Grimm Forum
S4E03 - The Last Fight - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E03 - The Last Fight (/Thread-S4E03-The-Last-Fight)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

S4E03 - The Last Fight - GrimmForum - 11-07-2014

Season 4 Episode 3
The Last Fight

[Image: MGK7iKzl.jpg]

Air Date: November 7, 2014

Synopsis: After Nick (David Giuntoli) has a bizarre, unsettling vision, he and Hank (Russell Hornsby) find themselves on a case that takes them into the world of boxing. Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) finds herself under the watchful eye of Agent Chavez (guest star Elizabeth Rodriguez) before jumping into the ring to help with Nick's investigation. Meanwhile, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) get some unexpected help in figuring out a way to restore Nick's Grimm abilities. Elsewhere, Adalind (Claire Coffee) encounters a mysterious visitor in her dungeon cell. Bitsie Tulloch, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee‎ also star.

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - Grimmster123 - 11-07-2014

1. I actually really really liked this episode. The bull wesen (is this the same wesen as the guy from Volcanalis? I don't think so but I'm not 100%) getting provoked into fighting was very creative and I also thought it was cool how they had the greedy match promoter make Clay think that it was him who killed Bang Bang Moore. I liked Clay a lot because it's really been a while since we've had a wesen victim to emphasize with. I enjoyed seeing Trubel show off her fighting skills in the ring and hopefully that will calm Nick's nervousness about using her out in the field in the future.

2. We finally found out to some degree who Agent Chavez works for. Trying to recruit Trubel for some sort of Grimm group where I'm assuming they fight for the Royals or some other group. I'm hoping that Trubel will tell Nick about the meeting between the two but I don't think she will, maybe when he gets his powers back.

3. We found out that Prince Viktor's other prisoner is a creepy looking bearded man named Hoffman who apparently knows a way to escape and wants to help Adalind find her baby. Not sure what's going to happen with that but it's interesting none the less.

Overall I think this episode was very good. Simple plot but it worked extremely well and the overarching storyline also progressed which was nice as well.

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - Lou - 11-08-2014

Well, this was my least favorite episode of the season, and maybe a little bit of a disappointment in some ways. But overall, I liked this episode. I think it was the first episode in about 10 episodes that was a little bit of a disappointment for me. So I'll give it some slack cause that was a pretty long run of racheting up the suspense in each episode.

Years ago someone explained the difference to me about a "serialized" vs "procedural" tv shows. * I really like serialized tv better. One of the advantages of serialized tv is that if sheds fans slower. Its disadvantage is that it grows new fans very slowly. It also has more DVD sales and streaming sales than procedural (and especially reality tv.)
Anyway, I've found it interesting that Grimm tries to incorporate both elements in its episodes. And I've wondered if there is a sort of shifting around season by season or during a season. Up until now i thought it was heavily leaning towards the serial end of the spectrum. But with the Weson of the Week being introduced and resolved in just one episode, I can make the case that this represents some movement back to the procedural end of the spectrum. Its just another little interesting facet of this show we over-analyze.

The Weson of the Week part of the show seemed a little weak. but I'm not sure why I thought that. We did get not just one but two new Wesons. Oh wait, we got three, counting the one that Trubel got to box. Was she some kind of horse Weson?

Unlike many of you, I've been a big fan of Trubel since she first showed up and I still am. I like some of the internal conflicts she brings to the show. I think a show just about fighting monsters would get boring fast. In this episode we see Nick facing and struggling with the issue of risking Trubel's life as opposed to just his own. And the fact that Trubel continues to be both disobedient and reckless just adds to Nick's issues.

In the "why do I worry about these things" department. What has happened to Juliette's bike? We last saw it abandoned in the middle of the road. Did she get it back? If she didn't, when is she going to tell Juliette? or when does Juliette notice. Only a day of two has gone by so this may become a plot point in the next episode. or not.

In the quibble department. Chavez is not a very good sales woman. She didn't give much info to Trubel to think about. I know Trubel was just glad to get out of there but still. "Don't i get a brochure?" Do you have a web site? Some references? what about a mission statement?" I want all those things before I join a super secret organization.

