Grimm Forum
S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas (/Thread-S4E07-The-Grimm-Who-Stole-Christmas)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - GrimmForum - 12-05-2014

Season 4 Episode 7
The Grimm Who Stole Christmas

[Image: 0ttDrdbl.jpg]

Air Date: December 5, 2014

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) are called to investigate a bizarre string of home invasions that lead to an even stranger Wesen phenomena. Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) has a very special Christmas surprise in store for Rosalee (Bree Turner). Meanwhile, Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) comes to a life changing realization that will affect everyone. Bitsie Tulloch, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - UndercoverGrimm - 12-05-2014

The holiday shows are always fun. Finally a solid reason for fruit cake! Again Grimm is going all over the place finding these folk lore stories. The Grimm Brothers would be proud.

Sad to see Truble go. Her role has gotten better with each episode. I suspect Truble to return to Portland eventually. Wu might become a new member of the Grimm gang soon. Julliete is now pregnant? Darn you Adalind!

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Grimmster123 - 12-05-2014

Didn't like this episode at all. The past two episodes were great and this one just seemed kind of silly. The Kallikantzoi never really posed a threat to anybody and all Nick had to do to stop them was feed them fruitcake not overly creative.

I'm extremely upset to see Trubel go and what I want to know is why? Was this a network decision or was this a decision she made? If she left to go pursue other roles then great for her and more power to her, I respect that, however if it was NBC's doing then I think it's an incredibly dumb move on their part unless of course this is the beginning of a possible spin-off but I don't think that it is.

There were a couple of funny lines in this one that made it somewhat enjoyable but I felt that overall the episode was pretty weak.

I think that next week's episode featuring the Chupacabra will be really good and I'm eager to learn what the deal is with Will Rothhaar's Officer Acker.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Lou - 12-05-2014

I might be a little disappointed in this show. But it was fun. And I'm impressed that the writers were able to move most of the long story arcs a little forward. We lost Adalind, but she's probably just making her way back to Portland anyway.

I knew we were going to have to get past this episode to deal with Wu. he is getting snarky, i loved his line though, "Of course, strange is your specialty."
It looks like he is figuring it out on his own. Is he "opening up a file"?

Trubel leaving surprised me. some of you guys had predicted that she would take off with Josh. but I didn't think that was a possibility. I really didn't see that coming. In retrospect it makes perfect sense. I couldn't figure out why they brought Josh back - but as a vehicle for Trubel leaving - it makes perfect sense. I like that Josh grew a spine during this episode. Yea!

Its just too bad that they left before Nick deals with the Wesson Purity Club.

Huh, I thought Nick had been driving Aunt Marie's truck all this time. Anyway, it was cool of Nick to give it away. I don't like that Josh sort of appropriated it. The writers sort of left it open for her to return. I hope we get to see her again someday. I also liked the further character development that went on. even though it didn't take much screen time I felt we witnessed a lot of stuff. Like both Josh and Trubel expressing their gratitude.

One of the best lines.
Renard: I don't want my mother to kill your mother.
NIck: And i don't want my mother to kill your mother.

The fight scene with Juliette, Rosalle and the little monsters was a great scene. Those ladies are not shrinking violets.

Oh, and it was probably too obvious but I liked the writers letting Monroe explain the purpose of fruit cake.

And now we get a new plot thread and more stuff to speculate on (some of us got a head start on this). What if Juliette became pregnant while she was Adalind?

Hmmm. I guess i did like this episode.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - lyost - 12-05-2014

I know it's trivial, but did anybody else notice that Munroe's model train have the coal tender backwards to the proper movement of the train?

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - speakeasy - 12-06-2014

They can't all be outstanding episodes and this one wasn't for me. It was alright because I always enjoy the show, but it wasn't a favorite. Who knew there were street vendors who sold fruitcake exclusively - I find it delicious when slathered with a ton of butter (so healthy), but thought most people didn't like it...but anything that helps keep the peace in Portland. Smile

The biggest thing about this episode for me was Trubel (and Josh) leaving, didn't think it would be this soon at all. The scene in which she says goodbye to Nick had me tearing up a little, she seemed very sincere and played it well. Guess it's time we bid a fond farewell to the two crazy kids, with the hope that there's not a welcoming committee of Hundjagers waiting at the other end of the line. Tongue

This episode reminded me again of how pretty Rosalie is, both when she's in human and wesen form. Monroe had some great lines in this episode, too, loved the one where he describes the scent of the WOTW kids. Big Grin Boy, he really likes decorating for the holidays; even more than last year, if that's possible. Think I saw the couch, though, so at least they can sit down and enjoy the view!

I'm concerned about how Juliette looked during the last scene. She was visually unhappy and you gotta assume it's connected to the pregnancy test. What a crappy way for the Adalind/Nick/Juliette debacle to trend, imo. Not looking forward to this; it's too loaded with emotional dynamite. It can give a person a splitting headache to try to imagine a positive scenario emerging from this, but that's just one of the reason I'm not a script writer; lack of imagination. Big Grin Whatever happens, a baby is a blessing and I'm sure they'll work it out.

