Grimm Forum
Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? (/Thread-Nick-s-romantic-life-beyond-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2

Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - grimmfreak - 06-24-2014

This has been discussed in many other threads a lot, so I feel that it is something that deserves it's own thread.

Many of us think Juliette's character is going to exit the show soon, based on recent events on the show and the characters low popularity. Let me make clear that I disagree with the hatred thrown at this character and even more so with that thrown the way of Bitsie Tulloch, the wonderful actor that portrays her (but lets keep that discussion in other threads).

I feel that the main problem with the character, as a good friend has helped make clear, is that her entire reason for doing everything is attached to her relationship with Nick... Rosalee has Monroe, her family and the council, at times, urging her in different directions, Monroe has Rosalee as well as his own strong will, Hank has his duties as a policeman that at times com into conflict with Grimm matters... In short every long term scoobie has other influences other than Nick. The writers have failed to give Juliette any other attachments or influences and thus made her hard to like and hard to play.

I feel that this is the main thing I want to see in a new interest for Nick, other influences, i want to meet her family, i want to meet her friends (possibly past love interests) and I want her to be a member of the Grimm world already (if we have to go through another season of Nick hemming a hawing over how to tell a new girl about the Grimm world my head may explode.

Ideas from current/past characters I've heard about are in other threads are...

1: Adalind: I do not feel that this is a realistic option: too much baggage, the characters are too different and the show runners would never do it.
2: Trubel: Ick is all I have to say. Two reasons for this are: A: while she may or may not be biologically related to Nick she is more little sister than Peer for Nick... B: she has the emotional maturity of a 12 or 13 year old girl, which only supports point A.
3: Ariel Ekhardt: NO NO NO... Too crazy, Nick would never go for a girl like her... Plus the actor is about to start a regular role on "the flash: on CW... It may be fun to have a 2-4 episode arch where she shows up as a guest star to bug Nick and maybe a romantic interest.
4: Valentina Espinoza: This I could get behind. The character from La Llorona was strong willed and a little wild. She was well played by Kate Del Castillo. Kate I understand is a very popular actress in Mexico and is involved with a lot of projects still... Still she might be available AFAIK.

More than anything I'm looking for several qualities in Nick's next major romantic attachment A: Good in a fight B: Strong willed (Willing to disagree with Nick and not let it slide or wait) C: a Wild side D: As I said before already involved in the Grimm/wesen world.

And one more thing, I think I would like to see at least 2 or 3 rebound/failed relationships before any new long term relationship begins... Maybe Ariel Ekhardt could be involved there.
Thoughts?

RE: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - Starfury - 06-25-2014

(06-24-2014, 04:40 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: This has been discussed in many other threads a lot, so I feel that it is something that deserves it's own thread.

Many of us think Juliette's character is going to exit the show soon, based on recent events on the show and the characters low popularity. Let me make clear that I disagree with the hatred thrown at this character and even more so with that thrown the way of Bitsie Tulloch, the wonderful actor that portrays her (but lets keep that discussion in other threads).

I feel that the main problem with the character, as a good friend has helped make clear, is that her entire reason for doing everything is attached to her relationship with Nick... Rosalee has Monroe, her family and the council, at times, urging her in different directions, Monroe has Rosalee as well as his own strong will, Hank has his duties as a policeman that at times com into conflict with Grimm matters... In short every long term scoobie has other influences other than Nick. The writers have failed to give Juliette any other attachments or influences and thus made her hard to like and hard to play.

I feel that this is the main thing I want to see in a new interest for Nick, other influences, i want to meet her family, i want to meet her friends (possibly past love interests) and I want her to be a member of the Grimm world already (if we have to go through another season of Nick hemming a hawing over how to tell a new girl about the Grimm world my head may explode.

