Grimm Forum
S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E16 - Heartbreaker (/Thread-S4E16-Heartbreaker)

Pages: 1 2 3

S4E16 - Heartbreaker - GrimmForum - 04-03-2015

Season 4 Episode 16
Heartbreaker

[Image: IrUvt3ml.jpg]

Air Date: April 3, 2015

Synopsis: A cyclist's homicide introduces Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) to a Wesen with a tragic fatal touch. Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) and Adalind (Claire Coffee) learn the Royals have stepped up their efforts to find their child, and another member of the Royal family (guest star Nico Evers-Swindell) is introduced. Meanwhile, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) ponders the idea of embracing what she's become as opposed to fighting it. Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Grimmster123 - 04-03-2015

The best part of this episode for me was the addition of Prince Kenneth. Ever since they introduced Prince Eric back in Season 2 and Prince Viktor in Season 4, I have been longing for a more hands-on villain who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Finally it seems as though I have gotten my wish and Kenneth looks like a force to be reckoned with. Kenneth comes in guns a blazing and is somehow able to sense that Adalind is pregnant. He also figures out that Sam is playing both sides and is working for both Renard and the Family. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe he has some sort of ability to look into people's minds. Anyway he beats Sam to a bloody pulp and uses him to lure Renard to a paper mill before disposing of him with a gunshot to the chest. He then goes toe to toe with the Captain and thanks to some very timely help from Renard's phantom bleeding puts him on the ground and threatens him to either help the Royal Family locate Diana or die.

On a side note it appears as though the most unsafe job on the show is being Renard's informant, first Sebastian and now Sam, why would anybody want this job anymore?

Anyway back to Kenneth. I've always thought that this show would be better off if one of the Royals was truly villainous and actually wreaked some havoc himself instead of sending wesen to do their job for them. I hope Kenneth sticks around because I really enjoy his character and think he made one hell of a first impression during this episode.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - jons245 - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 08:46 PM)Grimmster123 Wrote: The best part of this episode for me was the addition of Prince Kenneth. Ever since they introduced Prince Eric back in Season 2 and Prince Viktor in Season 4, I have been longing for a more hands-on villain who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Finally it seems as though I have gotten my wish and Kenneth looks like a force to be reckoned with. Kenneth comes in guns a blazing and is somehow able to sense that Adalind is pregnant. He also figures out that Sam is playing both sides and is working for both Renard and the Family. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe he has some sort of ability to look into people's minds. Anyway he beats Sam to a bloody pulp and uses him to lure Renard to a paper mill before disposing of him with a gunshot to the chest. He then goes toe to toe with the Captain and thanks to some very timely help from Renard's phantom bleeding puts him on the ground and threatens him to either help the Royal Family locate Diana or die.

On a side note it appears as though the most unsafe job on the show is being Renard's informant, first Sebastian and now Sam, why would anybody want this job anymore?

Anyway back to Kenneth. I've always thought that this show would be better off if one of the Royals was truly villainous and actually wreaked some havoc himself instead of sending wesen to do their job for them. I hope Kenneth sticks around because I really enjoy his character and think he made one hell of a first impression during this episode.

I think Kenneth is also a Grimm.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - J73 - 04-04-2015

(04-03-2015, 10:55 PM)jons245 Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 08:46 PM)Grimmster123 Wrote: The best part of this episode for me was the addition of Prince Kenneth. Ever since they introduced Prince Eric back in Season 2 and Prince Viktor in Season 4, I have been longing for a more hands-on villain who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Finally it seems as though I have gotten my wish and Kenneth looks like a force to be reckoned with. Kenneth comes in guns a blazing and is somehow able to sense that Adalind is pregnant. He also figures out that Sam is playing both sides and is working for both Renard and the Family. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe he has some sort of ability to look into people's minds. Anyway he beats Sam to a bloody pulp and uses him to lure Renard to a paper mill before disposing of him with a gunshot to the chest. He then goes toe to toe with the Captain and thanks to some very timely help from Renard's phantom bleeding puts him on the ground and threatens him to either help the Royal Family locate Diana or die.

