Grimm Forum
Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy (/Thread-Grimm-Season-5-deleted-scenes-enjoy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - syscrash - 12-31-2016

The trust between mean and women can not be prescribed to any one portion of society. I find it has more to do with ones chauvinistic attitudes. Both how the men see themselves and how the women see their men should be. In couple the view them selves as equals do not hide things or place restriction on the other. I will use myself as an example. Me and my girl friends would have no problem answering each other phones. we don't because why should we call on her phone are not for me and calls on mine are not for her. So why not let voice mail answer it. Adalind seemed more like she was being noisy instead of being helpful. If she was being helpful then why be nervous when Eve was on the phone. Eve and Nick work together. If Eve was calling then something must going on. Adalind correct response should be concern and wonder if she could help and pass the message on the Nick. All we saw was Adalind being Jealous. She would not have reacted the way she did if it was Hank or Wu on the phone.

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - MarylikesGrimm - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 12:32 AM)syscrash Wrote: The trust between mean and women can not be prescribed to any one portion of society. I find it has more to do with ones chauvinistic attitudes. Both how the men see themselves and how the women see their men should be. In couple the view them selves as equals do not hide things or place restriction on the other. I will use myself as an example. Me and my girl friends would have no problem answering each other phones. we don't because why should we call on her phone are not for me and calls on mine are not for her. So why not let voice mail answer it. Adalind seemed more like she was being noisy instead of being helpful. If she was being helpful then why be nervous when Eve was on the phone. Eve and Nick work together. If Eve was calling then something must going on. Adalind correct response should be concern and wonder if she could help and pass the message on the Nick. All we saw was Adalind being Jealous. She would not have reacted the way she did if it was Hank or Wu on the phone.

Adalind was not jealous she was confused about what to call Eve/Juliette. Eve/Juliette threatened Adalind for no reason in the fome. Nick is more concerned about Kelly than his "feelings" so Eve/Juliette comment to Adalind make no sense. Still all and all Eve/Juliette is strongest person on the show so let us hope the writers stop hurting her by making her weaker or letting her loose powers.

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - Purity - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 12:53 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 12:32 AM)syscrash Wrote: The trust between mean and women can not be prescribed to any one portion of society. I find it has more to do with ones chauvinistic attitudes. Both how the men see themselves and how the women see their men should be. In couple the view them selves as equals do not hide things or place restriction on the other. I will use myself as an example. Me and my girl friends would have no problem answering each other phones. we don't because why should we call on her phone are not for me and calls on mine are not for her. So why not let voice mail answer it. Adalind seemed more like she was being noisy instead of being helpful. If she was being helpful then why be nervous when Eve was on the phone. Eve and Nick work together. If Eve was calling then something must going on. Adalind correct response should be concern and wonder if she could help and pass the message on the Nick. All we saw was Adalind being Jealous. She would not have reacted the way she did if it was Hank or Wu on the phone.

Adalind was not jealous she was confused about what to call Eve/Juliette. Eve/Juliette threatened Adalind for no reason in the fome. Nick is more concerned about Kelly than his "feelings" so Eve/Juliette comment to Adalind make no sense. Still all and all Eve/Juliette is strongest person on the show so let us hope the writers stop hurting her by making her weaker or letting her loose powers.

Actually, I saw no reason why she should threaten Adalind unless that was a sign of Juliette. This was not the original scene. The original shot was Eve coming to the Fome to speak with Nick & Adalind to tell them they were not taking the BC issue serious, and both Nick and Adalind were more concerned protecting themselves & Kelly, (maybe thier friends included, cannot remember). Then the creators decided to re-shoot this part were we saw Eve speak to Adalind alone.

Point is, I saw no reason for that since they made it clear Eve had no feelings, No Juliette feelings. It would have made clearer sense if there was some Juliette in her, so why all the twist and confusion?

I also saw it not to be Eve's business at all. Eve as Juliette hexen was not able to control her hexenbiest, so why did she need to compare Adalind to her, knowing very well Adalind has much better control than Juliette hexen ever had. But once again, I guess it is part of spicing up the drama.

Eve made that comment because see knew the Adalind was a hexenbiest again. She also knows what hexenbiest are capable of. As it turned out Adalind did exactly what Juliette thought she would do. That is cause Nick great pain. Eve did not need Nick emotional for the same reason she told Trubel she needs to get control and not be emotional. When emotional you make bad choices. which is exactly what Nick did by beating up Sean in the station.

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - brandon - 12-31-2016

What Juliette could not control were his emotions.Adalind leave it for fear, to protect your children.Nick told him what he thought about Sean,And being a mother she could not leave either.The bad thing about having emotions is that- To suffer the threat of their loved ones-and the good thing is to feel them.If not one would be a robot.If he would not have ties he would have focused more on the mission,which is what would have wanted H. W.

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - Robyn - 12-31-2016

(12-30-2016, 10:30 PM)Purity Wrote: It is "Maiden Quest" Ep.4. The next morning after Nick asked her to buy some cloths.
Thanks! I saw Adalind was sleeping in Nick’s shirt, but because she had asked him earlier that evening to sleep in her room, I found it strange that he was unsure about coming to bed. So I thought it might be from a later episode and she was still using the shirt.

