Grimm Forum
Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene (/Thread-Nick-Juliette-slow-dance-scene)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - rpmaluki - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 01:08 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 12:13 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:02 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 09:51 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think Juliette loved the idea if Nick, not the real person he grew to become after turning into a grimm.
I’ve always thought along this line too. Juliette liked the idea of being the Grimm’s girlfriend but disliked the realty of that lifestyle. But I think all the characters were drawn to Nick because he was a Grimm. Being in the Grimm’s inner circle made them special.
They were all drawn to him to some extent and in different ways, true but of all his closest allies, only Juliette showed deep seeded resentment towards him being a grimm. The others enjoyed the whole grimm lifestyle and struggled to walk away from him even as it posed a danger to them. Renard was a user so he had ulterior motives for working with Nick in the first placeAdalind is the only one that had justifiable reasons to continue hating him forever but went through a character change that had nothing to do with him but he somehow still reaped its rewards.
Not sure that Juliette’s resentment was deep rooted, but if so, she was the only one who had to choose between accepting the Grimm life or making a complete break from Nick. Nick being a Grimm would always dictate the kind of personal life & relationship they could have together. Once pregnant, Rosalee wanted to leave Portland and distance her family from Nick’s Grimm activities.

So while I’m not in complete agreement about how much the show expressed Juliette resented Nick being a Grimm, I think deep-rooted anger/resentment as the catalyst for her rage and vindictiveness would have better explained her instantaneous and over the top behavior after telling Nick she was a Hexenbiest.
by deeply rooted, I only meant that instead of dealing head on with what the changes of Nick becoming a grimm meant for their relationship being completely honest with him, she swept much of that under the rug, resentment being one of those things. I'm not saying she loathed Nick's new life and was duplicitous about it, only that she failed to communicate in truth just what she felt about his new life as a grimm. When she approached Monroe and Rosalee about finding a cure for his non grimmness, that's when we got a glimpse of what she truly felt about everything for a year or so she adjusted her whole life to accommodate Nick and it cost her time and again. That had to count against him even if she never voiced it. The hexenbiest simply amplified all that negativity that was already there and used her emotions to punish Nick as well as who the scoobies by extension.

Rosalee thought about moving away to protect her budding family. At the time they were "running" from BC, so I guess it made sense to leave Portland and Nick behind. When Zerstörer showed up, it no longer mattered where they ran, trouble would have followed them anywhere. After Z, they never left, their kids became second generation scoobies fighting alongside Nick and his brood. You are correct in saying they were drawn to Nick and fighting along of him. Like Adalind, it's only when they thought of the kids did leaving him behind become an option but once the threat passed, they stayed put. The writers were just too chicken to break up the group hence their post show interviews claiming that they were a big happy family or whatever they called it.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - Robyn - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 01:48 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: by deeply rooted, I only meant that instead of dealing head on with what the changes of Nick becoming a grimm meant for their relationship being completely honest with him, she swept much of that under the rug, resentment being one of those things. I'm not saying she loathed Nick's new life and was duplicitous about it, only that she failed to communicate in truth just what she felt about his new life as a grimm. When she approached Monroe and Rosalee about finding a cure for his non grimmness, that's when we got a glimpse of what she truly felt about everything for a year or so she adjusted her whole life to accommodate Nick and it cost her time and again. That had to count against him even if she never voiced it. The hexenbiest simply amplified all that negativity that was already there and used her emotions to punish Nick as well as who the scoobies by extension.

Rosalee thought about moving away to protect her budding family. At the time they were "running" from BC, so I guess it made sense to leave Portland and Nick behind. When Zerstörer showed up, it no longer mattered where they ran, trouble would have followed them anywhere. After Z, they never left, their kids became second generation scoobies fighting alongside Nick and his brood. You are correct in saying they were drawn to Nick and fighting along of him. Like Adalind, it's only when they thought of the kids did leaving him behind become an option but once the threat passed, they stayed put. The writers were just too chicken to break up the group hence their post show interviews claiming that they were a big happy family or whatever they called it.
I agree that Juliette was sometimes in denial about the reality of Grimm life and suppressed concerns that she should have brought up for discussion.

The writers wouldn't let anyone be seriously injured much less die, so yea, those characters are living happily ever after in Grimmville.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - dicappatore - 08-13-2017

S1, E16, The thing with Feathers. The guy takes her on a weekend get-a-way. Like, I hope most have done in their lives as I did early on in my relationship with my wife, before and after I got married. For someone whom some of you claim how Juliette resented Nick being a Grimm, she sure shows more interest in getting involved with other people’s problems. She bitches to Nick, even before he proposes, about what’s been happening to her, while she gets upset with Nick that the local LE didn’t arrest the guy even after He explains to her that If the victim doesn’t file charges there is nothing anyone to do. This is not a woman in love with this man. This is a woman just riding the man. They didn’t go away to snoop on neighbors. Well, as it turns out she did. All the times I got away, the last thing on my mind was , What are the temporary neighbors doing.

