Grimm Forum
Grimm view world - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm view world (/Thread-Grimm-view-world)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Grimm view world - dicappatore - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 06:14 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 03:38 PM)irukandji Wrote: But here's my issue with Trubel. Wesen don't just walk around in the utterly ridiculous "invisible mode" for the heck of it. Usually when they are in that woge, they're angry. Why didn't the wesen who attacked Trubel simply wig out over her eyes and run away, with the usual, "Aaaaahhhh! You're a grimm!"? And if Trubel has been attacked often enough to be declared mentally unbalanced, certainly more than one wesen has freaked out at her and called her a grimm. Wouldn't she be questioning exactly what a "grimm" is?

The other thing I find odd about Trubel is either she did something to piss every wesen who encountered her off so much that they only they could do was the utterly ridiculous "invisible woge" or all wesen are just evil 24/7. But only to her. And so she was declared mentally incompetent. Even that makes no sense because there'd have to be wesen in the mental institutions with her. We know they're in prison and they woge there. What would make a wesen staying in a mental institution any different?

IIRC, Monroe and Rosalee’s wedding guest realized Trubel was a Grimm then woged. When Adalind and Nick saw each other in the pilot, Adalind realized Nick was a Grimm then woged in response. So I don’t think Wesen have to be in an invisible woge to detect a Grimm. Plus, the typical Wesen reaction to Nick was fear and/or hatred with a few becoming his friends and others learning to trust him. Given that, I don’t think Trubel had to do anything to cause a Wesen to attack. They attacked simply because they detected she was a Grimm. Bud practically wet his pants when realizing he was in a Grimm’s house. But someone like Monroe isn’t going to run screaming because he’s face to face with a Grimm.

I don’t recall the show addressing it, but imagine many Wesen have the see a Grimm kill a Grimm attitude like Grimm’s see a Wesen kill a Wesen attitude. So for many of the Wesen Trubel encountered they were attempting to kill before being killed.

All the Wesen at Monroe’s wedding were probably unaware that one Grimm was going to show up, let alone 2. Hence, the reason for the sun glasses that Nick forgot to wear. He ended up wearing prescription sunglasses causing him to drop the bottle of potion to prevent his loss of Grimm.

Imagine just a small re-write in this scenario, like not forgetting the sunglasses. What other possible outcomes could be predicted. For one option, Juliette would never become the Hexenbiest. I have posted even further options I would have followed in previous posts.

But, I have family that was an actor in 3 or 4 episodes of Walking Dead and they didn’t want my advise either. That series is also becoming stale. Every time they seem get to settle down. And starting to have control of their lives. All hell breaks loose. It’s becoming boring.

RE: Grimm view world - irukandji - 07-20-2017

(07-19-2017, 06:14 PM)Robyn Wrote: IIRC, Monroe and Rosalee’s wedding guest realized Trubel was a Grimm then woged.

That would have to be blooper because if not, then wesen would be attacking Nick simply on the basis that they detected he was a grimm without knowing it firsthand. When Trubel was in the hospital, the nurse woged and then checked Trubel's eyes (which were totally black), to ensure she was a grimm.

(07-19-2017, 06:14 PM)Robyn Wrote: When Adalind and Nick saw each other in the pilot, Adalind realized Nick was a Grimm then woged in response. So I don’t think Wesen have to be in an invisible woge to detect a Grimm.

But she didn't woge the first time she looked and saw Nick and Hank watching her. There have been discussions to the effect that Adalind may not have been woging at Nick's grimm at all, but instead was woging in anger. The two men were leering at her. Or, she could have been woging as the result of a blush. She might have liked the two men leering at her. Or maybe she was having a remembered emotional response to whatever it was her friend told her. She happened to look up during her invisible woge and saw that Nick was a grimm and then reacted in kind. We don't really know, but it seems the intent was to have the wesen woge, and then see that Nick was a grimm by his black eyes.

We know so little about why wesen woge, it would make sense that the woge is done in response to more than just anger.

(07-19-2017, 06:14 PM)Robyn Wrote: Plus, the typical Wesen reaction to Nick was fear and/or hatred with a few becoming his friends and others learning to trust him. Given that, I don’t think Trubel had to do anything to cause a Wesen to attack. They attacked simply because they detected she was a Grimm.

Or they attacked her because in some way she provoked them. The series tends to portray Trubel as a poor little friendless teenager who did nothing to anyone but still managed to get, well, trouble in return. What the series failed to do is show the incorrigible teenage side of her. That's the side that knows how to live off the streets as well as knowing the various undergrounds to keep her out of reach of the law. Trubel lived in foster homes, mental institutions and no doubt a juvenile correctional facility or two. There's no way she'd be going through those without hooking up with kids her own age. It's likely that some of those kids would be wesen. Just because the parents have an issue with grimms doesn't mean the kids would, especially since they are kids and are not mature. Most of them are just looking for a good time.

