Grimm Forum
In a fight for Diana, who wins? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: In a fight for Diana, who wins? (/Thread-In-a-fight-for-Diana-who-wins)

In a fight for Diana, who wins? - busyizzy - 11-24-2014

Since the last episode ended where Elizabeth Renard tells her son she is going to find her granddaughter, I wondered if there could be a clash of the mama-titans in the near future.

So...in a fight over Diana, who would win?

I'm going with intelligence and old magic over brute force and saying....I think Elizabeth could take Kelly.

What about you?

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - Lou - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 04:59 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Since the last episode ended where Elizabeth Renard tells her son she is going to find her granddaughter, I wondered if there could be a clash of the mama-titans in the near future.

So...in a fight over Diana, who would win?

I'm going with intelligence and old magic over brute force and saying....I think Elizabeth could take Kelly.

What about you?
No Way. We know Kelly has already killed one Hexienbiest - and that was without even trying. and who knows how many other Hexienbiests she's killed. I bet Elizabeth has never killed a Grimm. Besides, Diana likes Kelly. She could help turn the tide.

How many Verat did Kelly kill in the woods. I think there were 6. You think One Hexienbies equals six Verat?

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - busyizzy - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 05:31 PM)Lou Wrote: No Way. We know Kelly has already killed one Hexienbiest - and that was without even trying. and who knows how many other Hexienbiests she's killed. I bet Elizabeth has never killed a Grimm. Besides, Diana likes Kelly. She could help turn the tide.

How many Verat did Kelly kill in the woods. I think there were 6. You think One Hexienbies equals six Verat?

LOL. I figured I may be in the minority (and I know Diana likes Kelly), but this is my reasoning:

There hasn't been a powerful Hexienbiest on Grimm....yet. Neither Adalind nor her mother were very effective at anything complicated they tried. Let's face it...this is Grimm and there must be one very powerful wicked witch on this show at some point...as in the fairy tales.

Also, Elizabeth's powers have been smooth and effortless AND she's fought off the Verat and attempts on her life made by the Royals. These facts were referenced by Captain Renard. She's a survivor, and we don't really know what she's capable of.

Quandry....I am confused about Hexienbiests in general. In one of the first episodes when Adalind and Renard were discussing killing Nick, she totally eradicated a nosey gang banger. Also, when Adalind lost Diana, she blew out all the car windows on one entire block just with a scream. Why hasn't she been able break out of the castle? Similarly, I don't believe Hexienbiests' powers are just with spells and such, but I think they must come into their power or practice their Craft. I think Adalind is a baby H'biest, but I do not think there is anything babyish about Elizabeth. Look how she saved Renard's life with the two headed viper.

Anyway, I thought it would be a interesting discussion. Magic vs physicality...with a large dose of the unknown about both characters thrown into the mix.

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - Lou - 11-24-2014

yeah, I think Hexienbiests are magical too.
The dungeon or cell that Adalind was in was Hexienbiest proof. Victor said he had is specially built for hexienbiEsts.

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - busyizzy - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 08:11 PM)Lou Wrote: yeah, I think Hexienbiests are magical too.
The dungeon or cell that Adalind was in was Hexienbiest proof. Victor said he had is specially built for hexienbiEsts.

I missed the reference made about the dungeon...which is why I am revisiting all the episodes. I have recently discovered I am 80% visual and 20% aural so I don't pick up verbal clues. Write it on the wall for me, thank you very much! Big Grin

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - speakeasy - 11-24-2014

Maybe Elizabeth could win in a fight with Kelly - if she had an Uzi and Kelly was chained up. Grimms are designed to vanquish wesen; it's what they do. That said, perhaps if Elizabeth could control all of the elements of the confrontation she could get the upper hand.

Agree that we may be seeing an extraordinarily wily, wise, and experienced Hexenbiest in E, guess time will tell. Certainly she doesn't seem daunted at the prospect of going after her granddaughter; gotta admit that. Big Grin Could be these two exceptional women are very well matched!

Of course, it's significant that Diana took to Kelly and the locket with Nick's picture in it and that Kelly so obviously loves the child. But I'm thinking that the baby is probably going to love her grandmother just as well as she loves Kelly, so they may have to get along!

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - Altered Realtity - 11-25-2014

In a fight for Diana, I think it would be hard to predict who would win. A lot would depend on where Diana is physically. You don't want to be throwing knives or spells around a baby! Neither woman would want Diana to come to harm, but I think Elizabeth would be extra cautious. And that caution could be a weak point for her.

Personally, I'd prefer it if the two didn't fight and they could work it out between them. And I suspect Diana would prefer that too. Remember, she has the power to back her wishs up Big Grin

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - busyizzy - 11-26-2014

Just occurred to me that the name Diana is the same as the Roman goddess Diana derived from:

"an old Indo-European root meaning "heavenly, divine," related to dyeus (see ZEUS). Diana was a Roman goddess of the moon, hunting, forests, and childbirth, often identified with the Greek goddess Artemis."

Considering who has her and is supposed to raise her...the hunting part is very interesting.

RE: In a fight for Diana, who wins? - syscrash - 12-01-2014

just as Nick and Renard became allies through confrontation. Have Elizabeth and Kelly need to join forces. In the need to protect Diana. Consider the royals now know Kelly has the child. There is Chavez and her group. Kelly is going to need help. Elizabeth is the best choice. See saved Nick so she is not Kelly's enemy. Kelly does not like hexenbiest, but will work with them to achieve a goal (worked with Renard to save Diana) . I could imagine the shock Adalind would have when faced with both Kelly and Elizabeth standing between her and Diana. would be enough to cause Adalind to become a double agent. giving her some sense of redemption. Remember she has a lot to atone for, she sold her baby to get her powers back.