Grimm Forum
Star Trek Universe - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Movies (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Movies)
+--- Thread: Star Trek Universe (/Thread-Star-Trek-Universe)

Pages: 1 2

Star Trek Universe - grimmfreak - 06-13-2014

I'm a bit of a Trekie... Anyone else... My favorite show was DS9 (I know, blasphemy), movie, Wrath of Khan... I also like the new movies a lot. JJ Abrams has done a very good job or rebooting it.

RE: Star Trek Universe - Starfury - 06-22-2014

Glad to see a fellow Trekie here, as a hardcore B5 fan i've always had a bit of snit about DS9, I always felt that it only became good after it 'acquired' certain sapects of its story from B5. Don't get me wrong once it did(after season 2) it really kicked into gear and I absolutely loved it, though I was always a bit miffed with what happened to Sisko in the final episode. But my favourite Trek franchise still has to be TNG and not because it had a Brit at the helm, after all he was playing a french man, I'm surprised there wasn't alot more retreating involved (sorry had to get that cultural cliche out of my system), season 3 through season 6 has to be the best Trek ever in my opinion.

RE: Star Trek Universe - wfmyers1207 - 06-22-2014

My favorite is the original series. Which I am old enough to remember seeing first run. Mr. Spock was my hero. Afraid, I didn't care much for any of the later derivative series'. None of them had the originality or strong cast like the original.

As for Picard, "that cheese eating surrender monkey"! He would be sipping Earl Grey and contemplating the philosophical ramifications while Kirk was slamming a Romulan ale and blowing his ass out of the sky!!Big Grin

The only time Picard showed any ass was when he was a Borg, and then he looked like he was going to a gay steampunk party!Tongue

RE: Star Trek Universe - Starfury - 06-23-2014

(06-22-2014, 04:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: My favorite is the original series. Which I am old enough to remember seeing first run. Mr. Spock was my hero. Afraid, I didn't care much for any of the later derivative series'. None of them had the originality or strong cast like the original.

As for Picard, "that cheese eating surrender monkey"! He would be sipping Earl Grey and contemplating the philosophical ramifications while Kirk was slamming a Romulan ale and blowing his ass out of the sky!!Big Grin

The only time Picard showed any ass was when he was a Borg, and then he looked like he was going to a gay steampunk party!Tongue

Ohhhh, thems fighting words...Big Grin

If Kirk had had the misfortune of meeting the Borg the Federation would now have added our biological and technological distinctiveness to their own. And the NCC1701 would be a floating wreck around some god forsaken Star in the hind-end of the alpha quadrant, because as usual he shot first and failed to take the appropriate time to assess the situation properlyExclamation

PS Thank you for the additional cultural cliche I feel so at home now Smile All we need is an inappropriate reference to onions and baguettes and I could be at a local tavern downing a pint of warm beer eating crisps and playing darts while men in silly costumes with bells dance around a maypole and can be seen through the tavern window on the village green!!!

RE: Star Trek Universe - wfmyers1207 - 06-23-2014

(06-23-2014, 09:19 AM)Starfury Wrote:
(06-22-2014, 04:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: My favorite is the original series. Which I am old enough to remember seeing first run. Mr. Spock was my hero. Afraid, I didn't care much for any of the later derivative series'. None of them had the originality or strong cast like the original.

If Kirk had had the misfortune of meeting the Borg the Federation would now have added our biological and technological distinctiveness to their own. And the NCC1701 would be a floating wreck around some god forsaken Star in the hind-end of the alpha quadrant, because as usual he shot first and failed to take the appropriate time to assess the situation properlyExclamation

PS Thank you for the additional cultural cliche I feel so at home now Smile All we need is an inappropriate reference to onions and baguettes and I could be at a local tavern downing a pint of warm beer eating crisps and playing darts while men in silly costumes with bells dance around a maypole and can be seen through the tavern window on the village green!!!

If Kirk and Spock had met the Borg it would have gone like this:

First, Spock would have fried their logic circuits with his cool, rapier like intellect.Big Grin

Whereupon, Kirk would turn the entire Borg Collective into a cloud of scrap metal and organic residue.Big Grin

The only way Picard could have actually won, was to hit the Borg with his baquette, onion and cheese breath! LOL!Tongue

Downing a pint now. Thank you very much for the idea.Smile No maypole dancers here in the US though. Drat!Sad

[/quote]

First, Spock would have fried their logic circuits with his cool, rapier like intellect.Big Grin

Whereupon, Kirk would turn the entire Borg Collective into a cloud of scrap metal and organic residue.Big Grin

The only way Picard could have actually won, was to hit the Borg with his baquette, onion and cheese breath! LOL!Tongue

Downing a pint now. Thank you very much for the idea.Smile No maypole dancers here in the US though. Drat!Sad
[/quote]

Be truly thankful there are no Maypole dancers in America, they give me the creeps, they really need to be a subject of Grimm, it would probably turn out that they are weird cult of Fauns who devour childrenAngry

(06-23-2014, 01:22 PM)Starfury Wrote: Ohhhh, thems fighting words...Big Grin

[/quote]

Be truly thankful there are no Maypole dancers in America, they give me the creeps, they really need to be a subject of Grimm, it would probably turn out that they are weird cult of Fauns who devour childrenAngry
[/quote]

I never realized that maypole dancers were such evil creatures! I shall never again attend a Renaissance Faire without a sword and dagger!Dodgy

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never realized that maypole dancers were such evil creatures! I shall never again attend a Renaissance Faire without a sword and dagger!Dodgy
[/quote]

Blah to swords and daggers, at minimum a full marine corp detachment with attached artillery battery and complementary air support, and just to be on the safe side a couple of tactical nukes, just in case, those Morris dancers are really, really insidiousTongue I ascribe to Eisenhower's maxim 'Peace through superior firepower', with my own addendum of 'Safety through maximum destruction' Big Grin

Well, I might also add the adjunct "Le May Treatment". (Named for Gen. Curtis Le May, CO of the US Army Air Corps in WWII.) "Bomb them until there is nothing but rubble. Then bomb the rubble into dust!" Ouch!!Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Star Trek Universe - Starfury - 06-24-2014

To quote the old adage 'the best defense is a good offense', Gen. Curtis Le May, I raise a toast in your honour and may you be sipping your favorite beverage with Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Arthur 'Bomber 'Harris' in heaven who did in the European theatre of war what Gen LeMay did in the Pacific theatreSmile