1: Adalind: I do not feel that this is a realistic option: too much baggage, the characters are too different and the show runners would never do it.
2: Trubel: Ick is all I have to say. Two reasons for this are: A: while she may or may not be biologically related to Nick she is more little sister than Peer for Nick... B: she has the emotional maturity of a 12 or 13 year old girl, which only supports point A.
3: Ariel Ekhardt: NO NO NO... Too crazy, Nick would never go for a girl like her... Plus the actor is about to start a regular role on "the flash: on CW... It may be fun to have a 2-4 episode arch where she shows up as a guest star to bug Nick and maybe a romantic interest.
4: Valentina Espinoza: This I could get behind. The character from La Llorona was strong willed and a little wild. She was well played by Kate Del Castillo. Kate I understand is a very popular actress in Mexico and is involved with a lot of projects still... Still she might be available AFAIK.

More than anything I'm looking for several qualities in Nick's next major romantic attachment A: Good in a fight B: Strong willed (Willing to disagree with Nick and not let it slide or wait) C: a Wild side D: As I said before already involved in the Grimm/wesen world.

And one more thing, I think I would like to see at least 2 or 3 rebound/failed relationships before any new long term relationship begins... Maybe Ariel Ekhardt could be involved there.
Thoughts?

Grimmfreak please get out of my head... The court order is in the post Big Grin

I concur completely, poor Juliette has been so weakly written that the character is almost unsalvageable. Trying to fix it now will look like a desperate ploy by the writing team.

Nick does indeed need to try on a few relationships before he finds that comfortable pair of shoes he wishes to part with his money and take home. Perhaps a little fatal attraction action with a Ariel or a character like her, will certainly be fun to watch (and probably end fatally Tongue) and perhaps purge Nick for his next real relationship.

Nick needs a Wesen companion, unless he can find a retired female member of the special forces (since there aren't any in america this isn't happening) who can keep up with him in a fight, accept his Grimm vocation/compulsion and as previously stated call him on his crap to keep him 'honest', and most importantly intelligently help to track down the bad guy of the week. This is what makes the character of Kate Del Castillo such a good fit, detective skills, she is a Jaguar type Wesen, so is fast and almost certainly lethal in a fight, and not phased by a Grimm (she thought Nick was going to kill her but all she cared about was the missing kid/kids she was trying to save), single minded to the point of obsession, so would understand that in Nick and could so easily be brought into Portland PD either as a transfer from New Mexico if reinstated by their police department or brought on as a fresh hire by Renard as a way of keeping his Grimm sweet. He has already used Juliette for this very leverage on Nick before so precedence is their. And finally she is quite lovelyBlush The screams of outrage of the Wesen world at a Grimm, Wesen romance would be fun to watch as well, they do keep saying our resident Grimm is different Smile

RE: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - wfmyers1207 - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 03:29 PM)Starfury Wrote:
(06-24-2014, 04:40 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: This has been discussed in many other threads a lot, so I feel that it is something that deserves it's own thread.

Thoughts?

Grimmfreak please get out of my head... The court order is in the post Big Grin

I concur completely, poor Juliette has been so weakly written that the character is almost unsalvageable. Trying to fix it now will look like a desperate ploy by the writing team.

Nick does indeed need to try on a few relationships before he finds that comfortable pair of shoes he wishes to part with his money and take home. Perhaps a little fatal attraction action with a Ariel or a character like her, will certainly be fun to watch (and probably end fatally Tongue) and perhaps purge Nick for his next real relationship.

Nick needs a Wesen companion, unless he can find a retired female member of the special forces (since there aren't any in america this isn't happening) who can keep up with him in a fight, accept his Grimm vocation/compulsion and as previously stated call him on his crap to keep him 'honest', and most importantly intelligently help to track down the bad guy of the week. This is what makes the character of Kate Del Castillo such a good fit, detective skills, she is a Jaguar type Wesen, so is fast and almost certainly lethal in a fight, and not phased by a Grimm (she thought Nick was going to kill her but all she cared about was the missing kid/kids she was trying to save), single minded to the point of obsession, so would understand that in Nick and could so easily be brought into Portland PD either as a transfer from New Mexico if reinstated by their police department or brought on as a fresh hire by Renard as a way of keeping his Grimm sweet. He has already used Juliette for this very leverage on Nick before so precedence is their. And finally she is quite lovelyBlush The screams of outrage of the Wesen world at a Grimm, Wesen romance would be fun to watch as well, they do keep saying our resident Grimm is different Smile

It's not unprecedented in the show. After all, Farley Kolt and Aunt Marie had a thing back in the day.
Besides, Valentina is a Latina, and despite her appearance and surname, so is Juliette. Maybe Nick has a thing for Latinas. Can't say I blame him!Big Grin

Given my own Spanish heritage I'm with him on this one Big Grin.

