Grimm Forum
Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? (/Thread-Grimm-Is-Nick-Going-to-End-Up-Alone)

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - irukandji - 12-01-2018

(12-01-2018, 12:26 PM)N_grimm Wrote: We know the vortex wasn’t Z coming back, but Nick couldn’t possibly know that.

I disagree. I know the belief among some is that Nick was fuzzy headed and his brain could not get in gear. I think Nick knew that Z was trying to get the staff back right away. I originally thought Nick was pointing the stick at the vortex, but after watching that scene a few times I don't think he was doing anything of the kind. Perhaps Z just figured the fuzzy headed and dim witted Nick would immediately let go, but Nick disagreed and held on.

(12-01-2018, 12:26 PM)N_grimm Wrote: When did Nick stop the staff from going back to Z?

It was in the house after he returned. To me that suggests Nick stopped the staff from going back to Z.

What did you think it suggested?

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-01-2018

(12-01-2018, 12:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think Nick knew that Z was trying to get the staff back right away. I originally thought Nick was pointing the stick at the vortex, but after watching that scene a few times I don't think he was doing anything of the kind.

I think Nick probably thought the swirling ashes were Z trying to reconstitute himself, and he pointed the staff at it with the intent of impaling Z with it again if he had to. Then the staff started pulling toward the vortex, and Nick held onto it because he thought the vortex was Z trying to reclaim the staff. And then a second later both the staff and Nick get pulled in. What Nick thought was going on when that happened, no idea. But it's pretty clear from his reaction when he found himself back in Monroe's house that he wasn't expecting that.

However, I don't think the vortex ever was Z. I think it was the staff somehow using Z's remains to make Nick's desire come true. Because ultimately, Grimm is a fairy tale, and in fairy tales when the hero vanquishes the villain and acquires the magic lamp it enables him to win the fair damsel and live happily ever after. And he usually gets to keep the lamp.

(12-01-2018, 01:21 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: What Nick thought was going on when that happened, no idea. But it's pretty clear from his reaction when he found himself back in Monroe's house that he wasn't expecting that.

I think it's a fair statement to say Nick probably didn't know how the staff was going to do what it did. I'm sure he probably didn't expect to go crashing through a mirror into Monroe's living room, accompanied by Eve. But I don't know how that would diminish that Nick was in control of the staff and it did what he wanted.

The moment Nick killed Z he probably became the owner of the staff, which responded to his desires. Whether he had actual control of it is debatable.

Imagine Harry Potter in Olivander's shop holding a wand for the very first time, would you say that Harry was "in control" of that wand? Now, imagine that scene again, only with Olivander handing Harry the Elder Wand. That's Nick with the staff.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Hell Rell - 12-01-2018

(12-01-2018, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 01:21 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: What Nick thought was going on when that happened, no idea. But it's pretty clear from his reaction when he found himself back in Monroe's house that he wasn't expecting that.

I think it's a fair statement to say Nick probably didn't know how the staff was going to do what it did. I'm sure he probably didn't expect to go crashing through a mirror into Monroe's living room, accompanied by Eve. But I don't know how that would diminish that Nick was in control of the staff and it did what he wanted.

It doesn't diminish it. I think we can all agree that the staff acted on Nick's desire because he was now it's owner. I don't think that's ever not been part of the argument from people saying that Nick got what he wanted. He just didn't know the method in how it was going to happen which is why he was fighting against being sucked into the portal.

I think what you just stated above is correct and was the original point most posters here had made. The staff fixed everything that had gone wrong for Nick since he went through the mirror.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Henry of green - 12-01-2018

(12-01-2018, 02:51 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote:

It doesn't diminish it. I think we can all agree that the staff acted on Nick's desire because he was now it's owner. I don't think that's ever not been part of the argument from people saying that Nick got what he wanted. He just didn't know the method in how it was going to happen which is why he was fighting against being sucked into the portal.

I think what you just stated above is correct and was the original point most posters here had made. The staff fixed everything that had gone wrong for Nick since he went through the mirror.

That’s what everyone has been stating for days the staff picked up on Nicks subconscious wish to have his friends back. But the show made it clear Nick had no clue what the staff was doing which is why he fought against going into the portal and which is why he was so shocked to be in Monroe’s living room with everyone alive I don’t think anyone has stated any different.

These are Nicks exact words once coming through the portal

Nick- You're alive.
Adalind-Yeah.
Adalind-So are you.
Nick- Oh, my God.
Nick-You're all alive.
Eve- What happened? Eve! You're okay.
You're okay.
- Nick-Yeah.
- Nick-You're all okay.

Hank- Nick, are you all right? Adalind-What's wrong? Nick- I thought you were all -Adalind-Nick.
Nick-I'm just so thankful you're all here.

Clearly he had no clue

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13

(12-01-2018, 02:28 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The moment Nick killed Z he probably became the owner of the staff, which responded to his desires. Whether he had actual control of it is debatable.

Imagine Harry Potter in Olivander's shop holding a wand for the very first time, would you say that Harry was "in control" of that wand? Now, imagine that scene again, only with Olivander handing Harry the Elder Wand. That's Nick with the staff.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan. The most I can say about the series is that I've seen the movies, and then that was on television. So, unfortunately, I cannot comment on the example.

I will say that I do not think that the staff responded to Nick simply because he desired it to do so. There was something about him that caused him to be able to control it.

Well, to be brief about it. Olivander puts a wand in young Harry's hand and tells him to "give it a wave," and an entire wall of drawers explodes. And that was meant to be a "starter" wand, as opposed to the Elder Wand that was supposed to be the ultimate power in the wizarding world.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Henry of green - 12-01-2018

(12-01-2018, 03:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 02:28 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The moment Nick killed Z he probably became the owner of the staff, which responded to his desires. Whether he had actual control of it is debatable.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan. The most I can say about the series is that I've seen the movies, and then that was on television. So, unfortunately, I cannot comment on the example.

I will say that I do not think that the staff responded to Nick simply because he desired it to do so. There was something about him that caused him to control it.

How was he able to control himself to do time travel or time reset, that had never even been brought up in the show before and Nick had never seen it done not once ever or even heard it talked about.

If he controlled it why was he so surprised everyone was alive.

Why did he figth against being dragged into the portal.

Why was he unable to control the less powerful shard until he stumbled into saving Monroe by mistake then later somehow know how to use the far more powerful staff after minutes.

I can't say it's a fair comparison because Nick was never shown to experience catastrophic failure with the staff. To me, he seemed to be in control over it.