Grimm Forum
S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas (/Thread-S4E07-The-Grimm-Who-Stole-Christmas)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - SvenJoli - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 06:30 PM)Lou Wrote: Decided to exercise my google skills. This is what I found out.
Portland is somewhat famous for their "food cart pods". These are parking lots where a number of food trucks hang out.
the one that has been featured on the show is a fictional one created by Grimm.
The location is 905 SW 16th Ave
And a blogger went and visited the location and the filming of the fruit cake cart
here is her report
http://twilightgirlportland.com/grimm-filming-fruitcake-food-cart/

The correct location of the parking lot is near SW 10th & Columbia

[Image: truck.jpg]

click here for Google street view

click here for my complete set of locations

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - speakeasy - 12-07-2014

(12-06-2014, 08:03 PM)SvenJoli Wrote: The correct location of the parking lot is near SW 10th & Columbia

[Image: truck.jpg]

click here for Google street view

click here for my complete set of locations

That was fun - and amazing. Seeing the parking lot in this picture puts the viewer right in the episode, as do all the location shots. In checking out this parking lot, I noticed a traditional looking house in amongst the tall buildings surrounding it. For me, it represents a visual representation of an old-timey Portlander singlemindedly resisting the crush of progress, fits the mental profile I have fashioned of a quirky and fascinating city; love it! The Old Church is so beautiful and it turns out it was the location of the St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church seen in this episode. Smile

There's alot of material in this project and it's fun to go through it. Plus it's a great reference source to turn to when questions pop up about locations in all the seasons and episodes. Excellent work, Sven, thanks for posting!

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Djinn and Tonic - 12-07-2014

one of the things i enjoy the most about Grimm is that they do use mythical monsters from deferent cultures around the world. like the Ashwong (Tick Tick) from the Philippines.

Personally i think using another one particularly the Kapre, would be the one to use to reveal the truth about vesin to Sergeant Wu. the Kapre is more like the Philippine's version of a leprechaun. only its 6 feet tall and smokes a cigar.

this would be how i would have set it if i had the choice.
Wu's the first responder to a scene where kids are frighten out of a park by a monster. Wu see at first something he can't believe... a Kapre. giving chase the Kapre drops what looks like a smallish white ball. Picking it up Wu thinks it must be 1 of 2 things.
1) he's gone mad.
2) someone playing a sick joke on him.
taking the ball back to the precinct and putting the ball into evidence he is hoping to catch the jerk whos playing a joke at his expense. Then later that night the kapre sneeks into Wu apartment begging for the return of its Ball (Egg). This is when nick and Hank show up to take Wu out drinking and to tell him something important (That Vesin are real).
When Wu answers the door the Kapre turns into a rather attentive philopino lady. Wu then losses it again now convinced that he's gone mad begs to know what is going on right that instant. Thats when the lady says she's sorry but she's a Kapre and the Ball is in fact her egg and she was just scarred the kids where going to harm her egg thats why she scared them off.
Nick sees her voge and explains to Wu that he's a Grimm and that he too can see her turning into a Kapre. Hank says to Wu that he can't see her turning but he has seen other like her before and reasues Wu that he isn't barking mad.

(12-06-2014, 11:54 AM)Lou Wrote: As far as the pregnancy goes, tho. We don't know much about Hexienbiest or for that matter Wesson's gestation. dogs and cats have shorter gestation cycles and longer menstruation cycles than humans. We also know that Adalind's pregnancy was magically enhanced and speeded up. We also don't really know about the consequences of sex while under a spell. So pretty much anything is possible.
Poor Juliette!

Well the writers haven't talked much about hexonbeasts, cause the shows in the process of being written as it goes along (I'm guessing but i would bet on that). Besides there are a few other issues. like these:
Can a Grimm impregnate or be impregnated by a Vesin?
What would such an impregnation do with the Grimm or Vesins 'powers'?
Could Juliette {a normal human} even carry a Hexionbeast/Grimm hybrid?
Granted Adlind's baby was magically enhanced by Fruel Pesh to have a shorter gestation period and then to have more magic with the ritual she undertook.
It did surprise even Adlaind that her pregnancy was hastened, I'm sure that her mother would have mentioned that a hexionbeasts would have short pregnancies then humans when Adlind was a teenager if that was the case if not then her mother was pretty evil even for a Witch (this is why Vesin need sex ed?).

(12-06-2014, 01:23 PM)UndercoverGrimm Wrote: I think this episode was mostly met for some holiday fun. Nothing too serious. Truble leaving made it sad tho. I love the Christmas episodes and am hoping for another Halloween special, during season 5.

i agree Truble leaving is sad (she's a well rounded character and well acted as well with a playable back story), for some reason I have the feeling (maybe 'cause Grimms been 2nd in the ratings since its second season) there is a Spin off in the works.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Djinn and Tonic - 12-07-2014

i agree we need to see more of Buds family. namely his wife he's talked so much about her she's become more like the neighbor from 'home improvement' almost the talking hat from over a fence.

i've enjoyed Grimm since its pilot. some of the episodes are not stellar but the writers have not disappointed me, and don't do the thing that annoyed me about other shows, that of ended the episode back at square 1. I don't know what it is but i've seen lots of fans of shows when they introduce a female hero almost get violent and wanting the female hero character killed off in the most gruesome ways. its almost as if they want action shows to be a male only testosterone feast.
with one show i was watching which has both a male lead hero and a female lead heroine a small group of male fans almost needed to be nutered to stop their attacks. Really people get over yourself if they bring a new character on the show and it works think of it like life, then relax and wait if it doesn't work they will change it, usually the new character will not kill the show.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - droid327 - 12-07-2014

I was worried this was going to be a "very special Christmas episode" but I'm glad it wasn't that bad Smile I like that sometimes the Wesen of the Week problem has an easy solution that doesn't have to end in gruesome violence, that's realistic. Even cases like with the Luison, where it was just a matter of outsmarting and not outfighting them. As long as it done well and not just a throwaway plotline (like the Luison kinda was), but this added to the story and showed a side of the Wesen subculture that wasn't all about killing people or getting killed, as it so often is...

