Grimm Forum
What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 4 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 (/Thread-What-we-know-Speculation-on-seond-half-of-Season-4)

Pages: 1 2

What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - Grimmster123 - 01-06-2015

Haven't posted anything in awhile because I've been busy with the holidays and there hasn't been any new episodes but I figured I'd start a thread about what spoilers we know about the second half of the season and to provide a thread for others to speculate on what direction the show is going to take when the show returns.

We know that Arnold Vosloo will be dropping by in an early 2015 episode as Jonathon Wilde, a manticore bounty hunter working for the Wesen Council. I'm hoping that he will be charged with tracking down and murdering members of the Secundum Naturae Ordinem Wesen since it was stated by Rosalee in a previous episode (I believe it was Highway of Tears) that wesen purity organizations are mostly outlawed by the Wesen Council with some members disagreeing with that rule.

Garcelle Beauvais begins a recurring role in Episode 11 as Henrietta a hexenbiest and longtime family friend of Captain Renard. With his own mother out looking for baby Diana I assume that Henrietta will be put in charge of either coming up with some way to reverse what has been done to Juliette or training her to use her powers. Either way it will be nice to see another powerful hexenbiest on the show that knows what they're doing.

I personally hope that they don't run this Monroe's life in danger arc for too long. I mean it will be good for a couple episodes but if it consumes most of the second half I will be really disappointed.

I'm holding out hope that we might see Trubel again at some point in Season 2 (maybe the finale) because I thought she was great from the beginning and I liked having her team up with Bud and Josh well Nick, Hank, and Monroe investigated cases, the storylines complemented each other so well.

Juliette becoming a hexenbiest was a nice surprise. I didn't think that she was pregnant because they've already done that story arc before but I definitely wasn't expecting her to become a wesen. That was a nice little cliffhanger for the midseason finale and I'm curious to see where they take it.

What do you guys think will happen in the second half of the season?

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - syscrash - 01-06-2015

When you mentioned the introduction of Jonathon Wilde member of the wesen council. Could this become a problem for Juliette now that she is wesen. Putting Nick on the other side of the council to protect Juliette. If he steps out side of the law dealing with the hate group that could also make him enemy of the state, enemy of the FBI. Basically he would be like his mother on the run. I could see the show going in that direction. The same as how Trubel was introduced going from place to place fighting wesen.

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - speakeasy - 01-06-2015

I haven't actually read any source items, other than what little has been posted here, on Juliette's being a hexenbiest. But it seems like she really is one and I am disappointed. Sad Not at all in favor of that storyline because I think we need 'regular humans' in the mix to balance the population of Portland's Wesen/Grimm world. That would leave only Hank and Drew as RH's (counting only major characters in that number). But I've reached the stage of choosing my battles carefully and have prepared myself to getting used to that flawless face morphing into a nightmarish visage that '"only another hexenbiest could love", to paraphrase an old saw Exclamation

Renard told Tavitian that there was a mole in the ranks of the Resistance; and that was the reason the Royals knew of the original plan to relocate Adalind and Diana to South America. I think the writer's are going to go somewhere with that and would like to see someone we already know being exposed as a traitor to the Cause. It could be for instance, Mia Gaudot, Renard's old flame, or although unlikely, Tavitian himself, - or someone closer to home, like Franco or Harper, the PPB ME. Or perhaps Chavez or one of her agents (another FBI infiltration by the Royals, egad); Sebastein didn't trust Meisner, so maybe him. Just so it's someone who has been portrayed as not being associated with the Royals.

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - syscrash - 01-08-2015

would be interesting to see a poll of who will be the first character to see juliette woge. I would think it would be Rosale, because she was so supportive when showing Juliette what a woge is. Problem with this idea is the lack of drama. This is such a big revelation I can't see it not being attached to a lot of drama. Bringing Sean into the loop would create the most amount of drama. Nick feeling betrayed for her telling Sean instead of him. Telling Rosale or Monroe first would not be a big deal, there her friends. With Juliette keeping it a secret Nick will know something is wrong with her. If see sneaks around with Rosalee no big deal, he writes it of as a girl thing. Sneak around with Sean will result in jealousy.
I would think she would call her friend Alicia the Fucsbau. Especially after the big scene in "Eyes of the Beholder" where Alicia apologizes to Juliette for not telling her she was a Fucsbau. Where Juliette replies she understands. Now the the shoe is on the other foot, is it not hypocritical to think Alicia would not understand.

