Grimm Forum
Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt (/Thread-Nicholas-Nick-Burkhardt)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - izzy - 12-16-2016

(12-16-2016, 08:03 AM)New Guy Wrote: Izzy,
By "three-way" I was using:
Quote:three-way
adjective
involving three directions, processes, or participants.
"a three-way race for the presidency"
As in a three-way slugfest, winner takes all. You seem to have something else in mind. LOL Rolleyes
N G

LOL, might be the funniest misunderstanding in this forum yet!

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - brandon - 12-24-2016

How old is he in the series? Years?and the others?

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-24-2016

The question has been asked will it be Eve or Adalind that is with Nick. The comments seem to make the choice relay on what Eve or Adalind want. How about from Nicks POV. With Eve he has a great partner. With Adalind she actively pursues him. The disadvantage. Eve lacks the expression of an emotional connection. Adalind lacks the ability to work with others.
IMO if Nick is going to continue to protect wesen then Eve is the best choice. If Nick is going to settle down then Adalind is the best choice. Season six will show he can not do both.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - MarylikesGrimm - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 07:11 AM)syscrash Wrote: IMO if Nick is going to continue to protect wesen then Eve is the best choice. If Nick is going to settle down then Adalind is the best choice. Season six will show he can not do both.

Yes, I so agree that the choice between the two has always been about Nick deciding the kind of life he wants with a women more than anything else.

Some GRIMM areas are half full of threads Juliette vs Adalind and yet they are never talk about the choice is really about Nick deciding whether he wants a wife who can help fight wesen as a team or a mother of his children who was raised as a wesen who treats Nick like a Zauberbiest husband. Adalind accepted that Nick keeps secrets from her because Zauberbiest husbands keep secrets from their hexenbiest wifes. As an example, Adalind would not ask Nick when he was coming home.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - Purity - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 06:04 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 07:11 AM)syscrash Wrote: IMO if Nick is going to continue to protect wesen then Eve is the best choice. If Nick is going to settle down then Adalind is the best choice. Season six will show he can not do both.

Yes, I so agree that the choice between the two has always been about Nick deciding the kind of life he wants with a women more than anything else.

Some GRIMM areas are half full of threads Juliette vs Adalind and yet they are never talk about the choice is really about Nick deciding whether he wants a wife who can help fight wesen as a team or a mother of his children who was raised as a wesen who treats Nick like a Zauberbiest husband. Adalind accepted that Nick keeps secrets from her because Zauberbiest husbands keep secrets from their hexenbiest wifes. As an example, Adalind would not ask Nick when he was coming home.

Since S1, Nick has always wanted a family. Now he has one. Ofcourse not the way they would have wanted it to be but it happened. Now, it is time to see how mutured they can both be to see this work out, (I mean Adalind and Nick).

Eve is just a soldier, just as Hank and Wu. They are all soldiers. Even without Eve, he has enough followers to help him protect the wesen world. He has been doing it for 4 years before Juliette became Eve.

Nick had 2 choices to make > either heed his aunts words or his mothers words. So far it seems he is following his mothers words. The eaisest way out for a Grimm, as his ancestors did was to be loners. This, right from S1 was never the path Nick wanted to follow, thats why it has been challenging for him.

Nick will always protect wesens, his family are also wesens = Adalind, Kelly, and Diana. There is no point to join his soldiers like Eve, Hank to protect wesens when his family are also under the wesen category, instead he would rather have his soldiers protect his family too for I believe by now he should realise that his family is more important than fighting for other wesen strangers.

Regarding secrets & trust, they both (Nick and Adalind) do agree they need to work on it, and I think this will all be clear in S6. Remember, this new love they both have for each other is just growing and it seems to be growing in a better matured way, as long as they both stay that course.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - izzy - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 06:04 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Yes, I so agree that the choice between the two has always been about Nick deciding the kind of life he wants with a women more than anything else.

Call me old fashioned,but when I think of a wife I think of a partner that is specifically chosen for the purpose of creating an environment suitable for raising a family in and pursuing ling term goals that are ultimately aimed at benefiting mutual prodigy.

If you want something else, you likely want something other than a wife. you likely want a partner as part of special ops team, a business partner or some other configuration of confident or intimate...

