Grimm Forum
S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights (/Thread-S5E10-Map-of-the-Seven-Knights)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Hexenadler - 02-20-2016

The fact Hadrian's Wall is willing to strike bargains with the Royals proves they're "end justifies the means" people...which are usually the worst kind of people of all.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - wfmyers1207 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:51 PM)Belle Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:41 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 12:30 PM)Belle Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 11:53 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 11:45 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well, on that we'll have to disagree. As I said, IF these things had been real, they would have been priceless historic artifacts, and part of the shared heritage of humanity.

Their destruction would be inexcusable. Might as well have burned a couple of copies of the Guttenberg Bible and take a sledge hammer to the statue of David in Florence while she was at it.

You know about the military, I know about antiques. In order for an artifact to be considered priceless it has to be authenticated, and not by someone like Nick. A reputable firm or person has to authenticate it and certify it as priceless. None of the things in the trailer were authenticated by any well known reputable firm or person that I know of.

You can't compare artifacts that might be priceless with those that are and say Juliette committed a crime against humanity. Juliette's crime was arson.

So if I own a genuine Faberge egg, but I've never had it appraised, it's worthless?
And once something is appraised, don't they generally attach a value to it, thus eliminating the possibility of being "priceless"?
Sorry, but your logic genuinely makes no sense to me.
Nick couldn't get the items appraised on the Antiques Roadshow or at some random shop because of the nature of the items themselves, but that would not alter their intrinsic value.
Appraisal is used to help determine something's existing value, but it is not the thing that actually gives an object value.

(sigh) What I meant by "being priceless" is that those books and some of the artifacts were UNIQUE. Some auction house might assign a value to such things, but in reality, they would be priceless because they are irreplaceable. You people get it now! Confused

Sorry, I was actually trying to agree with you.
I would consider the contents of the trailer (with and without an appraisal) both priceless and irreplaceable.

Though Monroe's uncle did do a pretty good job of illustrating that everything has a price assuming you have a motivated seller...

I beg pardon if I misunderstood. But, sometimes it seems like SOME (and I'm not talking about you) members of this Forum are deliberately trying to be obtuse! Huh

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Belle - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:53 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: The fact Hadrian's Wall is willing to strike bargains with the Royals proves they're "end justifies the means" people...which are usually the worst kind of people of all.

I don't know, I think it depends on the ends they are aiming at.
Hitler's end justifies the means was the ultimate evil, but some people believe the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima was the masterstroke that ended WWII.
It's nice to think that honorable people would fight while adhering to a code of honor, but if the difference between winning and losing comes down to whether or not you chose to give up and fight dirty, losing with honor might not be the best option.

Did you see the movie Serenity? It's like the scene where Malcolm says that trying to do the right thing was probably why the resistance lost the war.

(02-20-2016, 12:58 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I beg pardon if I misunderstood. But, sometimes it seems like SOME (and I'm not talking about you) members of this Forum are deliberately trying to be obtuse! Huh

I hear that!

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Hexenadler - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 01:00 PM)Belle Wrote: Hitler's end justifies the means was the ultimate evil, but some people believe the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima was the masterstroke that ended WWII.

I'm sure your opinion of what's justifiable would be a little different if you had been at ground zero, with your skin melting off your bones. Or you survived the initial blast, only to succumb to radiation poisoning. Or live long enough to bear hideously deformed children.

http://www.fogonazos.es/2007/02/hiroshima-pictures-they-didnt-want-us_05.html

Try to fight evil with evil, and you're only ensuring its triumph.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - irukandji - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:58 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I beg pardon if I misunderstood. But, sometimes it seems like SOME (and I'm not talking about you) members of this Forum are deliberately trying to be obtuse! Huh

Why obtuse? Because they disagree with your opinion?

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - speakeasy - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:00 PM)tscchope Wrote: speakeasy, Nick now has three keys. The Nobjega key was the last missing key. He already had his key and Rolek Porter's key. The Royals have 4, though I believe Elizabeth stole the Kronnenburg key when she escaped with Renard to provide leverage. I think Nick's key showed the location of the treasure with the glowing symbol. To get in you'd need all seven keys or a hexenbiest as powerful as Juliette.

