Juliette an apology, he turned around and started heading back to the front door, only to see his beloved daughter transform into a hideous monster through the window. This triggers a devastating bout of cardiac arrest, and he collapses. Hearing her father cry out, Juliette runs outside, only to find her father's body slumped on the ground. We cut to commercial as she desperately administers CPR.

The news of a sobbing woman's 9-1-1 call reaches the Portland police station. Through a series of parallel events, both Nick and Renard discover what happened, but are unable to track down Juliette's whereabouts. When Juliette's father dies in the hospital, both men realize Juliette may bring harm to herself, and the search intensifies.

Soon, a series of reports lead Nick and Renard to Council Crest Park, where they find Juliette pressing a gun against her temple. It's the moment of truth. One badly-timed word or sentence could cause Juliette to pull the trigger. Both men set aside their differences to try and pull her back from the abyss.

Renard is the first to talk. As he continues, we see how Renard's Zauberbiest nature badly inhibits his ability to provide comfort and solace to Juliette. She looks ready to off herself.

Now it's Nick's turn. In one of the most emotionally stirring moments of the show since Ryan Smulson was exposed as a Lebensauger, he recounts everything he and Juliette have already endured over the past four years, and his stubborn refusal to quit on her regardless of how much she has hurt him, or will go on hurting him. He will never leave Juliette's side, simply because (in his words) he's an idiot.

Agonizing seconds tick past. Slowly, Juliette lowers the gun. She and Nick embrace, neither of them uttering another word. Renard watches, a look of quiet resignation on his face, and then walks away.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - wfmyers1207 - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 02:30 AM)J73 Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 10:55 PM)jons245 Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 08:46 PM)Grimmster123 Wrote: The best part of this episode for me was the addition of Prince Kenneth. Ever since they introduced Prince Eric back in Season 2 and Prince Viktor in Season 4, I have been longing for a more hands-on villain who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Finally it seems as though I have gotten my wish and Kenneth looks like a force to be reckoned with. Kenneth comes in guns a blazing and is somehow able to sense that Adalind is pregnant. He also figures out that Sam is playing both sides and is working for both Renard and the Family. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe he has some sort of ability to look into people's minds. Anyway he beats Sam to a bloody pulp and uses him to lure Renard to a paper mill before disposing of him with a gunshot to the chest. He then goes toe to toe with the Captain and thanks to some very timely help from Renard's phantom bleeding puts him on the ground and threatens him to either help the Royal Family locate Diana or die.

On a side note it appears as though the most unsafe job on the show is being Renard's informant, first Sebastian and now Sam, why would anybody want this job anymore?

Anyway back to Kenneth. I've always thought that this show would be better off if one of the Royals was truly villainous and actually wreaked some havoc himself instead of sending wesen to do their job for them. I hope Kenneth sticks around because I really enjoy his character and think he made one hell of a first impression during this episode.

I think Kenneth is also a Grimm.

Now that would be interesting Smile

I thought that was the most important revelation in this episode. Looking at the way he wiped the floor with Renard, I don't think there's any doubt that Prince Kenneth is a Grimm.

And I still think that Juliette came across as a whiny, self-absorbed little b$tch in the entire episode. From her conversation with Renard at the beginning onward. PLEASE, PLEASE kill off her character grimmwriters! Big Grin

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Samsarilian - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 09:05 AM)Sable677 Wrote: Not to mention what will happen when Adalind is revealed to be having Nick's baby. I also am not liking this dark Juliette at all. It seems like it will just continue to get worse and worse especially once everything comes out. Overall good episode though.

If Sean does turn her down this may be what is needed. How does a man break out of the "friends zone" with a woman he truly adores but has seen through several relationships with other men? Hint: Step one date and start talking about another woman. IE make her jealous. If you have never paid that much attention to another woman in her presence you will soon know if there is a chance. If she does not get jealous there is not one.

Nothing is going to make Juliette madder or more jealous at this point than another woman especially the one most responsible for her condition to be pregnant by Nick.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Gretel Hanselsister - 04-04-2015

I just want to give some remarks on words occurring in this episode.
Zack Blumenthal, the first victim. Blumenthal means flower-valley/valley of flowers. Wikipedia knows a lot Blumenthals and there is also an aristocratic family: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blumenthal_%28Adelsgeschlecht%29

So, this could be the fairy tale of the frog prince in reverse: he is the prince, she is the frog. In the original fairy tale the frog is not kissed but tossed against the wall. Another reason why a good defense mechanism can be convenient Cool.

Wesen of the week: Folterseele = torture-soul.
The question remains whose soul is tortured? the Wesen's? The suitor's? Both, I think.

@"Gabriel Senbei" Welcome to the forum!
@Hexenadler I like your fanfic!

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Hexenadler - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 04:08 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: @Hexenadler I like your fanfic!

Thanks, but it's not meant to be fanfic. It's just a suggestion for where the story could go.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - speakeasy - 04-05-2015

(04-04-2015, 11:40 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-04-2015, 10:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I go back and forth about this change in N and J's relationship. I feel that Nick could get over Juliette's woge appearance faster than the change in her worldview. Both of them would have to make enormous allowances for the other; just as difficult for one as the other. To a point of having to smother one's real self in order to stay in the relationship. Not so sure that's a good idea for either of them. Hope for them getting back together is hard to maintain for me at this point.

Agreed. Being an overenthusiastic fanboy, I couldn't help envisioning a tragic incident that could inadvertently drive her back to Nick:

In an episode that takes place near the end of season four, or sometime in season five, Juliette's Dad arrives in Portland to visit his daughter for a few days. We find out Juliette has been pushing her former human relatives away, similar to how she's already pushed Nick away. But in the case of Juliette's father, who has no knowledge of the Wesen world, her behavior is doubly confusing and alarming.

