Grimm Forum
S4E08 - Chupacabra - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E08 - Chupacabra (/Thread-S4E08-Chupacabra)

Pages: 1 2 3

S4E08 - Chupacabra - GrimmForum - 12-12-2014

Season 4 Episode 8
Chupacabra

[Image: wy0IhnLl.jpg]

Air Date: December 12, 2014

Synopsis: An unsuspecting traveler brings a blood-sucking legend with him to Portland, and Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) find themselves investigating the gruesome trail of "El Chupacabra." Meanwhile, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) prepare to leave for their long-overdue honeymoon as they are met with more threats regarding their marriage. Elsewhere, Viktor (guest star Alexis Denisof) and Adalind (Claire Coffee) decide to take a trip of their own, while Wu (Reggie Lee) decides to confront Nick about what he has been seeing. Bitsie Tulloch and Sasha Roiz also star.

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - Grimmster123 - 12-12-2014

1. First of all I thought that the Wesen of the Week storyline (El Chupacabra) was very weak. They've been hyping this Chupacabra episode up for a while and it didn't really live up to my expectations at least in terms of the Wesen of the Week storyline.

2. So it appears we have a battle for the baby: Prince Viktor and Adalind vs. Captain Renard and a member of the Resistance (Have we met him before? I didn't think so but they made it seem like we have) Should be interesting to see who if anybody is able to find Kelly Burkhardt first.

3. It was odd not to see Trubel after having her front and center for about 10 episodes. I wish they'd have mentioned her a little more since she was such a big part of the show. There was only a brief reference to the house being all their own and that was about it.

4. I've been dying to find out how the mysterious Officer Acker character was going to fit into things ever since I read about Will Rothhaar's casting online. Apparently he's a member of the Secundum Naturae Ordinem Wesen and it appears that he along with a fellow member have kidnapped Monroe so I'm very interested to see where that storyline goes.

5. Was it just me or did anybody else think that that voice on the other line with Rosalee couldn't have been any less intimidating? I mean sure it was a guy with a low voice but it wasn't altered on anything like that haha

6. Lastly we find out that Juliette appears to be turning into a Hexenbiest. Didn't see that coming at all so we'll have to see where that goes as well. Will Nick be able to tell she's a hexenbiest? I mean since he's a Grimm than he definitely should be able to.

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - Lou - 12-12-2014

I thought the WoW was interesting - but nothing special. Am i getting jaded? I sort of felt that him being sick so he lost control of his Woging was a plot device for bringing along the Wu story to a head - but I'm not sure why the writers felt it was necessary. But it did work so I'm not complaining - just curious.

I don't think Renard actually agreed to help the resistance. He sort of left that open. I don't think he is going to help. And all anyone knows is the trail starts in Portland. Nick and Juliette did a pretty good job of covering tracks. And Kelly won't be found so easily. However, if she checks in and Nick needs help.... all bets are off.

I miss Trubel, already.

I stay away from spoilers and don't know anything about Will Rothhaar (except he spells his name funny). so we now have a wesson police officer, who has kidnapped Monroe??!! OMG!! He is so gonna get killed. Thats a new plot twist.

The writers totally fooled us. Last week we were all so sure Juliette was PG and we were so busy speculating about what kind of baby she would have... and it turns out she's not PG but she's is HB (Hexienbiest) ! Poor thing. I would rather be PG than HB. How-a-bout you?

And finally we have Nick postponing the Wu conversation so long, Wu goes crazy, gets drunk, and gets thrown into Jail. I no longer believe this is going to have a good ending. But I was right. Wu has opened a case file and looking at old cases. At least he only showed it to Renard. Oh my gosh, if he showed it to Chavez........

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - Monroes Girl - 12-13-2014

Ahhhh! That can't be true!!! The ass**** kidnapped Monroe!!!!
Please don't let him die!!!!!!
ConfusedSad

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - UndercoverGrimm - 12-13-2014

I thought it was a good episode. Grimm is going all over the place, finding these urban legends. Wu is losing his mind, but I'm kind of happy about it. Aunt Marie told Nick it would ruin his friends if they found out about grimms/vessen. Every none vessen Nick knows seem pretty normal after finding out. I have this weird idea that Wu is going to become a vessen hunter now.

