Grimm Forum
S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas (/Thread-S4E07-The-Grimm-Who-Stole-Christmas)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Lou - 12-06-2014

AR, I agree with just about everything you said.
As far as the pregnancy goes, tho. We don't know much about Hexienbiest or for that matter Wesson's gestation. dogs and cats have shorter gestation cycles and longer menstruation cycles than humans. We also know that Adalind's pregnancy was magically enhanced and speeded up. We also don't really know about the consequences of sex while under a spell. So pretty much anything is possible.
Poor Juliette!

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - busyizzy - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 07:29 AM)speakeasy Wrote: The scene in which she says goodbye to Nick had me tearing up a little, she seemed very sincere and played it well....This episode reminded me again of how pretty Rosalie is, both when she's in human and wesen form. Monroe had some great lines in this episode, too, loved the one where he describes the scent of the WOTW kids.

It's funny to say this, but episodes 6-7 were the first episodes I liked TRubel the character and Toboni the actress. I thought the writers made her more interesting and relatable. I especially liked that she is so anti-bully--sticking up for both Bud and Josh! I think she will be back...even if it is only for visits. One advantage with TRubel going is that we hopefully ARE going to see more of Monrosalee again. The writers really put them in the back seat during the end of Season 3 and beginning of Season 4. That took some doing considering they got married during that time. Love Monrosalee's off-centered humor and fierceness, and I think Rosalee is just a radiant person.

Altered Realtity Wrote:Fruitcake as a weapon (sort of) I can see that Big Grin. I know some people like fruitcake (and I like certain kinds) but a whole truck of it? Guess it must be the good homemade kind not that horrible brick like commercial stuff.
Gretel Hanselsister Wrote:So, Augustus ordered the first Stollen for taming Kallikantzarois, I like the idea...very popular in Germany, and there really is a connection to King August II der Starke. The typical Portland fruit cake looks totally different to me. Out of Stollen, you can't break balls of mud like Monroe and Rosalee dropped on the church stairs. It didn't look too appetizing to me Confused.

This episode was all about the fruitcake. Yes, PORTLAND IS WEIRD. I loved using fruitcake as a tempting trap, because for those of you NOT from the US, the typical mass-produced US fruitcake is pretty horrid. They can be shaped like hard, dried bricks, and there are lots of jokes about using them as weapons (Hey Juliette and Rosalee! Haha) or door stops. I'd like to beeAtch slap, or throw a hard fruitcake at, the guy who thought hard, dried GREEN dyed cherries were a good idea. Really good fruitcake can be found in bake shops, and many people make very good fruitcake. I make a pretty good one myself with pecans, walnuts, dates, golden raisins, dried cranberries, and REAL bing cherries. LOL. I also soak my fruit in a little Grand Marnier before I cook the cakes too. That never hurts. Big Grin

Lou Wrote:Also, gotta give it up to the writers for continuity. They returned the food truck to "Food Truck Alley", where we once watched Monroe and Nick kill four Verat. I wonder if that's a real place in Portland... In my area we have places where food trucks congregate in the daytime but they all have their own places to go at night.

I was intrigued by this as well and would like to know if it is a real place. I would definitely visit on my next trip because Portland has great food in general, and I'm rather fond of food trucks...what can I say. I think this Food Truck Alley was also the backdrop to a parking lot where Nick, Hank, and TRubel dispatched some Wesen as well, but I can't remember the episode.

Some other thoughts were:
-Tell Wu!!!!
-Loved the scene where Renard/Nick were in a verbal p!$$!ng contest over whose mom was the most bad-arsed.
-The Grimmswald Family Chrismas award goes to Monroe! I do think Monroe went ever further for Christmas this year. I choked on my coffee when I saw his decorations again.
-Rosalee & Juliette scored again...it was no little thing to use a "nutcracker" as a weapon. I appreciated that, Grimm writers!
-Sad for Juliette--this lady has gone through a lot. She may actually be the toughest/strongest character on the show.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Altered Realtity - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 11:54 AM)Lou Wrote: AR, I agree with just about everything you said.
As far as the pregnancy goes, tho. We don't know much about Hexienbiest or for that matter Wesson's gestation. dogs and cats have shorter gestation cycles and longer menstruation cycles than humans. We also know that Adalind's pregnancy was magically enhanced and speeded up. We also don't really know about the consequences of sex while under a spell. So pretty much anything is possible.
Poor Juliette!

It's true we really don't know much about wesen reproductive cycles. I expect that that will vary depending on the type of wesen. And it's true that Adalind's pregnancy was sped up, but her situation was so different. One spell that made Juliette look like Adalind for a very specific length of time is very different from the drawn out, complicated (and really, really gross) ritual that Adalind went through. Not to mention the very special (again gross) moisturizer she was using daily. But, well, writers ya know, so anything is possible. I suspect my resistance to the possibilities is due to how much I don't want another baby storyline.

