Grimm Forum
S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 4 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4)
+---- Thread: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories (/Thread-S4E01-Thanks-for-the-Memories)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - GrimmForum - 10-24-2014

Season 4 Episode 1
Thanks for the Memories

[Image: eLdr8VKl.jpg]

Air Date: October 24, 2014

Synopsis: After the events at Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee’s (Bree Turner) wedding, Nick (David Giuntoli) is faced with losing his identity as a Grimm. Hank (Russell Hornsby) and Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) join Nick as they try to figure out how to deal with Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) as she faces the consequences of a heinous murder she committed. Meanwhile, when Wu (Reggie Lee) arrives at the scene, his discoveries bring back images of his traumatic encounter. A new threat arrives in Portland to steal the memories of its victims, leaving them in a state of dementia. Elsewhere, Captain Renard’s (Sasha Roiz) life hangs in the balance and Adalind (Claire Coffee) falls into Prince Viktor’s (guest star Alexis Denisof) trap as she desperately searches for her baby.

Season 4 is finally here! Your thoughts on this episode?

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Lou - 10-24-2014

Really good episode. I think the writers did a great job of picking up exactly where they left off. And left me guessing to where they are going.
I also liked that they put in another Wesson of the week into this story. I like the multi threaded plots.
I still really like the addition of Trouble to the Grimm squad. She is really taking to being a Grimm. And she is getting along with the Squad pretty well. If this was a Josh Wedon show, she would probably have to be killed off soon. *
Still plenty of unanswered or partially answered questions.
Is Renard dead? I felt like that they left that up in the air a little bit.
Who is that blonde? Does he have a sister? a cousin? It couldn't be his mother, or could it?
How long will it be before Nick gets his powers back?
How will Nick get his powers back?
As usual will Rosalee provide a cure?
Is Trouble really off the hook for murdering an FBI agent?
Is that Wesson FBI agent going to be a problem?
what will the FBI discover about the Royals?
Is Nick and Juliette going to get over this hump? Is she still thinking of leaving him? (by the way, i really liked Juliette in this episode, too. She showed some real strength of character. )
Is Hank going to tell Wu what is going on? or is Wu going to crack up, again?
And what will happen when Adalind discovers the Royals don't have her baby? will she come back to Portland? Or will she get herself killed?
Are the writers going to milk these themes all season? For Grimm's sake, I hope not.

* I've heard this described as PJWS, Post Josh Wedon Syndrome: An unreasonable fear that all your favorite characters will be killed off, perhaps in a gruesome manner.

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Grimmster123 - 10-24-2014

I would like to start out by saying that I really liked this episode. I felt like they did a good job of moving the story forward and progressing it from last year's finale. I would also like to talk about some of the things I found interesting about this episode.

1. I know a lot of people want Nick to regain his Grimm powers sooner rather than later but I liked seeing Trubel in a more prominent role. I think it will be interesting to see how Trubel acts now that she's the only Grimm in Portland. I think that by using Trubel, Nick is forced to come up with more creative ways to run his investigation like having Trubel run into the Gedachtnis Esser and attempt to steal his bag to get him all riled up so he vogues. I'm also looking forward to seeing Nick act like a real cop for a little bit and actually find evidence in order to catch the criminals as opposed to just relying on his powers.

2. We found out that Agent Chavez is a Steinadler and that she is suspicious about Trubel and has a hunch that she may be more than just a houseguest. However it is yet to be determined if she is just a wesen working in the FBI or if she is also a member of the Resistance or something like that.

3. I thought that the Gedachtnis Esser was very cool looking and I'm really eager to find out why he's stealing the memories of SITRE Corp employees. It appears to have something to do with secret military information but what exactly he's looking for has yet to be determined.

4. Lastly, I appears as though Wu is very suspicious at this point, in fact he seemed downright angry at some points. I wonder when he will finally learn Nick's secret because you know he's going to at some point.

Overall I thought it was a very good premiere and I'm looking forward to next week!!

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - SvenJoli - 10-25-2014

When FBI Agent Chavez was giving Nick the stink-eye after Trubel's debriefing, I think she was trying to determine if he was a Grimm.

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Lou - 10-25-2014

Last night I re-watched a couple of episodes because I couldn't remember what the story with Steward was. Anyway, the first time we meet Steward, he is in his office and getting a report from a female FBI, agent. I'm pretty sure its Chavez.* Wouldn't a Steinadler know a Hunjager when she sees one? And visa -versa?
Puts kind of a different spin on whether she is resistance or verrat.
The other clue we have is that the writers choose a Steinadler, not another Hunjager. And we know from Farley Kolt, that sometimes these Steinladlers are good guys.

* Neither IMDB or the Grimm Wiki list the actress or the character as in S3 E18, so maybe I'm mistaken. Anyone else want to go take another look?

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Altered Realtity - 10-25-2014

Nice season premiere, with good continuity (always a bonus after a long break). I'm now very impatient to see how the various story lines will play out. Guess I got spoiled by watching seasons 1-3 on DVD~no waiting needed.

The MOTW's MO is creepy! And *ouch* those head wounds look seriously nasty.

Poor Wu, if someone doesn't clue him in soon, his head is going to explode.

@SvenJoli, that was my thought too!

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Grimmster123 - 10-25-2014

@SvenJoli
I also found it funny when Nick and Hank were interviewing the Gedachtnis Esser. Nick was staring the suspect down hard expecting to see him vogue like he forgot he lost his powers. You can tell that this is very frustrating for him already.

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - wfmyers1207 - 10-25-2014

I enjoyed this premiere episode overall.

We found out that Agent Chavez is a steinadler and we know from S1 that they CAN be good guys. It's hard to tell which side they're on. So, does she work for the werrat, the Council, the Laufer, or is she just a good FBI agent who happens to be wesen?

As a wesen, she would know how the Grimm's have traditionally dispatched naughty folks. If she knew about Weston Stewart, then these 2 facts would give her plenty of cause to suspect that Truble is a Grimm. Also, she was looking at Truble's records and the Grimm books. When she reads about the periods in mental instituitons, because of "hallucinations" the light probably came onExclamation

No way the Captain's dead. Our newest hexenbitch is going to save him somhow. And despite their relatively close ages, I still think she's the captain's mother. As others have suggested, perhaps hexenbeists don't age as quickly as normal humans.

The Octoman is a really disgusting new bad guy. Gonna like it when they take him out with extreme prejudice! Tongue

Only a couple of points I didn't like. I think they tried to pack a little too much into a single episode. Perhaps they should have devoted a bit less time to the Octoman plot.

Didn't care for that snotty, almost dismissive attitude Truble seemed to be developing now that she's the only Grimm. That will get old quickly.

However, based on promos and episode synopsis, I think she is going to get smacked down hard in next weeks episode. Teaching her a very important lesson.

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Sable677 - 10-25-2014

I really enjoyed the episode for the most part. I think they put a lot into the episode since there are so many different stories going on. The Nick/Juliette stuff played much better than I was thinking. I'm glad that they are not falling back into old patterns and trying to do things together. Trubel was all right but she got a little too cocky for me after Juliette told her she was the only Grimm. The Captain better be alright. I'm intrigued by the FBI agent, and I am really curious about who is behind Octoman trying to get this info. I definitely don't want Nick being Grimmless for too long though. Last night made me realize how much I miss my favorite Grimm already.

RE: S4E01 - Thanks for the Memories - Secret Keeper - 10-25-2014

I thought I heard Wu's partner (what's his name?) call him Jeremy. Did anybody else hear that?