Grimm Forum
SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Shows (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Shows)
+---- Forum: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Agents-of-S-H-I-E-L-D)
+---- Thread: SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" (/Thread-SHIELD-1x21-Ragtag)

SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - pale boy - 05-06-2014

Spoilers incoming, as usual.

[Image: 2w5iv89.jpg]

Quote:Ragtag" - In the last episode before the epic season finale, Ward 's betrayal and HYDRA's shocking secrets are revealed as Coulson's team goes undercover on a mission that leaves no one unscathed, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, MAY 6 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/Kelsey McNeal) JOEL JOHNSTONE, PAUL ELIA

[Source]

Well, well, well, this show is on a roll. Definitely not the TV show we started with, and that's a good thing.

Especially nice -- and surprisingly so -- were the Ward flashbacks. There was also the Coulson team finding out Garrett's true nature as the "original" flavor Deathlok. Really loved the May/Coulson dynamic when they were pretending to be a duo like FitzSimmons; seeing May pretending to be Simmons was fantastic. Also: "file transfer".

What did you guys like?

RE: SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - grimmfreak - 05-07-2014

Loved this episode, it had everything going the right direction... Even Fitz and Trip had an awkward bonding moment... and while I'm not happy with his character, Fitz did pull off a nice trick on Garrett... He may be redeemable after all, as soon as the writers realize how dumb this jealousy thing is. Oh and I love the idea of a Trip/Simmons couple.

RE: SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - pale boy - 05-07-2014

(05-07-2014, 12:17 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: Loved this episode, it had everything going the right direction... Even Fitz and Trip had an awkward bonding moment... and while I'm not happy with his character, Fitz did pull off a nice trick on Garrett... He may be redeemable after all, as soon as the writers realize how dumb this jealousy thing is. Oh and I love the idea of a Trip/Simmons couple.

The EMP trick totally slipped my mind! That was a really cool moment for Fitz. (But yeah, I agree the unrequited crush Fitz has on Simmons is unnecessary and a misstep. I like FitzSimmons better as friends. And Trip is aaawe-some.)

RE: SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - droid327 - 05-13-2014

Yeah I've been on the record before, I think, saying I like FitzSimmons better as a sibling dynamic than as a romance.

I liked "File Transfer" too. Though my first thought, upon seeing all those HYDRA hard files with presumably no electronic backup, was "START A FIRE!!!!!" My wife did point out, though, that a full file cabinet would be exceedingly hard for two people to throw through a plate glass window like that Smile

Any chance to make Fitz more of a bad ass is a positive. And he got a one-liner! They've straddled the line nicely between Wesley Crusher and Daniel Jackson, in the sense of he's not too worthlessly nerdy, but not too Mary-Janeish where he's a deus-ex-machine tech genius AND more than a formidable combatant. I think the fact that he was completely fine, perhaps even aware beforehand, of the fact that he was killing Garrett is a very, very important detail in his character development...whether that sends him down the road to losing his moral compass and eventually earning a "that would make us no better than HYDRA" speech from Coulson, or merely to cold, ruthless rationality but still done with a sense of the greater good will remain to be seen.

Skye, the jury's still out on (she may prove to be an immortal Kree half-blood, we'll see), but they're doing good with Fitz Smile

RE: SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - pale boy - 05-15-2014

(05-13-2014, 12:32 AM)droid327 Wrote: Skye, the jury's still out on (she may prove to be an immortal Kree half-blood, we'll see), but they're doing good with Fitz Smile

And the show has actually been improving on the Skye front. :\ I hope next season doesn't end up having people fawn over her as much. That was really laid on a bit thick for a while there. (Though I think she's been actually interesting to watch lately.)

RE: SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - droid327 - 05-15-2014

(05-15-2014, 07:03 PM)pale boy Wrote: I hope next season doesn't end up having people fawn over her as much. That was really laid on a bit thick for a while there. (Though I think she's been actually interesting to watch lately.)

Well don't hold your breath....the season finale makes it look like we're going to be hearing a whole lot next season about how friggin' awesome all the writers think Skye really is...

RE: SHIELD 1x21 "Ragtag" - pale boy - 05-16-2014

(05-15-2014, 11:28 PM)droid327 Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 07:03 PM)pale boy Wrote: I hope next season doesn't end up having people fawn over her as much. That was really laid on a bit thick for a while there. (Though I think she's been actually interesting to watch lately.)

Well don't hold your breath....the season finale makes it look like we're going to be hearing a whole lot next season about how friggin' awesome all the writers think Skye really is...

Oh gawd, yeah, I did kind of twitch a few times during the finale when it seemed like they were falling back into "Skye worship", although it was generally awesome otherwise.