However, if this is all to set up a discussion between Nick and Juliette re: their future and how they will approach having (or not) a family, then I'm all for it. Now that Juliette seems to be "all in" as it were, they should be having that talk. And maybe Nick could finally give her that damn ring. If he hasn't lost it by now.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Elkhound - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 10:51 AM)Altered Realtity Wrote: Moving on, loved the scene between the Captain and Nick regarding their badass mothers Big Grin guess they both think their mom is the best/most badass Big Grin I think the ladies will eventually meet and I want a ring side seat when they do!

Let's sit back and sell popcorn.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Altered Realtity - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 12:44 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(12-06-2014, 10:51 AM)Altered Realtity Wrote: Moving on, loved the scene between the Captain and Nick regarding their badass mothers Big Grin guess they both think their mom is the best/most badass Big Grin I think the ladies will eventually meet and I want a ring side seat when they do!

Works for me Big Grin

(12-06-2014, 12:44 PM)Elkhound Wrote:

I'm still waiting for when Juliette punches Adalind in the nose

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - UndercoverGrimm - 12-06-2014

I think this episode was mostly met for some holiday fun. Nothing too serious. Truble leaving made it sad tho. I love the Christmas episodes and am hoping for another Halloween special, during season 5.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - speakeasy - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 12:05 PM)busyizzy Wrote: It's funny to say this, but episodes 6-7 were the first episodes I liked TRubel the character and Toboni the actress. I thought the writers made her more interesting and relatable. I especially liked that she is so anti-bully--sticking up for both Bud and Josh! I think she will be back...even if it is only for visits. One advantage with TRubel going is that we hopefully ARE going to see more of Monrosalee again. The writers really put them in the back seat during the end of Season 3 and beginning of Season 4. That took some doing considering they got married during that time. Love Monrosalee's off-centered humor and fierceness, and I think Rosalee is just a radiant person.

Trubel took some getting used to for me, too. But by the time this week's episode aired I was fond of her. Felt like Nick's mentoring had broken down the wall of distrust of people she had built up, guided her to accept who she was, and put her on a good path. But I'm with you in believing this character's exit from the show opens up much needed time for showcasing the original gang, especially Monroe and Rosalee. Smile

(12-06-2014, 12:05 PM)busyizzy
[quote='Lou' Wrote:
Also, gotta give it up to the writers for continuity. They returned the food truck to "Food Truck Alley", where we once watched Monroe and Nick kill four Verat. I wonder if that's a real place in Portland... In my area we have places where food trucks congregate in the daytime but they all have their own places to go at night.

I was intrigued by this as well and would like to know if it is a real place. I would definitely visit on my next trip because Portland has great food in general, and I'm rather fond of food trucks...what can I say. I think this Food Truck Alley was also the backdrop to a parking lot where Nick, Hank, and TRubel dispatched some Wesen as well, but I can't remember the episode.

Some other thoughts were:
-Sad for Juliette--this lady has gone through a lot. She may actually be the toughest/strongest character on the show.

If it was used a number of times, it probably is a real place, I hope so, because it would be one more feature that makes Portland so unique.

Juliette is so feminine and understated in her style, that her innate resoluteness can be under-appreciated, go unnoticed. For me, she's the foundation that underpins their relationship and Nick depends on it.

Decided to exercise my google skills. This is what I found out.
Portland is somewhat famous for their "food cart pods". These are parking lots where a number of food trucks hang out.
the one that has been featured on the show is a fictional one created by Grimm.
The location is 905 SW 16th Ave
And a blogger went and visited the location and the filming of the fruit cake cart
here is her report
http://twilightgirlportland.com/grimm-filming-fruitcake-food-cart/

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - busyizzy - 12-06-2014

speakeasy Wrote:Juliette is so feminine and understated in her style, that her innate resoluteness can be under-appreciated, go unnoticed. For me, she's the foundation that underpins their relationship and Nick depends on it.

Agree totally with this statement. She's a great foil for Nick and the other cast members, but she is definitely under-appreciated.

Lou Wrote:Decided to exercise my google skills. This is what I found out. Portland is somewhat famous for their "food cart pods". These are parking lots where a number of food trucks hang out. the one that has been featured on the show is a fictional one created by Grimm. The location is 905 SW 16th Ave . And a blogger went and visited the location and the filming of the fruit cake cart here is her report http://twilightgirlportland.com/grimm-fi...food-cart/

That is awesome. I kinda wished it were a real place as well, but I'm going to visit their lots when I am next there...hopefully next summer. Thanks for going that extra mile, Lou!