Grimm Forum
S4E14 - Bad Luck - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E14 - Bad Luck (/Thread-S4E14-Bad-Luck)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Stephanie Fay - 03-21-2015

Is it just me, or did anyone else have deja vu when watching this episode? I swear I have seen this story line before. I am going to lose sleep over this. Does anyone know what I am talking about, or am I crazy?

Dodgy

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Samsarilian - 03-21-2015

(03-21-2015, 12:38 PM)Secret Keeper Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 08:40 AM)Fuchsbauer Wrote: Did anybody else notice how he used the accordion to lure in his victims?

Yes.

Quote:When Juliette woged and tried to have Nick kiss her, I think we saw the first inkling of her turning dark because of what she is.

I was mainly thinking she doesn't even have lips.

I was looking at her teeth and wandering the same thing. Anyone else have flashbacks to a first kiss and the awkwardness figuring out what to do about teeth and noses and then think at least she (he if your female) had a nose.

Other than this I really am not sure what to think about were they seem to be taking this. The character of Juliette has always been supported in the role of Nicks girl, and in some cases that was extremely grudgingly... I do not think it would be wise of the writers to break them up. And the person who mentioned this seems to be turning to a soap opera is right. I had to watch soaps as a kid and hated them. I hope this does not go that way.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Sable677 - 03-21-2015

I enjoyed the episode. The Nick/Juliette stuff played better than I thought, but I was a little upset at how Juliette tried to force Nick to kiss her while woged. Nick had one day to come to terms with this, and Juliette still has problems with it (seeing her arm with Nick's ring on it). I'm not sure where they are going with this story especially adding Renard back in the mix. Nick and Renard are in such a difference place now than season two, and throwing Adalind into it as well really makes a mess. Adalind having Nick's baby complicates things even more now that she has two kids in danger and two different baby daddies to deal with. All I can think is wait till Kelly finds out.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Hexenadler - 03-21-2015

(03-21-2015, 12:38 PM)Secret Keeper Wrote: I was mainly thinking she doesn't even have lips.

I can't help putting myself in Nick's shoes for a moment. Kissing a fully woged Hexenbiest would definitely be...interesting. Crossing that weird barrier between gross and kinky. (Yeah, this is where my mind can go if I let it.) Confused

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Elkhound - 03-21-2015

I liked how the rabbit-girl went on the attack. Rabbits may prefer to run or hide, but if cornered, a rabbit WILL fight, and they have sharp teeth and claws.

The nurse was, I think, a Hundjaeger. (Would the feminine be 'hundjaegerine'? Or what's the German for 'female dog', and does it have the same connotation as the English one?)

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - busyizzy - 03-21-2015

I just disliked this episode entirely. I've watched it three times now because I never fully dislike a Grimm episode. There's ALWAYS something I like, and the best parts of this episode were just meh to me. I don't know why it didn't resonate with me on ANY level. My thoughts are:

1. Dear Juliette, so is twenty-four hours enough time for Nick to come to terms with your H'biest status? Really? You screamed your head off in such a dramatic moment when you saw yourself woged, they made a GIF out of it. Let's face it, Nick didn't physically change when he became a Grimm. In fact, his physicality (and endurance) improved, especially after zombification. Apples and oranges, m'dear. You have no face; even when Sean and Adalind were getting it on while he woged, there was no snogging. Give the poor guy some time. You took plenty of time yourself AND Nick stuck it out with you even though you didn't remember him for months and months.
2. Henrietta is a creep...and the fact that she is an equal opportunity helpmate to ANYONE who asks her means I will never trust her. Also, now that Sean is tempted by Adalind again really ensures that he and Nick are going to go head-to-head.
3. Adalind's baby scenario....so over-the-top ridiculous. Thank you, Grimm writers for going to the "Bold and the Hairy" because as "The Wesen Turns" the "Young and the Senseless" only prove these are "The Days of the Life of a Grimm." Nail head hit--soap opera. Also, another potential reason Nick and Sean will go head-to-head.
4. WoW wasn't horrible, just not fully-formed. I've thought many times this season that, to do justice to all the balls in the air, the WoW should go to a two-episode format to fully form the story. This allows all story arcs to be well-written and to advance. There could have been so much more done with all the rabbit literature references and character formation.
5. Nice hook by Rosalee! Chica CAN fight. She and Monroe...my heroes of this episode and, somehow, they ended up being the sane, quiet port in the storm.

Does anyone get the feeling that the writers are almost forsaking season 4 just to figure out how to end the series in season 5? This was in the back of my mind more than once during my (multi) viewing of this episode.