An ugly argument breaks out between Juliette and Silverton Sr., and in this scene, we see for ourselves just how much her Hexenbiest nature has achieved dominance as she insults and alienates her clueless father. (An indirect line of dialogue indicates Juliette's Dad has dangerously high blood pressure.) Silverton Sr. walks out of the house, broken and devastated, while Juliette herself is shocked by her own cruelty. Thinking she's alone, she briefly woges to vent her frustration.

But Juliette's Dad hadn't left. Thinking he owed Juliette an apology, he turned around and started heading back to the front door, only to see his beloved daughter transform into a hideous monster through the window. This triggers a devastating bout of cardiac arrest, and he collapses. Hearing her father cry out, Juliette runs outside, only to find her father's body slumped on the ground. We cut to commercial as she desperately administers CPR.

The news of a sobbing woman's 9-1-1 call reaches the Portland police station. Through a series of parallel events, both Nick and Renard discover what happened, but are unable to track down Juliette's whereabouts. When Juliette's father dies in the hospital, both men realize Juliette may bring harm to herself, and the search intensifies.

Soon, a series of reports lead Nick and Renard to Council Crest Park, where they find Juliette pressing a gun against her temple. It's the moment of truth. One badly-timed word or sentence could cause Juliette to pull the trigger. Both men set aside their differences to try and pull her back from the abyss.

Renard is the first to talk. As he continues, we see how Renard's Zauberbiest nature badly inhibits his ability to provide comfort and solace to Juliette. She looks ready to off herself.

Now it's Nick's turn. In one of the most emotionally stirring moments of the show since Ryan Smulson was exposed as a Lebensauger, he recounts everything he and Juliette have already endured over the past four years, and his stubborn refusal to quit on her regardless of how much she has hurt him, or will go on hurting him. He will never leave Juliette's side, simply because (in his words) he's an idiot.

Agonizing seconds tick past. Slowly, Juliette lowers the gun. She and Nick embrace, neither of them uttering another word. Renard watches, a look of quiet resignation on his face, and then walks away.

Hey, that was kind of brilliant. There's always someone around to add their two cents, though, and here's mine:

Her father doesn't really die, she just thinks so in the scene. Being the cause of her dad's demise is too much. She would have to pay extra for that baggage and there would already be so many obstacles to overcome. But your scenario has every one of the components necessary to enable the couple to rebuild and to restore Juliette's character to its original standing, imo. Smile

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - UndercoverGrimm - 04-05-2015

Starting to get annoyed with juliette. Now she has to sleep with Renard? This is turning into a horrible soap opera lol. Does she forget how upset she was when Nick first told her about him being a grimm? She is a hexenbiest. That would take some time to get use too. Nick is trying to make it work unlike her. Could we move on from Julette and Adaline? Maybe they kill each other off in a duel?

(04-04-2015, 04:08 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: I just want to give some remarks on words occurring in this episode.
Zack Blumenthal, the first victim. Blumenthal means flower-valley/valley of flowers. Wikipedia knows a lot Blumenthals and there is also an aristocratic family: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blumenthal_%28Adelsgeschlecht%29

So, this could be the fairy tale of the frog prince in reverse: he is the prince, she is the frog. In the original fairy tale the frog is not kissed but tossed against the wall. Another reason why a good defense mechanism can be convenient Cool.

Another clever reference to the WoW story, thanks for posting. I was also thinking about name meanings in this episode, and I think Bella Turner could loosely be translated into Beautiful Changer! Smile Thanks for spotting the episode number too, I missed it. They don't seem to include the hidden episode number in every episode; makes it a little more fun when we do see one!

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Hexenadler - 04-05-2015

(04-05-2015, 04:55 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Her father doesn't really die, she just thinks so in the scene. Being the cause of her dad's demise is too much. She would have to pay extra for that baggage and there would already be so many obstacles to overcome. But your scenario has every one of the components necessary to enable the couple to rebuild and to restore Juliette's character to its original standing, imo. Smile

Well, the idea was to somehow "re-humanize" Juliette without necessarily turning her back into a human, and being responsible for the death (or near-death) of someone even closer to her than Nick would probably do a good job of knocking the wind out of her Hexenbiest sails.

And you may have a point about the fate of Juliette's father. An alternate take on the same scene where Nick tells a distraught Juliette that her Dad is still alive could be incredibly moving.

(04-05-2015, 01:35 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 04:55 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Her father doesn't really die, she just thinks so in the scene. Being the cause of her dad's demise is too much. She would have to pay extra for that baggage and there would already be so many obstacles to overcome. But your scenario has every one of the components necessary to enable the couple to rebuild and to restore Juliette's character to its original standing, imo. Smile

Well, the idea was to somehow "re-humanize" Juliette without necessarily turning her back into a human, and being responsible for the death (or near-death) of someone even closer to her than Nick would probably do a good job of knocking the wind out of her Hexenbiest sails.

And you may have a point about the fate of Juliette's father. An alternate take on the same scene where Nick tells a distraught Juliette that her Dad is still alive could be incredibly moving.

If she can transform herself, perhaps by sheer will, into at least a semblance of her original self, I'm on board. Because this fan admired her all the way around and thought she was a very good fit for Nick. What your scenario proposes lines up with that, I think, maybe with some eyes-wide-open acceptance by Nick of some fundamental changes in her because the hexenbiest will not be denied; it's just too strong. Think the fans want her to stay a hexenbiest also because of the exciting possibilities.

I'm hitting a wall on the hexenbiest residing in Juliette only because right now, it seems to be truly taking over and the old Juliette is disappearing. In essence we have a new person presently.