Trubel has had some time to tell/ask Nick about this but hasn't. So she must be " not telling Nick" to protect him, as suggested by Chavez. But she could still change her mind. or she could go off to wherever or whatever Chavez's organization goes. I kind of think she ought to discuss this with Nick before she goes. but i think this part of the story has to dovetail with the "Nick Lost His Powers" part. but i have no idea how this is going to work out. I'm looking forward to this discussion:
Juliette: have you seen my bike?
Truble: oh yeah, i lost it when Chavez abducted me.

one of mine or our's most common complaint is that frequently the writers over - arcing season long themes tend to bog down. So it was with some relief that the Adalind theme seems to moving along nicely -she has already escaped! Or has she? The escape seems a little too easy. But then I can't imagine a reason why Victor would let her escape. Maybe he thinks he can follow her back to the Resistance.

The "Nicks not a Grimm " story line is also making some progress. Now we have Renard's mom actively helping (in the spice shop!). And Juliette makes Nick see a doctor about his "loss of vision". This is defiantly part of Juliette's DNA. After all she is a doctor herself, and we've seen her insist on medical help before. Plus now that Nick isn't a Grimm, doctor visits aren't so risky. And the doctor visit proves rewarding. We get our first physiological piece of the puzzle that is a Grimm. More rods and cones, and from birth - that's sort of interesting. However, what about his ultra low heart rate. Or was that a Zombie thing and not a Grimm thing - has he returned to normal? or did that eventually wear off? I can't remember the last time that was brought up.

The "We gotta tell Wu" story line seems to be just treading water for now. but it defiantly appears to be coming to a head.

Then just when I thought the show was getting more procedural, we end with some creepy masked guys just across the street from the spice shop. Who the heck are they??!!

@ Grimmster, I don't see Nick's nervousness being quelled. In fact, i think he is even more worryed. Even though he does it himself more often than not, he doesn't like killing Weson "murder suspects". And Trubel seems to be just as lethal as Nick - if not more so. And as far as Chavez's group goes. It seems like a group that consists of both Weson and Grimms could be a good group. But not necessarily so. Like you said they could be working for the Royals. Wasn't there a group of Hit Squad Grimms in the Spanish Revolution?

*http://seriable.com/serialized-vs-procedural-television-series/

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - Gaultheria - 11-08-2014

Oh, man, subtle-as-a-sledgehammer in-jokes bug me. I can sort of accept, in the context of the story, that the ambitious and aggressive mother would call her son "Clay", but the "Raging Bull" stuff was too silly.

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - Grimmster123 - 11-08-2014

@Lou
I'm just getting a little sick of Nick being so worried about Trubel every single episode. I like Hank's approach to the whole situation which seems to always be "She'll be fine" lol. I mean I know she is sort of like a daughter to him now but if it wasn't for her there's no way they would be able to crack any of these cases. I personally think that one of the reasons that she ends up doing more than she's asked to do is because Nick tells her not to do it. I mean think about it, if you have a little kid and you tell him not to look in the closet while you're out shopping chances are he or she is going to look in the closet. I feel like if Nick showed a little confidence in her then their relationship would really flourish.

Like Lou, I'm also a big fan of Trubel. I know that one of the big complaints many of you have regarding Trubel is that it seems like she's trying to show Nick up and she's a rebel who doesn't do what she's told. Now I can see how that may come across as that being the case but I recently read an interview with Jacqueline Toboni who plays Trubel and she had a different take on the situation that I thought was interesting. She said that the reason she tries to go above and beyond to help Nick and Hank out in there investigation is because she feels like she's been mooching off Nick for a while by staying at his house and learning from him and now she has this grand opportunity to pay him back. If you really think about it, it makes sense. She's not disobeying him because she doesn't respect him she's disobeying him because she wants to help him out.

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - wfmyers1207 - 11-08-2014

Not bad overall. The corrupt fight game thing was a cliche back in the 1940's, but making the seemingly loving Mom part of it was a nice twist.

Nick seems to be realizing that his not being a grimm is something that cannot go on much longer. Hopefully, the show will resolve that issue very soon. I don't think Nick is overly concerned about putting Truble in dangerous situations, I think Hank is under concerned!Smile The girl is good, but no one is invincible.