(07-19-2017, 06:14 PM)Robyn Wrote: I don’t recall the show addressing it, but imagine many Wesen have the see a Grimm kill a Grimm attitude like Grimm’s see a Wesen kill a Wesen attitude. So for many of the Wesen Trubel encountered they were attempting to kill before being killed.

And that presents a conundrum for the series because Monroe proved all of that wrong by simply calling out to Nick and inviting him in for a beer. Most of the wesen we've seen who've been a problem are those who are annoyed or angry that Nick's snooping around them. They woge in frustration or anger, make the immortal statement that they know he's a grimm, and then attack him or run away.

If there are that many species of wesen running around Portland, it's a safe bet to assume that most of them don't do the ridiculous invisible woge just to see if there are grimms out there.

RE: Grimm view world - dicappatore - 07-21-2017

(07-19-2017, 06:14 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 03:38 PM)irukandji Wrote: But here's my issue with Trubel. Wesen don't just walk around in the utterly ridiculous "invisible mode" for the heck of it. Usually when they are in that woge, they're angry. Why didn't the wesen who attacked Trubel simply wig out over her eyes and run away, with the usual, "Aaaaahhhh! You're a grimm!"? And if Trubel has been attacked often enough to be declared mentally unbalanced, certainly more than one wesen has freaked out at her and called her a grimm. Wouldn't she be questioning exactly what a "grimm" is?

The other thing I find odd about Trubel is either she did something to piss every wesen who encountered her off so much that they only they could do was the utterly ridiculous "invisible woge" or all wesen are just evil 24/7. But only to her. And so she was declared mentally incompetent. Even that makes no sense because there'd have to be wesen in the mental institutions with her. We know they're in prison and they woge there. What would make a wesen staying in a mental institution any different?

IIRC, Monroe and Rosalee’s wedding guest realized Trubel was a Grimm then woged. When Adalind and Nick saw each other in the pilot, Adalind realized Nick was a Grimm then woged in response. So I don’t think Wesen have to be in an invisible woge to detect a Grimm. Plus, the typical Wesen reaction to Nick was fear and/or hatred with a few becoming his friends and others learning to trust him. Given that, I don’t think Trubel had to do anything to cause a Wesen to attack. They attacked simply because they detected she was a Grimm. Bud practically wet his pants when realizing he was in a Grimm’s house. But someone like Monroe isn’t going to run screaming because he’s face to face with a Grimm.

I don’t recall the show addressing it, but imagine many Wesen have the see a Grimm kill a Grimm attitude like Grimm’s see a Wesen kill a Wesen attitude. So for many of the Wesen Trubel encountered they were attempting to kill before being killed.

Wesen cannot know if a person in front of them is a Grimm until they (privately) voge. Something about the Wesen being able to see themselves in the Grimm’s eyes. This is confirmed all over all six seasons. When Nick saw Adalind voge in S1, E1 She voge across the street form Nick. She might have voge due to the two men, (Hank and Nick) looking at her but Nick was able to see her as a Wesen that’s when she saw him as a Grimm, not before. They both discuss that first meeting when they are moving out of his house. Early on S5, E3, Lost Boys

Adalind: How long have you lived in this house?
Nick: [Kelly fusses as he picks him up] Shh. About six and a half years. I never thought I'd be here forever, but I didn't know anything about being a Grimm when I bought it... Now that I think about it, you were my first.
Adalind: First what?
Nick: First woge I ever saw. Remember that? You were coming out of a coffee shop. I was with Hank... [Flashback of Nick seeing Adalind woge in "Pilot"] and you looked at me.
Adalind: As I remember it, you were looking at me.
Nick: You scared the hell out of me.
Adalind: You scared the hell out of me too. I guess you were my first as well. I'd never seen a Grimm before.

As for out introduction to Trubel. At first, that scene had nothing to do with Wesen looking for a Grimm to kill. They were not reapers who hunt Grimms. It was just two bad guys looking to rape a lone girl in a desolate place, who just happened to be Wesen. Once they dragged her off into the field to rape her, they voge to add to the terror. Her Grimm kicks in and before they can say “OMG it’s a Grimm”. The camera pans away and you see blood splatter. Their blood as she kills them.

Just as Wesen have their DNA to change, Grimms have their DNA as natural born fighters. I am sure the training Nick got at the police academy didn’t hurt but he was already a good fighter being a Grimm That’s why Trubel was able to kill them.

RE: Grimm view world - irukandji - 07-21-2017

(07-19-2017, 09:23 AM)Robyn Wrote: For the average person unaware that any species such as Wesen exist, seeing one morph into even a Bud or Rosalee type of Wesen would be frightening. Seeing some of the more grotesque and reasonably assumed violent and predatory Wesen would be beyond horrific.

In another thread the thought came up that Nick is not human. I'm still on the fence with this one, but I think that's an interesting avenue to pursue. So for the sake of debate, let's say that Nick is not human, he only looks human, as do the rest of the grimms.