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - busyizzy - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 07:50 PM)syscrash Wrote: would be interesting to see a poll of who will be the first character to see juliette woge. I would think it would be Rosale, because she was so supportive when showing Juliette what a woge is. Problem with this idea is the lack of drama. This is such a big revelation I can't see it not being attached to a lot of drama. Bringing Sean into the loop would create the most amount of drama. Nick feeling betrayed for her telling Sean instead of him. Telling Rosale or Monroe first would not be a big deal, there her friends. With Juliette keeping it a secret Nick will know something is wrong with her. If see sneaks around with Rosalee no big deal, he writes it of as a girl thing. Sneak around with Sean will result in jealousy.
I would think she would call her friend Alicia the Fucsbau. Especially after the big scene in "Eyes of the Beholder" where Alicia apologizes to Juliette for not telling her she was a Fucsbau. Where Juliette replies she understands. Now the the shoe is on the other foot, is it not hypocritical to think Alicia would not understand.

While I am not necessarily disappointed that the storyline has gone with Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest, I don't think it is a good move for a long-term or permanent storyline.

Firstly, the show needs to depict human beings as strong and knowledgeable. It seems as though humans are often considered less than Wesen, crazy when they learn of Wesen, and sometimes even prey. IMHO this doesn't work for Grimm since the really great part of this show is this "other" society is living, working, and breathing AMONG regular humans. This isn't supposed to be an alien or alternative universe. Let's keep the humans as humans, Grimm writers!

Secondly, with all the birth complications of inter-species coupling, what happens with a Wesen and a Grimm? I would assume there would be no future children for Nick & Juliette. I mean, how would that work? Nick and Juliette have trouble protecting themselves so how would they protect any children especially if they remained in one city.

Thirdly, while I like @syscrash's different drama scenarios, there is one thing missing about them all. Juliette wasn't born a Wesen; she was made a Wesen. I would think this changes the possibilities within the storyline beyond the obvious. Does she hate/resent it? Would her vet practice be upset since animals can somewhat sense Wesen? What are the repercussions of humans, Wesen, and Royals all finding out it is possible to create Wesen from humans? Wouldn't the Wesen Council be very concerned about all this?

So many possibilities...

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - syscrash - 01-09-2015

The show left the human wesen interaction from the very beginning. So having another wesen on the show would not upset the balance.

The wesen community would not have a problem with a human hexenbiest combination, Sean is an example of it being tolerated.

Knowing anyone can become a hexenbiest is not a problem. That knowledge was tested when Adalind as a human became a hexenbiest again.

Juliette's practice would not be a problem, Adalind had a cat.

Juliette and Nick having a baby would not be a problem. Nick being a Grimm they already know the child would not be normal, adding hexenbiest to the mix would not be that big a leap of acceptance. I mean Nick mom is raising a hexenbiest that is not even hers.

Where I see the problem is "Magic has a Price" for Juliette to stop being a hexenbiest will take magic which will have a price. It is the price that Juliette will have to consider.
The price could be Nick giving up his Grimm since thats how she became a hexenbiest.

The bigger question is what does Juliette being a hexenbiest do to the show.
Considering the show so far, none of the show changing events have been permanent. Neither the memory loss, being a zombie, even having a baby was written out of the show.

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - eastofnowhere - 01-09-2015

My 2cents, I have doubts about Renards true allegiance so Juliette as hexenbiest would be a good thing for the Grimm gang with her ability to cast spells-knowing the side effects before it has been cast.

I also wonder how Renard is going to juggle so many sides, working with Nick and Resistance against Royals, working against Nick and Resistance for the baby. That is going to be interesting.

Interested to know who has the last key. Is it going to surface this season or the next?

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - wfmyers1207 - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 05:50 AM)eastofnowhere Wrote: My 2cents, I have doubts about Renards true allegiance so Juliette as hexenbiest would be a good thing for the Grimm gang with her ability to cast spells-knowing the side effects before it has been cast.

I also wonder how Renard is going to juggle so many sides, working with Nick and Resistance against Royals, working against Nick and Resistance for the baby. That is going to be interesting.

Interested to know who has the last key. Is it going to surface this season or the next?

According to JK at Comic-Con the last key will surface this season and the hidden whatever will be found in season 5, if there is one.

For what its' worth; I'm totally against this Juliette is a real hexenbitch now. I really don't see how that storyline is going to work out very well.
I mean can any human be turned into any kind of wesen? Could Rosalee be turned into a hexenbiest? Or is it only normal human females who can be changed? This has never happened before in history? Or has it happened many times before and is the source of the stories of women joining covens and "becoming" witches?

That doesn't even include her relationship with Nick. She thought him being a Grimm was bad! Now he's a Grimm and she's a hexenbitch! Well that should work out well!Big Grin

Don't see how the writers are going to sort through that can of worms without having to make up some pretty stupid storylines now.Sad

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - syscrash - 01-09-2015

Figuring out what being a hexenbiest will do the the story. There are three things to consider. What will Juliette's attitude be. That will depend on what she sees as the down side. The second is this big of a revelation there will be lots of drama. This is to big to be a throw away event. The third is if this is permanent or temporary.