Juilette is a hexenbeast! Wow mind blown and i love it. Elizabeth should come back and train her a little bit.

So Monroe and Rosalee are kidnapped by the evil people who want them dead. Kind of suspected they were not going on a honeymoon. Hate to say this, but I have had thoughts for a while now that Rosalee will be killed off the show. Lets hope I'm wrong!

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - busyizzy - 12-13-2014

Okay, I actually loved this episode. Several main story arcs advanced during this episode.

The WoW was interesting for several reasons: 1) I've been to many countries where El Chupacabra was an urban legend. The infected doctor just returned from a country that believes in this boogeyman; he also lived in a primarily Latin community in Portland so the neighbors identified the assailant immediately giving credence to a lot of folklore having a Wesen-based explanation. 2) This episode also let viewers know that Wesen could be stricken with different diseases so perhaps diseases like rabies could be a factor in future. 3) Did anyone other than me actually get the whole doctors beyond borders contracts ebola parallel? This episode was all about art imitates life with a disease originating from an animal and spread by body fluids. This was so apropos since Time's person of the year was actually all of the doctors who went to treat ebola. The writing was fluid for this epidode mixing old urban legends with current world events.

The man who called Capt. Renard asked the captain if he recognized his voice. I didn't recognize this person, however, the voice felt familiar from past episodes. The captain has received phone calls before, and we did not know who the caller was. Diana is certainly becoming a very popular commodity.

This cop who hit Monroe must die! What timing that Wu is out of commission. I had a really bad feeling that Nick's procrastination was going to bite him on the fanny. The entire situation with Wu was preventable and is Nick and Hank's fault. No one is going to miss Monroe or Rosalee because they should've been on their honeymoon. Not good!

Does anyone think that Juliette's Hexenbiest transformation has anything to do with Elizabeth telling Rosalee to add one less drop to the spell? After all, Elizabeth could want an additional Hexenbiest around Portland to support her son while she is not around. Of course, this makes Juliette's relationship with Nick very interesting, and sets up a fantastic showdown between Juliette and Adalind. Let's not forget Capt. Renard's past relationship and interaction with Juliette either, due to that pure heart spell.

Things are heating up in Portland! I did not miss TRubel.

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - Lou - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 07:51 AM)busyizzy Wrote: 3) Did anyone other than me actually get the whole doctors beyond borders contracts ebola parallel?

I did. I did. but i failed to mention it so you get the points. Good call. and didn't we get into a discussion on another thread about how often Grimm's topics are parallels to current events or other kinds of social content?

Quote:The man who called Capt. Renard asked the captain if he recognized his voice. I didn't recognize this person, however, the voice felt familiar from past episodes. The captain has received phone calls before, and we did not know who the caller was.

I did not recognize him at all. I think he is new to us - even if he is not new to Renard. on a similar topic - Has Renard ever openly cooperated with the resistance?

Quote: The entire situation with Wu was preventable and is Nick and Hank's fault.

Mostly Nick's. Hank has been lobbying to tell Wu for weeks.

Quote:No one is going to miss Monroe or Rosalee because they should've been on their honeymoon. Not good!/

Oh no. I hadn't realized that. And Nick will think they made it to their honeymoon. and he promised not to call them. Oh gosh, writers - Monrosalee's rescue is weeks away.

Quote:Does anyone think that Juliette's Hexenbiest transformation has anything to do with Elizabeth telling Rosalee to add one less drop to the spell?

I do, I do!. I have been suspicious of that line since Elizabeth said it.
However. It could be just a red herring. and trying not to jump to conclusions and also part wishful thinking: Juliette could just be having hallucinations. But if she has become HB I hope its reversible.

Quote:sets up a fantastic showdown between Juliette and Adalind.

OMG. I want a ringside seat!

Quote: I did not miss TRubel.

I did. And I think they are going to badly need her soon.

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 08:40 AM)Lou Wrote:
Quote:The man who called Capt. Renard asked the captain if he recognized his voice. I didn't recognize this person, however, the voice felt familiar from past episodes. The captain has received phone calls before, and we did not know who the caller was.

I did not recognize him at all. I think he is new to us - even if he is not new to Renard. on a similar topic - Has Renard ever openly cooperated with the resistance?

