Grimm Forum
Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? (/Thread-Grimm-Is-Nick-Going-to-End-Up-Alone)

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-29-2018

Nick was certainly capable of wishing he could turn back time, and if we want to theorize that that's how it happened, that'd work. But actually knowing he could and making it so is a stretch when you consider that once he had his hands on the complete staff with all its powers the method he chose to kill Z with it was to impale him with its pointy tip.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Henry of green - 11-29-2018

(11-29-2018, 04:13 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 04:10 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 04:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 04:00 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick certainly would have had an idea of how to bring people back from watching Z bring Trubel back. Whether it occurred to him that he'd have to go from one person to another, not just for the scoobies but for all the other people Z had killed is another matter. Maybe at some point he "willed" the staff to bring everyone back. But deliberately ordering it to turn time back when he hadn't seen Z do anything remotely like it? Where would he get that idea? It's not as if rewriting time is a concept that the show had ever explored before.

OTOH, Aunt Marie's trailer was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside...

There were a lot of things the show had never explored before. What about the concept of turning a human into a hexenbiest?

Yes but you just claiming out of left filed that Nick willingly all of a sudden decided he knew how to reset time does not match what was onscreen at all. The Show would have atleast explained how he know the staff had that power but they didn’t they had him figth being dragged in by the staff and had him totally speechless that everyone was alive agian.

You're forgetting that it's not just the scoobies who need to be restored. It's everyone who was injured or killed by Z. Nick was witness to that. He's supposed to be the new kind of grimm. Why do you think he's not capable of taking that all in and wondering how it can be restored to the way it was?

No one said he had to know how to reset time any more than he had to know how to restore his friends back to life. The thought should be enough.

(11-29-2018, 04:10 PM)Henry of green Wrote: At least a human turning into a hexenbiest was explained by a spell but Nick all of a sudden being able to willingly do things with the staff that Zerstorer wasn’t even shown doing wasn’t even remotely hinted at.

No it wasn't. The question of how Eve became a hexenbiest still comes up every now and then.

Yes but it at least it has some explanation beacuse she took the potion to become Adalind though theres still plenty of unanswered questions regarding the matter.

your random theory no one has ever heard of has no backing whatsoever ,we all clearly seen Nick trying fight being dragged through the portal apparently everyone but you. We all cleary seen the only way Nick saw capable of saving his friends was reviving them the way Trubel was saved.
We all seen his shock at discovering them alive.

If you wish to say he subconsciously done it after Zerstorer died and the stick picked up on his subconscious and opend the portal then I’m not going to disagree however to say he consciously decided this is beyond a stretch.

The writers have confirmed he didn’t do it himself I rest my case nothing further to debate it’s already settled I’m out.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - brandon - 11-29-2018

I do not think it was all for a spell but also for the chemistry of a body.

(11-29-2018, 04:28 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick was certainly capable of wishing he could turn back time, and if we want to theorize that that's how it happened, that'd work. But actually knowing he could and making it so is a stretch when you consider that once he had his hands on the complete staff with all its powers the method he chose to kill Z with it was to impale him with its pointy tip.

I agree fully.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - irukandji - 11-29-2018

(11-29-2018, 04:28 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick was certainly capable of wishing he could turn back time, and if we want to theorize that that's how it happened, that'd work. But actually knowing he could and making it so is a stretch when you consider that once he had his hands on the complete staff with all its powers the method he chose to kill Z with it was to impale him with its pointy tip.

Actually, I really didn't find it a big stretch and thought it was rather ironic in a weird sort of way. But really, I wondered if it was a salute to Moses. I can't remember who said it, Monroe or Rosalee, but one of them mentioned that the staff could have belonged to Moses. Moses was a shepherd for 60 some years before he ever entered the pharoah's court. Shepherds used a staff as not only a guide for their flocks but as a weapon as well. In the movie, The Ten Commandments, Moses uses his staff to defend the sheik's daughters against the Amalekites. While he doesn't impale any of them, there's no doubt he could have easily killed them with the staff, should he have chosen to do so. It wasn't hard on the eyes to watch Charleton Heston kick butt either, but I digress. None of that prevented the staff from performing wonders later on.

Unless you want to theorize that the staff instantly transfers knowledge of what it can do and how to make it work through touch, Nick being able to deliberately make it work as anything other than a big spear within a few minutes of acquiring it is a stretch.

And if the series hadn't been closing down, it would have been best for it not to work that way. Otherwise we'd miss out on potentially interesting scenes like Nick learning how to use it and causing all sorts of accidental destruction or stories about him having to resist the temptations that come with possessing what may well be history's ultimate weapon.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - Hell Rell - 11-29-2018

(11-29-2018, 04:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 04:00 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick certainly would have had an idea of how to bring people back from watching Z bring Trubel back. Whether it occurred to him that he'd have to go from one person to another, not just for the scoobies but for all the other people Z had killed is another matter. Maybe at some point he "willed" the staff to bring everyone back. But deliberately ordering it to turn time back when he hadn't seen Z do anything remotely like it? Where would he get that idea? It's not as if rewriting time is a concept that the show had ever explored before.

OTOH, Aunt Marie's trailer was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside...

There were a lot of things the show had never explored before. What about the concept of turning a human into a hexenbiest?

Nick didn't believe that at first either which is why he pulled a gun on Juliette. Notice how everyone else was shocked when they found out she became a Hexenbiest.

Nick didn't know he could turn back time with the staff. He did see Trubel revived so he thought he could do the same for everyone else. Nick didn't even willingly go through the portal when it appeared. He had to be sucked through. He didn't know the staff was giving him what he wanted but in a different way than he imagined.

RE: Grimm: Is Nick Going to End Up Alone? - irukandji - 11-29-2018

(11-29-2018, 08:01 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Unless you want to theorize that the staff instantly transfers knowledge of what it can do and how to make it work through touch, Nick being able to deliberately make it work as anything other than a big spear within a few minutes of acquiring it is a stretch.

I would agree with this, except for one thing. The shard. Nick made that work for him with little to no knowledge of it. He's just working with the economy size now.

(11-29-2018, 10:48 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 08:01 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Unless you want to theorize that the staff instantly transfers knowledge of what it can do and how to make it work through touch, Nick being able to deliberately make it work as anything other than a big spear within a few minutes of acquiring it is a stretch.

I would agree with this, except for one thing. The shard. Nick made that work for him with little to no knowledge of it. He's just working with the economy size now.

Did the shard ever display the ability to change time no, neither did the staff even in Zerstorers hand, no don’t think so also Nick discovered by mistake the shard could heal Monroe he didn’t just know what to do.

Nick didn’t have a bloody clue how to use either one the show made it clear there is seriously no ambiguity here your just wrong.

(11-29-2018, 10:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: I would agree with this, except for one thing. The shard. Nick made that work for him with little to no knowledge of it. He's just working with the economy size now.

Nick didn't knowingly "make it work" the first time. It was sheer dumb luck that he happened to be holding it when Monroe passed out and he helped him up. Yes, it didn't require much knowledge for him to repeat what he'd seen happen once. But he had to see it happen first.