Advice to Truble;
a) No matter what, tell Nick and Hank everything unusual that happens. Like, you know being snatched and offered recruitment into a secret organization that some wesen FBI agent tells you about. To heck with threats, Nick and Hank are the guys that have your back when it counts. That FBI candy ass is just trying to sell you something!

b) And for once could you please do what you are told!Tongue You are going to give Nick ulcers or a heart attack, you stupid little wench!Angry

From what we saw in the last episode, I think the guy in the next cell to Adalind was a plant. Viktor is just trying to scam her. He may actually let her out in order to follow her to LBB. Why use the werrat? Let the dumb as a box of rocks hexenbitch do it for you?Big Grin

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - Starfury - 11-08-2014

(11-08-2014, 10:31 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Advice to Truble;
a) No matter what, tell Nick and Hank everything unusual that happens. Like, you know being snatched and offered recruitment into a secret organization that some wesen FBI agent tells you about. To heck with threats, Nick and Hank are the guys that have your back when it counts. That FBI candy ass is just trying to sell you something!

b) And for once could you please do what you are told!Tongue You are going to give Nick ulcers or a heart attack, you stupid little wench!Angry

From what we saw in the last episode, I think the guy in the next cell to Adalind was a plant. Viktor is just trying to scam her. He may actually let her out in order to follow her to LBB. Why use the werrat? Let the dumb as a box of rocks hexenbitch do it for you?Big Grin

Got to say you seem to have summed up my feelings entirely.

My only quibble with the season so far is how stupid they are making Adalind appear, as you say she appears to be dumb as a box of rocks, but that doesn't speak well for our side who she pulled one over on. I'm hoping she either comes out of her post natal funk and starts sticking it to everyone or my preferred choice is she is being a sly hexenbiest and already knows she is being manipulated and is just biding her time and waiting for the main chance (she knows the Royals don't have LBB but they are likely to have the best sources of information to lead her to her baby).

And to reitterate to Trubel, for pete's sake follow orders, oltherwise you will end up being cooked over some wesen's cooking fire, haunch of grimm anyone Tongue

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - speakeasy - 11-08-2014

Liked it. I liked the boxing world references that were used, but agree they could be interpreted as corny. You know you're having a bad week when you get your jaw broken one day and get killed the next - but the name Bobbie Moore may have been a nod to boxing great Archie Moore, who, btw, fought Ali when he was known as Cassius Clay. Think "Bang Bang" is the nickname of a present-day fighter, too.

No Easter egg for me this time. But it was interesting to find that Grimms have an extra cone or two in their macula. Nick's is swollen and they can't tell how many he has, so if it's just the one it might mean he's a girl. Checking to see if you're paying attention.

I've never had much of an opinion one way or the other about Trubel until last week. If she hadn't been so youthfully overzealous and reckless in following the Gedachtnis-Esser to Capt. Vickers house he would have completed his code-extraction mission and have passed on top-secret information to an enemy - she was a hero in stopping him, imo. Sleeps better at night now, too.

But when we consider the nature of most Grimms (Trubel's now an official Decapitare Big Grin), it's a concern that she is being recruited into the organization Chavez is talking about. But since Chavez is a wesen, it's fair to assume it's not an anti-wesen faction. On the other hand, it's gotta involve wesen because that's what Grimms do, and Chavez made a reference to criminal wesen in some of her remarks. Botheration, I'm completely puzzled, can't wait to see what's up. Crossing my fingers and hoping that Chavez is one of the good guys - and that she knows Farley Kolt, ha,ha.

I fall into the 'Nick's worried about leading Trubel into harm's way and he won't be able to help her' camp. Now I'm worried. If we're all lucky, the Captain's mom will set him right as rain in next week's episode and we can all go for pizza.

Monroe seems very afraid of Elizabeth. She's going to want to see her granddaughter. But I'm thinking those two men outside of the spice shop were sent to punish R and M for their association with a Grimm. Wesen Council? Don't think so for some reason.

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - Elkhound - 11-08-2014

(11-08-2014, 01:24 PM)speakeasy Wrote: But when we consider the nature of most Grimms (Trubel's now an official Decapitare Big Grin), i

You mean 'Decapitrice', don't you? (I'm not sure if the Englishe would be "Decapitrix' or 'Decapitress.")

(11-08-2014, 01:24 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Monroe seems very afraid of Elizabeth.

Monroe is not stupid.

RE: S4E03 - The Last Fight - Lou - 11-08-2014

OK, here is an interesting thought. The guys lurking outside the spice shop put on masks. That might mean they are not Weson. If my memory serves, only once did we see Wesons put on masks. And that was cause they were robbing banks.
So lets just assume that they are 4 humans. And they go up against a Blurbatt and a Hexeinbiest that can stop time. These guys are gonna get killed. Then Monroe calls Nick. and Elizabeth calls Renard. and Nick has to cover up the crimes. Sheesh.

I just saw the preview of the next episode. I usually don't watch them. No spoiler: it looks really interesting.