Grimm Forum
Star Wars - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Movies (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Movies)
+--- Thread: Star Wars (/Thread-Star-Wars)

Pages: 1 2 3

Star Wars - grimmfreak - 06-13-2014

Hey, any other star wars geeks out there? what's your favorite film... Me, I loved Empire!

RE: Star Wars - wfmyers1207 - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 07:39 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Hey, any other star wars geeks out there? what's your favorite film... Me, I loved Empire!

Hello again grimmfreak. Yeah, I'm a star wars fan as well. Saw Episode IV first run in a German movie theater back in the day. Empire Strikes Back was my favorite as well. Most people agree it was the best in the franchise.

How do you feel about Disney taking over? I've heard a lot of fans say they think Disney will screw it up, but I don't how Disney could screw it up worse than George Lucas already has.Angry Thoughts.

RE: Star Wars - grimmfreak - 06-13-2014

yeah GL screwed it up. However while I hated Phantom Menace, Clone Wars was okay and I liked RoTS. Still all three could have been a lot better and didn't compare to the OT. As far as Disney goes I have mixed feelings... They've done a good job with Marvel so far (although they are pissing me off with this fantastic four mess - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134945-RUMOR-Is-Marvel-Canceling-Fantastic-Four-Comics-to-Hurt-Foxs-New-Movie )... Basically I hope they do a good job but am not counting on it

RE: Star Wars - wfmyers1207 - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 08:40 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: yeah GL screwed it up. However while I hated Phantom Menace, Clone Wars was okay and I liked RoTS. Still all three could have been a lot better and didn't compare to the OT. As far as Disney goes I have mixed feelings... They've done a good job with Marvel so far (although they are pissing me off with this fantastic four mess - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134945-RUMOR-Is-Marvel-Canceling-Fantastic-Four-Comics-to-Hurt-Foxs-New-Movie )... Basically I hope they do a good job but am not counting on it

Yeah, we can always hope. I don't like Disney much because the company is rapacious! I found this out managing a theater when I was in my last year of college. But, that being said, the reason they can get away with being so damn greedy is because they put out very good product as a rule. Well, we'll see in Dec. 2015.

RE: Star Wars - wfmyers1207 - 06-15-2014

Oh uh, as some of you may have heard Harrison Ford was hurt on the set of Star Wars Ep. VII on Thursday. Seems it may be worse than first thought. He's still in hospital 4 days later and under going more tests. Hope he is better soon, always liked him as an actor in all his roles. I will say a little prayer for his quick recovery. Get well soon Indy!!Angel

RE: Star Wars - grimmfreak - 06-15-2014

A lot of people think he and the others are too for these roles... Personally I'd rather see new actors as they're going to have to replace them someday, might as well do it now. That being said, I really hope he's okay.

RE: Star Wars - wfmyers1207 - 06-17-2014

(06-15-2014, 07:53 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: A lot of people think he and the others are too for these roles... Personally I'd rather see new actors as they're going to have to replace them someday, might as well do it now. That being said, I really hope he's okay.

It could be that they are in episode VII just to tie the story line together and then their characters will be killed off, or otherwise written out of the story as was Obi-Wan and Yoda.

If the next trilogy sticks to the same (relatively) story line as the novels, then the next trilogy will be about the children of Luke, Han and Leia. Not them. So, they can be written out of the remaining 2 films very easily.

RE: Star Wars - pale boy - 06-17-2014

(06-13-2014, 07:39 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Hey, any other star wars geeks out there? what's your favorite film... Me, I loved Empire!

I liked the original trilogy. Including the one with the Ewoks, Return. But my favorite is also probably Empire since it's a bit more mature than the first and not nearly maligned as the last. Plus it had the big "reveal" and darker personal conflicts.

The prequel trilogy (I, II, III) have some good points (Obi-Wan is my favorite character from those and, c'mon, Mace Windu) but there was a lot that I didn't care for too. I could probably write an entire thread on Jar-Jar Binks alone. Instead, I'll just say that there were a lot of concepts that were awesome in the prequels that were not so awesomely executed in reality.

I'd really just love it if Disney went "eh, let's just recast and pick up where we left off with the original trilogy". I'm not sure if that's what they're doing since I've been avoiding Star Wars news right now. However, I really have been searching for any word on the live-action Star Wars TV show that has yet to get off the ground after I don't know how many years. I think it would be fantastic if it followed Obi-Wan and a bunch of original characters in the time period between III and IV (maybe as some sort of leader to a proto-rebellion or some hidden Jedi remnants). As someone who isn't deeply invested in Expanded Universe stuff, I think that is perfectly untrammeled ground on which to trod.

RE: Star Wars - wfmyers1207 - 07-26-2014

Has anyone else seen the video posted a few days ago by J.J. Abrams? The media is saying the fighter shown is an X-Wing. Doesn't look like an X-Wing to me. Looks like a Z-95 Headhunter, a fighter that was obsolete by the time period of Episodes IV thru VI. Now why would a fighter that would be at this time at least 50 years out of date be in Episode VII? Dodgy

RE: Star Wars - Starfury - 07-26-2014

(07-26-2014, 03:14 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Has anyone else seen the video posted a few days ago by J.J. Abrams? The media is saying the fighter shown is an X-Wing. Doesn't look like an X-Wing to me. Looks like a Z-95 Headhunter, a fighter that was obsolete by the time period of Episodes IV thru VI. Now why would a fighter that would be at this time at least 50 years out of date be in Episode VII? Dodgy

Could be a lost Jedi stranded on some low tech world his/her fighter unrepairable, and the next generation of the star wars heroes stumble upon a grizzled old Jedi master (it would be interesting if this was a woman, Helen Mirren anyone or hows about Judy DenchTongue) an echo of a Yoda like figure who takes our new would be Jedi adventurers under his/her wing and teaches them the way of the force.