(12-30-2016, 10:32 PM)Kwu9888 Wrote: I have something to bring up about Nick becoming more comfortable in bed with Adalind. If you notice the first time she asks him to stay with her he goes into the bedroom and lays down on top of the comforter or blanket which ever you want to call it and then in the deleted scenes it's the same thing when he goes to bed in that room with her he sleeps out from under the covers. Then I think the next time we see them in bed together is when Trubel takes off in the middle of the night and he is under the covers, sleeping on top of the blanket is one thing but sleeping under the blankert with her so close, you can see when she wakes up she is pretty close to him,
Its pretty intimate at least that's how I see it
I noticed the gradual change in their comfort level when sharing the bed, too. However, everything instantly changed about the Nick/Adalind relationship when they discovered Juliette was alive and assumed it was the Juliette from S4. I attributed this immediate closeness to Stockholm Syndrome and transference, and assumed as the fear/threat subsided so would the sudden intensity of the ‘relationship’. As it turned out, nothing changed until G&K decided to shift gears and ignore anything that had already aired, and I guess they assumed viewers would blindly follow the new storyline, forgetting that the relationship turned on a dime, regressing from full speed ahead to Nick being as uncomfortable and cautious around Adalind as he was on day one. Sadly, I think a lot of viewers did exactly what G&K expected.

(12-30-2016, 10:37 PM)Purity Wrote: It could also mean the reason they deleted the scenes was so it would not look like Nadalind end game too soon, instead still keep viewers in suspense to wait for S6 for the Nadalind end game instead. Makes a much better drama to the romantic approach. "The waiting to see game"
I think it’s very likely G&K sacrificed continuity because they wanted to end with a ‘gotcha’ moment like they did with Juliette/Eve. But disregarding aired scenes to make this change near midseason is not dramatic, or romantic, it barely reaches daytime soap. G&K playing their silly games created a convoluted, discombobulated mess. At this point, I have as much vested interest in Nick & Renard’s mother being the endgame as I do Juliette or Adalind. Well, actually, Nick with Renard’s mother might add a little spice to the humdrum. She’s certainly not going to put up with his crap.

That said, it’s just as likely that G&K didn’t want a storyline that changed Adalind, or maybe they simply don’t know how to write Adalind as changing. Adalind has always been the victim of circumstances, but mostly, a victim of her own bad choices and actions. Through episode 7, Adalind was becoming less of a victim and more equal partner to Nick. Once the change up occurred, Adalind was back to being only the victim. She was terrified of Nick going to Germany, telling Nick and anyone within earshot she was in love with him, and never questioning how he felt about her, never considering she might deserve more than Nick’s doled out attention.

(12-30-2016, 11:48 PM)Purity Wrote: This authors art work kind of put things into clear perspective, don't we say? Smile
This is how I see it....
My problem with the fanart’s message is it ignores the cause and effect relationship. Juliette would not have been involved in Kelly’s death had she not become a Hexenbiest. Adalind would never have told Nick she was pregnant with his child had she not needed his protection.

To assume Juliette can’t recover from a single event in her past is as bigoted as assuming Adalind will always be the sum of her past. And G & K transforming Juliette into a wholly separate individual, disconnected from her past, validated this bigotry - Juliette can’t be forgiven, so she will cease to exit and a different person called Eve will take her place.

It’s equally bias that something as simple as Adalind answering a phone sparks accusation that she must have ulterior, precarious intentions. That each time Nick is shown asking her to answer his phone is ignored or Adalind is blamed for causing Nick to ask her to answer his phone. But in my opinion, no form of bigotry is worse than Adalind being expected to put Nick’s wellbeing and his happiness before her daughter. That Adalind can only be deemed worthy of consideration to join the coveted Team Grimm if she forgets her daughter and focuses only on her son with Nick and never allow her needs to hurt Nick is incomprehensible.

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - brandon - 12-31-2016

I think Juliette would have betrayed him, although she would not have changed "Hexenbiest".Although in the comics they have another line

Quote:I noticed the gradual change in their comfort level when sharing the bed, too. However, everything instantly changed about the Nick/Adalind relationship when they discovered Juliette was alive and assumed it was the Juliette from S4. I attributed this immediate closeness to Stockholm Syndrome and transference, and assumed as the fear/threat subsided so would the sudden intensity of the ‘relationship’. As it turned out, nothing changed until G&K decided to shift gears and ignore anything that had already aired, and I guess they assumed viewers would blindly follow the new storyline, forgetting that the relationship turned on a dime, regressing from full speed ahead to Nick being as uncomfortable and cautious around Adalind as he was on day one. Sadly, I think a lot of viewers did exactly what G&K expected.

The change was after Nick got back from Germany. It was after Eve's introduction that Nick and Adalind had their first kiss and their first time having sex. Both happened before going to Germany.

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - Robyn - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 08:47 AM)syscrash Wrote: The change was after Nick got back from Germany. It was after Eve's introduction that Nick and Adalind had their first kiss and their first time having sex. Both happened before going to Germany.
Yes, the episode that led to Nick going to Germany is where G&K decided to shift the relationship's direction without explanation, assuming that most viewers would just follow a shiny object and overlook their sudden, unexplained change. Looks like their assumption was correct, many mindlessly went with the flow.

RE: Grimm Season 5 deleted scenes ... enjoy - Purity - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 10:27 AM)Robyn Wrote: Yes, the episode that led to Nick going to Germany is where G&K decided to shift the relationship's direction without explanation, assuming that most viewers would just follow a shiny object and overlook their sudden, unexplained change. Looks like their assumption was correct, many mindlessly went with the flow.

It could also mean why the sort of change of direction on trust issues from that episode was that, G & K did not want to give the viewers reasons to get comfortable knowing the Nick & Adalind relationship were/are intact. If this part was scratched away, where is the fun enjoying the Grimm's good old love drama in S6 esspecialy knowing the creators were running out of ideas for the show. Its also a good publicity stunt for the show to get fans & sites speculating, making people eager for S6 since no show runners would like to loose their old fan base.

They rather keep on toying with this arc till .... BANG!!!, Surprise!!! making the Nadalind fans all smiling again.