Grimm Forum
S4E05 - Cry Luison - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E05 - Cry Luison (/Thread-S4E05-Cry-Luison)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - Lou - 11-28-2014

As pointed out by someone else before. what was the whole thing about breaking Adalind? To get her to cooperate in finding her baby? That's why she came to Vienna to in the first place. To get her to cooperate with Victor? How bout this: Adalnd , I don't have your baby but I will help you (with all my vast resources - and you with nothing) to find her.

I guess the writers just needed to keep Adalind busy for a few episodes, and this is the best they could think of. In which case, I guess its a pretty good device.

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - busyizzy - 11-28-2014

I agree @speakeasy ...this is a phenomenal thread. I agree with @Lou that @Altered Realtity put a great relationship and sociological summary together. I give three wow's, two thumbs up, AND a cookie to AR for that effort.

After rereading the last 4-5 posts over the past 24 hours, I must admit to having a small "ah ha!" moment. Most every (within Wesenage or interWesenage) relationship on Grimm has had few gleaming successes with the exception of our main cast of characters...at least the good guys/gals. And almost every one of our main cast of characters goes against type--they are unlike their contemporaries.

1. Nick is a cop AND a Grimm, but he doesn't blindly judge Wesen and believe they are all going to be bad. His aunt, his mom, and even TRubel (although she's learning) did not view Wesen the same way Nick does. Nick is also willing to fight for his relationship and a more stable life, whereas, many of the other Grimms moved around often.
2. Monroe is a Blutbad, however, he is non-violent and a vegan. He's also not an elitest even though he has parents who are/were and has married inter-Wesenagely.
3. Hank is a cop who is also a Kehrseite-Schlich-Kennen. Hank could be hyper-vigilant because of his knowledge and because of Adalind's spell, however, he is actually more level-headed than Nick is most of the time.
4. Rosalee is a Fuchsbau, is the sister of a major player in the Resistance, and married a Blutbad who could potentially be stronger and dangerous to her as many of the other inter-Wesenage marriages have shown. Yet, she sticks like glue to Monroe and friends while still showing loyalty to the Wesen Council.
5. Juliette is a Kehrseite-Schlich-Kennen who is in a relationship with a Grimm (who usually don't form relationships) and is still open to Wesen friendships even though she's been subjected to spells and Wesen abuse/interference.
6. Renard is a police captain and a Royal Zeiberbiest who has not (at least yet) jockeyed for a position of power within the Royal families. He also returned the key to Nick, which no other Royal would have done.

To summarize….our main cast of characters (the good guys/gals, anyway) aren't typical of the Wesen/human population, and they form their own pack, herd, lodge, flock….community....together.

I should stop expecting them to be "normal" as described by other Wesen or humans in the earlier episodes because by their own "characters," they aren't.

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - Lou - 11-28-2014

@ buzzyizzy, you didn't give me any "aha moments" but I found your conclusions absolutely correct and showing great insight.

To everyone, is there any other TV show that allows for this much disection, analysis, and discussion?

Just a couple of more hours and this thread becomes obsolete. Smile

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - speakeasy - 11-28-2014

Great observations, busyizzy. You know what characteristic all of these people you listed share: independent thinking. That's a rare quality in any group. It take a kind of courage to deviate from conventional thinking. And it's the only type of reasoning that pushes civilization forward.

Lou, I think that Viktor is in trouble with the King about not having Diana be raised as a Royal family member and grow up living in the castle. Apart from Renard's father wanting to have the child with him, I'm wondering if she has more importance to the family than just that. Such that Viktor will go to great lengths to get her. This was a very elaborate scheme to bring Adalind under his sway. The last scene of this episode seemed to stress that and it appeared he knew what he wanted from her next. I know we've discussed this subject before, and I agree the way Adalind's storyline has been handled comes across as "filler" material. And he could have accomplished his goal by just offering help unless he thought she wouldn't cooperate when she discovered she had been misled into thinking he already had the baby.

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - busyizzy - 11-28-2014

(11-28-2014, 07:15 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Great observations, busyizzy. You know what characteristic all of these people you listed share: independent thinking. That's a rare quality in any group. It take a kind of courage to deviate from conventional thinking. And it's the only type of reasoning that pushes civilization forward.

Exactly, speakeasy. The reason this was an ah ha moment for me is because these characters are all quite diverse. They don't really have a lot in common other than they are independent thinkers. This was why I could not picture them in other social situations.

It's not about whether or not there are Wesson bars, support groups, or WesenMatch.com. These characters fit together already, and they ARE the example for the other Wesens, Grimms, Royals, and Humans to follow.

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - Gaultheria - 11-29-2014

(11-28-2014, 06:18 PM)Lou Wrote: To everyone, is there any other TV show that allows for this much disection, analysis, and discussion?

"I was there, at the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind. It began in the Earth year 2257 with the founding of the last of the Babylon stations . . ."

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - Altered Realtity - 11-29-2014

Thanks @busyizzy, I will take that cookie Big Grin (haven't had breakfast yet).

I see the point about our folks being atypical of their kind and how they are building their own "family" around each other.

@Lou I thought the point of Adalind's "journey" was to break her down to the point of being willing to give up all of the Resistance members who helped her. I think Vicktor really has two objectives, get the baby (or else, as the King has indicated, wonder what the or else would be) and destroy the rest of the Resistance. So, while she was willing to do "anything" to find her baby, I think until she was broken, Vicktor couldn't be sure she wouldn't fudge things regarding Resistance. Now she's so desperate she really will do anything. That said, if she gives up Meisner I will be pissed (she may have already, I missed stuff last night thanks to people who won't be quiet).

@Gaultheria HA! I would have suggested Doctor Who, it's been driving discussion for 50 years!

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - Lou - 11-29-2014

Thanks, Altered Reality. That explanation makes a lot of sense. Help yourself to another cookie. Smile

RE: S4E05 - Cry Luison - Altered Realtity - 11-29-2014

(11-29-2014, 09:46 AM)Lou Wrote: Thanks, Altered Reality. That explanation makes a lot of sense. Help yourself to another cookie. Smile

Thanks! Cookies are good (still haven't had breakfast).