Grimm Forum
Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Cast & Crew (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Cast-Crew)
+--- Thread: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner (/Thread-Rosalee-Calvert-Bree-Turner)

Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - Lou - 04-04-2013

Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner

I’m glad she came back to the show. I guess she left the show to have a baby.

I wonder if her being unavailable gave the scriptwriters a hard time. It seemed to me that the whole Juliette coma thing’s resolution needed to simmer till Rosalee returned.

Just as an aside – I think the writers of serialized (or is it serial) TV shows have the hardest jobs. Every time an actor gets pregnant, or leaves the show, they have to do major re-writes

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - Lou - 04-06-2013

Just another Rosalee observation.
Is she the most together character on the show?
She always know what to do and what to say. Not at all like Monroe who is easily flustered.

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - GrimmForum - 04-07-2013

I had no idea that Bree Turner left the show because she was having a baby! I thought it was really odd that Rosalee left Portland for a few episode, and had thought that the writers may be putting less emphasis on her character. Yeah, I think writers must have it hard if unexpected events occur with their actors. But sometimes, I think it gives them opportunities to write it into the script. I think it happened on Angel with Cordillia's character?

I agree that Rosalee seems to be the most together one, then Nick. Seems like all the other major characters have/had some personal demons.

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - Elkhound - 03-12-2014

As an herbalist, she's the closest thing to a doctor the Weisen community have; doctors have to be able to keep their heads.

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - wfmyers1207 - 11-08-2015

Decided to revive this thread.

After seeing the promos for next Fridays' episode, I think I'm beginning to appreciate the character of Rosalee and the acting abilities of Bree Turner for the first time.

Rosalee is the only long running, female character on the show who has consistently shown both backbone and brains!

Juliette? Whiny and wishy washy. One day she's onboard with the deal the next she's whining!Confused

Adalind has never been anything but a pawn and too stupid and needy to realize she's being played for a sucker.Huh

Rosalee has been grossly imposed upon time and time again. Placed in mortal danger on numerous occassions. And asked to do some pretty disgusting things. But she has always been there for the crew come hell or high water!!Heart

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - jsgrimm45 - 11-08-2015

As I mostly look at only does the character work. All these posts on Rosalee are correct that is one reason I'm going be upset when the do (the whatever) to her and Monroe.

The character should NOT be messed with she is too well acted and set as a rock of the group.

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - Lou - 11-08-2015

Rosalee the character has always been the BEST. she always seems to know what to say and the correct response to a situation. Although during the tail end of last season and the beginning of this season they seem to be watering that down a bit.

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - GreenGoth - 10-26-2016

I love the way they play Rosalee & Monroe when they're home alone (but alas, almost always their romantic time gets interrupted by Grimm or Wesen Council business, as in the "Be upstairs in the next 5 minutes or you're the one who'll be self-winding," comment by Rosalee, leaning over Monroe while he's working late). And finding her sexy black lace undies between the couch cushions just before his parents arrive to meet her. When with the Scooby gang they seem to keep their private life private (well, except the honeymoon Skype, a bit, but...honeymoon?) outside of their Wesen genetics lesson for Nick & Co. at the spice shop; there's way too much crazy going on when Nick's involved to demand their attention anyway. But they are very much hot for each other, as we saw when they finally got their uninterrupted night together. At least the zombie problem didn't ruin that!

RE: Rosalee Calvert - Bree Turner - Musai - 02-02-2017

Rosealee is a favorite here too. I was asking my GRIMM friends since she's pregnant, is she going to have a Wesen Baby or a litter? Now that Diana made her prediction, it looks like a bit of a litter. Wink
Happy to say the Actress Bree Turner and her husband and family have bought a house in Portland and are staying. Just hope this doesn't put a damper on her acting career.