Just sigh.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Samsarilian - 03-21-2015

(03-21-2015, 05:26 PM)busyizzy Wrote: I just disliked this episode entirely. I've watched it three times now because I never fully dislike a Grimm episode. There's ALWAYS something I like, and the best parts of this episode were just meh to me. I don't know why it didn't resonate with me on ANY level.

Does anyone get the feeling that the writers are almost forsaking season 4 just to figure out how to end the series in season 5? This was in the back of my mind more than once during my (multi) viewing of this episode.

Just sigh.

does feel like it atm

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Lou - 03-21-2015

I have mixed feelings about this episode. Didn't love it. Didn't hate it.
I feel like I shouldn't be too hard on it, though. A month's worth of anticipation made the bar pretty high.

Thought the Peter Rabbit was just too obvious. when we first saw Peter Woge, I thought he was a sheep. And I couldn't understand how a sheep could be on track. but i decided that Wesson could have attributes in their human form that their animal forms don't have. But then the track star turns out to be a rabbit and is being hunted for his lucky rabbits foot. Combined with the name Peter, and i just groaned.
Anyway, shouldn't his foot return to human form when he dies? Eh, no big deal. We shouldn't get too carried away with internal consistency. Besides, there are a few ways the writers could fix this.

Nick and Hank do some good police work in this episode, too.

I thought the writers made more questions than answers. Question: how does Nick react to Juliette's revelation. answer: not too bad.

But then I thought Juliette sort of screws the whole thing up. Well, it does create a whole new plot thread and a lot of conflict and a lot of need for resolution. Knowing these writers - it will take weeks for this to get resolved.

New question: Is Juliette's condition really permanent? I'm not sure we were meant to trust Henrietta in the first place but now I really don't trust her. of course, now the question is, should Juliette? Should Nick?

and then there is the whole Renard/ Adalind twist. Adalind had some good points back in the car. Plus she has that Hexienbiest Mojo. But will Renard be swayed by it. We never know with that guy. He plays it pretty close to the vest. But he is just a Ziegerbiest, and Diana is his child, and Adalind is his former lover. So who knows.

Ohmygosh! Adalind is pregnant with Nicks kid!! How come we didn't see that coming? And it is so in character for her. She goes and sleeps with her nemesis and doesn't use any protection. Birth control, or spell or diaphram or whatever. Well, it is in character for her. How many times in this forum have we stated that Adalind has got to be the dumbest Hexienbiest ever?!

we can assume that Nick, through Rosalee is going to contact the Wesson council about the couple who bought the lucky rabbit's foot. Will this change anything with the Wesson council? That's an issue that sort of just got left hanging/ At least for now.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - Gaultheria - 03-21-2015

(03-21-2015, 02:50 PM)Stephanie Fay Wrote: Is it just me, or did anyone else have deja vu when watching this episode?

The part where Victim Girl used Rabbit Hunter's iron bar against him was similar to 2.03 Bad Moon Rising. And they did the classic-style woge, where the actor looks away and pauses dramatically for the important few seconds.

RE: S4E14 - Bad Luck - syscrash - 03-21-2015

Juliettes reaction was more for herself then for Nick. More of her confirming to her self they will never see each other the same. The problem is Nicks guilt and his holding on to trying to fix it. Just like Nick accepts wesen as people, He should be able to accept Juliette. Nick does not see or relate to Monroe any different then Hank or Wu. The big problem is , Henrietta pushed Nick by only looking at him. That will make Nick back off of all hexenbiest. Even Sean has stated that Adalind is good after she pushes him to get something. I would hope that Sean as a friend would give Nick some pointers on being with a hexenbiest. I am wondering if being a hexenbiest will make Juliette a player in the conflict between the Royals, Resistance, and the Council. Up to this point she was a bystander. Only involved because she was the girlfriend.
If she is a player she is going to need allies. I thank Juliette's temper is going to frighten Rosalee. Juliette is getting more and more angry and it is starting to show. But from reading the synopsis it looks like Juliette is not involved in any of the Royal Diana conflict. Each mention is of Adalind and Sean working together. Is she going to spend her time being a thorn in Adalinds side. It doesn't look like she will help on any cases. I don't think Juliette will get involved with the Royal conflict. We she Juliette stays at Seans but with Adalind working with Sean do Adalind and Juliette draw a truss. They must if She stays at Sean's any amount of time. Here is the problem Trubel and Kelly are returning. For that you need Juliettes house. Is Nick going to sleep on the couch. I would like to think that they come to and understanding. I just can't imagine Nick giving up easily and moving out.