If the Captain doesn't want his wesen identity revealed to Wu (let alone the real deal about Trubel), don't see how Nick can bring him into the fold in a piecemeal sort of way. It would end up with more deceit. This doesn't look good for Wu, imo. Sad It's well past time to clue him in, and help him deal with the consequences.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Lou - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 07:29 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Who knew there were street vendors who sold fruitcake exclusively - I find it delicious when slathered with a ton of butter (so healthy), but thought most people didn't like it...but anything that helps keep the peace in Portland. Smile

I think the food truck had all kinds of Christmas treats at first. I think they moved everything out but the fruit cake. I keep wondering who got the bill. Portland PD? I would give it to the parents.
Also, gotta give it up to the writers for continuity. They returned the food truck to "Food Truck Alley", where we once watched Monroe and Nick kill four Verat. I wonder if that's a real place in Portland.
In my area we have places where food trucks congregate in the daytime but they all have their own places to go at night.

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-06-2014

For me, this episode was fun. Not the best one, but I enjoyed it!
When I learned the husband was brought to hospital I started shouting "I know his room number!" like an idiot Big Grin
We saw him, Nick and Hank passing room 400, 401, 402, but we didn't see the room he actually stayed in, it's a shame. But I bet everything it was 407.

So, Augustus ordered the first Stollen for taming Kallikantzarois, I like the idea. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stollen ...very popular in Germany, and there really is a connection to King August II der Starke. The typical Portland fruit cake looks totally different to me. Out of Stollen, you can't break balls of mud like Monroe and Rosalee dropped on the church stairs. It didn't look too appetizing to me Confused.

I feel sorry for Juliette. If the child had the slightest part of Adalind, how horrible would that feel for her. Hello Grimm-writers, this is cruel! First Nick got raped by Adalind (I've come to accepet the term), now Juliette is pregnant as a result.

Trubel is gone, like I presaged, with Josh. Only the falls-in-love part is missing. They got all the time in the world now. Do I miss her? Yes, I do. The last few episodes she was really awesome.

My favorite line: "it smells like a pungent, vinegarish, glandular, musky kind of chamber pot." Monroe Heart

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Elkhound - 12-06-2014

Well, so many people on this board have been complaining about Trubel and wanting her gone---well, you got what you wished for.

The church didn't look like a Greek Orthodox Church.

To the person who said that the Wesen of the Week were no threat to anyone---what about the guy they beat within an inch of his life?

As a former HS and MS teacher, I know how nasty and vicious kids that age can be. We've seen before how this is even more true of wesen adolescents--remember the wolverine girl and the turtle/lion boy?

RE: S4E07 - The Grimm Who Stole Christmas - Altered Realtity - 12-06-2014

As this was the Christmas episode, I wasn't expecting too much. This was surprisingly fun.
Here are some random (very random) thoughts on this episode

I did like that there were no gory deaths at Christmas, did feel bad for the guy who was beat up though. Ouch!

I was expecting Theresa to leave, most likely with Josh, but I was surprised to see it happening quite this soon. I expected her to stick around to help Nick deal with the Wesen problem Monroe and Roselee have.

It was good to see Bud again, but I wish we'd been able to see Theresa interacting with his family. I really wanted to see her with little Eisbibers, heh!

Loved the gals defending the trains! Nice weapon improvisation ladies. Guess Juliette really is good in the kitchen ;d Oh and nice reference back to Juliette's vocation. As a vet she could really be helpful, they don't use those skills nearly enough.

So the adult WoW looked interesting, sorry we got such a brief glimpse of them. Wonder what their lineage is. From what I say, I'd say aliens, but I don't think so. Maybe insects?

The wesen purity group looks a lot like a stereotypical motorcycle gang. Wonder if that's where they're going with this.

Fruitcake as a weapon (sort of) I can see that Big Grin. I know some people like fruitcake (and I like certain kinds) but a whole truck of it? Guess it must be the good homemade kind not that horrible brick like commercial stuff.

Not much liking the idea that Juliette could be pregnant. One baby story line is enough TYVM! And I like babies. BTW, if this is what they are going for, it's pretty obvious these writers have no idea about the specifics of pregnancy. That bathroom scene last week? If that was to start raising the possibility of a pregnancy, let me just point out that intense pain is not a typical symptom. Unless they were going for symptoms of a *failed* pregnancy. But why would they go for that?

If we're to worry along with Juliette that she got pregnant while she was Adalind, it's too soon. Unless there has been a time jump of at least a 10 days, she wouldn't be feeling anything yet. And for most women, it's more like a few weeks before nausea sets in. And earliest a pregnancy test would work is in that 10 day window, assuming the deed corresponded exactly with Juliette's cycle. I could go on being very technical, but I won't bore you all. So yeah, nothing I'm seeing on the screen says pregnancy to me, but eh, writers and plot ya know.

Moving on, loved the scene between the Captain and Nick regarding their badass mothers Big Grin guess they both think their mom is the best/most badass Big Grin I think the ladies will eventually meet and I want a ring side seat when they do!

Wu is building his own theories isn't he? Nick really needs to bring him into the loop. He is more of a danger to himself and Nick (and by extension, Hank) right now. Once again, TELL WU!!!!