So, it’s alright for her to get involved in other people’s issues but questions his motives about his job since it involves getting involved in other people’s problems. He is a detective, who the flock would want him to bring his job home.

The whole weekend she is the detective and he is just trying to be romantic. After he finally caves in and gets involved. She ruins the whole romantic weekend thing. When they get home and he explains to her the whole purpose for the get-a-way, she turns him down. Turns him down with a pretty lame excuse.

If you want to talk about bad writing, here is a great example. After she turns him down. Where are the questions I would have asked her, to follow up with? How about spending some time apart from each other by having her bitch ass move out of his house? WTF is she living with him if she has such reservations? What are her future plans in the relationship?

She puts on a good act of affection but where are the signs of unconditional love. She seems to be more interested in her neighbors that the man she is living with. She questions how he does his job over and over throughout the show without being too curious about his work. She proves the interest on her neighbors were more important than what he does for a living. She divulges detail intel to Kenneth and Verat when she plans her ultimate betrayal. I wonder how many of you living in the same environment know so much about your neighbors?

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - rpmaluki - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 05:16 PM)dicappatore Wrote: S1, E16, The thing with Feathers. The guy takes her on a weekend get-a-way. Like, I hope most have done in their lives as I did early on in my relationship with my wife, before and after I got married. For someone whom some of you claim how Juliette resented Nick being a Grimm, she sure shows more interest in getting involved with other people’s problems. She bitches to Nick, even before he proposes, about what’s been happening to her, while she gets upset with Nick that the local LE didn’t arrest the guy even after He explains to her that If the victim doesn’t file charges there is nothing anyone to do. This is not a woman in love with this man. This is a woman just riding the man. They didn’t go away to snoop on neighbors. Well, as it turns out she did. All the times I got away, the last thing on my mind was , What are the temporary neighbors doing.

So, it’s alright for her to get involved in other people’s issues but questions his motives about his job since it involves getting involved in other people’s problems. He is a detective, who the flock would want him to bring his job home.

The whole weekend she is the detective and he is just trying to be romantic. After he finally caves in and gets involved. She ruins the whole romantic weekend thing. When they get home and he explains to her the whole purpose for the get-a-way, she turns him down. Turns him down with a pretty lame excuse.

If you want to talk about bad writing, here is a great example. After she turns him down. Where are the questions I would have asked her, to follow up with? How about spending some time apart from each other by having her bitch ass move out of his house? WTF is she living with him if she has such reservations? What are her future plans in the relationship?

She puts on a good act of affection but where are the signs of unconditional love. She seems to be more interested in her neighbors that the man she is living with. She questions how he does his job over and over throughout the show without being too curious about his work. She proves the interest on her neighbors were more important than what he does for a living. She she divulges detail intel to Kenneth and Verat when she plans her ultimate betrayal. I wonder how many of you living in the same environment know so much about your neighbors?
I don't believe she was ever in love with Nick. In the end, she only wanted him on her terms or at least a version of Nick that he stopped being on the day he got his Grimm.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - New Guy - 08-14-2017

(08-13-2017, 05:16 PM)dicappatore Wrote: S1, E16, The thing with Feathers. The guy takes her on a weekend get-a-way. Like, I hope most have done in their lives as I did early on in my relationship with my wife, before and after I got married. For someone whom some of you claim how Juliette resented Nick being a Grimm, she sure shows more interest in getting involved with other people’s problems. She bitches to Nick, even before he proposes, about what’s been happening to her, while she gets upset with Nick that the local LE didn’t arrest the guy even after He explains to her that If the victim doesn’t file charges there is nothing anyone to do. This is not a woman in love with this man. This is a woman just riding the man. They didn’t go away to snoop on neighbors. Well, as it turns out she did. All the times I got away, the last thing on my mind was , What are the temporary neighbors doing.