I think Kenneth is also a Grimm.

Now that would be interesting Smile

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Hexenadler - 04-04-2015

(04-03-2015, 08:46 PM)Grimmster123 Wrote: Anyway back to Kenneth. I've always thought that this show would be better off if one of the Royals was truly villainous and actually wreaked some havoc himself instead of sending wesen to do their job for them. I hope Kenneth sticks around because I really enjoy his character and think he made one hell of a first impression during this episode.

I think Kenneth is a little too much of a "pretty boy" to make a genuinely intimidating villain, but I do like that accent. Cool Personally I'm hoping he's dispatched before season 4 is over.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - speakeasy - 04-04-2015

Where to start. At the ending this time maybe. Three weeks later. For some reason Hermit singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" pops into my mind. Bella looks scaly and bumpy, but still lovely somehow. Well, they said there may be after affects and it might not end there. Three more weeks and she may develop suction cups on her hand and feet. And not to put too fine a point on things, but I kept thinking goldfish when she woged. That is the most cartoony wesen I can remember, but very good.

And Grandma's method of preventing the death of future passionate suitors is to reduce to appeal of her offspring by disfiguring their faces with a big honking branding iron. So big she would almost have to ask them to 'hold still or it'll get the eye' - bit of overkill there, imo.

Excellent episode, though. Good WOW story and the overarching story got advanced. I just hate Kenneth, he's a barbarous murderer, who is so arrogant you just want to smash him in the face. Big Grin He seems to get things done, however, and that's always a plus in an employee, haha. Of course, the real reason he has my animosity is because of what he did to Renard. I'm so worried about him. Events are converging in such a dangerous way.

Juliette was always lean, now she's mean and lean. She's really scary. This is a very dark time for Nick and her, and it's going to spill over to include everyone in the gang, I fear. Find myself wondering if the big story is going to change.

Adalind goes from not knowing she's pregnant to looking like she's about to deliver in one episode, how'd that happen. Can't imagine the awful complications that will result from this catastrophe. Sad

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Hexenadler - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 07:19 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Where to start. At the ending this time maybe. Three weeks later. For some reason Hermit singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" pops into my mind. Bella looks scaly and bumpy, but still lovely somehow. Well, they said there may be after affects and it might not end there. Three more weeks and she may develop suction cups on her hand and feet. And not to put too fine a point on things, but I kept thinking goldfish when she woged. That is the most cartoony wesen I can remember, but very good.

See, this scene is just another example of what Nick and Juliette should be TRYING to do with their relationship. Bella's new boyfriend accepts her deformity with such amazing ease, it makes the earlier sequence of Nick's discomfort around Juliette look positively pathetic in comparison. (Then again, Bitsie has confirmed in an interview her character was being influenced by her new witchy disposition, so that didn't help matters, either.)

This is why I'm inclined to believe Juliette will remain a Hexenbiest for the duration of the show, but she and Nick will eventually be drawn together again. Of course, you know what they say about assuming anything...Rolleyes

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Sable677 - 04-04-2015

I liked the episode but it wasn't a favorite. The case was interesting, and I enjoyed seeing Nick, Hank, Wu, Rosalee, and Monroe handling the case. I was really glad that Nick told Hank the truth because he needs someone to talk to. Adalind once again brought humor to the show that was a bright spot as she claimed Victor was the father then got shot down. I loved Kenneth's introduction, and I am looking forward to seeing what happens next. Sean is one of my favorite characters, but I enjoyed seeing him get a real villain to face. I am really disappointed with how this Juliette story will change the Nick and Sean relationship. I really enjoyed the development of Nick and Sean working together grudgingly to the mutual respect that developed between them. I loved seeing my two favorite characters build a strong relationship based on mutual respect and need of each other's help. Hate seeing that going all down the drain. Not to mention what will happen when Adalind is revealed to be having Nick's baby. I also am not liking this dark Juliette at all. It seems like it will just continue to get worse and worse especially once everything comes out. Overall good episode though.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - Gabriel Senbei - 04-04-2015

I would like to say, that I actually feel very distraught with the whole Nick and Juliet saga. Its really sad where the relationship is going, it seems that the Hexenbeiest side is taking over her.