Renard called him Tavitian, yes, we know him! He has shorter hair and beard as in S3E03, but Renard and he spent quite some time together in Austria.

I enjoyed the episode! But don't touch Monroe @Grimmwriters! Angry

(12-12-2014, 11:24 PM)Lou Wrote: The writers totally fooled us. Last week we were all so sure Juliette was PG and we were so busy speculating about what kind of baby she would have... and it turns out she's not PG but she's is HB (Hexienbiest) ! Poor thing. I would rather be PG than HB. How-a-bout you?

I'd prefer HB. I'm serious! Now she can beat Adalind with her own weapons.
But, wait, I heard Nick asking Renard in S3E18 about a woged Adalind "Do you really find THIS attractive?" Could become a problem.

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - UndercoverGrimm - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 07:51 AM)busyizzy Wrote: Okay, I actually loved this episode. Several main story arcs advanced during this episode.

The WoW was interesting for several reasons: 1) I've been to many countries where El Chupacabra was an urban legend. The infected doctor just returned from a country that believes in this boogeyman; he also lived in a primarily Latin community in Portland so the neighbors identified the assailant immediately giving credence to a lot of folklore having a Wesen-based explanation. 2) This episode also let viewers know that Wesen could be stricken with different diseases so perhaps diseases like rabies could be a factor in future. 3) Did anyone other than me actually get the whole doctors beyond borders contracts ebola parallel? This episode was all about art imitates life with a disease originating from an animal and spread by body fluids. This was so apropos since Time's person of the year was actually all of the doctors who went to treat ebola. The writing was fluid for this epidode mixing old urban legends with current world events.

The man who called Capt. Renard asked the captain if he recognized his voice. I didn't recognize this person, however, the voice felt familiar from past episodes. The captain has received phone calls before, and we did not know who the caller was. Diana is certainly becoming a very popular commodity.

This cop who hit Monroe must die! What timing that Wu is out of commission. I had a really bad feeling that Nick's procrastination was going to bite him on the fanny. The entire situation with Wu was preventable and is Nick and Hank's fault. No one is going to miss Monroe or Rosalee because they should've been on their honeymoon. Not good!

Does anyone think that Juliette's Hexenbiest transformation has anything to do with Elizabeth telling Rosalee to add one less drop to the spell? After all, Elizabeth could want an additional Hexenbiest around Portland to support her son while she is not around. Of course, this makes Juliette's relationship with Nick very interesting, and sets up a fantastic showdown between Juliette and Adalind. Let's not forget Capt. Renard's past relationship and interaction with Juliette either, due to that pure heart spell.

Things are heating up in Portland! I did not miss TRubel.

I was thinking Juliette turned hexanbeast, because of Adalind, but you made a great point about Elizabeth. I can't wait for Juliette and Adalind to duel.

RE: S4E08 - Chupacabra - speakeasy - 12-13-2014

I liked this episode, as usual. Smile Pretty sure Tavitian and Frenay (who has a connection to Renard's mother), are co-leaders of the Resistance. I really liked Tavitian last season, so I remembered him and I think he welcomed Renard into the group. He seems like a wise and fearless freedom fighter, but he's also a cold-blooded killer when the situation arises, so I'm reserving judgement until events unfold. But since he's in town, I sincerely hope that the Captain be featured in some upcoming episodes because he's been out of the limelight for a long time. Oh, yeah, Renard told Tavitian there was a mole in the Resistance who is obviously working for the Royals, wonder who it is.

So glad Elizabeth is on Kelly's trail because Viktor and Adalind will catch up to her for sure. Unless Adalind turns into Juliette or something first. Because she also seems to be affected by some of the possible unfortunate side-affects that Elizabeth warned about when she discovered she had cast the spell. But Juliette will pay the price for falling in love with a Grimm - and pay and pay. Now she's a revolting hexenbiest, what next. Big Grin

Always did like Franco; he's saved Wu's life more than once, I think. He's a good partner and sees that Drew seems to be becoming unhinged. I remember that Hank was holed up in his house, popping pills and brandishing a shotgun before he knew the score, so I guess that's par for the course until you become a true believer. He did get off a clever one-liner, like the old Wu, though, when Nick and Hank said to call for help at the crime scene. He said something like "Maybe we should get a dog catcher with a big net." Smile