I think Nick said he needed 5 keys to see if Meisner knows about the legend. If he mentions the 5 Trubel will have told him about, he doesn't. If he mentions 7 keys, he does.
If the 'government' did provide the money, the team would have to hand over the 20 books. The rest wasn't part of the deal.

Nick should be going to see Renard before he goes off to Germany. There's a vacation to arrange, after all.

Toldja' I was going to have to rewatch. And boy, is my face going to be red if I completely mistook that scene when I thought I saw Monroe take 3 keys out of the lock, but I never learn; to paraphrase: respond in haste, retract at leisure. Smile Missed the bit about testing Meisner, too.

Missed the meaning in your comment about Renard. Please elaborate, thanks.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - jsgrimm45 - 02-20-2016

To the one who posted about Nick going on vacation and tell Renard good point. Hadn't thought about the role Sean could play. So the question does Nick tell him about the 5 keys or not? He never told him about getting the second key. We I wouldn't tell Renard I play taking Monroe's uncle back and forget the key part. How would you play it?

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - Belle - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 01:09 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 01:00 PM)Belle Wrote: Hitler's end justifies the means was the ultimate evil, but some people believe the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima was the masterstroke that ended WWII.

I'm sure your opinion of what's justifiable would be a little different if you had been at ground zero, with your skin melting off your bones. Or you survived the initial blast, only to succumb to radiation poisoning. Or live long enough to bear hideously deformed children.

http://www.fogonazos.es/2007/02/hiroshima-pictures-they-didnt-want-us_05.html

Try to fight evil with evil, and you're only ensuring its triumph.

That was kind of exactly the point I was trying to make...
Sorry if I upset you.

Anwho, ask yourself this:
If the choice comes down to using the atomic bomb or letting Hitler win the war, what do you choose?
It seems like evil wins either way, but I'd like to think that even if evil wins the day, good triumphs in a larger sense.

(02-20-2016, 01:09 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Why obtuse? Because they disagree with your opinion?

Umm...
I think you just illustrated wfmyers1207's point.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - grimmfan14 - 02-20-2016

I thought the episode was a return to form in some ways but 2 things stick out -

1) EVERY time Eve is on the screen the quality dips. The whole storyline is dumb, in part because they aren't showing any REAL emotional repercussions. Nick doesn't seem devastated to see her. He doesn't seem enraged. He doesn't seem hopeful. He's just like...whatever. And I just cannot shake how bad I find Bitsie's acting. It's just so obvious that they thought Juliette was a bad character and had to get rid of her, and then had to create a character with limited range for Bitsie and even then she takes me out of every scene she's in.

Seriously I roll my eyes each time I see Eve.

2) They have GOT to involve Adalind. I think Claire Coffee is a great actress - what she does with even facial expressions is miles ahead of Bitsie. But she's just unpacking groceries and making baby bottles. That has to change, and I think it will soon. I think going to Europe will involve the Royals, it will involve Diana, and it will involve HW/Meisner. There are too many dangling pieces for Adalind's story and I really think it'll pick up soon.

Maybe them all having dinner is a prologue to them trusting her into their Scooby circle once she has to be more involved. I look forward to it.

RE: S5E10 - Map of the Seven Knights - jsgrimm45 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 01:57 PM)grimmfan14 Wrote: I thought the episode was a return to form in some ways but 2 things stick out -

1) EVERY time Eve is on the screen the quality dips. The whole storyline is dumb, in part because they aren't showing any REAL emotional repercussions. Nick doesn't seem devastated to see her. He doesn't seem enraged. He doesn't seem hopeful. He's just like...whatever. And I just cannot shake how bad I find Bitsie's acting. It's just so obvious that they thought Juliette was a bad character and had to get rid of her, and then had to create a character with limited range for Bitsie and even then she takes me out of every scene she's in.

Seriously I roll my eyes each time I see Eve.

2) They have GOT to involve Adalind. I think Claire Coffee is a great actress - what she does with even facial expressions is miles ahead of Bitsie. But she's just unpacking groceries and making baby bottles. That has to change, and I think it will soon. I think going to Europe will involve the Royals, it will involve Diana, and it will involve HW/Meisner. There are too many dangling pieces for Adalind's story and I really think it'll pick up soon.

Maybe them all having dinner is a prologue to them trusting her into their Scooby circle once she has to be more involved. I look forward to it.
Good way to link the scooby's and Adalind moving forward good idea.