One of of the main reasons I was really into the show was the loving relationship that they were in and how they pulled together. It felt like how crazy there world got or even mine that there was something solid. You have someone to rely on. I really dont know why the writers decided to go down this direction, does this mean Juliet is now going to become Seans girlfriend. Im sure that the darkside of Juliet will have no problems sharing her tryst with Sean to Nick.

The reality is that in this day age most people are single for a multitude of reasons, however I and perhaps other always long for a solid relationship that seems to be a mere fallacy as time goes by (divorce, infidelity, pressures of work/life balance, finances. expectations). Going back this relationship between Nick and Juliet was a nice cosy comfort zone. None of the characters come across obnoxious (like most shows these days), they are people that you could genuinely like and want to relate to. So now they have broken that relationship there is no actually draw to the show itself.

It seems in the next episode she will sleep with Sean and this will defiantly signify an end to her relationship with Nick. Where is this going is Nick still expected to stand by her and say that he still loves her.

Even if Roseline is able to mixup some kind of potion or magic will she come back to being normal. Would she even want to go back to being normal considering how powerful she is, this opens up a whole new world of possibilities for her.

I actually feel sad about this and I dont even see the point in watching the show anymore. One of the main attractions to the show was the cosy feeling that it gave you, there nice house in Portland Oregon, the nice friends that they had and the warm feeling it gave you.

I think it wouldve been alot cooler to have Nick and Juliet team up or maybe they try to work together through this, however Juliet has totally pushed him away. Its as if she has become lobotomized, should we be rooting for her considering that she has gone against the main protagonist of the show.

I think the writers are going to let Juliet have some guilt free fun and then maybe in the next season she might return to normal, however by then alot of fans might have stopped caring.

RE: S4E16 - Heartbreaker - speakeasy - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 07:33 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-04-2015, 07:19 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Where to start. At the ending this time maybe. Three weeks later. For some reason Hermit singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" pops into my mind. Bella looks scaly and bumpy, but still lovely somehow. Well, they said there may be after affects and it might not end there. Three more weeks and she may develop suction cups on her hand and feet. And not to put too fine a point on things, but I kept thinking goldfish when she woged. That is the most cartoony wesen I can remember, but very good.

See, this scene is just another example of what Nick and Juliette should be TRYING to do with their relationship. Bella's new boyfriend accepts her deformity with such amazing ease, it makes the earlier sequence of Nick's discomfort around Juliette look positively pathetic in comparison. (Then again, Bitsie has confirmed in an interview her character was being influenced by her new witchy disposition, so that didn't help matters, either.)

This is why I'm inclined to believe Juliette will remain a Hexenbiest for the duration of the show, but she and Nick will eventually be drawn together again. Of course, you know what they say about assuming anything...Rolleyes

I go back and forth about this change in N and J's relationship. I feel that Nick could get over Juliette's woge appearance faster than the change in her worldview. Both of them would have to make enormous allowances for the other; just as difficult for one as the other. To a point of having to smother one's real self in order to stay in the relationship. Not so sure that's a good idea for either of them. Hope for them getting back together is hard to maintain for me at this point.

If somehow Juliette evolves into a less generally angry-at-the-world wesen/person and adopts a tolerance, if not an willingness, for playing well with others (maybe something like Renard), things could work out between them. But one thing that I've observed about all the Hexenbiests and Zauberbiests on Grimm is that none of them has ever been shown to be in a lasting relationship; mostly they seem to be on their own by choice.

In spite of all my concerns, I'm pulling for them to end up together. It would sure jar my world if this breakup is permanent!