But historically the term man and wife is used in the context of a marriage that has as a main goal creating a new generation to carry on the line, be it political, economic, or genetic.

It seems to me Kelly and Aunt Marie grasped the concept that Grimm life was incompatible with family life and understood being a wife was not a realistic option.

I fIck wants a family, then he should end his Grimming- if he wants to Grimm that is a path best walked alone in terms of romantic entrapments.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - MarylikesGrimm - 12-24-2016

(12-24-2016, 11:02 PM)izzy Wrote: It seems to me Kelly and Aunt Marie grasped the concept that Grimm life was incompatible with family life and understood being a wife was not a realistic option.

I agree that Kelly and Aunt Marie saw Grimming and family life as very difficult but Kelly was married with a child for 12 years and Aunt Marie Grimmed and raised Nick for another 6 years. Of course, the GRIMMs are going extinct for this very reason. Nick is one of the last GRIMMS.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - syscrash - 12-25-2016

Nick is not the same person he was in season one and two. Both Mari and Kelly warning did not consider Nick relationship involving a wesen. Eve and Adalind have changed the game. A relationship with Nick could never be like what Monroe and Rosalee have. Nick is a Grimm his life will always include danger. There will always be those who will go after Nick and those close to him for no other reason then he is a Grimm. It does not matter how wesen friendly he becomes. A comparison to what Nick's family life would be like, is to compare it to a family living in a war zone.

The thing we do not know about Adalind and Nick is how would they handle disagreements. Nick still has a male dominate attitude. In the early season Juliette accepted that about him. It gave her a since of protection. While vulnerable Adalind also accepted that about him. She felt protected. LIke she said you will kill anything that comes in here.

Once Juliette became a hexenbiest she rejected Nick's dominating attitude. First with her saying he couldn't protect her. She would have to protect herself. Ending with proving in the spice shop she is now the dominating figure.

Even as Eve each encounter with Sean and with Nick she never took a submissive position. So far Adalind is still submissive, first to Nick, then Sean and Conrad. With Sean and Conrad she did not like it and she did stand up to Sean.

The last and only time Nick made a demand of Eve was when he told her to look at him in the restaurant. All the other times Eve was very dismissive of Nick. What is interesting is the last time Nick held Juliette like he held Eve at the end of season 5 was before she found out she was a hexenbiest. The other thing that makes it hard to figure out who Eve will be. At the end of Season 5 in the tunnels Eve was not a usually arrogant self. She was held going into the tunnels yet she did not insist on taking on Conrad again to get revenge for his attack on her. The Eve we had come to know would not have hide in the tunnel.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - izzy - 12-25-2016

(12-24-2016, 11:12 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 11:02 PM)izzy Wrote: It seems to me Kelly and Aunt Marie grasped the concept that Grimm life was incompatible with family life and understood being a wife was not a realistic option.

I agree that Kelly and Aunt Marie saw Grimming and family life as very difficult but Kelly was married with a child for 12 years and Aunt Marie Grimmed and raised Nick for another 6 years. Of course, the GRIMMs are going extinct for this very reason. Nick is one of the last GRIMMS.

I could be very wrong about what I am going to type next, so I am open to correction but my understanding from the first season that becoming a Grimm just comes on you, and for some reason I thought it was at the time of another Grimms impeding death...hence Aunt Marie's death by disease triggered Nick's latent Grimm...

I mention this because if true...i don't think they ever made it clear if Kelly was Grimm before she decided to married and start a family. So the point being Kelly may not have been a grimm when nick was born and she may not have known of the grimm legacy when she married. Nick does know.

RE: Nicholas "Nick" Burkhardt - rpmaluki - 12-25-2016

No, girls get their Grimm sight much earlier than the boys. Chances are Kelly and Marie were adolescents when they became Grimms and we're trained by their father. By the time Nick was born, Kelly would have been a Grimm for maybe a decade or so. I don't think it's a case of one Grimm dies then another is born, it's just biology between male and female and active Grimms have considerable short life spans compared to those not Grimming. It puts the males at a disadvantage and increases their likely hood of their early death due to lack of experience. But then it balances out because girls are exposed to danger much sooner than the boys.