Starting with the Third point, considering all other major events came and went. Even having a baby was written as temporary. So why should this be permanent. To be permanent would completely change the juliette characture.

The first point, what is the downside. Other then looking like death. It has and advantage of increased abilities. If this had happened in prior seasons the emotional factor would be a consideration. But Juliette has seen to much. Has gone through a number of major life changing events. She knows what a hexenbiest is and looks like. She knows Adalind, Rosalee, and her frined Alicia have normal lives. It is hard to see where she would have resentment. Other then it will be a constant reminder of Adalind, but then being female could also be a constant reminder of Adalind whats the problem.

So there is no reason for her to go running off scream into the nigh out of fear. Meaning a number of episodes will deal with her accepting being a hexenbiest while trying to change back. Following prior events at some point she will stop being a hexenbiest.

The leaves the second how much drama are the writers going to squeeze out of this event. It won't be life changing drama like if a main characters dies. It won't be as earth shattering as when she lost her memory. They will use it as a setup for some action packed reveals. It will also be used to make a point on another event. it will drag on for several episodes ending in a big confrontation, followed by Juliette have to make a big decisions, culminating in a cure. Of course the cure will have a consequence which will start the next major arc.

RE: What we know/Speculation on seond half of Season 4 - busyizzy - 01-10-2015

(01-09-2015, 02:32 AM)syscrash Wrote: The show left the human wesen interaction from the very beginning. So having another wesen on the show would not upset the balance.
Actually, this is not true. Hank is a human and has had relationships with a Hexenbiest, wanted a relationship with the physical therapist who was a Wesen, and almost went crazy because of his interaction with Wesen (like Wu). And Juliette's interaction with her abused Fuschbau friend....these are all examples of human perspective as much as Wesen perspective and are very important to the tone of this show.

Quote:The wesen community would not have a problem with a human hexenbiest combination, Sean is an example of it being tolerated.
There is a big difference between being tolerated and being accepted as part of a community. Sean is questioned everwhere he goes. No one trusts him. How could they? Would he side with humans or with Wesen when push comes to shove? Why hasn't Sean learned about his own powers when his mom is a Hexenbiest? I know he's physically strong, but is he otherwise not as powerful? For someone who has studied multiple languages, martial arts, etc....he sure hasn't studied up on his maternal heritage. Makes me wonder if being only half Zauberbiest is not as strong.

Quote:Knowing anyone can become a hexenbiest is not a problem. That knowledge was tested when Adalind as a human became a hexenbiest again.
This is a huge problem. Adalind had to participate in killing someone to get her powers back. That should be of concern to humans, Wesen, the Resistance, and the Wesen Council. What if the Prince wanted to become a Zauberbiest or Mauvais Dentes or Cracher-Mortel or a Koschie? Who has to die for the Prince to become an even better killing machine? Would it then be possible for someone to become a Grimm if they killed Nick? I'm not sure this is "common" knowledge and it could upset the balance of power. The Royals used Grimms and the Verat to maintain control over Wesen and humans. What if natural Grimms and other Wesen were no longer needed because they could be created?

Quote:Juliette's practice would not be a problem, Adalind had a cat.
Adalind's cat was not normal; it was a familiar and a predator. What about prey animals like horses and cows? I don't think a horse would take being worked on by a Hexenbiest.

Quote:Juliette and Nick having a baby would not be a problem. Nick being a Grimm they already know the child would not be normal, adding hexenbiest to the mix would not be that big a leap of acceptance. I mean Nick mom is raising a hexenbiest that is not even hers.
I wasn't just mentioning logistics; I was actually speaking of mixing blood. There have been several episodes where Monrosalee and others have discussed mixed-Wesen children. There was one mention of something bad that could happen. Also, if taking in a Grimm's blood would remove a Hexenbiest's powers, would Juliette even be able to get pregnant by a Grimm?

Quote:Where I see the problem is "Magic has a Price" for Juliette to stop being a hexenbiest will take magic which will have a price. It is the price that Juliette will have to consider. The price could be Nick giving up his Grimm since thats how she became a hexenbiest.
Well, it was more complicated than that because Juliette was already under Adalind's (original) spell, then Sean's pure heart spell, then Elizabeth's reverse body hat spell, and then Rosalee's "need a little of Nick's blood" spell. Wow....Juliette is complicated.

Quote:The bigger question is what does Juliette being a hexenbiest do to the show. Considering the show so far, none of the show changing events have been permanent. Neither the memory loss, being a zombie, even having a baby was written out of the show.
I agree this is the big question hence all my suppositions above. How is it going to change the storyline if/when any of these potential ramifications are realized; they would change the show...even if it is just temporarily.

After all that's what this thread was all about. Smile