I think it could be horrific for some humans to see wesen, but I don't believe that would apply for all humans. On the other hand, I can see a bigger majority of humans reacting to grimms killing off wesen using the reason that they (the grimms) are protecting humans.

Would humans approve of an inhuman race fighting behind the scenes to "protect" them?

RE: Grimm view world - jsgrimm45 - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 04:27 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 09:23 AM)Robyn Wrote: For the average person unaware that any species such as Wesen exist, seeing one morph into even a Bud or Rosalee type of Wesen would be frightening. Seeing some of the more grotesque and reasonably assumed violent and predatory Wesen would be beyond horrific.

In another thread the thought came up that Nick is not human. I'm still on the fence with this one, but I think that's an interesting avenue to pursue. So for the sake of debate, let's say that Nick is not human, he only looks human, as do the rest of the grimms.

I think it could be horrific for some humans to see wesen, but I don't believe that would apply for all humans. On the other hand, I can see a bigger majority of humans reacting to grimms killing off wesen using the reason that they (the grimms) are protecting humans.

Would humans approve of an inhuman race fighting behind the scenes to "protect" them?
As with all thing this would depend on the human, just a guess you would see killing wesen as not a good thing in most cases. Where I might see it as say more like Wu first question shouldn't we be killing all of them? Like I said in another post you have a better view of mankind than I do, and you apply it to wesen good view just not one I share.

RE: Grimm view world - bart - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 04:27 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Why you dont think Wesen are horrific they eat people.

RE: Grimm view world - brandon - 07-21-2017

We must remember that the wolf chased pig.
Monroe also mentions it but he never attacks a pig-bauerswein-

RE: Grimm view world - eric - 07-21-2017

Speaking only for myself, if I saw anyone woge, even into something like Bud, and I was conceal carry at that time, I would blow them away. My reaction to them changing back would probably be like Hank, course I would not report my action to the police. I might tell my doctor I think I was having some sort of breakdown, but I doubt I would confess--my state's prison for the criminally insane is really bad news. Its easy to sit in your easy chair and say, Oh, I would be okay with it, but if the creature looked like a wolf, lion, or even a fox, the normal reaction would be fight or flee.

RE: Grimm view world - rpmaluki - 07-21-2017

In an ideal world we'd all shake our fists at anyone killing another person, whether it's wesen on human, grimm on wesen, wesen on Grimm, human on human or wesen on wesen. Unfortunately the ideal world doesn't exist whether it's this one we live in or the Grimm-verse. Of all the human reactions I've seen on this show when encountering a wesen for the first time, whether it's a vicious kind or a benign wesen, they were all extremely frightened. In their limited view of their world wesen don't exist, they are the stuff of fairytales or nightmares. Some imagined the "monsters" as something to be put down, others thought they were going crazy, nobody wanted to embrace these creatures in that first encounter. If finding out wesen exist, I imagine finding out Grimms existed will be viewed in better light because at least they fight those "monsters", often protecting them from them specifically.

Once the truth is out and everyone adjusts to the full realisation of the existence of wesen, I'm sure there will be time to reform how Grimms deal with wesen because it will be apparent that not all wesen are violent in nature, nor do they feed on humans or commit heinous crimes on other people, wesen or human. Nick may be one of the first to go by this new rule but in an inclusive world, all Grimms will be compelled to dial back on the whole judge, jury and executioner, except for extreme cases like Zerstörer and the like.

In a way Grimms operate much like today's Hollywood brand of superheroes, as long as he "protects" the general public, wesen and human, he's got carte blanch on how to fighting the bad guys with the government's approval.

RE: Grimm view world - dicappatore - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 07:47 AM)eric Wrote: Speaking only for myself, if I saw anyone woge, even into something like Bud, and I was conceal carry at that time, I would blow them away. My reaction to them changing back would probably be like Hank, course I would not report my action to the police. I might tell my doctor I think I was having some sort of breakdown, but I doubt I would confess--my state's prison for the criminally insane is really bad news. Its easy to sit in your easy chair and say, Oh, I would be okay with it, but if the creature looked like a wolf, lion, or even a fox, the normal reaction would be fight or flee.

My question to you eric is. What would be Your caliber of choice? I own both 9mm and 45 APC. The 9mm has twice the capacity, 15 rounds. The 1911A1 with the updated magazine has 8 rounds. But when I look at the barrels facing me, as they would face a Wesen, of both guns next to each other. The 45 APC larger diameter is much more impressive.

For me? I would choose the 45APC. Less rounds, but I practice, so I would hit what I was shooting at. Now that I think about it. Two Christmases or so, after watching so many episodes of “Walking Dead” I finally caved in and bought me a 357 Mag wheel gun. But this revolver is a large frame Taurus that comes in a 6 shot 44Mag.revolver. The 357 version has 8 shots instead of the normal 6 shot revolvers. That would be my second choice.