-The whole church wasn't Inocuo(?) Gentiles, so I'm wondering how they explained what happened to everyone else in the church who saw 3 kids turn into gremlins and run out the building. Poor priest having to handle that one...

-Why would Juliette assume she cant get pregnant? She wasn't actually Adalind, she just looked like her on the outside. All her inner bits are still hers and still functional. Was she not using her usual precautions? What did she think, the sperm would teleport to Adalind once she reverted to her own form? I wish they had handled that more sensibly, like:

Rosalie: "Do you think you might be pregnant?"
Juliette: "No, that's not possible, I'm on birth control."
Rosalie: "You're on the pill? Oh..."
Juliette: "Why, whats the problem with that?"
Rosalie: "I thought Elizabeth warned you... One of the ingredients in the potion you took to become Adalind is St. John's Wort, and the preparation greatly amplifies its potency."
Juliette: "But St. John's Wort can interfere with birth control! Oh my God I might be pregnant...!!"

-Don't leave, Trubel! Just start going by Teresa Tongue You're the only sensible one lately. Even poor Hank is getting caught up in the group stupidity more and more often now. Besides, I do *not* think she's ready to handle stuff on her own, especially if she's not able to leave town when stuff goes south, like she used to. She's going to end up in a Philly prison on murder charges for decapitataing a bunch of Wesen in public, and Nick is going to have to pull some strings and get her remanded to Portland's custody or something.

I don't know why they cant just send a message to the Royals that Nick has both keys now. Hell, send them a picture of Nick with it. Nick's already on their hit-list, its not going to do him any harm, and they wont waste any more time and effort with Josh if they know he doesn't have the key or anything else they're interested in. They haven't tried anything with Hank or Juliette or Monroe or Rosalie yet, so I don't know why they'd go after Josh except to recover a key.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - wfmyers1207 - 12-07-2014

Didn't care for this episode a whole lot. From the promos I had the impression it was going to be funnier than it was. Of course, there were some good bits.

- Juliette and Rosalee defending Monroe's train set!Tongue

- The real reason for fruitcake.Smile

I think they made a mistake getting rid of Truble. I think it will hurt ratings quite a bit. And although Grimm is doing OK, I don't see it having enough of an audience to warrant a spin off. Especially with Josh and Truble. But they left the door open to bring her back from time to time so perhaps we'll see her again in the second half of the season next year.

The character of Josh is such a wuss that Truble will have to be his bodygaurd 24/7.Confused Hardly the Dynamic Duo!

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - droid327 - 12-07-2014

(12-07-2014, 12:26 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I don't see it having enough of an audience to warrant a spin off. Especially with Josh and Truble.

Yeah I briefly thought that might be where they were headed with Trubel, but no, I don't think they're going to try for Grimm: Philadelphia or anything with this story arc.

That being said, I challenge your assertion that there cant be a good Grimm spinoff: I'd totally watch a show about Kelly Burkhardt and Elizabeth Lascelles (Sean's mom) traveling the world together, visiting exotic locations, protecting baby Diana and being badasses together fighting the Royals Smile Like a pair of female magical/Grimmical James Bonds...with a baby...

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Lou - 12-08-2014

My best guess is that we will see more of Elizabeth, Kelley, Trubel, and Josh. but we may have to wait a while.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - wfmyers1207 - 12-08-2014

(12-07-2014, 10:36 PM)droid327 Wrote:
(12-07-2014, 12:26 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I don't see it having enough of an audience to warrant a spin off. Especially with Josh and Truble.

Yeah I briefly thought that might be where they were headed with Trubel, but no, I don't think they're going to try for Grimm: Philadelphia or anything with this story arc.

That being said, I challenge your assertion that there cant be a good Grimm spinoff: I'd totally watch a show about Kelly Burkhardt and Elizabeth Lascelles (Sean's mom) traveling the world together, visiting exotic locations, protecting baby Diana and being badasses together fighting the Royals Smile Like a pair of female magical/Grimmical James Bonds...with a baby...

I made no such assertion nor even implied it. Try re-reading my post. I just said the show doesn't have a large enough audience to warrant a spin off as far as network exec types are concerned.

In previous discussions with others here we thought the best idea, if they were going to do it, would be a prequel with Kelly and Marie as young women, a la "Supernatural". Also perhaps a 2 or 3 part mini series that tells the story of the original 7 Grimm knights would be pretty cool.Smile

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - UndercoverGrimm - 12-08-2014

(12-07-2014, 07:51 AM)Djinn and Tonic Wrote: i agree we need to see more of Buds family. namely his wife he's talked so much about her she's become more like the neighbor from 'home improvement' almost the talking hat from over a fence.

i've enjoyed Grimm since its pilot. some of the episodes are not stellar but the writers have not disappointed me, and don't do the thing that annoyed me about other shows, that of ended the episode back at square 1. I don't know what it is but i've seen lots of fans of shows when they introduce a female hero almost get violent and wanting the female hero character killed off in the most gruesome ways. its almost as if they want action shows to be a male only testosterone feast.
with one show i was watching which has both a male lead hero and a female lead heroine a small group of male fans almost needed to be nutered to stop their attacks. Really people get over yourself if they bring a new character on the show and it works think of it like life, then relax and wait if it doesn't work they will change it, usually the new character will not kill the show.

Love the Home Improvement referance lol. But yes, I would like to see the rest of Bud's family. Bud is one of my favorite Grimm characters as well.