Grimm Forum
S4E14 - Bad Luck - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E14 - Bad Luck (/Thread-S4E14-Bad-Luck)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Lou - 03-21-2015

(03-21-2015, 08:03 PM)Gaultheria Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 02:50 PM)Stephanie Fay Wrote: Is it just me, or did anyone else have deja vu when watching this episode?

The part where Victim Girl used Rabbit Hunter's iron bar against him was similar to 2.03 Bad Moon Rising. And they did the classic-style woge, where the actor looks away and pauses dramatically for the important few seconds.

I didn't have deja vu. And I'm not sure what part of it did that for you.

Just last week we had horny teenagers getting into big trouble.

As far as the villain, goes, there have been many episodes where the nasty wesson killed innocnent victims. But this epi seems more direct than most.

Bad moon rising involved a teenage girl getting kidnapped. but the rest of the show was pretty different.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Secret Keeper - 03-21-2015

(03-21-2015, 08:21 PM)syscrash Wrote: But from reading the synopsis...

Do you mean synopses of future episodes? Because I do everything I can to avoid reading anything about what will be coming up later.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Pontiac Dude - 03-21-2015

What a bunch of whinners. If the episodes are so bad, why don't ya turn it off and go back to watch those stupid reality TV shows everyone thinks are real. Getting to be a dumb down society. Wink
I like em. Think the writers are doing a hellava job with twists and turns every week. Great sries.
People bitchin about the loosing a foot deal. Let's see. saw it in Bones, NCIS and various other series. Same deal just a different format and more in line with this storyline then those others. LOL. Wu throwin the barbs fits his character to a tee. Why people seem to have a hard on for Juliette is beyond me. I think she plays a great role for the character she is given. She has been thru more different storyline changes then all the others combined and pulls it off.
Keep the different Grimm like characters doing battle against Nick and the crew. Breaks up the long term story. Gives each character a role in the series. Must be hard to keep coming up with creative new no overall storyline stories week after week. Keep em coming and can't wait to see where the new baby is going to lead. Cool

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Gretel Hanselsister - 03-22-2015

(03-21-2015, 02:50 PM)Stephanie Fay Wrote: Is it just me, or did anyone else have deja vu when watching this episode? I swear I have seen this story line before. I am going to lose sleep over this. Does anyone know what I am talking about, or am I crazy?

Dodgy

Welcome to the forum! The Willahara, at least Peter, looked a lot like a Seelenguter to me, the sheep-like Wesen in "The good shepherd" S2E05. And the look of their hunter, the Leporem Venator, is not too far from what a Blutbad looks like, so perhaps the story reminded you of this episode.

(03-21-2015, 05:11 PM)Elkhound Wrote: The nurse was, I think, a Hundjaeger. (Would the feminine be 'hundjaegerine'? Or what's the German for 'female dog', and does it have the same connotation as the English one?)

[Image: 414nursemiu76.jpg]

Yes, she could be Hundjäger. I’d expect more fur in the face and the ears a bit more pointed, but this might be individually different. Hundjäger translates with dog-hunter, the female dog-huntress Huh would be a Hundjägerin.

I’d like to quote myself, it’s something I wrote on 05-17-2014:
Quote: In the end, Adalinds marries Nick, she’s pregnant anyway

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Hexenadler - 03-22-2015

(03-21-2015, 11:03 PM)Pontiac Dude Wrote: What a bunch of whinners. If the episodes are so bad, why don't ya turn it off and go back to watch those stupid reality TV shows everyone thinks are real. Getting to be a dumb down society. Wink

I've seen this sort of thing before, and it often leads to a flame war. If you post anything less than a glowing review of a television episode, you're automatically labelled a "whiner." It's a cheap, underhanded way of shutting down an opinion, and should be discouraged whenever possible.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - busyizzy - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 05:11 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 11:03 PM)Pontiac Dude Wrote: What a bunch of whinners. If the episodes are so bad, why don't ya turn it off and go back to watch those stupid reality TV shows everyone thinks are real. Getting to be a dumb down society. Wink

I've seen this sort of thing before, and it often leads to a flame war. If you post anything less than a glowing review of a television episode, you're automatically labelled a "whiner." It's a cheap, underhanded way of shutting down an opinion, and should be discouraged whenever possible.

Totally agreed, @Hexenadler. The entire purpose of this forum is to share opinions whether they mesh with our own or not. I try very hard to NOT take an opinion about a show and transfer it to other people. The forum IS about the show; it is not about the forum members and/or ATTACKING (edited this) their differing opinions.

This is the first time in 4 1/2 seasons I have not like an episode. I'm allowed to say that. Period. Any one of us is allowed to say that. Calling people names is just so very 2nd grade. It's much more difficult, and apparently challenging, to have intelligent discourse.

@Lou...you are correct about the build-up to this episode. Perhaps I mentally set the bar too high for this first episode after the hiatus. I am going to watch S4E13 and S4E14 towards the middle of the week (maybe Thursday) to lead up to Friday to see if I feel differently. I like to keep an open mind about my fav show.

Cheers!

(03-21-2015, 09:04 PM)Lou Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 08:03 PM)Gaultheria Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 02:50 PM)Stephanie Fay Wrote: Is it just me, or did anyone else have deja vu when watching this episode?

The part where Victim Girl used Rabbit Hunter's iron bar against him was similar to 2.03 Bad Moon Rising. And they did the classic-style woge, where the actor looks away and pauses dramatically for the important few seconds.

I didn't have deja vu. And I'm not sure what part of it did that for you.
Just last week we had horny teenagers getting into big trouble....As far as the villain, goes, there have been many episodes where the nasty wesson killed innocnent victims. But this epi seems more direct than most.....Bad moon rising involved a teenage girl getting kidnapped. but the rest of the show was pretty different.

Not sure I had a feeling of deja vu so much as...just familiarity with the Portland area and how the Grimm directors/producers use it now. Besides the others listed above, there are a lot of Grimm episodes where women or girls get into trouble in the forest: the first episode where the little girl in Red is taken to the cottage by the big bad wolf who fattens her up with pot pies, the feral Rapunzel character, the pregnant Glühenvolk who had her little blue baby in another cottage in the woods, and even TRubel got into trouble in her first episode by running into the woods to escape her assailants, to name a few more.

The deep dark forests (and the little mystical cottages) are huge in both Grimm the show and in Grimm fairy tales. This is what I see over and over again. Perhaps that repetitive theme gave you a bit of the chillywillies? Smile

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Samsarilian - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 05:11 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:

Not going to disagree with you this time Hexenadler. Forums are supposed to be about debate and opinions. I would find the world very boring if everyone agreed with me all the time and I am not someone who sidles up to people by telling them they are right if I feel they are not.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Lou - 03-22-2015

Just to make sure this concept is clear.
Debating a topic or an idea is good.
Insulting a person is bad.
Mmm, K?

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Samsarilian - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 01:06 PM)Lou Wrote: Just to make sure this concept is clear.
Mmm, K?

seconded.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - busyizzy - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 01:06 PM)Lou Wrote: Just to make sure this concept is clear.
Mmm, K?

Totally agreed, @Lou. I think you and I have had discourse via email about some of this in the past. There is a huge chasm between voicing a different or dissenting opinion and making a situation ABOUT the people who voiced them.

....I thought you were writing a haiku there for a moment. *Winks.

Glad to see you back actively involved in the threads!