I am however not sure whether the relationship between Marie and Farley was proven to be true or not or a ploy to get the coins. I think Farley in his lust for the coins may have said anything to get Nick to hesitate. I am not suggesting there wasn't a relationship between Farley and Marie, but that he may have overblown the level of the relationship, changing a working collaboration into a romantic one to suit his needs. It would be very difficult to prove otherwise if there was an existing relationship, especially given the short period of time the whole coin situation was playing out in.

RE: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - wfmyers1207 - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 04:58 PM)Starfury Wrote: Given my own Spanish heritage I'm with him on this one Big Grin.

I am however not sure whether the relationship between Marie and Farley was proven to be true or not or a ploy to get the coins. I think Farley in his lust for the coins may have said anything to get Nick to hesitate. I am not suggesting there wasn't a relationship between Farley and Marie, but that he may have overblown the level of the relationship, changing a working collaboration into a romantic one to suit his needs. It would be very difficult to prove otherwise if there was an existing relationship, especially given the short period of time the whole coin situation was playing out in.

Farley seemed to know a lot about Marie and her life for it to have been a brief fling. But, if they had 'worked' together for a while, that may have given him enough intel to fake it. Still, I'm of the opinion they did have a thing back in the day.

(06-25-2014, 05:36 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 04:58 PM)Starfury Wrote: Given my own Spanish heritage I'm with him on this one Big Grin.

Farley seemed to know a lot about Marie and her life for it to have been a brief fling. But, if they had 'worked' together for a while, that may have given him enough intel to fake it. Still, I'm of the opinion they did have a thing back in the day.

I have to say I agree with you, though I think given the coins being in play, and Farley's final comment about not being able to forget them, it casts doubt on the story, and didn't the notes in the Grimm books say Steinadler are not to be trusted because you can't tell whose side their on. I think if the relationship between Farley and Marie happened and given when the relationship apparently took place, that they kept it 'as the kids say nowadays on the down low'Tongue

RE: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - wfmyers1207 - 06-26-2014

Getting back on topic. I think grimmfreak had some good ideas. Nick should have a fling or two before setting up house again. Having him hook up with a wesen is a pretty cool idea.

Just one small issue. Wesen woge when they experience strong emotions. Now, I'm up for a little kinkiness, but having your lady woge during an ... ah hmm.. "romantic interlude".. could be a trifle disconcerting as it were.Tongue Just saying.Big Grin

RE: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - Starfury - 06-26-2014

Who knows, it may open up whole new vista's for him, and the slash fan fic, I shudder at the thought, awful 50 shades of Wesen knock off's here we comeAngry

RE: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - wfmyers1207 - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 03:29 PM)Starfury Wrote: Who knows, it may open up whole new vista's for him, and the slash fan fic, I shudder at the thought, awful 50 shades of Wesen knock off's here we comeAngry

Whole new vista's! I love it! That is a very interesting way of looking at things!Big Grin Oh, your right about the fan fic stuff. Penthouse and Playboy forums would have a field day, let alone what will happen on the net!

Maybe I should have kept my big stupid mouth shut.Sad

RE: Nick's romantic life: beyond Juliette? - Starfury - 06-26-2014

(06-26-2014, 04:39 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 03:29 PM)Starfury Wrote: Who knows, it may open up whole new vista's for him, and the slash fan fic, I shudder at the thought, awful 50 shades of Wesen knock off's here we comeAngry

Whole new vista's! I love it! That is a very interesting way of looking at things!Big Grin Oh, your right about the fan fic stuff. Penthouse and Playboy forums would have a field day, let alone what will happen on the net!

Maybe I should have kept my big stupid mouth shut.Sad

Don't blame yourself , it didn't take me more than 3 seconds to think of it, and we simply speculated on the possibility of the idea, we are not the ones who will be writing or even reading this self-indulgent, cliché-ridden, nonsensical drivel... I hopeHuh