She puts on a good act of affection but where are the signs of unconditional love. She seems to be more interested in her neighbors that the man she is living with. She questions how he does his job over and over throughout the show without being too curious about his work. She proves the interest on her neighbors were more important than what he does for a living. She divulges detail intel to Kenneth and Verat when she plans her ultimate betrayal. I wonder how many of you living in the same environment know so much about your neighbors?
Hi Dicap,
While discussing neighbors, do you recall anytime Juliette showed concern for the neighbors that she set up for Kenneth to murder?
N G

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - dicappatore - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 05:04 AM)New Guy Wrote:

Hi Dicap,
While discussing neighbors, do you recall anytime Juliette showed concern for the neighbors that she set up for Kenneth to murder?
N G

All I recall is how meticulous she was describing their numbers and living quarters. If she wasn’t aware that they were gonna be killed, what was she thinking was going to happen after they were done with their home invasions. Leve them parting gifts? I do recall when Ken offered her Adalind’s room in his suite he did say to her something about “Lots of paybacks”

Scene: Juliette sits down with Kenneth and goes over the setup of her and Nick's house on a laptop, and tells him about who lives in the surrounding houses.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Juliette: Nick's house. It's a two story house: two bedrooms upstairs, a front door and then a door through the kitchen and then the garage is on that side.
Kenneth: Here?
Juliette: Mr. Stevenson. He works for the phone company. He lives alone. His wife died. His daughter lives in Phoenix.
[Kenneth points at another house]
Juliette: The Clemens. They're both in their 70s, retired. They've lived there forever. They mostly stay at home.
Kenneth: And this one?
Juliette: Peter and Dana Greene. They moved in about two years ago. They have two young boys, around 5 and 7.
Kenneth: And here?
Juliette: Renters. I don't know who they are.
Kenneth: How many?
Juliette: Three.
Kenneth: Well, you know what they say. Three's a charm.

I guess even 5 and 7 year olds are cannon fodder for this upstanding member of the Portland community! If all the pro-Juliette believe that she is unaware of no one is going to be killed? For a college educated doctor of animals, (Vet). She is one dumb, lets not forget, nosy bitch!

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - brandon - 08-15-2017

Juliette "Hexenbiest" is murder, not dumb.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - dicappatore - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 11:21 AM)brandon Wrote: Juliette "Hexenbiest" is murder, not dumb.

Brandon, calling her dumb was me being sarcastic to the people that make excuses for her. She knew exactly what was going on. If she was filled with so much hate, she didn’t realize to what extent Ken would go. But as it was happening, she knew it and she could have stopped it.

It pisses me off that Nick never made her pay for what she did. I can see him let her pass on her the trailer, the neighbors and how she almost got Monroe killed. But sending that email to his mom. Using him as an excuse of being in danger to bait her in. Should have been settled with Juliette’s decapitation. At least after BC was wiped off the map and she got her touchy-feeling back. She was worthless for the rest of the season.

The only thing she did for the rest of season 6 was to create a gateway for “Z” to this world. She was totally un-effective on taking him down.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - irukandji - 08-18-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:51 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think Juliette loved the idea if Nick, not the real person he grew to become after turning into a grimm.

I’ve always thought along this line too. Juliette liked the idea of being the Grimm’s girlfriend but disliked the realty of that lifestyle. But I think all the characters were drawn to Nick because he was a Grimm. Being in the Grimm’s inner circle made them special.

I think it goes back to what Izzy said long ago. Juliette liked the idea of being with Nick-the-cop. I don't think Nick-the-grimm held the same type of allure for her. She stayed on and even helped the scoobies, but when she wished for a normal life, it was evident she was not as interested in Nick-the-grimm. But then who knows, if she was slumming, as Izzy thought, Nick-the-cop may have also eventually lost his appeal.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - Robyn - 08-19-2017

(08-18-2017, 08:14 PM)irukandji Wrote:
I think it goes back to what Izzy said long ago. Juliette liked the idea of being with Nick-the-cop. I don't think Nick-the-grimm held the same type of allure for her. She stayed on and even helped the scoobies, but when she wished for a normal life, it was evident she was not as interested in Nick-the-grimm. But then who knows, if she was slumming, as Izzy thought, Nick-the-cop may have also eventually lost his appeal.
Based on what little we saw of regular-guy Nick and Juliette, I felt Juliette was in love with Nick and would have happily accepted his marriage proposal prior to his sudden secretive and strange behavior. But I thought the opposite of izzy about Juliette being drawn to Nick’s profession. I felt Juliette liked being the girlfriend of a Grimm, but not the downside of the Grimm lifestyle. I don’t think Juliette ever considered marrying Nick once she learned about Grimm and Wesen. That said, I don’t think the thrill and status of being the Grimm’s girlfriend was sufficient on it’s own for Juliette to stay in Nick’s dangerous world. I think she loved him enough to stay but wasn’t willing to commit to marriage.

Nick, the Grimm might be the central character, but to me, it’s unreasonable to expect Juliette to put Nick’s personal and Grimm needs before her own needs/wants. But other than the brief time Juliette was an angry Hexenbiest, she put Nick’s personal and Grimm needs first, otherwise, she wouldn’t have stayed.